Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking forward to...

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Fishie wrote: »
    I'm feeling really positive about 2011! For me 2010 had its ups and downs, but I think that this year is going to be great. I'm looking forward to:

- Starting my new job next week (though it is a bit scary as well) - my first step into a real career-type job, rather than working in a shop or doing an internship
    - Getting my foot in the door of radio/podcasting - this one is a work in progress!
    - Visiting my boyfriend in either Kenya or Namibia, depending on where he is at the time
    - Hopefully visiting some of my other emigrated friends, who are living in Aberdeen, Geneva and Milan
    - Friends visiting me in London - can never get enough of this! One friend was booking flights tonight :)
    - Keeping a diary! Finding my ones from when I was younger was brilliant, I'm determined to get back into this habit for my future entertainment
    - Considering C25K - I've been reading the positive comments about it by Rainbow Kirby and The Morrigan, I have good running shoes and there are many parks in London - I just need to get over feeling silly! :o

I stayed in the new job for six months, but was approached to do a different one. Much as it pained me to leave the Museum, because I loved working there, I enjoy my new job too and it pays better, I get to travel and it's full-time rather than two days a week so I finally quit retail.

The radio thing has gone out the window a bit, I've just been so busy!

I went to Namibia twice, in March and October :) He invited me to Kenya for Christmas, but I decided to stick with Ireland in case its our last full family Christmas (my brother is getting married in June and may want to spend future Christmases with his wife's family, I don't know)

I got to Aberdeen in August, a plan to visit Geneva in June fell through and I've lost touch a bit with the friend in Milan.

My boyfriend came to stay a few times, once for a week and a half; one friend came for the royal wedding weekend; another stayed with me just before my birthday; a few have visited and stayed with other people, but I've still got to spend the weekends with them.

The diary keeping has gone surprisingly well, I finished one diary in June and am on a second volume, I have already bought a pretty notebook for my third one.

The running hasn't really gone anywhere :o I did buy a bike during the summer though, so I've been doing a bit of cycling

Things that I didn't expect from this year:
    - We moved to a nicer flat
    - I didn't expect the new job either, but I'm delighted with it
    - Travelling! I've been to the States and Norway for work, and going to Poland this week
    - My brother is engaged, getting married in June
    - I went to a friend's wedding in August, and another is now engaged
    - My grandfather died :(

Blush, next month you should set up one of these threads for 2012, it's really interesting to look back on this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Novella wrote: »
    After the crapness of 2010 study-wise, I'm hoping to go back to college in 2011 and just enjoy myself. Do a course I love, work hard. I'm feeling really motivated 'cause after being out of education for a while, I miss it so much and I know I'll be ready this year to give it my best shot. :)

Other than that, I'm really just hoping that 2011 will be a happy year. I'll do whatever I can to make it that way!

I am back in college and I absolutely love it. :D As for the working hard? That's going well too. It's not even a drag 'cause I like what I'm doing so much. Yeah, it's great.

Happiest I have ever been, without a doubt. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Pythia wrote: »
    For 2011:

I'm looking forward to going on holiday to Vegas, New York, Libya.

Hopefully passing the first lot of my actuarial exams.

Another year with boyfy!

Went to Vegas, going to NYC in a month. Didn't see the whole Libya war thing coming when I wrote this, that was cancelled!

Passed the exams too and still with boyfriend!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Looking forward to finally being able to move back out of the family home. I plan on moving in January or February, and to be honest, I can't wait.

Hoping for a better running year than this year too, was never able to string more than 3-4 weeks of solid consistent training together this year without something happening which would interfere with it.

Also hoping to not be single for the entire year again :eek:

Well the first one happened, but it was late July before I moved.

The second one... I literally could not have asked for a worse running year. I've had so many long absences this year that it always feels like I'm coming back from something and never making any actual progress.

The third one... yup, still single. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Didn't post on this thread last year but just going to say a few things how 2011 went for me. The first half of 2010 was a great year for me the second half of it wasn't so great. My confidence was quiet low but managed to perk it up by 2011 and has been fairly good the past few months. Very much been an up and down year but the positives have surpassed the negatives.

New babies joining the extended family which was probably one of the most positive thing that happened to me all year long with having the craic and good friends still had the odd bad day and tough day. I have become a stronger person though since. Hopefully 2012 will be a better year my goals and dreams will become a reality!

My aim for 2011 was to:

1. Get back learning to drive which I did and making very good progress with it so hopefully by 2012 might do the driving test! Hopefully pass it! It be one major hurdle off my list! To improve in my driving was one goal I wanted to achieve and thank goodness I have reached that goal just a matter of brushing things up a bit and keep on practising and hopefully pass the test in the New Year!

2. Find a job, haven't found one yet. Only improvements is that there are more jobs in my field and that I have had a good number of interviews and didn't expect to get some of them. Delighted that I got them and got on fine with them but didn't get a job out of them unfortunately. Have a few interviews lined up so hopefully I might be successful before 2012 if not just have to keep on searching. Tried applying for unpaid internships haven't been very successful so going abroad or doing further study might be next on the agenda!

3. Do a short course. Did do a short course briefly in the new year but was of no use to me. Hope to maybe do a night course or distance course before the year is out or by 2012.

4. Leave home, didn't happen might yet!

5. Go to Australia, didn't happen might happen yet but might consider moving to the UK or Canada instead.

6. Very minor but to find a nice lad (didn't really happen!) :( Not expecting a boyfriend or relationship but just to meet a nice lad hopefully by 2012 I might not be single....watch this space.

7. Spend more time with friends and family, very much did happen good and bad idea but has made my relationships stronger. I know who to trust. Very fond of all the kids I am an Auntie too which brings me great joy when I see them and spend time with them. A couple of things were unexpected though!

Roll on 2012! Hope be a good year for all of us!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

2010 was awful- my 1 year old nephew got meningitis, I suffered with depression, my OH suffered with a heart disorder, my dog died and I left my old job to go to a new one where I am being bullied by some of the staff and miserable all the time.

2011 will be better:

Going to get a new job!!!

Going on holidays (once with my gran, once with my OH and again with him and his parents)

Going to lose weight and get back to running

Going to meet up with old friends a lot more

Moving in with the OH :)

Great idea to look back at these!

Well I've now got an new amazing lil puppy in my life, my nephew is officially clear of all illnesses and is now back on track, I beat depression thanks to my friends and amazing boyfriend and I left that job where I was being bullied and their business went belly up 3 months after I left!

-didn't get a new job but have started the process of beginning my own business with the OH doing something that I love and am so passionate about. I've never been happier :)

- Went on 2 amazing holidays :)

-lost weight and go running 5 days a week with my dog now :)

-Got in contact with a lot of old friends and we meet up regularly now :)

- Didn't get to move in with the OH because we didn't have the money after I went out of work. But now we've some amazing plans for 2012 :) It'll be a good year for us :)

So for a year that started off really badly, everything couldn't have worked out better. I'm the happiest now a days than I've been in years :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I didn't post here last year as for some reason I never really checked tLL out much but anyhoo, I'm here now!

2010 started out ok but ended up being a pretty **** year for me- by summer time the gloss was well and truly wearing off my initially-awesome job, I began to feel stagnant and isolated. A cousin ended her life in August and in September my brother died suddenly. In November I was dumped by the guy I'd been with for the past few months, only to discover he'd been cheating on me. I crashed my car in December and that's not to mention numerous other smaller frustrations. I spent New Year's Eve in a ball of frustrated, choked, frothing, burning anger. I felt like my family was falling apart, some friends had let me down when I needed them the most, a guy who I though was fantastic humiliated me and I was trapped in a job I'd come to hate.

That night, I swore if nothing else, I'd spend no longer than 6 more months in the job, even if it meant emigration. I also decided to stop hiding my anger for the sake of the feelings of people who didn't deserve my consideration. Different, radical but necessary New Year's resolutions.

Fast forward by almost a year: Our family seems to be getting back on track- we always killed each other even before Colm died but it had just gotten out of hand with all the extra emotion and upset. We're not perfect now and never will be, but we're all trying to be a bit more considerate of each other and look after each other.

I started a new job on July 8th, 8 days over my 6 month deadline, but I've never been good with deadlines anyway :pac: I'm loving it there so far, and feel it's given me a new lease of life.

Regarding the two girls who I felt let me down- I told them how I felt and we got it all out in the open. One of them has been back to her fantastic self and I don't know what I'd do without her. The other, not so much but she's still better than she was and I guess I've just come to realize that she has different priorities than I do, and now it doesn't upset me that much any more.

I didn't even give men a second thought at the beginning of this year, I had so much other shoite going on. It's been mostly quiet on that front, but I did meet a nice guy the other week and we were out for a drink a few days ago, so who knows where that might end up?!

I'm in a much happier place than I was this time last year and I'm so optimistic for 2012, I really do believe it's going to be a fantastic one! Fingers crossed :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I never posted here last year, but looking back then to now is like black and white.

This time last year I found out my contract was not being extended, and remember talking to someone about a possible dream job and how cool it would be to get it.

I got that job, love it, and then got promoted, and still love it, hate the hours, but absolutely love what I do, the friends I've made, the colleagues I've met via the likes of linkedin, how I've gotten more involved in my industry and how to influence it.

I've made some great friends, learned a lot about myself and really developed a huge amount of self confidence.

On the down side, I've not yet learned to balance work with home, and work too much, I lost my beloved father whom I never got to take to that rugby match as he was alway too ill, but as a result I'm now far closer to my family.

On the whole, it's been a year of learning and personal growth, I might sound like a mad american shrink, but I'm a far better person than I was this time last year.

Over the next year I'm hoping to build my relationship with my family, learning to be less critical, and building a team in work, and hopefully progressing with my masters.

OH! And taking some holidays and having some great times on holiday with my OH, my idea of an ideal holiday is a cruise with lots of books and no taking care of anything :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I wasn't really a big boards user this time last year or even at the beginning of this year so I didn't post in this thread but I think it's a brilliant idea.

At the beginning of 2011 I was out of work and extremely worried at the prospect of being out of work for a long time. It only lasted 3 months though and when I found the job I am in now I was really happy but I absolutely hate it now. I can't afford not to work though so I'm stuck until things pick up.

I've now been living with my boyfriend over a year and it's going really well. We're really happy and I feel like we're closer than ever. It's our anniversary on Tuesday actually. This year has been a brilliant year for our relationship. I've never been this happy.

Unfortunately, this year we said goodbye to my boyfriend's dad. The 3 of us were very close, we lived together and it has been very hard on us. It hit us like a grenade. We're gradually getting better, it'll take time but we're starting to cope better.

This year was supposed to be a healthier year for me and it was supposed to be the year I finally got my figure back the way I want it and even though I have dedicated myself to the gym and to my healthy diet I haven't made any progress with losing weight. I'm going to keep going and hopefully this time next year I will have made some progress. I am 25 next June (OMFG!!) and I would really like to be in good shape by then and get my health back on track.

My boyfriend finally opened up his business. Things are going really well so far so fingers crossed for a successful year next year.

For next year I have only 4 wishes, that I manage to lose this extra 3 stone clinging onto me, that my family (my boyfriend and our dogs) are happy and content, that my boyfriend is successful and that I find a new job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Great idea to look back at these!

Awh cheers! Just thought it might be insightful to see how things (hopes/dreams/ambitions) actually worked out for people. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Great thread, must've missed it the first time around!

At the start of 2011 I was getting pretty frustrated with work, due to the cutbacks everyone was a bit on edge and the atmosphere was stressful. Then in January I was temporarily moved to an art gallery to cover maternity leave and it's been a great experience! They would like to keep me on along with the other girl, but may not be able to due to budget so 2012 is a bit uncertain on that front... either way I will still have a job, just not necessarily there :)

In April I passed my third year exams, getting stuck into final year now so next year I am well and truly looking forward to being finished with education!

We finally got the mortgage on our house this summer, and at Hallowe'en got engaged :D What a year.

Plan for next year is to hopefully find out where I stand with my job, get an honours grade in my degree, lose some weight before wedding dress shopping and hopefully have as good a year as this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

2011 has been a year of adjustment for me really. Adjusting to life abroad, adjusting to my work environment, new social life, new dating experiences, new living arrangements.

I still don't think I'm there, but I guess on the face of it, it's been a successful year. I worked my t1ts off at work and advanced quite a bit, had some really privileged experiences and also learned a hell of a lot about Canada, media, work politics and myself in the process.

Summer 2011 was the highlight, it's what I'll remember this year for. It kicked off with one of the best weeks of my life in NYC with my best friend, then drifted along with long, warm evenings, nights out, new boys and butterflies, BBQs, midday strolls in the blistering heat, day trips to Toronto Island, chaotic and exciting days at work, drunken heart-to-hearts with my former flatmate and an amazing trip home in August. After five months of snow and struggle, I felt like things just lifted and everything fell into place. I think it was the best summer of my life.

I also moved into a place of my own this year, first time living alone, another adjustment really, I both love it and loathe it. I love the freedom and comfort but can get a little lazy and insular, so I think I'll aim to make 2012 a more social year. My friends over here are amazing and I don't know if we'll all necessarily all be together in the same place for much longer. So I really want to make the most of them.

I think 2012 will be a year of change and more new starts and it's slightly terrifying really. My visa runs out in August and I feel in my heart of hearts that despite the adventure of it all, two years in Canada is enough. I don't feel as though the adventure is over though. The Dream in NYC, but who knows. I could end up anywhere in the world. It's a bit exciting too I guess!

Some more 2012 goals:

Read more. I have a backlog of books to get through and keep forgetting how much reading grounds and centres me.

Write more. I say this every year. I don't even know what it means. Only that everything else I do in my career feels a bit like a distraction to the main event, the thing I've wanted to do since before I could talk and the truest form of expression I have. Maybe it means freelancing, maybe it means blogging, maybe it means retreating to the Amazonian rain forest with nothing but a notepad and pen for six months...! I just want to be brave enough to try.

Be more open in my love life, quit the cynicism and give one of these eejits a chance!

Run the Toronto marathon in May. Let's see what comes of this...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Must have missed this thread last year too-its really interesting to read peoples hopes for the year and how it turned out for everyone :)

Last year I was graduating college and leaving the job I was in for the past four years to move to a bigger company. It was a hard choice, motivated by money, and although I loved it there the company has now crashed, leaving all former staff unemployed so looking back I am so glad I made the choice to leave and am very happy in my new job.

Im looking forward to 2012: I plan on staying with the job but maybe trying to push myself a little bit more to get experience in other areas while Im here. Im hoping to start a diploma course in February. I also hope to visit my friend in Korea in the summer if I have any spare cash.
    Its going to be a frugal 2012-its the first ever time I will have student loan but I think it's going to be a good iea to keep myself motivated career-wise. Hopefully it will benefit me in the future. My boyfriend who Ive lived with for the past 3.5 years is also going to be moving out for three months in January to move down the country to complete his apprenticeship. Itll be the longest I've spent without him in over 4 years, even though I'll hopefully see him most weekends, and the first time I will have ever lived alone. Kinda dreading that start to 2012 but on the bright side, looking forward to many cosy nights in and chats with the girls over bottles of wine undisturbed :D every cloud.

Cant believe how fast the years are flying in-lets make the most of 2012!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I missed this one last year too!

This time last year, I was beginning fertility treatment after 18 months of no success. I was incredibly scared - not of the treatment really, but how expensive it would be - IVF can cost 5,000 a go, and its very easy to spend 30,000 without having anything to show for it except lots of tears and a clock ticking.

I was very very lucky to achieve my dream for 2011 of getting pregnant in August, and because I responded quickly to treatment (thank-you nice ovaries for finally behaving) we still have our little bit of savings more or less intact, and can begin to make other plans.

So, for 2012,
    I will become a mammy, and hopefully not too bad a one!
    I will get my studies back on track, get my final 3 exams. (no room for a crib with all my books gathering dust in the spare room)
    I will try to find a job after my maternity leave that I can apply those studies, get my work experience and finally qualify.
    We will get our house plans drawn up and planning permission obtained. Banks may not lend, but when they do, we will be ready and waiting.
    ...and maybe I might try and get pregnant again if I dont have the horrors of the first one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I remember reading this last year but never posted, was afraid of jinxing anything after a year and a half from hell. I stuck out a job I hated for too long, then dealt with being unemployed and watching my savings dwindle. I was sick for 6+ months, back and forth to doctors, hospital and consultant, and utterly miserable about it all for a full year. I started my own business last year but by Christmas work was quiet and I was scared. I also had to spend the year adjusting to my boyfriend's new and demanding job, which our life kind of revolves around, which I found tough. He had a rough few months towards the end of the year with family, health and work problems, so we were pretty exhausted by Christmas 2010.

2011 has been a great year :D

My business has gone from strength to strength, I was approved for a start up grant and have made almost double the income I thought I would in my first year :) I now know the Christmas quietness was a seasonal lull, which means I get a lovely quiet run up to Christmas this year too, yay!

I have been pretty good healthwise this year, I learned to deal with bouts of being sick much better and of course since I learned that I haven't been sick :)

I went on three holidays, one with my mum, one with my boyfriend and one with my friend that I hadn't seen since I left Toronto four years ago.

I was asked to be godmother to my cousin who was born in the summer :D He's adorable, and my boyfriend became an uncle during the summer too...

...And we got engaged two weeks ago :):)

So this has been an amazing year, hope 2012 is even half as good!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Maple wrote: »
    What am I looking forward to most in 2011?

Being happy in my own skin. I haven't felt that in nearly 5 years but I can feel it happening now and I'm relishing the feeling.

Everything else will click into place, I just know it.

I can feel 2011 is going to be a good year.

:D 2011 was great, a few sticky patches but overall such a super year.

Roll on 2012. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

I''m going to Belfast on Friday with my mam and my sister. We do it every year as a big girlie night so we eat our body weight in goodies and do our christmas shopping! Gonna go into town tomorrow and get some face masks and some new nail varnish for my mam! :) So exciting, always look forward to it!

Then gonna come home Saturday and hopefully stay in my boyfriend's that night, waking up beside him is one of the best feelings in the world! :o

Cheese on cheese right?!?! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Miss Olenska

2011 summarised:

:) - lost two stone in weight, randomly but happily acquired a lovely boyfriend and it has been the most natural-feeling and relaxed relationship of my life, am in the process of making amends with friends, slowly getting my life back on track after suffering from depression and anxiety, so amazing to crack my mental issues, anti-depressant medications have transformed my life and I have rediscovered the determination I had as a child

:( - drifted apart from friends and neglected friendships (but hoping that one will work out OK), am finding getting a job tricky because there's been a huge gap and my last job didn't end well due to above-mentioned issues, really want to move out of my parents' place soon and be nearer my boyfriend

All in all, could be worse, and there was times this year when I thought it would never get better, but some things have improved immeasurably for me in the last few months.

For 2012? I'd like to have a job, live nearer my boyfriend and friends and travel more. Maybe start drawing and painting again, haven't done it in YEARS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

tatabubbly wrote: »
    Pass my masters course,

Get my driving licence,

Save for moving away,

Get myself some nice things cos this year i was skint and hated it!!

I've got to remember that even though the OH will be away from june 2011 on, that he loves me and not to get irrational....

Okay so I posted this for last year for this year, well I've got 3 out of the 5 done.

Didn't get my licence cos I don't have a car anymore, got my masters finished and will be graduating in December :D

Still planning on moving away but hope its not far away! My OH has went back to college away, haven't went batty yet. He's going to try and come home a week earlier for xmas! :D

For 2012, I wish for my good health, to be with my OH and be as happy as we are.
    I hope to loose a stone and half for my mum's wedding next year cos I'm chief bridesmaid ;)
    I need to get a job in my area of work, currently started a retail job and while its ok and money coming in, I hope to get a research job. Maybe I'm just dreaming but if I could be a diagnostic consultant I would be delighted!
    I might even go blonde this year for the craic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Looking forward to...

1. Hopefully having someone new in my life if I play my cards right :):o
    2. Trying to get on with life after my grandmothers passing
    3. Doing better in college
    4. Travelling next summer
    5. Trying not to let things get to me as much
    6. Trying not to care as much about what people think

I've had a ****ty year and a half so looking forward to the new year :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Looking forward to:
    Finishing my MA, and education in general... won't know what to do with myself!
    No longer having to live on a student budget :D
    Moving in with my boyfriend
    Losing more weight (I WILL do it)
    Getting on the road
    New adventures!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hedwig

Hopes for 2012:

Study hard & do my absolute best in the Leaving Cert
    To be more confident and happier in my own skin (its slowly happening now and I hope it continues)
    To run more and hopefully get fitter
    Enjoy my last 6 months of school, I can't believe this time next year I'll be finished for good!!
    Get my driving license

Those are the main ones anyway, I'll probably think of other things... overall though 2011 hasn't been a bad year, in fact the second half of it was pretty good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

2011 was a bit of mixed bag for me, but the last few months have been terrible just in regards feeling low and a depression taking over me.

Anyway hopes for 2012:)

Finally being happy with myself or at least working towards that.

Choosing a course that I want to do or perhaps travel if I get the confidence to do so.

Being happy being single and getting over somebody that meant a lot to me.

Go on a nice holiday with my friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

2011 overall wasn't a bad year at all. Usual ups and downs...loneliness missing friends that are abroad has been the hardest but I guess I have my health, wealth and the people I love are okay. Can't ask for much more than that.

2012 I will be marrying the love of my life. I hope the day goes well and it's a day we will treasure forever. I can't wait to start this new chapter in our lives. I'm going to be a wife! :D

I hope someone close to me has a better year next year and finds happiness at last. I hope he finally puts ghosts to rest and gets out there and meets someone new that will be good to him and show him the wonderful person that we all know he is.

Most of all I hope this time next year I'll still be saying that the people I love are still all happy and healthy.

(I would also very much like a Kitchen Aid and Jessica Biel's body, k thanks!)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

2011 overall wasvgreat!

* I've my dream job in what I studied :)

* I made some amazing new friends!

* I'm fully recovered and back to my super happy self!

* I'm loving Dublin and living with an amazing housemate!

* I was single till last month and its going slowly bury nicely!

* I got a bike and am sorting out the fitness / weight!

For 2012 I'm looking forward to

* Progressing in my career!

* Losing 2 stone.

* Continuing to be this happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I'm looking forward to leaving the past in the past and moving on.
    I'm kinda doing it already, but I can't wait until it's all totally done and dusted.

I'm looking forward to a great year with awesome family and friends, old and new.

I'm looking forward to training hard and being totally fit and skinny :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Oh wow! My old posts!
    I have my birthday and graduation the first week of January, yay!

Def need some sort of holiday cause its been way too long!

And I'd like to decide what to do with my life. Be it applying for jobs related to my degree or going back and doing my masters. Bit sick of just floating around in life now :P

Oh, and losing all the weight I've put on in the last 2 days :pac:

2011 was my best year yet :) Was having a lot of personal issues at the start of the year but saw my doctor and a new councelor and really worked hard to work things out. Been the happiest I have ever been.

Met my boyfriend, greatest guy I have ever met. Has made me feel happy and loved and respected everyday we have been together. I really do see a good future for us together :)

Went on 3 holidays and 1 more to come before Christmas :D

Applied to do my masters in Canada and got my place!

There have been some hard times this year too, had a lot of problems with friends but I think the good out shadows these and I've come to be content with it so no point dwelling. Weight loss was a disaster. Put on a lot of weight trying to overcome my problems with bulimia, which despite a major relapse in the past week have been under control for most of the year. Think things will improve once I move away though.
    Oh I'd also like to learn to drive :)

FAIL! When I come back from Canada, if they will give me another learners licence that is!

Have such high hopes for 2012. Heading to Canada first week of January to start back in college. I know it will be hard to get back into study, make new friends, live somewhere new, be away from my boyfriend. But I really am feeling good about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

The first half of 2011 was good, finished up my masters -which I enjoyed, was living in a giant house with 8 good friends, had a great social life, just was happy.

Second half has SUCKED BALLS. started with one Hellish week, which also happened to be the week my thesis was due, and i know it suffered because of it. since then i've been mostly unemployed, have moved back to my parents house, have no friends or social life in this town. no romantic trysts! have literally had maybe 3/4 good weekends since June when I visited mates in Dublin.

so i can't frickin' wait for this year to be over.. plan to head off to Seoul to teach English in January (or possibly Feb if I'm realistic). excited about seeing a new part of the world and trying an entirely new career, but mostly just excited about having my own life again -having my own place and having people around to go do stuff with! 2012 will be sweeet

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

love these kinds of threads! 2011 was an uneventful enough year but my biggest triumph is having adjusted to being a single person, surviving heartbreak and ache and being relatively happy within my own skin as a single person!!

I'm hoping 2012 is the year I take the big leap and head off to the other side of the world for some fun and adventure!

I would also like to lose 10lbs- a stone and KEEP IT OFF!!

A bit of romance/fun/a fling would be nice ;)

All in all I hope 2012 is a fun filled year with lots of adventures :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

To next year being better than this year.
    For my so called friends realize that I exist as I was always there for them in the past.
    Help me get a job so I can say good bye to the dole office.
    Give me willpower to say no to sweets and yes to WW and walking.
    Let me know the joy of being loved.
    Send me some money as I am tired of being broke
    When I lose a few stone let me meet ///// just to let him see what he is missing.
    Let me have patience for people and situations I find myself in.
    Give me a voice that people will listen to and act upon what I say.
    Bring more people into my life to share the journey.
    Help me travel more.

Advertisement