Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking forward to...

Options
  • 21-12-2010 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭

I don't know about you, but for most people I know (myself included) 2010 has been a bit of a difficult year.

However, with a little over a week to go, 2010 is almost over, and 2011 is en route, pristine and promising.

I know in effect the change at new years is the same as the change at midnight any night of the year, but it does seem like as good a time as any to think about change and making things better, and about the good things that are coming your way.

There's so much grumbling, misery and loneliness at the moment, lets think about the positives! What are you looking forward to in 2011? Do you have any plans or wishes that you'd like to see coming true?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Looking forward to finally being able to move back out of the family home. I plan on moving in January or February, and to be honest, I can't wait.

Hoping for a better running year than this year too, was never able to string more than 3-4 weeks of solid consistent training together this year without something happening which would interfere with it.

Also hoping to not be single for the entire year again :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

I'm looking forward to better weather and maybe having enough money to go on holidays this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Looking forward to finishing second year and going on placement.

Getting more diving in. :)

Going to Italy and Croatia.

Getting a job.

Having a bit of a life after these exams!!

...and finally learning how to drive.

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I have high hopes for 2011!

Looking forward to a job hunt, moving on from where I am, possibly finding a career path, maybe some study, and definitely more time with the people who mean something to me.

I am looking forward to putting a bit of work in on myself, and being happier with who I am.

I'm really looking forward to being more focussed and structured in how I deal with things. I can fit everything I want to do in... I just have to drop some of the unnecessary nonsense. TV is unnecessary nonsense (and that's practically gone already) but writing isn't.

I'm so looking forward to a time when there is no snow. NO SNOW!!! :D

That'll do for a start. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Really looking forward to going home for a visit - and giving my folks a huge big hug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Yeah, 2010 was pants.

I'm looking forward to a few things in 2011... Having my girlfriend living back in Dublin after 18 months away. That was epically rubbish.

Looking forward to finishing and handing in my PhD in September, hopefully.

Looking forward to going to New Zealand and presenting at a conference, and then heading to Sydney to present a workshop... Fingers crossed I find the money from somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

After the crapness of 2010 study-wise, I'm hoping to go back to college in 2011 and just enjoy myself. Do a course I love, work hard. I'm feeling really motivated 'cause after being out of education for a while, I miss it so much and I know I'll be ready this year to give it my best shot. :)

Other than that, I'm really just hoping that 2011 will be a happy year. I'll do whatever I can to make it that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I'm looking forward to travelling around the world next year after my eldest brother gets married to his fiance :) They live in cambodia at the moment so they will come back here for a wedding/blessing thing. I might have two travel partners on my hands.

I'm also looking forward to the challenge of a TEFL course, I hope to teach in a foreign country with it. So much to get sorted.

Most of all I'm looking forward to ringing in the new year with my friends and boyfriend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

i'm looking forward to being able to walk again! which should be in February.

I can't wait to move out of here, which wont be till January, and move to Dublin.

There's a few WPP jobs that have come up that are quite exciting sounding and I'm hoping there's a chance I'll get one of them in the new year.

I'm really really looking forward to seeing spring. I just love seeing all the birds around, and love to watch the webcams on the nests. Just a better time of year. and this time round I can appreciate it more.

I've said to my best friend that it'd be cool if we could both start saving up a bit of money so that we can go to visit his uncle in South Africa. We'd been saying it for a while when we were a couple, but it's about time we got around to it. It'll be so mad to go on a safari etc... hopefully we can do that in the autumn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭SarahMs

Jeepers............ I hate this time of year..... It's so amazingly fun and romantic...... but on the other hand it's slightly scary because it will be January again and that means the start to another year.

I plan to just enjoy 2011, not put too much expectations or wishes or dreams or big ideas into it. Take the good with the bad and smile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

2010 was a pretty crap year .. only good thing was i got married in the summer time. but last year was crap too and i thought this year would have been better. i do hope next year will be better, but i'm not holding my breath! i'm out of work 3 years now, and i hope to move back home to canada.. so i'll be looking forward to that if i ever get the money together to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Looking forward to finishing this lot of study and hopefully leaving a job and starting a career.

Looking forward to re-doing the epic holiday I had this year, but with background experience this time!

Looking forward to 2011 in general. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Hopes for next year:

Get to next level of fluency in Spanish

Move from Spain to South America in the Summer! Hopefully I´m brave enough.

Not fall for any man in the meantime and if I do, it better be requited this time.

Start dance classes again.

Be a little less independent.

Worry less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

So many things to look forward to next year!

:D Random bits of travelling.
    :D Sisters wedding.
    :D Hopefully going to start training and studying to become a Beauty Therapist.

There's so many things :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Hopefully it'll be the year when I stop being 'on track' to get promoted and actually feckin get there :)

Aside from that, I'd like to do more stuff with my band, hopefully a couple of gigs outside Ireland and another release, but without losing my mind organising it like I did this year. I'd like myself and the OH to continue having as nice a time together as we've been having recently, I'd like my parents to stay healthy and my father's (small, construction-related) business to keep holding it together. Really when I think about it I've been very blessed this year and I hope it continues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I'm looking forward to actually being able to do something with my life in 2011 :) I've been looking at night courses so gonna take up 1 or 2 of those for Jan - Summer and then hopefully make it back to college in September. To do something I actually like and want to do this time!

I'm looking forward to having a whole year untarnished by severe depression or eating disorders. I'm going to try and reach a personal milestone of one year without self harming (would be in September 2011).

I guess I'm just looking forward to having a chance at living a slightly more normal life! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'm looking forward to both big and small things:

Big things:
    Getting a job :)
    Getting certified at Master Level in my primary qualification, not easy but achievable.(albeit expensive!)
    Appreciating what I have compared to others (great partner, great friends) and spending more time with them :)
    Getting my health back I worked for 18 months in an office infected with mould and damp and it's affected my health.

Small things:
    Keeping the house clean.
    Having more friends over.
    Cooking more and realising that the food in the freezer is there to eat, and not to admire.
    Framing my pictures.
    Making the house I live in more of a home and a real reflection of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Right now I'm looking forward to getting today over with without bloodshed!:D

Bring on the new year, last year promised much more than it delivered but next year is going to be the best. I can feel it in my water*:)

*whatever that means :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

A new year, new start, new me!

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

I have a phone interview for my dream job/location on the 4th of January, I am looking forward to that and hoping to God I pass it and progress to further interviews/job offer because it will enable me to secure a H1-B visa and move over to my OH. So excited/nervous about it! So I am looking forward to that and finishing my degree :D and moving to the States :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I am looking forward to getting my new (second hand) car. Thinking I'll go for a slightly higher engine capacity and possibly change from petrol to diesel. It's exciting. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I have my birthday and graduation the first week of January, yay!

Def need some sort of holiday cause its been way too long!

And I'd like to decide what to do with my life. Be it applying for jobs related to my degree or going back and doing my masters. Bit sick of just floating around in life now :P

Oh, and losing all the weight I've put on in the last 2 days :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Going to Italy
    Possibly (looking unlikely though) working in Bordeaux for the Summer.
    Turning 18!!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Getting back to college.
    Hopefully moving to Dublin for second year.
    Hopefully going to Paris in the Summer.
    Hopefully doing well in my college exams so I can be confident enough to try for Schols.
    Turning 19.
    Just looking forward to 2011 in general to be honest, I have a feeling it's going to be a good year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Learn to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Oh I'd also like to learn to drive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Getting back on my bike after all the snow... Have been off it for most of the month...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Saving up some money. Hopefully.
    Going to Oxegen again after getting the ticket as a Christmas present :D
    Approaching the college workload a bit better.

I'm not gunna say my birthday cos I don't want to leave my teens! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Retail Hell

1. Quit Smokings this new year,
    2. Start a family with the missus,
    3. Move backto ireland, or commute to ireland from uk
    4. Have a great time at my friends Wedding in the summer
    5. get a little fitter, if the smoking thing works out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Puddinase

Blush_01 wrote: »
    I don't know about you, but for most people I know (myself included) 2010 has been a bit of a difficult year.

However, with a little over a week to go, 2010 is almost over, and 2011 is en route, pristine and promising.

I know in effect the change at new years is the same as the change at midnight any night of the year, but it does seem like as good a time as any to think about change and making things better, and about the good things that are coming your way.

There's so much grumbling, misery and loneliness at the moment, lets think about the positives! What are you looking forward to in 2011? Do you have any plans or wishes that you'd like to see coming true?

Think 'difficult' is definitely appropriate for summing up this past year.
    I'm looking forward to getting back to my happy self, feel like I've had all energy and positivity sucked out of me this past 6 months.
    Obviously this is something I'll have to work on myself but hopefully I'm finally able for it.

To new beginnings:D

Advertisement