Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,694 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

uglyjohn wrote: »
    oh sh1t!

no idea what to do! it turns out i've been messaging my flatmates ex... :eek:

basically she sent me a message first and unlocked her pictures to my and i thought i recognised her.... so i texted my flatmate asking her profile name and some details about her...he replied with a different country and profile name so i thought i was in the clear so i wrote back ( aka "unleased the charm") and then she replied saying she knew me and dated my housemate! :eek:

also she wants to meet....:confused:

If I were you, I'd get the all clear from the housemate first before meeting.
    If he's cool with it, happy days but if not, I'd tell herself "no sorry" as I wouldn't want the hassle. That's just me personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Sanjuro wrote: »
    though I'm not sure if they got the Animaniac reference :(

They're not worth it then!
    I concur!!

Uglyjohn what will your mate say if you tell him? If they were together for a while it might be best to leave it alone!

oh sh1t!

no idea what to do! it turns out i've been messaging my flatmates ex... :eek:

basically she sent me a message first and unlocked her pictures to my and i thought i recognised her.... so i texted my flatmate asking her profile name and some details about her...he replied with a different country and profile name so i thought i was in the clear so i wrote back ( aka "unleased the charm") and then she replied saying she knew me and dated my housemate! :eek:

also she wants to meet....:confused:

I can't help but laugh. It just goes to show how bloody small this country is sometimes. Was chatting to a girl once and over the course of our conversation it turned out that not only did we grow up in the same village, but she was also with my brother at some point. Yikes.
    Sanjuro wrote: »
    They're not worth it then!

Definitely. I actually use it as a litmus test. If they don't understand random Animaniac quotes, then they're not for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Speaking of cartoon quotes, really hope teh people who thanked this post:
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Listen to your heart. It whispers, so listen closely.

got the reference as opposed to thought it was good advice :P

Galvasean wrote: »
    Speaking of cartoon quotes, really hope teh people who thanked this post:

got the reference as opposed to thought it was good advice :P
    Land Before Time, eh?
    At first glance I thought it was from An American Tail - speaking of which:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

I can't help but laugh. It just goes to show how bloody small this country is sometimes. Was chatting to a girl once and over the course of our conversation it turned out that not only did we grow up in the same village, but she was also with my brother at some point. Yikes.

Location - Western Australia ....but yeah, the point still stands...i have previously asked him for his "list" to avoid this exact situation and incidently after this girl he put his agre range from 28+ and mine is 27- so we shouldnt cross over!
    Panthro wrote: »
    If I were you, I'd get the all clear from the housemate first before meeting.
    If he's cool with it, happy days but if not, I'd tell herself "no sorry" as I wouldn't want the hassle. That's just me personally.

Completely agree. there are unspoken rules. i know he'd be ok with it but i would deffo run it by him first to avoid a strange meeting over breakfast!

Location - Western Australia ....but yeah, the point still stands...i have previously asked him for his "list" to avoid this exact situation and incidently after this girl he put his agre range from 28+ and mine is 27- so we shouldnt cross over!

Completely agree. there are unspoken rules. i know he'd be ok with it but i would deffo run it by him first to avoid a strange meeting over breakfast!

Ha. Western Australia? Fuck. I take it back, this country isn't small, the whole bloody world is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Oh well, that little escapade was fun while it lasted. Excuse me while I scurry back down my little hole! Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Larianne wrote: »
    GrumPy wrote: »
    Got talking to a lovely girl on OKC last night. :-) She messaged me after I suggested a change to her profile. Told that lady her profile was lame, ladies love being called lame. :-P

Really? :cool:

Oh god, it was you was it?!

Well now I feel like a jerk! *blushes, hides in dumpster*

Ah Larianne is a hottie, so she doesn't need an overly exciting profile ;) :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 murhatchi

On kind advice from a poster here I changed my username on POF. It is now changed from what I had for dinner they I put my profile up to something cheesy !! Let it ride as they say....

• Administrators Posts: 53,393 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

awec wrote: »
    Just checked mine, not even had any views! :(

Join the club :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Guys, what do you put in a message. I've read profiles and sent personalised messages but I've had no luck so far.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Grr my ex keeps messaging me online.... :mad:

I guess no views is better than views with no messages. :D:o

Sure is, at least the ones who haven't viewed you have no opinion of you so could be good or bad, where as I know where I stand with people who view me :pac:

Keep the head up. :)

And no, that is not an innuendo.

It's hard! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

So I just re-jigged my POF profile a wee bit there,could I get one of the ladies on here to give it the once over for meh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Can you post anonymously on this forum? I made a post there last night venting my woes as a newbie to all this but its never shown up.

I'm just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mcmacness

Was thinking of joining Plenty of Fish the other day. Was a bit depressed and am newly single so thought I'd give it a go. When I was filling out the Registration bit though it kept freezing as I was typing in the second half of that code it asks you to type in. Is that a normal occurence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I kinda of randomly set up an OKC profile a few days ago after reading a tone of this thread.

I hadn't planned to but I was intrigued by the detailed questions it ask and interested to see if there really was someone out there for me. Next thing you know I'm throwing up profile pics (crap ones I could find fast on my machine/friends facebook etc Don't really have many proper pics of myself) and filling out a profile.

I always thought I'd find someone naturally in life and was content to let it happen. I've been very shy in my earlier years and a bit oblivious to what women thought of me. Then there was just years of never really meeting any new people. So I've never had a proper relationship, I wasn't too bothered by this but I'm in my mid twenties now and feel like I'm missing out.

Problem for me going on a dating site was I had to now advertise/sell myself and compete as if I was some kinda product. And I knew that most girls would have no interest in me as I'm a bit of a "nerd/dork" not into clubbing and all that. That's fine as I hope to meet someone like me , similar interests and way of thinking etc. Someone I could really talk to.

While I'm not happy with the way I look , I don't think I'm totally ugly but most women it would seem would have no interest as I'm not tall. I see this posted on a lot of forums and even in this thread. I can't change that unfortunately. & lastly, I don't look my age at all. This would be another turn off.

So due to above reason I never thought dating sites were an option. But when I saw those personality questions on OKC , I dunno it just happened.

So sure enough after a few days of trying to find pics and answering a tone of questions filling out my profile I see this girl who is rated as my highest match. I read her profile in great detail and love everything about it.

So after 2 days I worked up the nerve to message her. Waited a day and nothing :( She had been online it would seem during that time so I assume she saw it and had no interest.

I feel really **** about it though as its not like I'm seeing tones more people who seem compatible.

I don't get me wrong I wasn't fully expecting to hit it off I was just hoping for a chat and see how things went from there. I look about 4-5 years younger than I am, and I had considered putting a fake DOB to match how I look but I wanted my profile to be 100% honest. Maybe people now think I'm lying about my age. I feel really bummed out now. Maybe my profile sucks.

I kinda just wanted to vent. Thanks for reading.
    Can you post anonymously on this forum? I made a post there last night venting my woes as a newbie to all this but its never shown up.

I'm just wondering.

Hi,you can post anonymously in this thread however the posts are pre-moderated as in a mod has to approve them first.Sometimes we dont get time to do so during they day however Ive approved your first post and quoted it in this post so people can see it.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

So I just re-jigged my POF profile a wee bit there,could I get one of the ladies on here to give it the once over for meh!

PM me a link to your profile & I'll have a look if you like

I'm just wondering.

No you can't! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

ladylost wrote: »
    I've got myself into a bit of a situation.

I had a date on Friday night which I already posted went well.

Saturday I had a coffee date with a different guy. Nice guy but no interest on my part. Haven't heard from him since so I think probably none on his either.

Had a second date tonight with the first guy and it again went well. We plan to meet again during the week.
    My issue here is I had already arranged a date with a third guy this week. He cancelled last week so we rearranged to this week. I like the first guy and am not sure if I should cancel guy 3. This is so unlike me to even try and juggle this. ARGH.. what to do???:confused:

Cancel. The guy you already meet is more important that one you haven't IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi,you can post anonymously in this thread however the posts are pre-moderated as in a mod has to approve them first.Sometimes we dont get time to do so during they day however Ive approved your first post and quoted it in this post so people can see it.
    :)

Sorry didn't meant to be impatient, thought maybe I was wrong about the feature.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

ladylost wrote: »
    I've got myself into a bit of a situation.

I had a date on Friday night which I already posted went well.

Saturday I had a coffee date with a different guy. Nice guy but no interest on my part. Haven't heard from him since so I think probably none on his either.

Had a second date tonight with the first guy and it again went well. We plan to meet again during the week.
    My issue here is I had already arranged a date with a third guy this week. He cancelled last week so we rearranged to this week. I like the first guy and am not sure if I should cancel guy 3. This is so unlike me to even try and juggle this. ARGH.. what to do???:confused:

Give it a go, you only went out with him once so far....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,694 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

A girl I know from work messaged me on pof. She's a bit of a..how shall I put this.. Bellend.. Her message said don't worry, she won't tell anyone at work she spotted me, as she's a proper mouth. Guaranteed she will be spreading the rumour though. Bellend.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement