Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Bleh... trying to organise something for my 21st is annoying, especially when one place I asked in said they don't do 21st's anymore, despite the fact that a friend of mine has booked her 21st for a date a week before mine >_<

I don't suppose any of the more mature (:pac:) Limerick C&Hers have any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I dunno about Limerick, but for my 21st I don't think I'm going to bother having something big. Probably just a house thing or maybe head out to town. I'm not overly bothered. Much prefer to spend the money on something else.

/waits for IO to come along with advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Robby91 wrote: »
    Bleh... trying to organise something for my 21st is annoying, especially when one place I asked in said they don't do 21st's anymore, despite the fact that a friend of mine has booked her 21st for a date a week before mine >_<

I don't suppose any of the more mature (:pac:) Limerick C&Hers have any suggestions?

Where have you already tried?

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I dunno about Limerick, but for my 21st I don't think I'm going to bother having something big. Probably just a house thing or maybe head out to town. I'm not overly bothered. Much prefer to spend the money on something else.

/waits for IO to come along with advice

Ye, I don't want to have go all-out on something, but I'd like to do something I'd remember - I'd love to have something at the house would be great, but I live too far out of the way for everybody and I can't exactly go taking over someone's house :p
    Where have you already tried?
    A friend recommended The Bailey (no luck there) and the Ardhu(?), which I'll try next week since I had no intention of strolling out that far in the rain :P I tried The Locke as well (as suggested by the woman I was speaking to in The Bailey) but the manager was out so I'll have to try again on Monday.

Beyond that, I don't really have any other places I'd know of (apart from the Clarion, since a friend had his 21st there last year, but that seems a bit too much for my liking) since I've never been particularly big into all this :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Those eye check ups for contact lens are such a rip off. All I had to do was sit in front of the already on machine, look around and blink. I was in and out in less than five minutes. WHY DOES THAT COST TWENTY EURO?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I'm having mine as a joint one in a pub. We always have house parties in our house so we wanted to do something different for it! Are there any other good pubs around? You can get really really good deals so ring a few to see what they're charging for!

Ye, I don't want to have go all-out on something, but I'd like to do something I'd remember - I'd love to have something at the house would be great, but I live too far out of the way for everybody and I can't exactly go taking over someone's house :p

A friend recommended The Bailey (no luck there) and the Ardhu(?), which I'll try next week since I had no intention of strolling out that far in the rain :P I tried The Locke as well (as suggested by the woman I was speaking to in The Bailey) but the manager was out so I'll have to try again on Monday.

Beyond that, I don't really have any other places I'd know of (apart from the Clarion, since a friend had his 21st there last year, but that seems a bit too much for my liking) since I've never been particularly big into all this :P

The Ardhu might do it! Love that pub :D The Locke do 21st birthdays?! Would Smyth's give ye anything? Clohessy's take group parties as well! Will provide food and all that shizz!

Lawliet wrote: »
    Those eye check ups for contact lens are such a rip off. All I had to do was sit in front of the already on machine, look around and blink. I was in and out in less than five minutes. WHY DOES THAT COST TWENTY EURO?

You had to pay for the checkup? I had to pay 20 for the fitting and then the checkup was free in specsavers!

The Ardhu might do it! Love that pub :D The Locke do 21st birthdays?! Would Smyth's give ye anything? Clohessy's take group parties as well! Will provide food and all that shizz!

Apparently, The Locke does private events - I've only been in there once before some afternoon, and it just seemed like your regular old pub tbh, was a bit surprised by that revelation :D I never thought to try Smyth's or Clohessy's (gonna try and get around as many places as I can on Monday during the 3hr break that I have), although don't Smyth's have an over 21's policy? I'll give them a go either way.

Apparently, The Locke does private events - I've only been in there once before some afternoon, and it just seemed like your regular old pub tbh, was a bit surprised by that revelation :D I never thought to try Smyth's or Clohessy's (gonna try and get around as many places as I can on Monday during the 3hr break that I have), although don't Smyth's have an over 21's policy? I'll give them a go either way.

There's a load of places in the city! Flannery's (Denmark St one), Aubars have a huuuuge area in which you can have an event, I already said Clohessy's. Maybe Flan might give you a deal in Costie's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

F*ck sake,some of my housemates had people up for the whole week.
    At night, I was woken when they came back from town.
    Last night, One woke me to get out of bed and go talk to them.
    I didnt get to bed till half 5 because of this, which made me over sleep and make me miss my first lecture this morning ( I WAS ON FOR A GOLDEN WEEK ;_; )
    place, no clean dishes and what have you, knowing full well that id be here all weekend.And when I get home today, I find they've all gone, left the kitchen in a state, pizza boxes/cans and stuff around the place.
    Even if they'd loaded the dishwasher it wouldve been a start.

There's a load of places in the city! Flannery's (Denmark St one), Aubars have a huuuuge area in which you can have an event, I already said Clohessy's. Maybe Flan might give you a deal in Costie's?
    Ah, Aubars, that was the other place that the manager (I assume) in The Bailey suggested, hadn't a clue what she was on about :p

Thanks for all the suggestions, must try and find a pen and paper now to take note of them :3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

You had to pay for the checkup? I had to pay 20 for the fitting and then the checkup was free in specsavers!
    I had the fitting at another optician last year, so specsavers hit me with the full price. I have to go back for a full eye test in a few months, even though I have no intention of paying for new glasses even if my vision has gotten worse - I just can't afford it. This seeing business is just too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Maybe don't mention it is a 21st? It's just a birthday or a 22nd... A 21st may have bad connotations.

Ah, Aubars, that was the other place that the manager (I assume) in The Bailey suggested, hadn't a clue what she was on about :p

Thanks for all the suggestions, must try and find a pen and paper now to take note of them :3

IO will probably have more suggestions and better advice :pac: But shure try em anyway :) and good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Aggghhh. Fooking wired civilisation. Bloody hell if you hear the conversations I'm having in me head I could write a comedy show. I need to stop watching tv that sheet is getting too fookin real!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Parties in Limerick:

Starting with your local GAA/Rugby club, if they have a bar, can make things handy. Otherwise:

The Ardhu would be a very good spot for a 21st. They have their own DJ for parties, a large heated smoking area and 2 bars, and I think they put on finger food. It's only a ten/fifteen minute walk from the middle of town, or a cheap taxi fair.

The Bailey (formerly Mojos) has always tried to cater for a slightly older crowd, so I'm not surprised they wouldn't help ye there. Similarly, Bentley's further up O'Connell Street, and Aubars on Thomas Street. They're expensive bars too.

Smyth's bouncers can be contrary about age/ID. Even if you and your friends are well over 18, chances are they'd refuse someone entry and ruin the buzz for everyone else. That said, if you contacted them in advance, booked it and put together some kind of guest-list, you'd probably all have a very good night there. I don't like the place (it's too big and loud for my tastes) but they do get some quality covers bands in.

Upstairs in The Locke could be an option. Again, some of their prices can be high, but they have the greatest range of quality beers, stouts and ciders of any pub in Limerick.

A few of my friends in college had 21sts in Clohessy's over the last few years. Great finger food, decent DJ, average prices/average pints. Probably your safest bet.

Others who might be worth asking: Flannery's at the top of Denmark Street; Foxy John's on Bedford Row; O'Connell's (the favourite bar of everyone on the Limerick Forum ;), formerly known as The Olde Quarter); Russell's on the Father Russell Road (my brother had his 21st there in 2010. Good food, band and DJ, very good deal on the booking price).

For all the bad press Limerick gets, the city and its environs have a great range of options for a night out. :)

Nearly two and a half hours to reply? You're slacking tommy! Did your limerick radar not alert you? :P

Thanks for all the info, IO. Just got a call back from the manager of The Locke, and he said that the room (the girl behind the bar earlier said there was the upstairs venue, and a second bar off to the side downstairs and I neglected to ask which part the manager was talking about) and barman were free, and that food would be €4/person (which reminds me, must try and sort out more accurate numbers of people) since I was looking for the Thursday.

I'm being spoiled for choice now, gonna have to ask the lads (and ladies, ofc :P) what they'd think, if I can get a hold of them at some point next week.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Nearly two and a half hours to reply? You're slacking tommy! Did your limerick radar not alert you? :P

I was busy cycling home from work, drinking tea, watching Eddie Izzard, chatting on Facebook, eating my dinner and talking to my parents! :P It was a busy two and a half hours...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

My planned sleep-in for tomorrow has been compromised. Severely compromised. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Last night, One woke me to get out of bed and go talk to them.
    What kind of sick bastard does something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Well this has been the worst week of my life. At least it's friday and I don't have school on monday \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

If I get one more text with people shortening worlds I'll explode. "OMG It was so awks I was lit morts"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Oh my god my niece is such a moany child!
    She whinges every few minutes.
    She wants to charge her ds for tomorrow but she dosent want it to charge overnight,she wants to read her book but cant find her page but she wont flick through it.Through dinner she just whinged and whinged.
    I'm so unbelievably sick of this child if I had my way she'd be sleeping out in the shed!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

If I get one more text with people shortening worlds I'll explode. "OMG It was so awks I was lit morts"
    Bu I just wan t tal t yo
    She wants to charge her ds for tomorrow but she dosent want it to charge overnight,she wants to read her book but cant find her page but she wont flick through it.Through dinner she just whinged and whinged.
    I'm so unbelievably sick of this child if I had my way she'd be sleeping out in the shed!

And people wonder why I hate children

• Registered Users Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

And people wonder why I hate children

It's been about half an hour of non stop whinging.
    Its that horrible stupid noise when its just for attention and nothing is actually wrong.
    She's 7,thought she'd have grown out of it by now!
    I've never liked children but living with this little brat just renforces that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

AdBlock has inexplicably stopped working. I forgot how many ads there are on the internet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

amazon fuucked up my order so now i have to wait till next week to finish building my pc (now time for some random key bashing in annoyance) ASDOJVSDLF NVJQWVJNEQ;BVJW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I think I may have said this here somewhere before, but there's definitely truth in the phrase about children: "Girls wreck your head, boys wreck your house."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement