Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Migrants hold candle-lit march

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭purplepanda

So apart from an odd person hidden in a lorry coming through Rosslare from Spain or France, how do they get into the country from outside the EU?

It's not as if there are direct flights from Dublin to other airports inside their countries of origin!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

So apart from an odd person hidden in a lorry coming through Rosslare from Spain or France, how do they get into the country from outside the EU?

It's not as if there are direct flights from Dublin to other airports inside their countries of origin!!!

Have you read post 16?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

gcgirl wrote: »
    I know for a fact if your an european citizen you have to work for 2 yrs in order to even claim dole, it's the same for an Irish person coming home after being away for several years, so nope you don't get free this free that
    I didn't say dole, I said welfare, in this case assistance from the welfare officer, which as far as I'm aware is paid out at the same level as the dole, similar to self employed people. Housing and the rest of it still stands, which is sound, but when you think about it, except maybe free legal aid, which is more of a problem with the staggering fees being charged by the gentlemens club that is the legal profession in Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭Belly_Dancer

most will fly into the UK, claim whatever they can there and then get a taxi/ferry to Dublin, walk into our immigration services and having mysteriously "lost" all their documentation claim their free board 'n lodgings.

Frequent trips will then be made between here & the UK in order to milk both systems for all they're worth. Having half a dozen sprogs will boost hand-outs enormously.
    Oh! and once you got your free housing you can invite all your mates & extended family to likewise rip-off both social welfare systems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

gcgirl wrote: »
    I know for a fact if your an european citizen you have to work for 2 yrs in order to even claim dole, it's the same for an Irish person coming home after being away for several years, so nope you don't get free this free that

You get free candles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Rabble rabble milking our welfare rabble rabble 60 bedroomed free houses Joe and 400 children rabble rabble heard it from my mates cousins uncles daughter in law rabble rabble.

all illegals should once apprehended be deported.
    a lien should be put on any monies held in bank accounts to defray the costs of deportation.

end of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

a lien should be put on any monies held in bank accounts to defray the costs of deportation.

end of.

Any more far right wing policies you'd like to see introduced?

end of.

UNDOCUMENTED MIGRANTS.
    Read up on it
    Try post 16

undocumented = illegal

so bye, bye!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

If 30,000 other people who shared nothing other than they'd be found guilty of having broken a specific Irish law and were still breaking it presently - let's say shoplifters or something - were to march through Dublin, I'd expect the police to be out asking for IDs and looking to perform arrests.
    So how come there were no arrests on this occasion?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

end of.

Would you apply the same rule to the many thousands of illegal Irish in the USA?

chucken1 wrote: »
    Ok. Do you know...I havent a clue? Maybe we are still seen as a friendly place?

well we need to alter this perception.
    they were not invited, & they are not welcome.
    we cannot afford them & we owe them nothing.

EGAR wrote: »
    Would you apply the same rule to the many thousands of illegal Irish in the USA?

as an Irish voter/citizen & taxpayer I would not presume to advise the US how to enforce their immigration laws.
    that is entirely a matter for them.

Absolutely. One should respect the law of the land one is in or go somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1217/migrants.html

An estimated 30.000?? How do they survive?

I've read the news, too, my first thought was that the peace-movement-candlelit-middle-classes are on it again.

My second thought was that, come Christmas, they are looking for a cause and with the main reasons which are exactly middle-class: Oh the poor people far away from home at this time of the year! :rolleyes:

Do they ever think that there are people who actually don't miss the bland turkey and the family rows?
    That there are actually people who have no Christmas in their culture?
    People who left their family to support them?

It's pure good-doing chistmassy hypocrisy.
    They wouldn't organise a protest, say, in March, wouldn't they?

Apart from that - how do the illegal residents survive? Ask the Irish black market. Ask yourself about survival instincts.
    Or, as an old German fairy tale goes: There is always somewhere something better than death.

well we need to alter this perception.
    they were not invited, & they are not welcome.
    we cannot afford them & we owe them nothing.

Thats delightful. Speak for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

most will fly into the UK, claim whatever they can there and then get a taxi/ferry to Dublin, walk into our immigration services and having mysteriously "lost" all their documentation claim their free board 'n lodgings.

Frequent trips will then be made between here & the UK in order to milk both systems for all they're worth. Having half a dozen sprogs will boost hand-outs enormously.
    Oh! and once you got your free housing you can invite all your mates & extended family to likewise rip-off both social welfare systems.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Clearly you have never had to deal with UK immigration agents as a non-EU citizen. :mad:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Clearly you have never had to deal with UK immigration agents as a non-EU citizen. :mad:

Probably never been through immigration..anywhere. ;)

If 30,000 other people who shared nothing other than they'd be found guilty of having broken a specific Irish law and were still breaking it presently - let's say shoplifters or something - were to march through Dublin, I'd expect the police to be out asking for IDs and looking to perform arrests.
    So how come there were no arrests on this occasion?

What law are they breaking?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

they're being illegal,

'hes being illegal'

Being in the country illegally, without a suitable visa to remain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

I would anyway. I too find it a tad strange that a group of people who are, in effect, breaking the law, organised a protest to not only highlight the fact that they were doing so, but to demand that the law be changed. You'd have to admire their chutzpah!!

Absolutely. One should respect the law of the land one is in or go somewhere else.

Respect in lets say....Libya????

Edit: Lets read this..again

http://www.mrci.ie/Undocumented-Migrants/

Respect in lets say....Libya????

Edit: Lets read this..again

http://www.mrci.ie/Undocumented-Migrants/

If a Libyan faces the threat of persecution at home, he or she can apply for asylum status. The fact that these people are undocumented suggests that they have either failed in that process or didn't even apply, so I don't think your comments hold water in this instance.

Einhard wrote: »
    If a Libyan faces the threat of persecution at home, he or she can apply for asylum status. The fact that these people are undocumented suggests that they have either failed in that process or didn't even apply, so I don't think your comments hold water in this instance.

Have you read the whole thread?

I gave a very sad example of ONE Asylum seeker.

Im giving up on this thread now,Ive put up what an undocumented Migrant is..Ive plead a case.

I wont let the narrow mindedness of this forum put me off.

Have you read the whole thread?

I gave a very sad example of ONE Asylum seeker.

Im giving up on this thread now,Ive put up what an undocumented Migrant is..Ive plead a case.

I wont let the narrow mindedness of this forum put me off.

Narrow minded? Could you explain that to me? I don't think that we should allow completely untrammelled immigration into this country. Is that now the definition of a narrow mind? I'm surprised you haven't accused people of racism and xenophobia by now, but I imagine it's only a matter of time...

Being in the country illegally, without a suitable visa to remain.

Again....What LAW?? are they breaking?

You show me?

None is the answer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

lets throw them out when all the Illegal Irish return from America.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Thats delightful. Speak for yourself.
    Illegal migrants are not welcome, migrants that claim welfare are not welcome. Migrants that work for their own bread and butter are welcome with open arms. Irelands economy is down the toilet, we cant afford to keep giving them money, for nothing.

Same goes for Irish citizens, people who have never worked a day in their god dam life(with exception of genuine disability) should be made do some sort of work.

Advertisement