Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Irritations - First World Problems

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Where to start.....

No sign of any exam results, ffs, I'm in my final year, it's stressful enough as it is.

Sh***y Canteen, absolute rip off, and the food is crap. Plus it's tiny.

Nowhere to do group work, that's a pain in the ass as a lot of my assignments are group based and meeting up in someone's house isn't really practical, because we all live far apart.

Lack of computers, and the ones that are the are either, slow, don't work or some f****r is on facebook.

Lecturers putting notes on the scratch drive, even though webcourses would do the job just fine, and I could access it from home.

/rant, I'm sure I'll think of loads more later :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

People pissing all over the toilet seats in Kevin St. Seriously lads, what the f*ck is that all about?
    Is it really that difficult to lift the toilet seat? or wipe your own piss if you're not clever enough to do that?
    Absolute scumbags.

Ah, that's better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

thecatspjs wrote: »
    People pissing all over the toilet seats in Kevin St. Seriously lads, what the f*ck is that all about?
    Is it really that difficult to lift the toilet seat? or wipe your own piss if you're not clever enough to do that?
    Absolute scumbags.

Ah, that's better

Try going to Bolton St. Toilets. You can barely stay in the toilets as they smell horrible. Not sure what the cleaning staff are being paid for, but its definetly not cleaning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Aghh! The one computer that will print for me won't allow me to log in and my laptop won't connect to the flipping Internet! I feel like punching everything

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

My stupid computer won't open my dit email tonight.
    Its opening every other site but timing out when ii try to get into the one I need.
    Stupid technology!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭overshoot

possibly stupid question but have you tried other browsers?... even the dreaded internet explorer:p. even try a proxy to get onto it... dunno how but sometimes that works

It managed to open,now the piece of audio i'm trying to translate is barely sounding like words to me.Dear god I can't understand northies in any language!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭overshoot

It managed to open,now the piece of audio i'm trying to translate is barely sounding like words to me.Dear god I can't understand northies in any language!
    would now be a good time to say then im from donegalwink.gif

overshoot wrote: »
    would now be a good time to say then im from donegalwink.gif

Meh as long as you aren't speaking Irish very quickly and asking me to write down the translation you're grand!

Though when I was in the Gaelteacht in Donegal there was a girl called Majella and it took me about 15 times of her saying her name to cop what she was on about.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

possibly stupid question but have you tried other browsers?... even the dreaded internet explorer:p. even try a proxy to get onto it... dunno how but sometimes that works

There'll be none of that on this forum.

Count yourself lucky I haven't banned you!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Last year in DIT Mountjoy square (Thank god)...the food in the canteen is awful, I've had food poisoning twice, not pleasant. The staff are rude apart from the girl in the shop. The library staff aren't in the slightest bit helpful and webcourses can be a nightmare at times. other than that, no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

I've been asked why people say DIT Mountjoy Square is the best DIT building but nobody ever knows why, at least I don't. Female to male ratio maybe? Small space?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭madcharlie

Woe .... starting as a mature student in September DT343 , .... can't believe library has not blocked Facebook ...... slightly backwards lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Apparently the library staff wanted to block facebook but were not allowed to by DIT (face-less?) management.

BTW Mounjoy Square campus is set to be the first to be moved to Grangegorman, the Summer after next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

all porters (except donal)
    just needs to be repeated again..

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭mrwhimwham

Got chips in the Cathal Brugha canteen one day that were still frozen (and the chef had the cheek to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about :p )

The students union smelling of day old farts accompanied with the rubbish that does be left in it.

It's also too hard now to bring the bog roll home in your bag as it's not in a roll any more! :(

mrwhimwham wrote: »
    It's also too hard now to bring the bog roll home in your bag as it's not in a roll any more! :(

Taking the toilet paper is NOT cool!!!!!

thecatspjs wrote: »
    Taking the toilet paper is NOT cool!!!!!

Here, us poor students do what we have to do to survive!!! Even if it means robbing an oul roll of bog roll every once in a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭kirving

No, it's people like yourself who have forced DIT to spend a lot of money changing every dispenser. Saying that you're a "poor student" is an F-ing terrible excuse. If you can afford to move out, you can afford a euro a week on toilet paper.

Or take it from a profit making company like McDonalds :p

I kid, I kid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Who uses the toilets in college anyway? any time I go near them, they're covered in berocca-orange piss. Wouldn't touch them for any money

No, it's people like yourself who have forced DIT to spend a lot of money changing every dispenser. Saying that you're a "poor student" is an F-ing terrible excuse. If you can afford to move out, you can afford a euro a week on toilet paper.

Here man, make sure you don't fall when getting off your high horse there will ya? It's called a joke! Ya know the generalisation of all students being stingy! :rolleyes:

Who uses the toilets in college anyway? any time I go near them, they're covered in berocca-orange piss. Wouldn't touch them for any money

The ones in Marlborough Street are usually grand in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ladysadie

Most people who live away from home in college can't afford to move out, but they don't have a choice in the matter.
    The best thing you could learn from college is too think before you talk

mrwhimwham wrote: »
    Here, us poor students do what we have to do to survive!!! Even if it means robbing an oul roll of bog roll every once in a while!

Although I know you're kidding; I do know some students in Kevin Street who take the toilet paper. They are taking it from other poor students however!!!
    And if they can afford to feed themselves, they can afford toilet paper. It's really not expensive if you're happy enough to use college quality sandpaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Oh, wow, this is getting a bit heated! I have to say I'm sorely going to miss the exercise I used get going in and out of cubicles to find one that wasn't full of toilet paper (use a bin if you dried your hands with TP ffs!)/not flushed/didn't have souvenirs on the seats.

Oh, wow, this is getting a bit heated! I have to say I'm sorely going to miss the exercise I used get going in and out of cubicles to find one that wasn't full of toilet paper (use a bin if you dried your hands with TP ffs!)/not flushed/didn't have souvenirs on the seats.

Haha! The hot topics of the greatest minds that DIT has to offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭jcon1913

2 lectures missed already since starting 1st year Business and Law - like they don't have 4 months off in the summer to organise their business.

Anyone else have lecturers just not turning up? Like randomly, no notice, no apology just like ''we're too important to come to work today.''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭user53

jcon1913 wrote: »
    2 lectures missed already since starting 1st year Business and Law - like they don't have 4 months off in the summer to organise their business.

Anyone else have lecturers just not turning up? Like randomly, no notice, no apology just like ''we're too important to come to work toady.''

Very rude of them to call you 'toady', would report that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭jcon1913

user53 wrote: »
    Very rude of them to call you 'toady', would report that.

Today turns out that they handed us the timetable for last year. But at least now we have this years timetable.

And not a toad in sight😄😄😄

Advertisement