Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one card 'spread' thread.

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Oh go on then, a card for me please. :D
    Hi bookworm. As I was shuffling your cards this one fell out, so this is what I'll use for you. It is the Queen of Swords. This queen is shown as quite a stern figure, someone who has very fixed ideas and high standards. This person does not display emotion easily and may come across as cold. Rather than describing you, I feel this card relates to someone in your life that you have to deal with on a day to day basis. Someone from whom you feel pressure to match their level of perfectionism. This person is superior to you in some way, which is why you feel obliged to follow their standards. The message of the card is to remind you not to view this person too negatively, and to understand that most of their attitude is simply an outer shell; they are not all that cold beneath the surface.

annie06 wrote: »
    I would love one too!
    You got a lovely card (its nice to get away from all the swords!) the Ten of Pentacles. This card is a card which shows contentment and harmony in the areas of home and family. It is such a positive card, which shows you at the moment in a situation of security and prosperity. Your family around you have a strong and loyal bond, and this card is a very good omen for your future. The work you are doing right now in putting down roots and creating a safe and solid life for yourself will have positive effects for a long time to come. You are shown as a caring person who finds happiness in doing good things for other people, you find that this is its own reward, it makes you happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Melodi

38.jpg

Thank you for the lovely reading Oryx, my skills are more with Oracular cards than Tarot and the deck I've worked with the longest is the Psy Card Deck

I may be the Hermit, but your card (today anyway) is Liberation, which is a young couple escaping prison on horse back. Even when escaping prison, they choose the less well-used path over the bridge, determined to meet life in their own way and on their own terms.

This suggest you are a person who makes their own pathway in life and refuses to be trapped by the world's usual demands and expectations. A sense of freedom and wonder are important to you, as is breaking of old bonds if you feel they no longer suit your current needs.

The one thing you need to be most careful of is mistaking all forms of human traditions (or roles) as form of bondage, rather it is important to see them as a mask that may sometimes be appropriate and useful to you in your physical and even spiritual life.

Likewise if you are careful in your relationships, like the couple on the card you may find life easier if you find a one or two others to walk your alternative pathways along with you.

Overall a very good card, a free spirit and one who won't let anything keep them down for long!

Thanks for that Melodi, I can take a lot from that card. They look like a very nice set.

Feel free if you want, to choose a card for anyone else who asks here, if the mood takes you. I leave it open to anyone to contribute, not just me :)

honey79 wrote: »
    Me too please :)
    Ok, for some reason, the Hermit came up TWICE for you. :p You can read a little about it just above. It is a card which calls for quiet reflection on circumstances, and the need to take time out for yourself. But as before, I chose another for you, so you get something unique. The card for you is Wheel of Fortune. This card augurs a sudden change of fortune. News you have been waiting on will finally come. Whether you initially see this as a good or a bad thing is irrelevant, this change is necessary and will bring you to a new stage in your life. Remember that no matter what happens in the 'wheel' of your life, that you, at the centre of it, remain unchanged, outer influences dont damage who you are at your core. And you have some good solid women around you in your life, dont forget you can rely on them.

• Advertisement

lets go
    Lets go indeed. You got a really romantic card. :p The Ten of Cups. The card shows two lovers with hands entwined, and it symbolises a state of permanence and ongoing contentment in a relationship. Having been through all kinds of ups and downs in life and love, this card shows you at a point when things are doing pretty good. I do get the impression that life was tough going for a bit, very busy and pressurised, which took its toll, but that is over now, this card is like a sigh of relief. You can relax, and just be happy. Enjoy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

ImARebel wrote: »
    Your card is the Tower. This is shown as tower on a rock being struck by lightening, while surrounded by turbulent seas. Another one of the more dramatic tarot cards. Tarot represents the path of life, and this card, like some of the other major arcana, is about challenging times, and coping with change. The crumbling tower represents aspects of your life that are coming to an end, and as with the death card, this is not something you can control, it is something that will happen and that you must deal with. More often these changes are internal, something about you must be let go. This can be hard to do, but the card is telling you that you will have to adapt your self image, how you see yourself and live your life, because the way things are now can not go on. You have no choice, these changes are happening whether you resist them or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Daidy2011

Oryx I would appreciate a one card - thank you.

Daidy2011 wrote: »
    Oryx I would appreciate a one card - thank you.
    Hi Daidy. Yet again, a card repeated here, you wouldnt think they would repeat as much. :) You first got the Moon, but your second card would be at odds with this. The moon denotes confusion and uncertainty, but The Nine of Pentacles is a card which is entirely positive, it describes you as a person who has earned the right to feel kinda pleased with themselves. (I feel that the moon card may relate to a situation involving another person, a woman, that you are aware of at the moment, someone struggling with a difficulty).

The Nine of Pentacles shows that you have worked hard in the past and put up with some sacrifices in order to get where you are now. Even though not everyone may know the extent of how hard you worked, you do, and you are proud of yourself. You are someone who does not need to hear praise from others in order to feel valued. Also, your tastes are not extravagant, but you know what you like, and you take pleasure from small things like a really good glass of wine or similar, things that do not necessarily cost a lot. The card is a positive one to remind you of these qualities about yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Can I have a card please Oryx? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

I'd really like a card too please Oryx

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jackanackanory

Hi Oryx, could I please also trouble you for a single card reading?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I'd love one too, if you get a chance.

Will catch up with these haven't forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭fichillie

Me too please, when you have the time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

Could I please have one too? Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gmurray

Oh I would love one too if you have time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I'd be grateful if you have time.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Melodi

Hi gang, I was really busy last week, but this week I'll try to pick a few of you at random and do cards, I probably can't do everyone, but I'll be happy to chime in as I can.

Melodi in the Midlands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Hardi1

Hi Id really appreciate it if u can. please & thank u.

Can I have a card please Oryx? Thanks :)
    Hi RC. Finally getting a chance to pull some more cards. :) Hopefully Melodi and I will make a good tag team :) The one that came out for you is the Seven of Wands. Wands deal with the adventure of our lifes journey, and our use of creativity and imagination in our lives. In this card, you are shown as someone who has made great progress in getting where you want to be, you seem to have great strength of purpose and you are sticking with your ambitions. However, at the moment it seems that external influences are getting in your way. Mainly, other people with their own agendas are creating a barrier against you. This is deliberate on their part and comes from envy of how well you are doing. Your only way to battle this is simply to use your abilities so that what you create is very, very good. The card tells you to keep pushing forwards.

Piper101 wrote: »
    I'd really like a card too please Oryx
    You got such a lovely card, The World. It is a card of peace and wholeness. It shows that in your life, both with a partner and in your day to day living, you are content. I get a sense with you that you can worry about things going wrong, but in getting this card you are being told not to, that all is well. Accept good fortune in your life and enjoy it and don't worry about whether it might end or not. All is good and as it should be right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 pants20

ME TOO!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Caroline K

Ooh yes please Oryx - I've never had a tarot card before and I hope it'll be my first of many!

Hi Oryx, could I please also trouble you for a single card reading?
    Your card is The Star, which came to hand reversed. This card illustrates the story of Pandoras box, a kneeling female figure before an open box from which moths and darkness (the spites) emerge, but her eyes are fixed on a glowing angel of hope in the distance. The message of this card is that in the midst of problems, we always have hope.
    For you, I feel that this card is a reminder not to depend solely on wishing and the hope that things will change. Changes in your life will not happen by chance, in your case you need to make them happen. Make a phone call you have been putting off. Talk to the right people. You need to take action and deal with an issue you have avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Can i also get 1 please? i would really appreicate it!

I'd love one too, if you get a chance.
    You got the Emperor, reversed, and in this case I'm going to read this card as it stands rather than pull another. We have had the Emperor before. He is a regal man seated on a throne, with the world in one hand, and lightening bolts in the other. For you, the Emperor is showing how steadfast in your beliefs you are, these beliefs give you strength, they also give you a kind of power. But sometimes the need to always be strong and sure, does weigh you down. You can sometimes feel your responsibilities are heavy. Nevertheless you are very sure of who you are, and would not change your life. You are being reminded with this card not to become too rigid, or serious about your goals in life. It can be counterproductive.

This thread has suddenly become busy but I will get through them in order just might take a little time. :)

• Advertisement

fichillie wrote: »
    Me too please, when you have the time :D
    Your card is the King of Pentacles. Another regal man seated on a throne, holding a golden coin. Behind him is a beautiful castle, where servants wait. This is a card concerned with material things.

What this card is telling you, is not to overachieve at the expense of your quality of life. You do not need to have the biggest, the best. If you are contemplating spending a lot of money or taking a leap into a new venture soon, this card is asking you to be cautious.

Advertisement