Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Half-Life: Alyx (formerly: Half Life 3 is coming??)

• 02-12-2011 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

As seen worn by a Valve employee! So we should get it by what, 2015?

7mxh6r.jpg

Should bumping this thread without concrete news be a bannable offence? 48 votes

Yes
    0%
    Absolutely
    100%
    Venom_CreeD_sixpack's little hatAgent SmithKilOit[Deleted User]CinargfullerZithvictor8600bravTerrorFirmermuppetkillerIshmaelK.O.Kiki[Deleted User]Riesen_MealGreyfoxzzxxBeerWolf 48 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Didn't crew on terminator wear "not on T2" tshirts? Looks like a crappy iron on fake TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I don't see the point of this thread, Half Life 3 has been coming longer than Ron Jeremy at this stage.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Episodic gaming. It's the way of the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

mewso wrote: »
    Episodic gaming. It's the way of the future.

Shorter development times I hear.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Shorter development times I hear.

:D good 'un

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Doctor_Socks

Don't toy with my emotions like that OP!! It's never coming :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,777 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Can't wait for SIN episode 2 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Don't toy with my emotions like that OP!! It's never coming :(

Course it is! It's been confirmed that Gordon will be voiced by Nolan North and you will be able to enter into a 3rd person cover mode when pressed up against an object.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I heard it will have multiplayer too

when will developers stop ruining games with unwanted and unneccesary multiplayer options

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

when will developers stop ruining games with unwanted and unneccesary multiplayer options

When they stop tacking on pointless, check all the boxes, single player campaigns to multiplayer games ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

The crowbar will be available as DLC upon release.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Kernel wrote: »
    The crowbar will be available as DLC upon release.

BRILLIANT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I heard the PC version will just be a console port and is poorly optimised.

Campaign will be between 2 - 3 hours long

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭chiloutus

Gordon's glasses will come as pre-order bonus, those who don't pre-order will have to play through the game with everything blurry and low res :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Absolutely
    chiloutus wrote: »
    Gordon's glasses will come as pre-order bonus, those who don't pre-order will have to play through the game with everything blurry and low res :pac:
    Isnt that just the console version :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Don't forget hats!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭chiloutus

Isnt that just the console version :pac:

Oh I should've seen that coming :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

HL1 and HL2 both had multiplayer at release, why would this be an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Half Life 3 is coming??

Yeah, and so is Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Yeah, and so is Christmas

I think that would make more since if it wasn't less than a month to Christmas...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

We all know Half Life 3 is coming. Valve won't be missing that money train :P

But its a joke at this point. Half Life 2 came out in October 2004. Sure the last game, episode 2, came out in October 2007.

4 years and no new game? .. not even Episode 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

a4261.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Its gordon freeman!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I only recently replayed Half Life 2 and then did the episodes which I had not bothered with before. I've been terribly excited for HL3 ever since. Dammit Valve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

A third instalment how many lives has this freeman got, was under the illusion all them year ago he had just half a life remainz..

>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

*see thread title*

*gets hopes up*

*reads thread*

*is disappointed* :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,296 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

He's been busy on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

It's weird that it's been over seven years since HL2 and even weirder how long since EP2. As much as I enjoyed those games, I'm now at the stage where I'm totally indifferent to Gordon Freeman's story. Sorry Valve, but I've moved on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

It's weird that it's been over seven years since HL2 and even weirder how long since EP2. As much as I enjoyed those games, I'm now at the stage where I'm totally indifferent to Gordon Freeman's story. Sorry Valve, but I've moved on.

I'm in danger of feeling the same. There's simply no excuse for how long its taken at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I think valve out itself in very very ****y position here.

They took sooo long, that game engine is really outdated at this stage. Making new engine for old game will feel out of place.

They really shot themselfs in a foot.

I am really tempted to try out cinematic mode for hl2. My pc should be good enough for it now.

Advertisement