Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Rougies wrote: »
    You may have
    falling_snow_trees.gif
    in the west

but we will have
    dublinsnowbus.jpg
    in Dublin :p

EPIC! :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Loving the snow here alright, just took this pic.
    I'm up in Tallaght.
    South-Pole.jpg

*COUGH*49shouldn'tbeonO'ConnellStreet*COUGH*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭naughto

at least we dont have this plank

0.jpg

that was so funny last yr.ok thats prob enough of the pics unless it real snow

Turns out your man's from Cork. Dublin's still deadly. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

CianRyan wrote: »
    Loving the snow here alright, just took this pic.
    I'm up in Tallaght.
    South-Pole.jpg

*COUGH*49shouldn'tbeonO'ConnellStreet*COUGH*

*COUGH*Penguins do not live in the Northern Hemisphere*COUGH*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭only one

Has piers released his video about winter? It was ment to be released today. Were 80% sure he was ment to release it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,702 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Su Campu wrote: »

It will be interesting to see if it weakens significantly in two or three weeks time. If not some people maybe revising their winter forecasts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

naughto wrote: »
    at least we dont have this plank

0.jpg

that was so funny last yr.ok thats prob enough of the pics unless it real snow

Great outdoors in Dublin have a huge poster blown up of this to advertise their ice cleats etc this year :D
    I wonder if he got royalties ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

It will be interesting to see if it weakens significantly in two or three weeks time. If not some people maybe revising their winter forecasts
    Some? i'd say most :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Is it possible it could get stronger and they would have to revise their winter forecasts for a very different reason? ;)

• Advertisement

*COUGH*Penguins do not live in the Northern Hemisphere*COUGH*

They're from the zoo. :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

only one wrote: »
    Has p

Yeah, the photos were funny...but no need to wet yourself! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

You folks are in great form even as the prospect of any cold before Christmas vanishes into the Polar Vortex :(

(whatever that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Celtic Snow Man

Piers has updated his website since yesterday but what does it mean for us normal folk??????????

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Wild Bill wrote: »
    You folks are in great form even as the prospect of any cold before Christmas vanishes into the Polar Vortex :(

(whatever that is)

Just bear in mind that last year was a freak! What was almost equally freaky is that we did not get even a flake of snow (here in Dublin anyway) in January or February this year.

We had pretty cold and snowy periods the two previous winters to last but not a sniff of snow before the New Year (or New Years Eve to be precise in the case of 2009/2010 :)).

It's only the last day of Autumn today - Winter starts tomorrow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭esposito

Couldn't have said it better myself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭vtec_vixen

europesnow120.3c5b.jpg]

Hmm looks like something for East Ireland on Monday, Not sure how accurate this is and dont have anything else to substantiate it but one can hope :):):D

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

Piers has updated his website since yesterday but what does it mean for us normal folk??????????
    His update if you would call it that tells us nout new hes a true con man he never said anything about any new date for his so called big freeze

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭only one

mcriot29 wrote: »
    His update if you would call it that tells us nout new hes a true con man he never said anything about any new date for his so called big freeze
    Anyone got a link to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭garyha

only one wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to it?

http://twitpic.com/7lvmid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Shag all to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Piers Corbyn is asking people to buy his amended winter forecast following his woefully poor original forecast. I have no doubt that people will pay for it in their droves and thus continue the lifespan of this chancer. His press announcement yesterday featured all the things he said he predicted correctly so far.

Anyway, December 2011 still looking cold, mild, cold, mild, cold, mild. Reminds me of the weather we used to get around February every year here in the west. Heavy wintry showers one day and milder the next and then back to a cold west/nw flow.

I find it all to understand at the best of times and Piers new update does not make me any wiser.

Waat do you make of this forecast?

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/14days.asp

Are they credible?

Mark Vogan says we are in for a big change around the 15th.

I find it all to understand at the best of times and Piers new update does not make me any wiser.

Waat do you make of this forecast?

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/14days.asp

Are they credible?

Mark Vogan says we are in for a big change around the 15th.

Well the forecast they gave for tonight and tomorrow looks about the same as what the Met Office have given so I wouldn't imagine they are any less credible in the sense that they are all singing from the same hymn sheet.
    :cool:

Lets hope that they are. Im strung out for snow at this stage!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

vtec_vixen wrote: »
    europesnow120.3c5b.jpg]

Hmm looks like something for East Ireland on Monday, Not sure how accurate this is and dont have anything else to substantiate it but one can hope :):):D

The 500 is the kicker here , I think that is snow at 500 feet line .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Meters i'd say.

Hmm oh so just at an altitude of 500 feet??. Well that's depressing, You'd know I haven't a clue about weather charts lol
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

That chart represents the freezing level (i.e. 0 °C isotherm), in meters, not the snow line, which would be lower, as snow can fall in temperatures above 0 °C. What is a more relevant chart is the wet-bulb zero level, which is the level where the wet-bulb temperature is zero. This would roughly be the snow line, but other factors also need to be accounted for.

11120500_3000.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Thanks for explanation Su. Always mistook that freezing level for snowline. Good to know.

I guess I can rule out my previous interpretation below?
    4334915101_8769ab9388.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement