Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&H Jizzlers Awards Ceremony 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Thanks for voting for me everybody.

Much love.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Joint second. Getting closer. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    See, I told you I was going to win all the awards.

I honestly don't know how I'm going to carry them all home (put them all in my signature without getting the SigPo on my áss)

You can borrow the trailer I brought for my awards. It appears that there may be some space available in it.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I'd write a speech, but I'll just say it simply.

Thank you, ye legends. When I lead my revolution, you shall all be granted positions of power.

-El Presidente!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Colm! wrote: »

Thank you, ye legends. When I lead my revolution, you shall all be granted positions of power.

-El Presidente!

First motion - to clean up the "likes" pages on Facebook!

-El Presidente!

You should make a youtube video acceptance speech...in between serving drinks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

If I've already handed out this award then it was intentional. I did not forget which awards I'd given out.

Now we have to recognise people for being bored enough to spend their time. We call it a Lifetime Achievement award but it is common knowledge that the award changes owners on an annual basis and that none of the winners have achieved a single lifetime in any Mario game, at least none of those on the NES. The people who were nominated for this award are important because they've wasted a lot of time here, most likely trying to improve the place without realising it is ultimately futile as the power of S-pam grows ever stronger.

Anyway here's placements for this achievement thing.

Lifetime Achievement award for services to C&H

5th - konata/brummytom/jefreywithonef/Aoibheann

4th - Iheartchemistry/The Great Chinholio

3rd - soccymonster

2nd - Pigwidgeon

This leads me to conclude that the Lifetime Achievement award for 2011 goes to
    Captain Graphite/KnifeWRENCH

Pc6S9.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/Pc6S9.jpg

Captain Graphite is a surprising choice this year, an unknown who has somehow climbed the political ladder in his short time here. He is not KnifeWRENCH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Woooo Congrats Everyone! :D

1323577_700b.jpg

Award for Most disturbing Rage Comic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Aoifey! wrote: »
    You should make a youtube video acceptance speech...in between serving drinks :p
    When I get home, I actually probably will do a proper acceptance speech. A few days late...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

-El Presidente!

Needs to be given from Youtube tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

How many awards are left? Me is gettin shleeeeepy.

How many awards are left? Me is gettin shleeeeepy.

Best jumpguy is all I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

So what'd I miss???

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

Aoifey! wrote: »
    Best jumpguy is all I can think of.

And best taste is music...aint that right Davidius :P

Best poster?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I simply cannot wait for best music taste. If something were to come along and ruin this for me, well, I just don't know what I'd do...

And best taste is music...aint that right Davidius :P

Best poster?

So 3 then? It could be more, I have the worse memory :p

Slow Show wrote: »
    I simply cannot wait for best music taste. If something were to come along and ruin this for me, well, I just don't know what I'd do...

Die, you would die! We would all die! The whole of humanity rests on that being announced! God, I'd hate that kinda pressure. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

All I can say for certain is that I did not forget to gather the results/make a sig for any of the awards. These events did not happen

>.>

<.<

After much dragging things out pointlessly and me not being slow at typing at all, we are coming toward the end of the awards.

Is it probably custom to leave Best Poster until last. As such I can offer to bump up the Best Award in this entire show. The award for Best jumpguy. To be a good jumpguy one must learn to control one's own demons and words similar to that. To be frank I don't think anybody can really say for sure what it is that makes a jumpguy. Obvious factors are determination, an optimistic/pessimistic outlook, a voice like Clint Eastwood, a blog like Dingosatemybaby and an avatar like jumpguy's.

The award in question has gone unrecognised in part because of how few are willing to recognise the popular vote. Everybody wants to be jumpguy, not everybody can. It's not jumpguys, it's jumpguy. Other times it's because people insist that the j must be capitalised to reflect its status as an award. But now we've all grown up or grown some balls, and finally there will be an official 2011 Best jumpguy award.

Here are the results for Best jumpguy:
    5th - QueenOfLeon

4th - jackobyte/insect overlord/Aoibheann/Dingosatemybaby

3rd - shannon_tek/eVeNtInE/Davidius

2nd - jumpguy

And so I reluctantly announce 2011's Best jumpguy, as decided by popular vote and loose thinking:

not jumpguy/Jumpy

PghpJ.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/PghpJ.jpg

Now I am not one to promote violence, but a perfectly just reaction here would be a Civil War.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Woo best newcomer!:p Thanks a mil guys:D:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I'm a bit bored, might go raid the bar read some Tolstoy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

kb6srs.jpg

@Davidius Don't make SlowShow cry.....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Yesss, me in a parallel universe tied with my arch-rival (and best friend in an alternate universe) for first! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Davidius wrote: »

Captain Graphite is a surprising choice this year, an unknown who has somehow climbed the political ladder in his short time here. He is not KnifeWRENCH.

Yeah but no-one else figured that out yet!
    Thanks everyone for voting for me. I was gonna abandon this place and never speak to any of you people ever again.....but I might reconsider now. :pac:

Oh and grand bit of hosting there, Davidius.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

And now a message from wikipedia C&H co-mod Aoibheann. She would like to whole-heartedly apologise for her absence at these awards tonight, but she was far too upset about not winning best mod, and is currently in hiding, biding her time until she returns when her shame has subsided.

>.>

Although she did actually send her apologies for her absence!

The 2nd last official reward is the one for people who are really good at hearing things with their mouths apparently. You people are a strange bunch and it does not surprise me that some of you have gained the power to taste the vibrations produced by instruments.

I have no idea how people manage to put up with the kind of music you listen to, I will offer the following substitute:

If that does not culture you then nothing will.

So here are the results for that award that nobody forgot existed at all. They are presented just as planned.

Best Taste in Moo-sick
    6th - decisions/agnostic mantis/Aoibheann

5th - bythewoods/conorstuff/namlub/ohthebaby/Jay P/jumpguy/cawcheen/knife WRENCH/soccymonster/pseudo famous

4th - jumpguy/duffy the vampire slayer/M&S*/deise_girl/cheesefiend/yourtexthere

3rd - insect overlord/jako8

2nd - jefreywithonef/Slow Show

So the person who knows how to hear things correctly must be

Colm?

jbXql.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/jbXql.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I'm a bit late :pac:

Grats to all the winners, reading through the thread apparently I'm one of the meanest bastards on C&H. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

It's ok Slow Show.. I'll help you get through this loss... <3

1020645648_95cc0fd5bf.jpg

Advertisement