Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Derfil wrote: »
    My sister was telling me today she heard a psycho ( mabe Piers? ha ) on the radio predict a major weather related event which will kill large numbers in Ireland and the UK towards the end of next spring. Anyone else hear any such rubbish?

FYP :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Well if you were out in the hail here right now u wud be hurt ! Unreal. Serious gusts during this last shower.

My sister was telling me today she heard a psychic ( mabe Piers? ha ) on the radio predict a major weather related event which will kill large numbers in Ireland and the UK towards the end of next spring. Anyone else hear any such rubbish?

kill large numbers of what, exactly?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

weatherl.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mrweatherman

ha what radio staion was that:p

• Advertisement

has any one seen metchecks forecast for dublin the 2nd week of decemeber stating heavy snow and nearly 2weeks of cold and snow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Conor30

My sister was telling me today she heard a psychic ( mabe Piers? ha ) on the radio predict a major weather related event which will kill large numbers in Ireland and the UK towards the end of next spring. Anyone else hear any such rubbish?

I can't think of any weather-related event that could kill large numbers of people, except for a severe hurricane with ensuing flooding and/or loads of tornadoes. Both are extremely rare in Ireland & the UK, needless to say!

Maybe she meant it could be something like a tsunami? Such an event is not weather-related though, strictly speaking!

DominoDub wrote: »
    weatherl.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What's the significance of that supposed to be??

where has irishweatheronline gone folks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

It's a bit far out to be 100% accurate, yet, but yes it looks increasingly likely that the killer April drizzle will wreak havock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

secrecy_ie wrote: »
    Is it sticking?

After being spoiled the last 2 winters with proper 'movie' snow showers, frozen lakes, sustained snow cover, powdery snow, freezing fog, magical Narnia landscapes - the whole Winter works.
    I can't go back to our usual winters of this crrap ^^^
    I just can't. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Conor30 wrote: »
    What's the significance of that supposed to be??

Just a Cold Front & Hot Chick :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

What is ?

Quote what you are talking about or back it up with some information/charts .

Hey! Don't shoot the messanger :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

All these charts are seriously confusing me. What are our chances of a White Christmas in Cork? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

Colibri wrote: »
    All these charts are seriously confusing me. What are our chances of a White Christmas in Cork? :)

Not good. The charts say it will only go as far south as Mallow (and will be about 8 feet there). But it's to be 23 degrees and wet in Cork City.:D

Zero.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Wild Bill wrote: »
    Hey! Don't shoot the messanger :cool:

I still dont know what you were talking about , you comment was making a reference to something but there was not a quote or anything thats what i meant , wasnt having ago .

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Drakmord

Cork city is strangely warm. I live in Noth East Cork and we always noticed a temperature increase whenever we went to the city. We've had snow many times here where it has fallen as rain in Cork City.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

4-1 in dublin for white christmas

I still dont know what you were talking about , you comment was making a reference to something but there was not a quote or anything thats what i meant , wasnt having ago .

I was talking about the AO chart directly (more or less) above my post.

It looked grim from the cold December pov.

So I've have had to downgrade my expectations :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

jimmy.d wrote: »
    4-1 in dublin for white christmas

Keep your money! There will be no white Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kn2k10

Sleet and intermittent snow fell in Navan Co. Meath today.

Sleet: at 13:00

Intermittent Snow: at 17:00 - 20:00

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

hotwhiskey wrote: »

Cute-baby-boy-crying-hard-photos.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭davidsr20

hotwhiskey wrote: »

Ah us in the west alway get lucky :) Dublin never :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭naughto

u may have images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRUZn08hhWFu1qIeCuOpOAbKJhaYGZxV-WQqN3IX9_2MiCKlOJin dublin

but we will have falling_snow_trees.gif in the west

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

kn2k10 wrote: »
    Sleet and intermittent snow fell in Navan Co. Meath today.

Sleet: at 13:00

Intermittent Snow: at 17:00 - 20:00
    Really? Never noticed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Despite claims earlier in the year that 'the gulf stream was dead' etc, it seems to still be going strong!!! Greens and yellows continue to endlessly bubble up from the southwest, pushing away the beautiful blues! :(

gfs-1-384.png?12

Conor30 wrote: »
    Despite claims earlier in the year that 'the gulf stream was dead' etc, it seems to still be going strong!!! Greens and yellows continue to endlessly bubble up from the southwest, pushing away the beautiful blues! :(

gfs-1-384.png?12

I'd rather it be mild here though than -1112 that it is in Russia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Rougies

naughto wrote: »
    u may have images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRUZn08hhWFu1qIeCuOpOAbKJhaYGZxV-WQqN3IX9_2MiCKlOJin dublin

but we will have falling_snow_trees.gif in the west

You may have
    falling_snow_trees.gif
    in the west

but we will have
    dublinsnowbus.jpg
    in Dublin :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement