Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 macJc

Just a quick question. On the IEC Application and Declarations Form (2012) on the IEC Recognised Organisations part do we leave Recognised organisation as None?

Yeah, if you havent any organisation like USIT etc, say none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Yeah, if you havent any organisation like USIT etc, say none.[/Quote]

I'm just getting my documents checked by goforless so do I still put none?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tsukimi

Just beginning to think that I ****ed up my payment too....

I just did it online through AIB online banking, a funds transfer, but how do they know it's from me? As in..apart from the fact that it's my name on the account...will that be enough? Ahhh ><

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Tsukimi wrote: »
    Just beginning to think that I ****ed up my payment too....

I just did it online through AIB online banking, a funds transfer, but how do they know it's from me? As in..apart from the fact that it's my name on the account...will that be enough? Ahhh ><

Yeah that's what I'm wondering, they don't say anything about leaving a reference.... still waiting to send mine through, I'll ring them in the morning to find out for sure I guess :o

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tsukimi

Ring them? Is there a telephone number for them?

• Advertisement

Tsukimi wrote: »
    Ring them? Is there a telephone number for them?

Yeah mate... The "Contact Us" page from the IEC website...

Even an e-mail will do to them, they reply within the hour in my experience with them...

Tel.: (+ 353 1) 234 4000
    Fax: (+ 353 1)234 4001
    Hours of Operation

Monday to Friday: 09:00 - 13:00 and 14:00 - 16:30

E-mail: consul.dublin@international.gc.ca

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Put your WTN number as the reference, surely they'll match it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Wadju

@Tsukimi

I emailed them on Friday to see what the story was with the payment. As I said before, I just went into the AIB and paid it into their account, put my name down as the Payee and my WTN as a reference. Haven't heard from them yet. Should hear something tomorrow hopefully. It's a bit ridiculous that they don't outline the payment method more clearly. I'll let ya know when they email me back anyway.

Wadju wrote: »
    @Tsukimi

I emailed them on Friday to see what the story was with the payment. As I said before, I just went into the AIB and paid it into their account, put my name down as the Payee and my WTN as a reference. Haven't heard from them yet. Should hear something tomorrow hopefully. It's a bit ridiculous that they don't outline the payment method more clearly. I'll let ya know when they email me back anyway.

Did you also rename the Application form to your WTN number, and e-mail it to them?

It says that at the end of the e-mail they send out :o

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Last year when they sent you the email requested payment it included a link to upload a copy of your proof of payment.... they not doing that this year?

• Advertisement

Sync wrote: »
    Did you also rename the Application form to your WTN number, and e-mail it to them?

It says that at the end of the e-mail they send out :o

Yeah, I emailed that on to them as well. Got an automated response. That was back on Tuesday though. I was hoping to have got more follow up from them at this point.

Yeah, I emailed that on to them as well. Got an automated response. That was back on Tuesday though. I was hoping to have got more follow up from them at this point.

Ah right! Only transferred mine tonight, so I assume it won't go through until Wednesday maybe...

Is there more back and forth to be expected...?

Or, is that it now and you either get your visa or rejected?

Ah right! Only transferred mine tonight, so I assume it won't go through until Wednesday maybe...

According to someone else on here, they are more than likely going to contact people who sent in their applications before the Medical form was added and ask for that to be sent in. Other than that, I think all you have to do is wait for the approval or refusal.

Did you send in a medical form?

That wasn't part of the application when I sent it in... so what's the story with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

According to someone else on here, they are more than likely going to contact people who sent in their applications before the Medical form was added and ask for that to be sent in. Other than that, I think all you have to do is wait for the approval or refusal.

The medical form isn't required for everyone though am I right?

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/assets/pdfs/iec-eic/Medical_Declaration_Form_eng.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

you dont need to get a medical done, it's just a form you need to fill out saying that you don't need a medical

seems a bit pointless really

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stephencillian

Is anyone on there 2nd year, wats the deal with UCI number on application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada, and im already in canada so do i still fill this application out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

The received our applications in the High Commission on Thursday. (according to the tracking, we didn't get an email from them yet).

We're looking to go on March 1st. What are the chances of us getting our LOI's before then I wonder?

If we receive our LOI's at the end of February, then booking flights that leave just a few days later will be much more expensive.

We were thinking of booking flights now anyway in the hope that we will have our LOI's by then but maybe it's not such a good idea. Could be an expensive risk.

How long did they take to issue last year, on average?

Also, what is the time gap between the next few stages i.e.

1. receive email from IEC confirming they have received application
    2. receive email from IEC to say whether or not successful
    3. We pay
    4. They email us the LOI

Anyone give a rough estimate or even say which are the longer gaps between each step?

book your flights anyway

if the loi isnt there by the time you set off, you'll just need to print it out from canada and take a day trip to the american side of the border. when you head back in present your documentation and you'll get your visa

Yeah we considered that but then if it's still weeks from being issued, Canada isn't the cheapest place to be without earning.

Here in Korea we can live on pittance in comparison. If the LOI was sent within days of us arriving that'd be fine, we could just pop down to Seattle but if for some reason it took weeks, we'd be screwed.

• Advertisement

you're probably gonna be waiting a few weeks to get a job anyway, so you might as well go and start looking so that you're ready to start work as soon as the paperwork comes in

kraggy wrote: »

3. We pay
    4. They email us the LOI

Anyone give a rough estimate or even say which are the longer gaps between each step?

I got the Step 1 e-mail last Thursday... and the Step 2 e-mail on the Friday :o

Paid today... so will update you when I find out :p

3. We pay
    4. They email us the LOI

I got the Step 1 e-mail last Thursday... and the Step 2 e-mail on the Friday :o

Paid today... so will update you when I find out :p

Hey sync. When did you send your application in?

Hey sync. When did you send your application in?

Ehm, sent my application on the 23rd of December, that's the date it arrived (with UPS tracking)

I only received the e-mail to say that they got it on the 12th (last thursday) and then the e-mail to say it had been accepted and I needed to pay on the 13th...

I'm freaking out! Confirm that you've received the bloody payment!

Anyone got confirmation of this yet? And when you emailed them the IMM1295 form, did you just get an automated response from them?

This is all I've got since the payment:
    "Your e-mail has been received. This mailbox is to be used exclusively for
    the submission of Applications for Work Permits under the International
    Experience Canada program. Inquiries about the program are to be directed
    to: ldn.iec@international.gc.ca"

Same as you... that's all I got after payment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Go Pack Go

I sent my application away on the 27th of December and still haven't had an email saying that they've recieved my application. Last year I had an email confirming this 2 days after it was sent. Is anyone else having this same problem? Is so frustrating, I got a new life I've rebuilt hanging by a thread. If I don't get this then I Literally have nowhere to live lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 hickeydermot

guys I'm currently filling out the iec application form.

What goes in the "uci" box at the very top?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Colmfatcamp

guys I'm currently filling out the iec application form.

What goes in the "uci" box at the very top?

Client ID number on your permit if you had one before. 8 digits. xxxx-xxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Colmfatcamp

Anyone been rejected out of hand for the 18 month thing? I'm pretty much on the border with it, interested to see if they're enforcing it to the letter. Not holding out much hope but anyway!

Advertisement