Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the most idiotic comment you've ever heard?

Options
  • 02-11-2011 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭

For me its any taxi drive banter, especially all the ones giving out that they paid €100k for a plate and now they're broke.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

People who were on the dole during the boom giving out about foreigners taking our jobs!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭livinonaprayer

For me, it's those Irish people who say "actually, I quite like the Queen!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

This...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Me and one of my friends were driving to wicklow last weekend and we had Green Day on shuffle on the ipod. We were both saying that we hope they do a gig again soon. He said they better because the last time he saw them they mainly played a load of their own stuff and not much from 21st Centuary Breakdown, and then went on to say that he was delighted it was the old stuff though cause, and I quote him here, "If I hear American Idiot again I'm gonna Sh*t my pants!!"......... I thought it was hilarious... aparently being angry these days means you **** your pants!!! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭batistuta9

guy i know in a pub one night 'who invented the telephone anyway? George Michael wasn't it' he wasn't drunk either

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

A former colleague and insufferable know-it-all (while actually knowing nothing) upon hearing "Stuck in the Middle With You" by Stealer's Wheel on the radio:

"Ah the Beatles, there hasn't been a better band since!"

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Insane Rambling

That there are more Porsches in Greece than taxpayers declaring 50,000 euro incomes !

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnny D. Mudd

CarMe wrote: »
    People who were on the dole during the boom giving out about foreigners taking our jobs!

"Now I couldn't be bothered gettin' off me hole to go and find work but I hate dose bleedin' fordeners comin over here and takin' our jobs."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Me and one of my friends were driving to wicklow last weekend and we had Green Day on shuffle on the ipod. We were both saying that we hope they do a gig again soon.

This as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

"...if I was the CEO of Wall Street, I wouldn't care about the protesters, in fact, I wouldn't be able to even hear what they are saying on the top floor of my building." Overheard on the bus.

This as well.

Not a fan I take it......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Anytime something is 'political correctness gone mad'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

i once said after gettin a burger in mcdonalds in america that its bigger than the one at home. It was a quarter pounder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

batistuta9 wrote: »
    guy i know in a pub one night 'who invented the telephone anyway? George Michael wasn't it' he wasn't drunk either

What an idiot.
    Everyone knows it was George Michaels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

This.

This.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

A former colleague and insufferable know-it-all (while actually knowing nothing) upon hearing "Stuck in the Middle With You" by Stealer's Wheel on the radio:

"Ah the Beatles, there hasn't been a better band since!"
    I was playing The Ballad Of John & Yoko by The Beatles one time and a guy said "You like Stealer's Wheel?" They are kinda similar songs... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

haha i love how his profile is banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Some awfully grand, full of his own importance, loving the sound of his own voice individual pontificating to an audience of his wife and two daughters having breakfast at a restaurant in Lanzarote. At the end of his "lecture" (which was basically just him spouting his very closed-minded opinions, all followed by him obnoxiously bellowing out "FACT!" after the delivery of them) a bird landed close by.

Daughter 1: Omg! Is that a pigeon?
    Father: Yes. They carry vermin you know.

Wasn't even a pigeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

I don't know why my tea is gone so cold so quickly - I boiled the kettle 3 times!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Dudess wrote: »
    I was playing The Ballad Of John & Yoko by The Beatles one time and a guy said "You like Stealer's Wheel?" They are kinda similar songs... :)

Hhm, I'm starting to worry that they're right and they actually are the same band! :eek:

Jaxxy wrote: »
    Some awfully grand, full of his own importance, loving the sound of his own voice individual pontificating to an audience of his wife and two daughters having breakfast at a restaurant in Lanzarote. At the end of his "lecture" (which was basically just him spouting his very closed-minded opinions, all followed by him obnoxiously bellowing out "FACT!" after the delivery of them) a bird landed close by.

Wasn't even a pigeon.

I know a few people like that!! Absolute Aresh*oles!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

the stupidist comment i hear time and time again is ''i hate the way some people can eat what they want and not put on weight''.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Jaxxy wrote: »

Wasn't even a pigeon.

What the fúck is happening to that shark in your avatar? :eek:

What the fúck is happening to that shark in your avatar? :eek:

The polar bear is hugging the shark and saying "Lets be friends".. and the sharks is saying "No"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

For me, it's those Irish people who say "Actually, I quite like Queen!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

In a pub one guy spurted out this little gem.. while watching the highlights of a premier league match.

"Wow, these highlights are all the best parts of the match"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭left_behind

While on a stag in brussels 1 of the guys is being very tight with his money never getting a round and various other examples. On the second day this becomes noticeable when another 1 of the lads calls attention to this.

Lad 1: "Your being very frugal with your money this weekend"
    Frugal lad: "What the f**k is frugal"
    3rd lad outta nowhere: "Frugal I know frugal thats your man of Lord Of The Rings"

The slaging was good after that

Advertisement