Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Im just waiting for something to go wrong.
    :pac:

wallpaper2.gif

"You're gonna screw it up!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Kinda feeling lonely last while and no messages for ages. Then BOOM!

Incredibly attractive lady messages me. :)
    Sanity stabilised! (For the moment, anyway) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

Flaker wrote: »
    I had some one read my (very few) posts on this forum and join boards specially to ask me out on a date!! Not sure whether to be flattered or freaked out! Won't be taking them up on their offer though - it's too weird.

Why? it's someone who came across you, found you funny or interesting and wants to date you... Without presumably ever seeing you.

What's the worst that could happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 murhatchi

Flaker wrote: »
    I had some one read my (very few) posts on this forum and join boards specially to ask me out on a date!! Not sure whether to be flattered or freaked out! Won't be taking them up on their offer though - it's too weird.

Why? it's someone who came across you, found you funny or interesting and wants to date you... Without presumably ever seeing you.

What's the worst that could happen?

Get another sim card for phone if in doubt, I've been plagued :-(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭bordsie

im never too sure if the girls im chatting to wanna meet up...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

bordsie wrote: »
    im never too sure if the girls im chatting to wanna meet up...

Well, there's one way to find out ;)

• Administrators Posts: 53,444 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

its funny i was talking to a girl who is really good looking, all the time wondering had she noticed that she is an inch taller than me...

I was playing it coy talking about not knowing if a girl would be freaked out if asked out over the net, then just said "you know im talking about you? id be interested in meeting for a drink if you are?"

*visits my profile again*

she said "yes, im taller than you though if that's ok?"

haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

bordsie wrote: »
    its funny i was talking to a girl who is really good looking, all the time wondering had she noticed that she is an inch taller than me...

I was playing it coy talking about not knowing if a girl would be freaked out if asked out over the net, then just said "you know im talking about you? id be interested in meeting for a drink if you are?"

*visits my profile again*

she said "yes, im taller than you though if that's ok?"

haha

So, when's the date? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

'Wooooooooooooooh Woooooooooooooh i just wanna ...'

Message I just recieved on POF. Im intruiged.

awec wrote: »
    Wear heels. :D

should i jokingly say to her "don't wear heels" in response......even though im deadly serious ;)

So, when's the date? :p

ah i dunno prob next weekend i guess, haven't been on a date in months it will be terrifying if goes ahead :P

awec wrote: »
    If she has a sense of humour she'll appreciate that. :)

As long as you say it in a clear joking tone.

nah i dont think ill risk it, really hope she doesn't though haha

yeah we're both under 6 foot but i think she will shatter that barrier in big heels!

one positive is at least she knows, cause i was wondering had she noticed and didn't want her to be shocked by it when we met :pac:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

'Wooooooooooooooh Woooooooooooooh i just wanna ...'

Message I just recieved on POF. Im intruiged.
    That's funny I got the exact same message last night! And I thought it was me he 'wanna' :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

POF seem to have gotten an injection of cash I'd say, between the TV ad campaigns these days, and now professionally produced in house videos they're stepping up. Here's a video for guys on what to do and not to do when making a profile :

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

My first day was a success- turns out loads more people like bigger girls than I assumed. I should be jumping for joy but instead I am worried.

I got the obvious looneys with kinky emails but it's the normal sounding ones that have me apprehensive. Most list keeping fit as their hobbies-why would they want to be with me? I am allergic to exercise. But that's the least of my worries.

My profile pic is from the neck down and many of the guys seemed more interested in the fact that I was african than anything else, and there we have it, I am worried about being anyone's token black date.

This one guy kept on repeating how he likes africans and when I asked him what he finds attractive in a partner, he said dark skin. Really?! Earlier in the conversation, he was a lot nicer so I had agreed to go on a date with him today and now I am really apprehensive. Should I give him a chance or should I just cancel?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    My first day was a success- turns out loads more people like bigger girls than I assumed. I should be jumping for joy but instead I am worried.

I got the obvious looneys with kinky emails but it's the normal sounding ones that have me apprehensive. Most list keeping fit as their hobbies-why would they want to be with me? I am allergic to exercise. But that's the least of my worries.

My profile pic is from the neck down and many of the guys seemed more interested in the fact that I was african than anything else, and there we have it, I am worried about being anyone's token black date.

This one guy kept on repeating how he likes africans and when I asked him what he finds attractive in a partner, he said dark skin. Really?! Earlier in the conversation, he was a lot nicer so I had agreed to go on a date with him today and now I am really apprehensive. Should I give him a chance or should I just cancel?

Some people are just into bigger women, some people think theyre easy targets. Hard part is distinguishing between the two.

If it was me and i was uncomfortable about the date id probably cancel but on the same hand you know what they say nothing ventured... if it started to go pear shaped you could always leg it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Ammsy500 wrote: »
    That's funny I got the exact same message last night! And I thought it was me he 'wanna' :p

Glad I'm not the only one attracting the crazies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

c - 13 wrote: »
    Some people are just into bigger women, some people think theyre easy targets. Hard part is distinguishing between the two.

If it was me and i was uncomfortable about the date id probably cancel but on the same hand you know what they say nothing ventured... if it started to go pear shaped you could always leg it ?

You're right. Try it and leg it if doesn't go well. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Don;t like the new way of viewing messages on pof. The way it comes up as a convo. Just as well as I'm deleting the profile...again!

I actually prefer the new layout. Sometimes I have a habit of accidentally deleting messages, especially when I'm on my mobile, so it's good now that I can easily keep track of what's been said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I actually prefer the new layout. Sometimes I have a habit of accidentally deleting messages, especially when I'm on my mobile, so it's good now that I can easily keep track of what's been said.

But now you have to scroll down to the bottom to see, and the writing is smaller.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement