Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One-Parent Family Payment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Offy wrote: »
    The point I was trying to make is that you cant see the light of day.

You're going around in circles here but not actually making any point at all. You are making veiled points without actually putting your cards on the table.

What i've been trying to do is get you to verify what exactly you were trying to say without jumping to the worst conclusion, which would've been easy to do. But it seems you don't want to make yourself clear. That's your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Im not one to snitch but there is 4 done so far. Link here for anyone who wants to be a snitch with me.

I don't see how it's being a "snitch". We're not in primary school and frankly if everyone did it we wouldn't have this problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

MrStuffins wrote: »
    The point I was trying to make is that you cant see the light of day.

You're going around in circles here but not actually making any point at all. You are making veiled points without actually putting your cards on the table.

What i've been trying to do is get you to verify what exactly you were trying to say without jumping to the worst conclusion, which would've been easy to do. But it seems you don't want to make yourself clear. That's your choice.
    Why do you dislike lone parents so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Sitec wrote: »
    I don't see how it's being a "snitch". We're not in primary school and frankly if everyone did it we wouldn't have this problem.

Ya we'd all be in prison

This is possibly true. If all social welfare fraud was eradicated we'd have more money in the coffers, we could cut spending massively in this area which would have knock on effects on further budgets, concerning the likes of income tax, VAT and other types of taxes.

Thats utter rubbish, the government would take it in a different way.

• Advertisement

fedor.2. wrote: »
    What have you got against single parents though. Be honest, whats the problem?

Nothing. Nothing at all. Where have I indicated i've something against single parents? You're getting very very sensitive here.

Also, you seem to be an economic expert here. Mind clearing up your "post of the year" from earlier? You're denying that eradication of social welfare fraud would lead to lack of spending in Social Welfare......... is this correct?

I'm not sure if it's scarier that you failed to understand simple budgetry procedure in your retort or the fact that others agreed with it.

PS: I don't teach Economics but I am qualified to lecture Economics if that helps you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

I reported someone about a year ago, claiming loan parents but living with her partner. He earns in excess of a grand a week and has property in dublin too.

They run up gas n esb bills then go to their cwo to get whatever they can. Its sickening to see the way they are abusing the system.

Had no problem reporting them at all. I agree not everyone is a fraud but there are plenty to give all lone parents a bad name.

A LOT of people would do this. It has reletively minimal effects on the future of the child when compared to the benefits for the parent who looks to do such a thing in order to manipulate the state. If you don't believe people do this, then I can assure you you're wrong.
    What about the politicians that manipulate the state, or the bankers, or the property developers? Why dont you have a go at them rather than picking on the poor?

Why do you dislike lone parents so much?

Where have I said I dislike lone parents? Could you indocate to me where I have either said this or eluded to this.
    Thats utter rubbish, the government would take it in a different way.

Not the point I was making. The point I was making was that eradicating Social Welfare fraud would reduce spending in Social Welfare. You seem to disagree with this, may I ask why? it's a simple concept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

I think there is a lot of talk from the current minister for social devastation(thanks david Norris for that one) about fraud and particular OPFA, which seems to justify for all the right wingers that wrongly stereotypes OPFA as young, uneducated and sitting on their ass getting every possible allowance know to man,and opening our legs to every known man along with it, 4*4 anyone , like Handy Sandy off bloody republic of telly, when it's simply not true, average age is 37 and we are educated And also compared to other European country's who have fantastic childcare facilities which allow a lot of people to go back retrain/college/work we have nothing in Ireland unless your willing to pay excessive prices, my older bro is in France and he is pretty much sorted childcare wise + lack of any job creation in this country, just seen Sean Sherlock on pt tonight, if we want more money in coffers we need people back working but they are doing zero

• Advertisement

What about the politicians that manipulate the state, or the bankers, or the property developers? Why dont you have a go at them rather than picking on the poor?

I have had a go at them. This isn't a thread about bankers, it's a thread about welfare fraud.

Having a go at bankers would be off topic.

also, I havent had a go at people on Social Welfare, I simply said people engaging in Social Welfare fraud are commiting fraud, what's the problem with that?

Mind clearing up your "post of the year" from earlier?

fedor didnt say that, I did, try reading it again.
    PS: I don't teach Economics but I am qualified to lecture Economics if that helps you.

Im afraid it doesnt.

Nothing. Nothing at all. Where have I indicated i've something against single parents? You're getting very very sensitive here.

Also, you seem to be an economic expert here. Mind clearing up your "post of the year" from earlier? You're denying that eradication of social welfare fraud would lead to lack of spending in Social Welfare......... is this correct?

I'm not sure if it's scarier that you failed to understand simple budgetry procedure in your retort or the fact that others agreed with it.

This is why the country is in the state it is, you should have known what was coming down the line economically but you did nothing. You were too busy spying on lone parents

I have had a go at them. This isn't a thread about bankers, it's a thread about welfare fraud.

Having a go at bankers would be off topic.

also, I havent had a go at people on Social Welfare, I simply said people engaging in Social Welfare fraud are commiting fraud, what's the problem with that?

Its old and boring. We are sick to death of this thread, like I said it been done to death.

This is why the country is in the state it is, you should have known what was coming down the line economically but you did nothing. You were too busy spying on lone parents

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

This pisses me off so much. I'm a genuine lone parent my son's father pays nothing towards him doesnt want to see him cos he is a sh1tebag:mad: The amount of people I've heard of living with their partners and claiming OPFP. They are the ones who give genuine folk a bad name. There is never any house checks done just a letter every 6 months or so to say you are still entitled to it.

fedor didnt say that, I did, try reading it again.

The post you were quoting was a reply to Fedor, try reading it again.
    Im afraid it doesnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

How would a lecturer change how the banks ran their business and how developers borrowed? Get back in your box.

Well at least your funny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ms. Pingui

Owryan wrote: »
    I reported someone about a year ago, claiming loan parents but living with her partner. He earns in excess of a grand a week and has property in dublin too.

They run up gas n esb bills then go to their cwo to get whatever they can. Its sickening to see the way they are abusing the system.

Had no problem reporting them at all. I agree not everyone is a fraud but there are plenty to give all lone parents a bad name.

How do you know who's claiming what though? I would barely know what people in my own close family are earning/ claiming, let alone complete strangers!

• Advertisement

What are you on about now? I am not an Economist, nor a Govt. minister or even work in Economics.

I'll ask again, do you deny that eradicating Social Welfare fraud would cut spending in Social Welfare? It's a simple question but you seem to keep dodging it.

Ledger wrote: »
    How would a lecturer change how the banks ran their business and how developers borrowed? Get back in your box.

My box:confused: eh.....ok

Ms. Pingui wrote: »
    How do you know who's claiming what though? I would barely know what people in my own close family are earning/ claiming, let alone complete strangers!

Is that because you mind your own business?

What are you on about now? I am not an Economist, nor a Govt. minister or even work in Economics.

I'll ask again, do you deny that eradicating Social Welfare fraud would cut spending in Social Welfare? It's a simple question but you seem to keep dodging it.

The answer is NO.

Well at least you're funny :)

I can also spell.

Now, if you're like to get back to the topic at hand please? i've no idea why you think I have anything against lone parents. I do not. I have something against those who are defrauding the state though.

Never said you were or did

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

My box:confused: eh.....ok

As usual you ignore the important part of the post. Ok so, why didn't you do something about the way things went?

The answer is NO.

Again, I wasn't talking to you but since I asked you earlier and you didn't answer i'll ask you this time.

So, you think that the Social eradicating all of the payments they need to make to those defrauding the state, Social Welfare spending wouldn't come down?

May I ask you to explain how you think this works?

I can also spell.

Now, if you're like to get back to the topic at hand please? i've no idea why you think I have anything against lone parents. I do not. I have something against those who are defrauding the state though.

Then pick a thread that doesnt have a title of "One-Parent Family Payment" to post in, that might help! Theres loads of fraud going on but this thread is titled "One-Parent Family Payment" NOT social welfare fraud.

• Advertisement

Ledger wrote: »
    As usual you ignore the important part of the post. Ok so, why didn't you do something about the way things went?

Why, how did things go?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement