Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one card 'spread' thread.

• 23-11-2011 10:27am
    Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭

Just for something different to the usual run of phone number requests in this forum, anyone who replies here will have one card pulled from a tarot deck for them, and an interpretation of it given.

Any readers out there can join in with interpretations too, if they want.

One small rule: One card only per poster, and leave at least a few days between requests. Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

ok! go for it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shellydrum

Me too :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

ok! go for it:D
    And what a card to start with. :p

You got the Death card. But it actually does not signify a death at all. It is a card that indicates that a situation in your life is coming to an end. You may not want this change to happen, but it is inevitable, and not something you can prevent. It is also necessary. In order to move on to new things, you have to let go of the old first. This will actually lead to greater freedom for you, and you will look back on this time with a sense of relief that it happened.

shellydrum wrote: »
    Me too :)
    You got a card from the minor arcana, the Page of Pentacles. This card is about the potential within you to begin a new path in your life related to your work and career. Nothing is set in stone about it at the moment, but you have an idea in your head about what you would like to do and this card is about beginning to plan for that. It reminds you to plan carefully, and to start to gather around you the finances and resources you will need to progress with this idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mishca

Me too please :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Me next plz

mishca wrote: »
    Me too please :-)
    Your card is the emperor. This is a strong male card, showing someone in control of their world and who is a decision maker. This card shows that you have a need for this type of strength in your life, and that you want to establish your place in the world, both in terms of your career and your home. You can tend to get tangled up at times, things have gone wrong, this you feel is slowing down your progress towards security and the life you want. But remember that being strong is not everything. Try not to be too rigid in your approach to how you organise your life, trying to organise things too much can stifle progress. In the decisions you make, remember to be a little flexible at times.

scrubber72 wrote: »
    Me next plz
    Another minor arcana card here, the card for you is the Two Of Swords. The sword cards are concerned with our beliefs and principles, and quite often, our conflicts. The two of swords indicates a situation in your life at the moment where things are tense, there is a problem but it is at stalemate right now because of a refusal to face up to the issue. Rather than deal with the difficulty, you would rather not listen, or hear about it. It seems you are caught in the middle of this, with others involved moreso.
    Rather than refusing to deal with it, this card is reminding you that the only way to conquer a problem is to face up to it. Things cannot and will not remain as they are anyway.

me too please, me too please!!

bubblypop wrote: »
    me too please, me too please!!
    The first card that I turned for you was the emperor, which has already come up here. In your case, this card seems to indicate being stuck in a familiar groove. You have a set pattern to your life, and an ordered way of doing things. So because this card came up before, I took a second one (just to keep things interesting). The second card was the queen of cups. This card would indicate that you are beginning to discover a new aspect to yourself, a breaking away from the set pattern seen in the emperor card. This aspect is the sensual, female part of you, the card is a sign that you will be delving into the more emotional and passionate sides of yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭gillad

me too plz

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭river1

me too . many thank in advance. ta

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭hilloftara

me too please and thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭oceanman

ill take one too, thanks

gillad wrote: »
    me too plz
    Your card is the Page of Cups. The suit of Cups is concerned with feelings and emotion and the Page indicates a new beginning. It indicates with you the renewed capacity to love following on from a difficult time. So a very positive card showing a new phase in a relationship. Next spring is shown as a very good time for you in the areas of love and relationships.

river1 wrote: »
    me too . many thank in advance. ta
    For you, the King of Wands came up. (Lots of royalty and emperors today.. Must be a boards thing :) ) The card shows you as a successful, capable person, with a quick mind and trust in yourself. You have achieved things in your life, and you are shown to have good leadership skills, you can motivate others. If they have not done so already, these abilities show you will advance in your career as these strengths have not gone unnoticed by those around you. Possible travel to the west coast of the states is also shown.

hilloftara wrote: »
    me too please and thanks
    Funnily enough, when I was shuffling the cards for you I imagined a very happy person, yet the card you got is quite somber. Yours is the Seven of Swords. As mentioned earlier the swords concern our mind and beliefs and often involve conflict. The Seven is telling you to handle a current situation carefully. Don't show all your cards. You may need to do things behind someones back in order to be tactful and have things go your way. It may seem a little dishonest but sometimes using guile is better than being too upfront and causing more hassle. And a lot of this current problem was not of your making anyway, you seem to have just been caught up in it.
    You have the ability to be 'quietly tough' and thats what you need to use now.

oceanman wrote: »
    ill take one too, thanks
    And for you we got the Eight of Pentacles. This card shows a man in an established career, good at what he does and successful. You seem to have a good ability to do work that involves thinking and figuring things out. However this card is an eight, and this means things can change. It shows that you are currently attempting to change and learn a new skill or adapt a hobby into a profession. This feels like it is more by choice than necessity. It shows an exciting time of enthusiasm in this new area but returns you to an area of training when you thought you were done with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭river1

Thanks for that ... will let you know if i ever travel stateside!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sunflower1200

Id love one too, thanks a million

• Advertisement

Id love one too, thanks a million
    Well, considering there are 78 cards in the tarot deck, its funny that cards are being repeated here. Your initial card was the death card, as mentioned above. So as before when a card repeats here, I chose another one for you, while still bearing in mind the first one that came up. The second card that I turned for you is the Knight of Swords. Simliar to the Death card, which is about unavoidable changes, but not necessarily negative ones (pregnancy can be represented by the death card), this card is about sudden change. Something that is turning your life upside down. The card shows an unsettled quality which is causing either you or someone around you to act out of character and without concern for the effect of their actions. This may have been caused by boredom, or just a strong need for something new. Your challenge is to see the postives in this, and to use this upheaval to give you a new lease of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Melodi

Wow, this looks like fun, I do a "card of the day" for the world but very seldom for an individual, please go ahead and read one for me when you get time, I can then pull an Oracle or Psy Card for you if you like.

Melodi in the Midlands...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 daffidol

Can i have a card please

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bookworm192398

Oh go on then, a card for me please. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 annie06

I would love one too!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭honey79

Me too please :)

Gah left my bag.. And cards.. At work. Will catch up tomorrow!

Melodi wrote: »
    Wow, this looks like fun, I do a "card of the day" for the world but very seldom for an individual, please go ahead and read one for me when you get time, I can then pull an Oracle or Psy Card for you if you like.

Melodi in the Midlands...
    Well, Melodi, no doubt youre more familiar with tarot than I am, but here is my take on your card, which is The Hermit.

In this case, the Hermit reminds you not to be affected negatively by the voices and opinions of others and to stay true to your own soul. You already know the path you are on, but external influences sometimes cloud your decision making and make you doubt yourself. Stay connected to your deeper self, your inner voice, keep giving yourself the personal time which you already take for yourself, its good for you. You have a very good person in your life who is close to you, and would defend you and be your ally, but even with them, differences have arisen, and this is something you need to work around while still maintaining your close bond.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭karl tyrrell

lets go

• Advertisement

daffidol wrote: »
    Can i have a card please
    At least I seem to be turning some different cards today. :)

You got The Moon. It came to my hand reversed (upside down) and while I dont normally note that when using these particular cards I think it is interesting in this case. The Moon is a card of confusion and uncertainty, and this is made moreso by the reversal. It gives a sense of you being 'in the dark'. So it would describe a situation for you where you are not quite sure where to turn or where to even begin gathering facts to make a decision on a situation you face. This is not because of anything you have done, but because changes are happening fast around you, leaving you feeling lost and confused. You are being told by this card to simply sit tight and wait. Nothing is to be gained by worrying or stressing, just keep a clear head and keep doing as you are doing re work and life. Things will become easier to sort with time.

I kept getting a sense of an upcoming wedding with this card too. :)

Advertisement