Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one card 'spread' thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jackanackanory

Oryx wrote: »
    Your card is The Star, which came to hand reversed. This card illustrates the story of Pandoras box, a kneeling female figure before an open box from which moths and darkness (the spites) emerge, but her eyes are fixed on a glowing angel of hope in the distance. The message of this card is that in the midst of problems, we always have hope.
    For you, I feel that this card is a reminder not to depend solely on wishing and the hope that things will change. Changes in your life will not happen by chance, in your case you need to make them happen. Make a phone call you have been putting off. Talk to the right people. You need to take action and deal with an issue you have avoided.

Thanks so much Oryx

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

ChloeElla wrote: »
    Could I please have one too? Thank you :)
    The card for you is the Six of Pentacles. This card is about generosity and sharing. I get the impression you are someone who does not like to borrow, but that you are facing a situation where you could ask someone close to you for help in a financial matter but you are holding back. The message is that it is ok to do this, and because of your nature to also be generous you will repay the favour. The other person knows this and will be happy to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dmc0731

may i have a card please???

gmurray wrote: »
    Oh I would love one too if you have time :)
    Morning. Hopefully Ill get to do a few more of these today. The card that jumped from the pack (really!) for you was the Page of Wands. As mentioned before, the Wands are concerned with our imagination and creativity, and that instinctive spark that drives us in our lives. Here, the Page is depicted as a young boy who rides a golden ram over green fields, while holding a flaming torch.

For you, the Page seems to indicate an inner need to return to something you did before. This is not something you have admitted openly, its still an idea or wish in your head. It may still come to nothing, and is more about you being unsettled right now, rather than an actual wish to change. This means you should not rush into any decisions, allow a proper plan to form before doing anything rash. It does show a renewed drive within you though, and that is a very useful thing. You will use it to tackle an issue you are having currently with another person who has been hard to handle and intimidating up to now.

Thoie wrote: »
    I'd be grateful if you have time.
    Time is limited, so apologies if replies are brief, but hopefully you get something from this.

Your card is the Ten of Swords. In this deck the Swords cards can look quite dramatic, here you have three snake headed furies being held back by a ring of swords, while the a goddess guards a crouched figure on the ground. In the background, the sun rises.

The ten card is a card showing a final conclusion to a difficult time. An issue which has caused many raised voices, is coming to an end. At this stage all involved are worn down by it, but it is over, leaving a slight feeling of dissatisfaction at the outcome. I feel your involvement may have been as a kind of mediator, given that you have a steady head not given to fits of temper even when others kick off. You are shown as protecting a younger man/boy, and you worry about this person a lot. But the sun rises in the card, indicating more postive times to come.

This feels like a specific situation, and I hope I have understood it accurately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 braidman

Reading please if possible,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Time is limited, so apologies if replies are brief, but hopefully you get something from this.

I appreciate it, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭stepdoyle

Hi, i often use my set of tarots to answer a question using the one card too. The book that accompanied my set has a brief "meaning" for each card so sometimes unless its obvious some cards dont make sense to me. I've searched online and found numerous different meanings for the same card so was wondering what you used yourself when learing the meanings?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 daffidol

At least I seem to be turning some different cards today. :)

You got The Moon. It came to my hand reversed (upside down) and while I dont normally note that when using these particular cards I think it is interesting in this case. The Moon is a card of confusion and uncertainty, and this is made moreso by the reversal. It gives a sense of you being 'in the dark'. So it would describe a situation for you where you are not quite sure where to turn or where to even begin gathering facts to make a decision on a situation you face. This is not because of anything you have done, but because changes are happening fast around you, leaving you feeling lost and confused. You are being told by this card to simply sit tight and wait. Nothing is to be gained by worrying or stressing, just keep a clear head and keep doing as you are doing re work and life. Things will become easier to sort with time.

I kept getting a sense of an upcoming wedding with this card too. :)

thanks so much for the card it describes excatly what im going tru at the moment. as for the wedding my brother is getting married in newyear

stepdoyle wrote: »
    Hi, i often use my set of tarots to answer a question using the one card too. The book that accompanied my set has a brief "meaning" for each card so sometimes unless its obvious some cards dont make sense to me. I've searched online and found numerous different meanings for the same card so was wondering what you used yourself when learing the meanings?
    The cards I use are the mythic tarot. Each has a complex story based on the Greek myths. The book with the cards tells the story, then gives a brief divinatory meaning for the card, based on its story. I tend to use the meanings quite loosely, personalising them based on what details in the picture seem prominent, and how those details add to or alter the meaning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭stepdoyle

Cheers, just noticing a couple of posts above that in my book the Ten of Swords is "the worst card in the deck"! notes disaster lol. for a one card answer i just use it as a definite no to the question i asked!

stepdoyle wrote: »
    Cheers, just noticing a couple of posts above that in my book the Ten of Swords is "the worst card in the deck"! notes disaster lol. for a one card answer i just use it as a definite no to the question i asked!
    I never read any card with total negativity. Life isnt like that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,056 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I'm not usually in here but would like to give it a go, please!

I will be getting to a few more later, work is getting in the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Thank you so much for the card and your interpretation - it makes so much sense to me. :D

hi, its only 6 days since you read a card for me, but i have something very very important on tomorrow and if you wouldnt mind could you read one for me again?

if its not too soon? thanks

Hardi1 wrote: »
    Hi Id really appreciate it if u can. please & thank u.
    Sorry its taken so long to get around to this. :) The card that came out for you is the Four of Wands. In this card a central figure stands proudly, while surrounded by admirers. In the sea behind him, a ship awaits.

This card has a positive message: you have done well. You can celebrate what you have achieved by your hard work. You are being told to take a break and enjoy some time with your friends, because soon, you begin a new set of challenges. I feel you may be contemplating travelling for work reasons, this card would highlight that as a good idea.

pants20 wrote: »
    ME TOO!
    Your card is one of the more well known tarot cards, the Lovers. This card shows a young man with three women before him, a warrior, a queen, and a sensual beauty. While this card can be about love, its main theme is about having to make choices, and the consequences of those decisions.

For you, this card does seem to be about affairs of the heart, and you choosing which is more important, friendship or the pursuit of love. Be careful not to neglect your friends when a partner comes along. You can tend to let your heart rule your head, meaning that you can sometimes lose sight of other important things in your life. You have your heart set on someone special at the moment, but play it cool and give the situation time, don't overwhelm this person.

Caroline K wrote: »
    Ooh yes please Oryx - I've never had a tarot card before and I hope it'll be my first of many!
    Well romance is in the air tonight. Following on from the Lovers above, the card you get is the Three of Cups. The Cups are the cards that deal with the flow of emotion in our lives. The Three depicts a bride waiting by a calm, sea while her suitor approaches. Three mermaids offer cups of Golden liquid to the couple.

The three is a card showing initial completion of something. It is positive and celebratory. In your case this seems to mean the early stages of a love affair, that point where its blissful and you're not quite sure where its going to go, there is still so much to know. (This card can also show the birth of a child or a marriage) You, seem to be holding back in this situation and not taking a risk with your heart 'just in case'. Don't let yourself be influenced by negative opinions. Enjoy this happy time.

messrs wrote: »
    Can i also get 1 please? i would really appreicate it!
    This was another time that I had a card drop from the pack, and this is the one I will read for you. It is the Five of Swords. In it, a crowned angel holding five swords points sternly at a figure seated on the ground. It is a card about accepting our limits.

With this card, you are being warned about becoming involved in a situation that you are not really qualified to deal with. You are being asked not to let your pride convince you you can deal with it, because there are things going on that you don't know enough about. It tells you, gently, to back away and let others handle things.

• Advertisement

dmc0731 wrote: »
    may i have a card please???
    Your card is Justice. The pale figure of Justice is seated between two white columns, holding a sword and a scales. An owl sits on her shoulder.
    This card is all about clear thinking and balance.

You are shown in it as someone who does not show emotion easily. You like to be logical and calm. But sometimes that logic can be a bit of a prison, if you never let the real, passionate you out. Don't be afraid to do that. You are also carrying some heavy emotional burdens to do with your family. Its time to put them down.

bubblypop wrote: »
    hi, its only 6 days since you read a card for me, but i have something very very important on tomorrow and if you wouldnt mind could you read one for me again?

I'm trying to be fair and get through them in order. I will do the next few in the morning. If its not in time I hope all goes well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nono2011

Oryx cud I get one please? curiousity is getting the better of me :P

No rush :)

braidman wrote: »
    Reading please if possible,thanks
    I'm sorry it has taken so long to get back to this, I had a busy few days where I couldn't get the space to do the cards.

Braidman, you got the Moon, which has come up before and in spite of shuffling your cards a second time it came up again so I guess its the one for you! :) As mentioned before, this is a card of confusion and 'not knowing'. It describes a person who is currently struggling within themselves to find meaning and structure. It shows you as someone with a deep affinity with animals and a love of the solitude of open spaces. You would rather be out on your own on a windswept walk than in a crowded pub. :) This kind of peace is what you should be looking for right now. Seek out your own space away from the fuss of other people. Let it clear your head. You also seem to be good with your hands and to have intense concentration. This is another way you can actually relax. Don't worry about the bigger picture, focus on the smaller issues you have to deal with right now and you will find bigger things will work themselves out in their own time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Hardi1

Hi Oryx, Thanks so much for my reading. Appreciate ur time. :)

looksee wrote: »
    I'm not usually in here but would like to give it a go, please!
    Your card is the Four of Cups. As described before, Cups are the cards that deal with our feelings. The Four is the card that is concerned with some uneasy feelings surrounding a relationship. Although everything about it is just fine, you can't help but feel discontented in some way, and it may be something you can't even put your finger on. I always see this card as a 'gossip' card and it may be that someone has said something to prompt this uneasy feeling. Your only way to tackle this is to bring it out into the open, talk to the person or people concerned about your feelings in order to ease your mind. To sit and fester on it is the worst thing you could do.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,056 ✭✭✭✭looksee

That's - spooky! :) Thanks

bubblypop wrote: »

I know you wanted this sooner, I'm Sorry I couldn't get to it till now.

The last time you got the Emperor and one of the queens. This time your card is the Empress. This is a beautiful card showing a woman in a flowing dress walking through a field of wheat. It is a card of fruitfulness and growth. Coupled with your other cards, this card indicates a phase in your life where you are changing from who you were to a new aspect of your life. Priorities are shifting. Family life and nurturing are strongly shown. You are moving towards a deeper more permanent stage in a relationship, though things are a little way off yet. These are the days that are setting your course for your life. You are being asked not to try and rush anything as that will not work. Go with the natural flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

The card for you is the Six of Pentacles. This card is about generosity and sharing. I get the impression you are someone who does not like to borrow, but that you are facing a situation where you could ask someone close to you for help in a financial matter but you are holding back. The message is that it is ok to do this, and because of your nature to also be generous you will repay the favour. The other person knows this and will be happy to help.

Thank you so much for this reading - I really appreciate it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 braidman

Thanks Oryx for the reading,much appreciated

Advertisement