Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Irritations - First World Problems

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Webcourses is designed for just that sort of thing. Why not use it?
    Honestly, i didn't know webcurses had that functionality, but tbh i don't think it would work as well as facebook, especially if you have some idiot in your group who doesn't do anything, facebook is quite a good way of tracking them down!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Honestly, i didn't know webcurses had that functionality, but tbh i don't think it would work as well as facebook, especially if you have some idiot in your group who doesn't do anything, facebook is quite a good way of tracking them down!

Well that's hardly the fault of actual good work doing folks.

There is a chat function in web courses, mail function. You can use it easily. Maybe if Facebook wasn't available they would be more inclined to actually use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Why are some lecturers so unorganised? We have a Spanish oral tomorrow, our lecturer was meant to email us at some point last week to let us know when what time we have them at so we don't have to wait around for the three hours that the class is on. Of course she hasn't emailed us yet. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

People are pretty passive agressive about people being on facebook in the library. If the library is full, people are on facebook and you need a PC then ask either confront them or ask someone at the librarys reception if they could help you out. And specifically for the guy sleeping at the PC, wake him up and tell him to piss off.

Oh it also annoys me that the libraries are only open until 9, and 5 on Friday. It's a bit ridiculous, it'd make more sense if they were open later, especially at the moment when exams/assignments are due.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Sitting in the library but thte printers aint poxy working.....I am soooooo screwed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭overshoot

Sitting in the library but thte printers aint poxy working.....I am soooooo screwed!
    invest in a printer, well worth it! i got a a3 printer & a4 scanner for 140. handiest thing ever. if you have full colour page prints though its cheaper in college.
    there are a few other printers dotted around the college too that people tend to forget about

people talking in the silent study area. i dont give a **** if ya actually are working, ya might as well be talking about the football

This fúcked me over today too. It was the whole of DIT apparently.

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    This fúcked me over today too. It was the whole of DIT apparently.

Did this get sorted do you know?

I'm gonna head in in the morning to do a project, but I can't read articles off the computer, I need a hard copy!

Did this get sorted do you know?

I'm gonna head in in the morning to do a project, but I can't read articles off the computer, I need a hard copy!

Yeah I got stuff printed about 4 this afternoon.

• Advertisement

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Yeah I got stuff printed about 4 this afternoon.
    ta very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

More of a major problem...

Fire alarms going off in Aungier St this morning. Set off by junkies stealing laptops. I know they tell you to just drop everything when an alarm goes offf, but...don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Get a new colour printer in Bolton Street!! Only one working today and ther queue in the library was huge! Place is a joke at times!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

The lack of bog roll in the Kevin St toilets these days is frightening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

I want to like webcourses, but just can't. Some of our lecturers use it, some use the older class-specific online forum, and some use totally different file-sharing websites.

Seriously lecturers, choose ONE method for everyone and stick to it. I'm sick of checking three different systems to see if something has been uploaded. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I want to like webcourses, but just can't. Some of our lecturers use it, some use the older class-specific online forum, and some use totally different file-sharing websites.

Seriously lecturers, choose ONE method for everyone and stick to it. I'm sick of checking three different systems to see if something has been uploaded. :mad:

did you ask them to use a specific medium?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭overshoot

i think webcourses is on the way out. one of our lecturers is testing blackboard this year. though for the amount of use out course makes of any web device i cant really comment on if its any good

Same. Between webcourses, Webex and aplia (last year only) its a pain in the hole.

When we brought it up, the response we got was "you're all intelligent people, surely you can manage it"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Same. Between webcourses, Webex and aplia (last year only) its a pain in the hole.

When we brought it up, the response we got was "you're all intelligent people, surely you can manage it"
    I'm studying in DIT at the moment but I did a couple of years in TCD before and I was doing 6 subjects and had 6 different systems to deal with.

I'm studying in DIT at the moment but I did a couple of years in TCD before and I was doing 6 subjects and had 6 different systems to deal with.
    Yeah, but you know, trinity is shite. DIT should be held to a higher standard :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah, but you know, trinity is shite. DIT should be held to a higher standard :pac:
    Oh I know my point was six different systems in TCD but only three is needed for DIT. Its such a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

It bugs the sh1t out of me when there's a printer not working because of a paper jam and all you have to do is fix it as per the instructions on the LCD screen and they just stand there, like, ffs, not that difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 redcortina

This is my fifth year in Aungier street now, The computers in the library have always been slow, avoid them at all costs, i dont know how people sit their for 20 mins just to log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

To SU types following you on social networking sites to kick off their two-bit election campaigns; fack off yiz overeager weirdos. :mad:

You know who you are.

redcortina wrote: »
    This is my fifth year in Aungier street now, The computers in the library have always been slow, avoid them at all costs, i dont know how people sit their for 20 mins just to log in.
    In fairness some of the new ones this year ate just as fast as the labs. The old ones on the other hand... Dear god

Bucklesman wrote: »
    To SU types following you on social networking sites to kick off their two-bit election campaigns; fack off yiz overeager weirdos. :mad:

You know who you are.

It's quite obvious who your talking about in this post. We don't allow any kind of insults towards named college or SU Staff.

As thete was no name, there's no warning, but careful in the future

redcortina wrote: »
    I log in the walk off to get books that I want for study. When I get back its usually logged in. If I don't need any books I make sure to use computers in labs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Took 15 minutes for the computer I was to get to the Start-Up desk. I felt like punching something. I told the people at the library desk, will be interesting to see if they bothered get IS up fix it

I don't know if anyone else here has noticed the heat in DIT aungier street's lecture halls recently. If you were wondering its because the guy who knows how to change the heating is on two weeks holiday and the campus secretary is regularly absent

• Advertisement

Cathal brugha street still haven't given us a date for exam results. So annoying.

Also being told I'm not allowed to use my job for my work placement even thought its the exact type of place I'll be sent anyway. Bah.

Advertisement