Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford City Restaurants (2010 - Present)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 thiadale06

new steak and seafood restaurant going in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭deisemum

My family went to Bodega for dinner tonight. We ordered fish cakes, chicken caesar salad and sticky chicken wings for starters, steaks for mains, meuille feuilles, tart tatin and creme brulee for dessert.

Everything was delicious and service was very good. My teenage sons loved it and think it's the best restaurant in Waterford so were well impressed on their first visit to Bodega.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

two of us went to the copper hen today for lunch, we wont be going back in a hurry,we and the next table asked was there anymore veg comeing and was told no.bottles of wine were over priced as far as we were concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭maggiep2010

I would recommend the new kitchen out in Harneys of Dunhill,it's only open at the weekends but eaten there twice now and food is super, it's all local produce and priced very reasonably..usually a bit of crack in the bar there after as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

leg wax wrote: »
    two of us went to the copper hen today for lunch, we wont be going back in a hurry,we and the next table asked was there anymore veg comeing and was told no.bottles of wine were over priced as far as we were concerned.

Where's that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Where's that?
    in fenor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

Heading into The Fitzwilton Hotel tonight to Chez K's with 3 others for the 49euro dinner including wine for 2. Seems great value but will be interesting to see what the food is like.
    One of us is vegan so that usually scares the life out of most chefs.
    Will report back tomorrow to see how they look after us and deal with a Vegan (No Meat, Fish, Dairy, etc) .Usually never given a choice but yet expected to pay the same as the others paying the same price.

Hopefully we will get some good food, service and clean glasses (hate dirty glasses).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Did you let them know that a Vegan was dining with you at the time of booking it? they might have better options available if the chef knows in advance.

south wrote: »
    Did you let them know that a Vegan was dining with you at the time of booking it? they might have better options available if the chef knows in advance.

Yes I gave the kitchen 28hrs notice that there was a vegan in our group.
    Always do.

No excuses so. Hope you enjoyed your meal.

• Advertisement

south wrote: »
    No excuses so. Hope you enjoyed your meal.

Out of 10 it was a 5.5.
    Had a table booked for 8.30 and when we walked into the restaurant is was totally full (About 80 people) but our table was ready and all four of us were given our menus. Bread and water arrived 2minutes later.

We all choose the 49euro 4 course meal and bottle of wine for 2 (super value)

When the waitress came to take our order 3 of us ordered from the menu from a good selection of starters, mains. The vegan was given NO CHOICE as usual, which in my opinion is not on.

Starters arrived and one of us was given the wrong starter but he is not the type to complain so settled for it. The vegan was given a basic salad with no dressing...!!! I had ham hock terrine which was quite nice.

Mains followed, 2 8oz steaks, a mushroom risotto and vegan got mixed veg cous cous which was quite nice. I ordered my steak med-rare and it was med-well and not warm, but not the end of the world. pepper sauce was horrible and we got 4 CHIPS each... sides of boiled potatoes and cheese cauliflower which was nice. Vegan got side of only caulifower with no potatos.
    The mushroom risotto was way over cooked but the flavour was not bad.

Desert 2 chocolate brownies with ice cream which were nice and rich, selection of ice cream was again ok. Our vegan guest got a poached pear on a plate with 4 raspberries, the pear was totally overcooked and tasted like mush.

1 tea and 3 coffee's finished off the meal.
    Oh the house wine is an Argentinian merlot which was not good (would give you a bad hangover) but we upgraded the second bottle to a spanish rioja which only cost another 4 euro and was much nicer.

For 102 euro for 4 people for 2 bottles of wine and a four course meal is amazing value and even if the food is not top notch you are only paying 15euro each for a four course meal so you can't go wrong.
    I would go back but I would tell management that things could be improved a little which would make a big difference. I'd also go on a week night to give the chef a chance to make a little more effort and get things bang on.

5.5 out of 10 (which is not bad for someone as fussy as me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 feelingwoof

I happened to be in Chez Ks as well last night, there was a big crowd, looked like it was the day afters of a Wedding.
    I was pretty disappointed overall, i was waiting on my mains for about 10mins after the other people on my table had been served! I can fully understand slow service when there's a crowd there but they could at least hand out the dinners at the same time!
    A gripe i also have is you don't stick with the same waiters, it's nearly a different one for each part of the meal.
    It's good value and the food was good but overall i'm not keen on it as a restauraunt and i'd rather pay more for a better experience. There's alot they can improve on down there, there wasn't even any music playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Eastenders on saturday Night... 10 out of 10 as usual, great restaurant with vibrant atmosphere... lovely staff and top class food!!!! Fair play to the guy in there running it, I remember going in there back in mid 07 when it opened and he didn't have have the place painted or kitted out but the food was still top class..... fast forward 4 years and he has turned the small unit into the best indian in town in my opinion compared to the other indians who have 2 or 3 times more floor space......

Out of 10 it was a 5.5.
    Had a table booked for 8.30 and when we walked into the restaurant is was totally full (About 80 people) but our table was ready and all four of us were given our menus. Bread and water arrived 2minutes later.

We all choose the 49euro 4 course meal and bottle of wine for 2 (super value)

When the waitress came to take our order 3 of us ordered from the menu from a good selection of starters, mains. The vegan was given NO CHOICE as usual, which in my opinion is not on.

Starters arrived and one of us was given the wrong starter but he is not the type to complain so settled for it. The vegan was given a basic salad with no dressing...!!! I had ham hock terrine which was quite nice.

Mains followed, 2 8oz steaks, a mushroom risotto and vegan got mixed veg cous cous which was quite nice. I ordered my steak med-rare and it was med-well and not warm, but not the end of the world. pepper sauce was horrible and we got 4 CHIPS each... sides of boiled potatoes and cheese cauliflower which was nice. Vegan got side of only caulifower with no potatos.
    The mushroom risotto was way over cooked but the flavour was not bad.

Desert 2 chocolate brownies with ice cream which were nice and rich, selection of ice cream was again ok. Our vegan guest got a poached pear on a plate with 4 raspberries, the pear was totally overcooked and tasted like mush.

1 tea and 3 coffee's finished off the meal.
    Oh the house wine is an Argentinian merlot which was not good (would give you a bad hangover) but we upgraded the second bottle to a spanish rioja which only cost another 4 euro and was much nicer.

For 102 euro for 4 people for 2 bottles of wine and a four course meal is amazing value and even if the food is not top notch you are only paying 15euro each for a four course meal so you can't go wrong.
    I would go back but I would tell management that things could be improved a little which would make a big difference. I'd also go on a week night to give the chef a chance to make a little more effort and get things bang on.

5.5 out of 10 (which is not bad for someone as fussy as me)

Going in again tonight. Will be interesting to compare to last week.... report to follow

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Saw it getting a lick of paint today...hmmmmmm

Its going to be Caseys's Steakhouse according to the Waterford Today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Its going to be Caseys's Steakhouse according to the Waterford Today.

Did they give any indication of when it's due to open.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Did they give any indication of when it's due to open.

Their FB page seem to indicate mid November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭decies

First time in l, atmosphere tonight beef nice and tender, desert lovely , yes people might complain about size of portions, but I thought the 3 courses were very tasty indeed .

decies wrote: »
    First time in l, atmosphere tonight beef nice and tender, desert lovely , yes people might complain about size of portions, but I thought the 3 courses were very tasty indeed .

Super review.. llol

Going in again tonight. Will be interesting to compare to last week.... report to follow

Went back to Chez K's for the second week in a row for the 49euro 4 course meal for 2 and bottle of wine.

Super value.
    The last time we had a few issues and I mentioned them to the manager when I phoned to book this time.
    My wife is vegan so she usually never gets a choice.
    This time when we arrive she is handed her own Personal menu (only the second time this have ever happened and the other time was in a 5* Star restaurant that cost 200euro. So hats off to the Chef for going to such a big effort. That is what you call service.

She got a cauliflower soup with truffle oil for starter and it was 10 out of 10.
    A good veg curry for main followed by a fantastic rice dish for desert.
    Thank you management for making her feel like she deserves good food like the rest of us.

Myself and the other two diners had chicken satay salad, ham hock terine and soup for starters all of which were very nice.
    For mains I again had boring steak as did the other male, both were will cooked and the sauce was improved on our last visit.
    The other guest had mushroom risotto which was also nice.
    2 Brownies for desert and a really great night out for 25euro each, amazing.

Please people if your not happy tell the management and then they have no excuses the next time your in. It worked a treat for us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

The old limeleaf is opening again this December as Flame.

From their facebook:
    Flame Restaurant will be bringing a taste of New York, and other parts of the world, to Henrietta Street, Waterford. If you think you'd fancy the likes of Spicy Wings, Spring Rolls, Gourmet Burgers, Steaks, Fajitas, Pastas, Champagne Cocktails, Wines and Beers served up in a cool and vibrant atmosphere - please check us out.....Opening in Early December 2011!

Good luck to them!

I noticed that on Facebook today. Sounds good. Just in time for the Christmas market. I hope it works out for them .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Mrs. Old Gregg and I went out for a meal last night for the first time in Waterford in ages. We strolled down to La Fontana on the quay. We both went starters, pastas, deserts and the house white.The food and wine were excellent and the lot came to €65. It's the closest I've found to the atmosphere you'd get at a good Trattoria in Italy, great food & friendly banter without the pretensions I've found in too many Italian restaurants in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Waterford laddy

was in Sabai tonight for the €30 tasting menu - i asked for no veggie stir fry and got another main (jungle curry instead)
    2 starters to share - Duck, Tiger Steak, Thai red chicken curry & mixed jungle curry with rice
    platter of mixed desserts to share!!!!

great meal at a good price, fast friendly service, hats off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Went to La Taverna recently

very disappointed in the quality of the food, the service, and because of both of those, the price

Had a pasta dish with mushroom,italian sausage and something else i cant remember in a cream sauce. very disappointed in the quality, my date had exactly the same and hers was poor too. The waiter did not come back to check on us for at least 10 minutes and when we said we were already finished with just a few mouthfuls taken he didnt say anything or ask what was wrong he simply cleared our table and brought me back the bill!!

Will not be returning, had heard poor things about the place but wanted to give it a go myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

kryogen wrote: »

very disappointed in the quality of the food, the service, and because of both of those, the price

Had a pasta dish with mushroom,italian sausage and something else i cant remember in a cream sauce. very disappointed in the quality, my date had exactly the same and hers was poor too. The waiter did not come back to check on us for at least 10 minutes and when we said we were already finished with just a few mouthfuls taken he didnt say anything or ask what was wrong he simply cleared our table and brought me back the bill!!

Will not be returning, had heard poor things about the place but wanted to give it a go myself.
    Out of interest, did you pay the bill? I'm very much of the mind that if the food is poor then the restaurant doesn't get my money. Places that hand out poor quality meals won't learn unless it hits them at the tills I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rnrgal

old gregg wrote: »
    kryogen wrote: »

Out of interest, did you pay the bill? I'm very much of the mind that if the food is poor then the restaurant doesn't get my money. Places that hand out poor quality meals won't learn unless it hits them at the tills I reckon.

God I have to agree that place was horrendous when I was there the worst cooked steak imaginable..there was 6 of us nobody could finish their food and we were never asked why nobody hardly ate their food..we paid and ran out and will never return..I know we shouldn't have paid..lesson learned

Some severely mixed reactions to La Taverna so...If you look through this thread you'll see a lot of people raving about the pizza. i suspect that's mainly because of the novelty value of the scissors that comes with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Some severely mixed reactions to La Taverna so...If you look through this thread you'll see a lot of people raving about the pizza. i suspect that's mainly because of the novelty value of the scissors that comes with it.
    It has nothing to do with the scissors, their pizzas are gorgeous, best I've ever had in Waterford anyway.

• Advertisement

They're nice alright, but similar to the pizzas you get in most italian restaurants, which are far superior to the majority of the take away ones. What i mean is, it must be the scissors that is memorable for most people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

They're nice alright, but similar to the pizzas you get in most italian restaurants, which are far superior to the majority of the take away ones. What i mean is, it must be the scissors that is memorable for most people.

I've always liked La Taverna - but mainly as somewhere to have lunch. Their evening menu is dear alright - and i wouldn't be a fan of the "european option" or whatever they call that section that includes the steaks etc... The pizzas are gorgeous in there, and so are the paninis and bruscettas at lunch time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Yes i did pay the bill as i was in a bit of a rush and didnt want to be delayed having to argue! in hindsight i wish i had said it at the time, i normally would, but oddly enough i was thrown off when the waiter didnt enquire as to whether we enjoyed the meal (clearly hadnt) and without hanging around any longer then he needed just dropped the bill and left!!

I can only assume he knew he wouldnt have got positive opinions if he had enquired about the meal and wanted to avoid it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭next

old gregg wrote: »
    Mrs. Old Gregg and I went out for a meal last night for the first time in Waterford in ages. We strolled down to La Fontana on the quay. We both went starters, pastas, deserts and the house white.The food and wine were excellent and the lot came to €65. It's the closest I've found to the atmosphere you'd get at a good Trattoria in Italy, great food & friendly banter without the pretensions I've found in too many Italian restaurants in Ireland.

they do a great early bird 3 courses and a glass of wine €20 if you like prawns they do a great tiger prawn starter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Boooourns

iseegirls wrote: »
    I've always liked La Taverna - but mainly as somewhere to have lunch. Their evening menu is dear alright - and i wouldn't be a fan of the "european option" or whatever they call that section that includes the steaks etc... The pizzas are gorgeous in there, and so are the paninis and bruscettas at lunch time.

Like the food at lunch but it's sooooo slow in there, i've stopped going in there as you'd only get an hour for lunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭ILoveShoez

We went to Revolution on Friday night and got food. The food was fabulous! Pleasantly surprised!

• Advertisement

Boooourns wrote: »
    Like the food at lunch but it's sooooo slow in there, i've stopped going in there as you'd only get an hour for lunch!

Thats true, I used to only meet my friend there when she was on a 12:30 to 1:30 lunch, once you get there after 1 pm you havent a hope of being finished before 2 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Has the best fish and chips I ever tasted last week in McLearys. I have always said Johnny Walkers was the best in the city, and as far as a chipper goes they are tops, but this fish was beautifully done in the lightest batter I've ever had. Really a wonderful meal that I look forward to having again next time I'm in Waterford.

Note....I do not have any interest in or ownership of this place...it was just really great....excellent service too.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

chelloveks wrote: »
    Has the best fish and chips I ever tasted last week in McLearys.

Did you manage to finish it. Have been there twice and got the seafood crepe and then the fish and chips. Haven't been able to finish the fish as they give you two huge bits and those chips are too lovely to leave behind. It's great value for money it must be said and really tasty. From an economic point of view it's a good strategy to give customers value for money but not a great idea to give them so much that they're less likely to get dessert (where they'll usually make their biggest profit margin along with wine).

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

letsbet wrote: »
    Did you manage to finish it. Have been there twice and got the seafood crepe and then the fish and chips. Haven't been able to finish the fish as they give you two huge bits and those chips are too lovely to leave behind. It's great value for money it must be said and really tasty. From an economic point of view it's a good strategy to give customers value for money but not a great idea to give them so much that they're less likely to get dessert (where they'll usually make their biggest profit margin along with wine).

I had the seafood crepe starter as well and it was very good also, but that fish...outstanding. You are right, it was tough to finish, but I ate every crumb off the plate. The 2bottles of wine gave em their profit as restaurants usually double the price, but I couldn't even think about dessert.

That was one of the best dining experiences I've ever had and there are some pretty good restaurants here in NYC!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

Hi

Me and 3 of my friends are heading to waterford on Sat and looking for a place to eat...between this thread and other's I'm leaning towards La Fontana...just wondering do ye think is it too late to book it or does it need a booking...does any one know when the ealy bird finishes??

Any other advice on where we could go and things to do also apreciated...this is all of our 1st times there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

bradyle wrote: »
    Hi

Me and 3 of my friends are heading to waterford on Sat and looking for a place to eat...between this thread and other's I'm leaning towards La Fontana...just wondering do ye think is it too late to book it or does it need a booking...does any one know when the ealy bird finishes??

Any other advice on where we could go and things to do also apreciated...this is all of our 1st times there

Here's a link to their webpage http://www.lafontanarestaurant.ie/index.html

I'd always ring and book just to be on the save side!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭GrandBlaa

I usually have a light lunch in the City during the work week - soup and brown bread - and find some places can be a hit-and-miss at times!

Granary Cafe has awesome, awesome soup, but you only get one slice of bread (the one with bright green seeds baked in :D) and the staff are obsessed with taking the plates/bowls the instant you finish! No lingering around!

The other day I was texting and had my elbows on the table on either side of a bowl of soup... the server with the dark curly hair reaches in and takes my bowl! I wasn't even finished :confused:

O'Briens make soup at the temperature of lava, plus it's really uncomfortable eating in there: too crowded and packed together.

The Pantry is awesome for soup, along with Brunch [whose veg soup never changes, hehe] - I need new locations, though. Does anyone know if Kafe Karma does soup? What about the new Lily O'Briens cafe?

Agree about the Grannery soup, best in town. I used to get lovely soup in the cafe in stephen's st, can remember the name of the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

The vegan was given NO CHOICE as usual, which in my opinion is not on.

Vegans are given the same choice as everyone else. They choose not to eat meat etc.

Its not like the waiter says 'no sausages for you today'. :rolleyes:

dayshah wrote: »
    Vegans are given the same choice as everyone else. They choose not to eat meat etc.

Its not like the waiter says 'no sausages for you today'. :rolleyes:

What a stupid comment.
    How can someone choose to eat something that they don't eat.

If you had a Restaurant you would only cater for meat eaters?
    To be sucessful in any business you need to try and keep ALL your customers happy.
    Why do I bother evening replying to such stupid comments :rolleyes:

What a stupid comment.
    How can someone choose to eat something that they don't eat.

If you had a Restaurant you would only cater for meat eaters?
    To be sucessful in any business you need to try and keep ALL your customers happy.
    Why do I bother evening replying to such stupid comments :rolleyes:

People choose to be vegans. No-one forces it on someone. Is being vegan some sort of disability that people should be obliged to make an accommodation for them? I'm sick of people who make minority lifestyle choices, and then want everything handed to them on a plate. Your sense of entitlement is ridiculous.

Sure the next time you go to an Indian restaurant why not complain that you had NO CHOICE in your pizza selection. Or you could do the smart thing and go to a pizza place if that's the food you like.

You don't need to keep ALL the customers happy. Italian restaurant's don't sell Indian food, Indian restaurants don't sell Italian food, and normal restaurants sell food for those with normal tastes. That's why there is such a wide variety of restaurants, to cater for people's tastes.

Restaurants have a menu on the door. If you don't like the menu don't go in.

People choose to be vegans. No-one forces it on someone. Is being vegan some sort of disability that people should be obliged to make an accommodation for them? I'm sick of people who make minority lifestyle choices, and then want everything handed to them on a plate. Your sense of entitlement is ridiculous..

Your one ignorant idiot. If someone chooses not to eat animals they should not get a choice? But be expected to pay the same as the other people in the restautant getting loads of choices?

If a restaurant can't cater for everyone then the Chef is not a chef, hes a cook. And the same goes for management.
    I worked in restaurants for a number of years and then had the pleasure of owning my own. EVERY person that walked through my door was entitled to a choice and great food, EVERYONE. And as a manager, waiter, chef and owner I got great pleasure from sending customers out the door happy.
    The Number 1 secret of any restaurant is to make EVERY customer feel special and if as a customer you have that experence you will both return and tell your friends.

But I assume I am wasting my time trying to explain that to someone like you.
    If you had your way people would shut up and put up. What an Irish attitude.

Your one ignorant idiot. If someone chooses not to eat animals they should not get a choice?

I once went to a Vegan place in Dublin. I didn't like the food.

I didn't whine and moan that they offered me NO CHOICE in terms of steak. I knew it was a Vegan place before I went in, and was willing to give it a go.

I like to eat steak, but I'm not going to put other people (the staff of a Vegan restaurant) out of their way just because I want a steak. I chose from the menu.

I didn't return to the restaurant, but wish them the best of luck. Its just not my taste. People are free to make their own choices, but not impose their choices on everyone else.

If you went to a Vegan restaurant and they had no meat-free option you'd be perfectly entitled to complain; but to whine on the internet about a good restaurant, just because they don't suit the food options of a tiny minority, is just ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

People choose to be vegans. No-one forces it on someone. Is being vegan some sort of disability that people should be obliged to make an accommodation for them? I'm sick of people who make minority lifestyle choices, and then want everything handed to them on a plate. Your sense of entitlement is ridiculous..

Your one ignorant idiot. If someone chooses not to eat animals they should not get a choice? But be expected to pay the same as the other people in the restautant getting loads of choices?

If a restaurant can't cater for everyone then the Chef is not a chef, hes a cook. And the same goes for management.
    I worked in restaurants for a number of years and then had the pleasure of owning my own. EVERY person that walked through my door was entitled to a choice and great food, EVERYONE. And as a manager, waiter, chef and owner I got great pleasure from sending customers out the door happy.
    The Number 1 secret of any restaurant is to make EVERY customer feel special and if as a customer you have that experence you will both return and tell your friends.

But I assume I am wasting my time trying to explain that to someone like you.
    If you had your way people would shut up and put up. What an Irish attitude.

Out of intrest,are you still involved in the catering industry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I once went to a Vegan place in Dublin. I didn't like the food.

I didn't whine and moan that they offered me NO CHOICE in terms of steak. I knew it was a Vegan place before I went in, and was willing to give it a go.

I like to eat steak, but I'm not going to put other people (the staff of a Vegan restaurant) out of their way just because I want a steak. I chose from the menu.

I didn't return to the restaurant, but wish them the best of luck. Its just not my taste. People are free to make their own choices, but not impose their choices on everyone else.

If you went to a Vegan restaurant and they had no meat-free option you'd be perfectly entitled to complain; but to whine on the internet about a good restaurant, just because they don't suit the food options of a tiny minority, is just ridiculous.

It's a Vegan restaurant, the hint is in the name, if a restaurant advertised itself as a Meat only restaurant then the vegans can't complain but a restaurant serves FOOD, not just meat. I love meat but I can sympathise with vegans / vegetarians if a restaurant doesn't serve the food they want unless they advertise that they don't serve vegetarians / vegans.

• Advertisement
Advertisement