Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One-Parent Family Payment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Ledger wrote: »
    You're right, it makes you look ignorant.....:pac:

Cant you just PM Mrstuffins, your nut hugging is making the rest of us uncomfortable. Please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Oddjob

Ms. Pingui wrote: »
    See this is the kind of crap single parents have to put up with all the time! People feel that they can be as rude and condesending to us as they like, it makes me so angry! :mad:

No, really, enlighten me. When did you find out he was a loser? After a month? 6 Months? a Year?

And if you didn't have the welfare gravy train to jump on, and you and the loser had to work to support your kid, would you still be in the same position?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Offy wrote: »
    I dont, I say defraud away if you can get away with it. In first year, many years ago, one of my teachers said "the difference between smart students and stupid students is that stupid students get caught". I agree.

Wow!!! Just wow!!!

No wonder Ireland is in the sh*t it's in! Incredible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Im rolling around the place laughing at this thread, its the best thread Ive read in years. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

fedor.2. wrote: »
    Cant you just PM Mrstuffins, your nut hugging is making the rest of us uncomfortable. Please.

If that helps you get off fair enough, but the main reason I got into this discussion is mainly that I love to show ignorant people for what they really are.

• Advertisement

Oddjob wrote: »
    No, really, enlighten me. When did you find out he was a loser? After a month? 6 Months? a Year?

And if you didn't have the welfare gravy train to jump on, and you and the loser had to work to support your kid, would you still be in the same position?

92 posts since 2005!! Id expect better with the amount of thought you put into each post

If that helps you get off fair enough, but the main reason I got into this discussion is mainly that I love to show ignorant people for what they really are.

So when are you going to do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Oddjob

92 posts since 2005!! Id expect better with the amount of thought you put into each post

I'm too busy working to support the numerous layabouts in this country.

So when are you going to do that?

In trying to be funny you pretty much just proved my point.

But you've achieved neither, you haven't got me off and you certainly haven't shown anyone up for what they are. Waste of a night really.

• Advertisement

Your welcome ;)

Indeed

But you've achieved neither, you haven't got me off and you certainly haven't shown anyone up for what they are. Waste of a night really.

No its not a waste, Im loving it.

No its not a waste, Im loving it.

After Hours rocks!

I'm too busy working to support the numerous layabouts in this country.

A likely story. Just came back from abroad id say, come back for the dole have ya? some neck

Well the fact that you seem to think that someone who knows what they're talking about when economics are involved should have been able to turn the economy around single handedly, is pretty much it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Pherekydes wrote: »
    What's this 'we' shíte?

I was born in 1960 and I never heard of any of this stuff until it came out in the '90s.

I understand it took a long time for such abuse to come to light. But has anyone ever been held accountable for such wrongdoings.

Why are people happy to live in a society with such divisions that those at the top in a position of power can commit such crimes/fraud without ever seeing any sort of accountabilty whereas the law only applies to those under them - the little man on the street.

For all you who are speculating SW fraud or indeed knowing of a case for fact and doing your taxpaying patriotic duty of highlighting the problem and therefore culling it - why are you not out on the streets protesting and demanding for accountibilty against the biggest theft and fraud that ever happened in the history of this state? Ie bankers and politicians were corrupt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

This thread has been done to death. Sad, sad, sad. I expect all this grassing up of single parents will end the recession, well done people.
    Im sute the government will thank you with lower taxes. After all its your money and Im sure they want to give it back to you.
    I always suspect its people that earn crappy wages that do the grassing, perhaps Im wrong?

Yeah, I think you're wrong. I don't earn crappy wages, but I do have a problem with people defrauding the state. And why wouldn't I, cause that is my tax money?!? But I think the single parents issue is way more complex than that. And I have a real problem with the amount of birth parents in this country who pay nothing (men mostly, but a few women). And what I feel is nothing against lone parents (who to be honest, I admire to bits), my issue is that if we had a rigorous system for pursuing the 'abandoning' parent, the country would be in a much better state. I believe every child needs 2 parents and that the current system doesn't give both their rights and reponsibilities equally.
    I don't agree with a child needing 2 parents, fair enough if both parents are stable but the first 13 yrs of a child's life is very important and if you have 1 unstable parent that will mentally screw you up for life unless you seek help, my ex's father screwed his son up, which resulted in our excuse of a relationship collapsing, which now I'm greatful for because it made me look at my life and make positive decisions and the kids are stable and know how to respect other people , I know I'm not the only person like that I would like to see how many Irish families that on the out side look rosy but on the inside it's terrible and full of physical and emotional abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ms. Pingui

MrStuffins wrote: »
    In fairness, I wouldn't try to push someone into dobbing somebody in for social welfare fraud as it's their decision.

BUT...... if someone knows people who are defrauding the state and don't report it, they waive their right to then go and complain when the budget comes around and the government raise income tax or cut spending in something that effects them.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't report social welfare fraud. However, I think people need to be absolutly sure thats its the case before reporting it. People who are in genuine need may get their allowance suspended while the case is under investigation. This coul cause a lot of damage.
    I think a lot of people jump to conclusions about people claiming all sorts. The majority the same people don't seem know much about the subject and often think people are getting an awful lot more than they are in reality.
    I still don't get how everyone seems to know so much about strangers private lives and finances? Unless they are stalking them or something? :confused:

ilovesleep wrote: »
    I understand it took a long time for such abuse to come to light. But has anyone ever been held accountable for such wrongdoings.

Why are people happy to live in society with such divisions that those at the top in a position of power can commit such crimes/fraud without ever seeing any sort of accountabilty whereas the law only applies to those under them - the little man on the street.

For all you who are speculating SW fraud or indeed knowing of a case for fact and doing your taxpaying patriotic duty of highlighting the problem and therefore culling it - why are you not out on the streets protesting and demanding for accountibilty against the biggest theft and fraud that ever happened in the history of this state?

Well, a lot of people are. You and others have this idea that people who are unhappy with SW fraud are happy with every other type of fraud.

This is not the case. It's just the case that this is a thread about a particular kind of SW fraud and that's wh it is the main focus of conversation.

I;m pretty sure if you read other threads you would see a lot of the same posters saying they are against the other wrongs taking place in Ireland.

Just because there are other wrongs going on, that doesn't mean we should turn a blind eye to those commiting fraud on this level.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I think you're wrong. I don't earn crappy wages
    Prove it, what do you earn and I'll tell you if its crap or not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

Im rolling around the place laughing at this thread, its the best thread Ive read in years. :D
    Report Social welfare fraud Phone 01 7043000
    Report Revenue fraud Phone 01 6474000
    It's very simple and the person or persons will be investigated.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ms. Pingui

It wasn't me who posted about the crappy father. I was just defending her because you were rude and it was unnecessary.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't report social welfare fraud. However, I think people need to be absolutly sure thats its the case before reporting it. People who are in genuine need may get their allowance suspended while the case is under investigation. This coul cause a lot of damage.

oh yes, I agree with this. People should definitely be sure. Reporting someone falsely would be terrible.
    I think a lot of people jump to conclusions about people claiming all sorts. The majority the same people don't seem know much about the subject and often think people are getting an awful lot more than they are in reality.
    I still don't get how everyone seems to know so much about strangers private lives and finances? Unless they are stalking them or something? :confused:

Well believe it or not, some people are very open about these things.

Well the fact that you seem to think that someone who knows what they're talking about when economics are involved should have been able to turn the economy around single handedly, is pretty much it.

He will only use you, mark my words, i know what im talking about

headmaster wrote: »
    Report Social welfare fraud Phone 01 7043000
    Report Revenue fraud Phone 01 6474000
    It's very simple and the person or persons will be investigated.

How much do these investigations cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

See this is the kind of crap single parents have to put up with all the time! People feel that they can be as rude and condesending to us as they like, it makes me so angry! :mad:

My friends husband through out their 15 yr marriage emotionally and physically abused her, then harassed her and the 5 kids out of the family home try asking her why she waited 15 yr to leave, I had it easier I only had to endure emotional abuse
    Your well classy mummy issues by any chance

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I know 2 people who claim this payment and the fathers are not around. Yet I know 14 people who claim it and have the partner living with them.
    Does this ratio meet other peoples observations?
    Im not saying it should be done away with as some people do need it, but I think it should be policed a bit better.

Are all these 14 people you plan on snitching on living the high life on their social welfare payment? Maybe some of them are just barely making ends meet and are bending the rules to put more food on the table, or pay bills they would otherwise have difficulty paying.

I'm not condoning welfare fraud, but it wouldn't make me half as indignant as many. Life isn't always as black and white as some people may imagine.

I know a few people who claim whilst living with a partner and none of them have a flash car, or take foreign holidays or buy designer clothes - far from it.

I certainly wouldn't spend my time worrying about the few extra quid they get enough to warrant snitching them up...but that's just me.

He will only use you, mark my words, i know what im talking about

Who says it won't be the other way round. ;)

• Advertisement

How much do these investigations cost?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement