Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I sorta flirted more with the idea of Internet dating rather than with women on POF but I am curious about the whole adding someone on Facebook before you meet them.

I was asked by a girl who was possibly up for meeting last night to look her up and add her on FB but I'm someone who needs to cull a few people as it is (people you met once on holiday and never talked to since etc) so I can't help but feel anyone on a site like this that wants you to add them will end up in the culling pile within no time.

Do you add if someone asks or do you make excuses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Christ, the third girl just asked me out. Meeting tomorrow night. She seems lovely from emails and I'm pretty nervous about meeting her.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Christ, the third girl just asked me out. Meeting tomorrow night. She seems lovely from emails and I'm pretty nervous about meeting her.

So. What's your secret? :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,468 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

I sorta flirted more with the idea of Internet dating rather than with women on POF but I am curious about the whole adding someone on Facebook before you meet them.

I was asked by a girl who was possibly up for meeting last night to look her up and add her on FB but I'm someone who needs to cull a few people as it is (people you met once on holiday and never talked to since etc) so I can't help but feel anyone on a site like this that wants you to add them will end up in the culling pile within no time.

Do you add if someone asks or do you make excuses?

I would be cautious about adding someone on Facebook before meeting them. One of the girls I've chatting to asked about it (not the randomer that blatantly asked to see my Facebook page) and I kind of want to skirt the issue with her. Adding them on Facebook gives them more access to your life and friends and I would be reluctant to give that to someone without meeting them.

• Advertisement

Chet Zar wrote: »
    So. What's your secret? :)

I wish I knew, I'm never this popular down the pub. A lot of women have said my profile was interesting when they got in touch with me though, maybe it's drawing them in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I just got this tripe into my inbox:
    So im gonna be honest. Im not the Hi or hello type. but im gonna tell you that your absolutely beautiful. Its breath taking. You seem like the type of girl that should be on a magazine cover or have a boyfriend who shows you off to his friends. If your personality is as beautiful as you are, message me back:)

Followed a few seconds later by:
    and by the way, Irish girls are my weakness :)

Ugh........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Ugh........

How can they think this type of crap with work? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Ugh........

Note to self, approach not working :pac:

:p

That's just been added to my repertoire, this guy is some wordsmith!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JennyBurke101

Ugh........

I got a message from a 50 year old asking was I a goth in a really unfriendly way and then he mentioned something about stroking a pole....:/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Latest message:

"Hay baby" (yes, with an 'a')

His profile picture is of him in his boxers clutching his crotch. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

What age are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Moocawn

Just uploaded my first picture to OKC, have yet to fill out the speel about what I'm doing with my life etc, perhaps tomorrow! Don't know if this will be worth it, the only thing that I know about online dating is that I met an acquaintance recently with his lovely girlfriend whom he met online!

Ugh........

Pic please :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Back from the date. That went splendidly :)
    First and foremost it was a case of her being significantly better looking in real life than the profile pics would suggest so I was a little taken aback at first. Hopefully I didn't come across as being too goofy.
    We had a good laugh and a couple of drinks. She's really nice and we plan to meet up gain.
    Can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JennyBurke101

Yaaaaaayyyyyy go Galvasean!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

GrumPy wrote: »
    Need advice on re-jigging my profile since I had to give the last girl I met the aul heave ho - be nice to freshen it up!

Any ladies willing to have a look?

I'm happy to take a look if you PM me the link :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 murhatchi

Galvasean wrote: »
    Back from the date. That went splendidly :)
    First and foremost it was a case of her being significantly better looking in real life than the profile pics would suggest so I was a little taken aback at first. Hopefully I didn't come across as being too goofy.
    We had a good laugh and a couple of drinks. She's really nice and we plan to meet up gain.
    Can't wait :D

That happened to me too, much better looking then profile. She was the nutter though, another battery of odd messages over the weekend urgh.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

I've got myself into a bit of a situation.

I had a date on Friday night which I already posted went well.

Saturday I had a coffee date with a different guy. Nice guy but no interest on my part. Haven't heard from him since so I think probably none on his either.

Had a second date tonight with the first guy and it again went well. We plan to meet again during the week.
    My issue here is I had already arranged a date with a third guy this week. He cancelled last week so we rearranged to this week. I like the first guy and am not sure if I should cancel guy 3. This is so unlike me to even try and juggle this. ARGH.. what to do???:confused:

Listen to your heart. It whispers, so listen closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 murhatchi

ladylost wrote: »

Saturday I had a coffee date with a different guy. Nice guy but no interest on my part. Haven't heard from him since so I think probably none on his either.

Had a second date tonight with the first guy and it again went well. We plan to meet again during the week.
    My issue here is I had already arranged a date with a third guy this week. He cancelled last week so we rearranged to this week. I like the first guy and am not sure if I should cancel guy 3. This is so unlike me to even try and juggle this. ARGH.. what to do???:confused:

I would go ahead, they are only dates and guy one may well be dating away?

Samich wrote: »
    What age are you?

I'm 28 next month Samich.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,740 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Gwan the Galv!
    Great to hear bud, and plans to meet up again sounds really promising too!:)

awec wrote: »
    OKC or POF?

OKC

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

ladylost wrote: »

I say go for it :D . Its only a date and as someone else said 1st guy could be dating other people aswell. Always best not to put all your eggs into one basket on the 1st/2nd date with anyone as we've all heard before some guys/girls cease contact after a few dates when you think its going well :eek:

• Advertisement

Is there any other 20 year old fellas on this thread?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement