Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking forward to...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I'm looking forward to
    * Being single for the year and only worrying about my happiness and not his

* 3 amazing gigs (Slane, Oxegen (I'm braveing it) and Feeder :D:D:D )

* Getting a job in my field

* Sorting out a Masters

* Settling in in Dublin

* Getting my normal happy self back fully

* Getting my fitness back and weight back down

* No more tears!

2011 is going to be epic! Fooking better be cause 08 - 10 were SH!TE!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

What am I looking forward to most in 2011?

Being happy in my own skin. I haven't felt that in nearly 5 years but I can feel it happening now and I'm relishing the feeling.

Everything else will click into place, I just know it.

I can feel 2011 is going to be a good year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭kiwi123

having a whole world at my feet with a degree in my pocket!

Knowing I have nothing holding me back and that if I want something I have to take full responsibililty and grab it myself....no excuses!

Finding myself! As cheesy and all as that sounds, becoming completely comfortable with who i am and at peace and LOVING THAT PERSON!

spending time with the girls and doing things like going away on a girly weekend.

Also spending time with my family and watching my niece grow into a beautiful (and bold) little girl

Getting some more life experience :):)

It's going to be a year with lots of ups and downs but by this time at the end of 2011 I hope to say that I have lived life! :o

*i just got a little bit excited* :P

The feeling that I am infact making the most of life!|

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Bring on 2011!

I'm starting an unpaid internship in a field I want to work in from January to May and I can't wait! It' going to be so much fun! Then I'll be heading away on a J1, back in time to start my final year in college! It's gonna be a good year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

This time last year I made a list of things I wanted to do:
    1. Buy a new 10 car (bought it end of January).
    2. Go on a fab holiday/travel more (went to france/spain in May and NY in June)
    3. Finish my Masters (finished in Sept)
    4. Get a new job (got it in Sept also)
    5. Loose weight and get fitter (ran/walked a few marathons-joined gym/lost weight (prob all back on since the Christmas :D).
    6. Save more (yep!).
    7. Meet someone famous (ok-I met Breffni from the apprentice and Gerry Springer :pac:).

Things still on my list for 2011:
    1. Id love to move to New York for a few months at least and experience life over there. Am seriously thinking of this.
    2. Just generally having the craic and putting myself first.
    3. Keep up the getting fit thing and run a full marathon.
    4. Meet someone really famous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

My plan for 2011:

- Get the finger out and finish my masters.
    - Focus on getting on the right path for my ultimate career goal (I had my epiphany moment this month!)
    - Get the weight and fitness finally sorted. I'm too young for this crap.
    - Move out of the city to Swords with the other half - and NO flatmate!
    - Move to a new branch for work.
    - Accepting that my family are the way they are and that I have plenty of good friends who will be there for me.
    - Enjoying myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Looking forward to loads of traveling and catching up with old friends, another house move and finally deciding whether a certain someone is firmly on my list or crossed off it :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Pass my masters course,

Get my driving licence,

Save for moving away,

Get myself some nice things cos this year i was skint and hated it!!

I've got to remember that even though the OH will be away from june 2011 on, that he loves me and not to get irrational....

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭NeuroticMonkey

Wow 2010 was a HORRIBLE year for me in which I lost a bunch of friends (now realise they weren't really friends at all), got seriously neurotic and isolated for a while, failed some important exams and, despite all the plans I had made for my future career and the work I put in throughout the entirety of my degree (and the efforts I went to to get work experience to put on the CV), I'm now living at home with my folks in the sticks, jobless and skint as the dole hasn't come through. :mad:

OK sorry, rant over! :rolleyes:

Plans for 2011:
    1. Work experience (relevant!) is sorted for 3 months initially and may be able to do more after that.
    2. Night course (component certificate) lined up in something I've always had an interest in but never the time for.
    3. Master degree in UK in Sept 2011.
    4. Improve photography skills.
    5. Get Blue tip or full blue belt in TKD and get back to my pre-exam and pre-crazy-ness gym and swim routine.

Would also love to have a successful relationship that lasts longer than 3 months for the first time ever. And just be more outgoing and fun for other people to be around...I'm hoping to work on my general person-friendliness now that I'm outside the formal education system for the year. :D I'd also like to leave the country..nowhere fancy, just to see some new places....a few times this year, funds permitting. :)

So, in summary, F*CK YOU 2010 and BRING ON 2011!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I want it to be a productive year! This year was pretty uneventful/unproductive.

I hope to:

Learn to drive (bout time!)
    Move to a different country for the summer (depending on funds)
    Start the college year with a good work ethic, no messing about!
    Try a new sport/activity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

Looking forward to a job that really suites me and a place of my own to life, not just a room in a house minded by a landlord who charges everyone that want's to stay over for a night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

2010 was awful- my 1 year old nephew got meningitis, I suffered with depression, my OH suffered with a heart disorder, my dog died and I left my old job to go to a new one where I am being bullied by some of the staff and miserable all the time.

2011 will be better:

Going to get a new job!!!

Going on holidays (once with my gran, once with my OH and again with him and his parents)

Going to lose weight and get back to running

Going to meet up with old friends a lot more

Moving in with the OH :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 sexydancer

My little boy's First Communion

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭pinkpigs

2009 & 2010 were horrendous years of epic proportions. My wish for me this year is..

• Stay off the cigarettes
    • Get out of the debt that suffocating me
    • Staying positive
    • Be good to be myself

To have a nice boyfriend to share things with and less of the loneliness..

P.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

2010 was an awful year...The only good thing that came out of it was the improved relationship with my dad, which is already going down the ****ter...but that's another story =D
    Ok so what's definitely gonna happen this year!
      I will get a damn job!
      Get my full licence
      Get a wee Renault Clio!
      Move in with my bf (well, same building anyways, I have the deposit down!)
      Finally lose this weight and get fit, something I've been trying to do since 2003 but it will happen now!
      Go to Amsterdam
      Go to Germany (Rock am Ring, woo! Never going back to Oxegen :o)
      Not be such a crazy bitch :rolleyes:
      Once I lose the weight, buy me a new wardrobe (probably as a birthday present to myself :P)

It feels good to have all that down, now it has to happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Seeing post from people here saying they got a job and hopefully holding onto my own.

Hopefully enjoying getting fit and eating healthier.

Getting my skin sorted out.

A date this weekend.

Probably won't happen but I would love to see all the corrupt politicians, developers, planners and bankers etc get locked up, asset repossessed etc and the economy improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭annieire

Travelling more in 2011:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

2010 was quite a good year for me as I got a great new job, celebrated another year with my boyf, went on lots of great holidays and got a new car.

For 2011:

I'm looking forward to going on holiday to Vegas, New York, Libya.

Hopefully passing the first lot of my actuarial exams.

Another year with boyfy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hmm lets see

go on holidays somewhere nice
    hopefully get a full time job so i can afford to go back to college in september
    spend more time with the bf
    pass my driving test
    Himself gets a job even if it means us both moving to scotland or wales

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

having a blank canvas in front of me and making 2011 what I want it to be, also becoming independent and concentrating on myself for a while :) possibly making a move out of ireland? who knows??

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm feeling really positive about 2011! For me 2010 had its ups and downs, but I think that this year is going to be great. I'm looking forward to:

- Starting my new job next week (though it is a bit scary as well) - my first step into a real career-type job, rather than working in a shop or doing an internship
    - Getting my foot in the door of radio/podcasting - this one is a work in progress!
    - Visiting my boyfriend in either Kenya or Namibia, depending on where he is at the time
    - Hopefully visiting some of my other emigrated friends, who are living in Aberdeen, Geneva and Milan
    - Friends visiting me in London - can never get enough of this! One friend was booking flights tonight :)
    - Keeping a diary! Finding my ones from when I was younger was brilliant, I'm determined to get back into this habit for my future entertainment
    - Considering C25K - I've been reading the positive comments about it by Rainbow Kirby and The Morrigan, I have good running shoes and there are many parks in London - I just need to get over feeling silly! :o

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Fishie wrote: »
    - Considering C25K - I've been reading the positive comments about it by Rainbow Kirby and The Morrigan, I have good running shoes and there are many parks in London - I just need to get over feeling silly! :o
    You also have ParkRun over there, free 5k races every Saturday morning. No excuses ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

Looking forward to [hopefully] getting a proper, full-time job at the end of my course. Visiting my friend in France. Going away with my boyfriend. No major financial worries.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

Im looking forward to moving in with my boyfriend into our new house and getting to come home to him after work every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Just came across this thread while doing a search from something else.
    As we are near the end of the year, did people who responded to the thread manage to set out what they wanted to do or how did it 2011 turn out?
    Mine were:
    dellas1979 wrote: »
    Things still on my list for 2011:
    1. Id love to move to New York for a few months at least and experience life over there. Am seriously thinking of this. Still hoping to do this!
    2. Just generally having the craic and putting myself first. Been doing this!
    3. Keep up the getting fit thing and run a full marathon. Kept fit
    4. Meet someone really famous. Didnt happen :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

i'm looking forward to being able to walk again! which should be in February.

I can't wait to move out of here, which wont be till January, and move to Dublin.

There's a few WPP jobs that have come up that are quite exciting sounding and I'm hoping there's a chance I'll get one of them in the new year.

I'm really really looking forward to seeing spring. I just love seeing all the birds around, and love to watch the webcams on the nests. Just a better time of year. and this time round I can appreciate it more.

I've said to my best friend that it'd be cool if we could both start saving up a bit of money so that we can go to visit his uncle in South Africa. We'd been saying it for a while when we were a couple, but it's about time we got around to it. It'll be so mad to go on a safari etc... hopefully we can do that in the autumn.

well.... I can walk again! :D and I do appreciate it all the time. my ankle hurts a little constantly so it's a good reminder.

I'm now living in Dublin 9 months. it's much better for me all round, have made some good friends.

I'm just finishing up a WPP. it was....an experience.

The more I look forward to spring the more I'm disappointed by winter. there's lots of birds still around obviously, but you've so much less hours in the day that you can see anything, and rarely any when you're working.

my best friend has moved to Galway, and even just in the last few days I've been realising how much less we're talking, or have to say to each other anyway. I still consider him a really good friend, because of the person he is, but it's really sad for me to think that I'm not as close to him as I once was. but I think that may be down to him. I don't think he has much interest anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Konata wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to actually being able to do something with my life in 2011 :) I've been looking at night courses so gonna take up 1 or 2 of those for Jan - Summer and then hopefully make it back to college in September. To do something I actually like and want to do this time!

I'm looking forward to having a whole year untarnished by severe depression or eating disorders. I'm going to try and reach a personal milestone of one year without self harming (would be in September 2011).

I guess I'm just looking forward to having a chance at living a slightly more normal life! :)

I did indeed start a night course in Japanese and kept it up from Jan - June. I'm also now in college again, studying Japanese and French and I love it!

I reached one year without self harming in September and still going!

I still have some problems with food and my weight, and I'm still on anti depressants but my life is miles more fulfilling than it was even this time last year. It makes me really really happy to read this and reflect on just how much I've achieved in 2011 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Blush_01 wrote: »
    I have high hopes for 2011!

Looking forward to a job hunt, moving on from where I am, possibly finding a career path, maybe some study, and definitely more time with the people who mean something to me.

I am looking forward to putting a bit of work in on myself, and being happier with who I am.

I'm really looking forward to being more focussed and structured in how I deal with things. I can fit everything I want to do in... I just have to drop some of the unnecessary nonsense. TV is unnecessary nonsense (and that's practically gone already) but writing isn't.

I'm so looking forward to a time when there is no snow. NO SNOW!!! :D

That'll do for a start. :)

Some things happened the way I wanted, or in a slightly different way to how I would have liked... so 2011, eh?

Job hunt: Found a job pretty quickly, but it turned out that it was not the right move for me. Have handed in my notice and found another (better, in my opinion) job where I will really be pushing myself out of my comfort zone, but should have genuine long-term opportunities. I like to think I'm a dedicated, loyal person, but working very long hours for little recognition because it is expected was very frustrating. In the process of moving job, I moved from Dublin to Cork, and I have really loved the move, so it has been a good year in that respect. (Every cloud!)

Me: Joined a gym in Cork, but have had virtually no time to go due to workload over the past 6 months, and it has really grated on me - both financially and long-term, the effects have just been negative in my opinion. But focusing on the positives, I have a much better personal life because I'm sharing a house with some lovely people - so the stress levels at home are practically non-existent. Spending a lot of time on my voluntary project, and it's been going well this year, even if there is a lot of work to be done.

Fitting it all in: Ha. This fell completely by the wayside. This is coming with me on the 2012 list!

Snow: We got rid of the snow! No snow is AMAZING.

Looking towards the end of the year with a lot of positivity and enthusiasm. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Twee. wrote: »
    Bring on 2011!

I'm starting an unpaid internship in a field I want to work in from January to May and I can't wait! It' going to be so much fun! Then I'll be heading away on a J1, back in time to start my final year in college! It's gonna be a good year :)

Well I ended up getting paid at my internship :D Met lots of great people, but I'm not sure if it's the area I want to get into. A good experience anyway.

Ended up in the great island of Manhattan for three months, absolutely fantastic time. Worked in Lacoste, all the fun.

Final year of college is so far a drag and I can't wait to finish :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

2011 was a fantastic year for me.

I finished college, and passed all exams with 3 exam bodies. 1 while 8 months pregnant, 1 about 2 weeks after giving birth and the final one 5 weeks after my baby was born.

I did better than I expected and I am so happy that I completed the course despite finding out I was pregnant.

I started a full time job 1 month after qualifying, and am there ever since. It's a job that I love, and that I really enjoy.
    It's not ideal in that I sacrifice a lot for it, but life isn't ideal all the time.

My daughter was born in May and she has changed me for the better. She makes me want to be the best I can be.

I got engaged at the end of September , to my best friend and the love of my life. I feel like 2011 has made me the luckiest girl in the whole entire world.

I hope 2012 is just as good. It has a lot to live up to,

Advertisement