Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I'm only speaking from general experience. I find the people from Dublin to be great. But generally the streets are dirty, the place is overpopulated, there's mental traffic and there's just stressed people all around you. I find the suburban areas fine for the most part, but from going to matches all around Dublin I just feel better as I'm leaving, I know it sounds terrible but that's just my opinion of the city itself, not of the people!

Sure small things to have to put up with (and I'm sure it's worse if you're not local:pac:), but theres immense advantagex to be had too living here. Besides, I love an oul country break, living rurally for a time can be so rewarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Cian A wrote: »
    Sure small things to have to put up with (and I'm sure it's worse if you're not local:pac:), but theres immense advantagex to be had too living here. Besides, I love an oul country break, living rurally for a time can be so rewarding.

Ah yeah I'm sorry if I sound like I'm trying to wind ye all up, I'm not at all! I think it's just the problems of smaller places are bigger and more on display in Dublin because of the size of the population. It's all relative to where you come from of course but I just find Dublin too big and too populated for my liking:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I think it depends on the kind of person you are. Crowded, stressful and dirty as Dublin may be, I'd still never live anywhere smaller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I can't fcuking wait to get out of Cork tbh, but each to their own...

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

started going through courses in the CAO handbook and I'm more confused than ever!! TOO MUCH CHOICE. ahh :confused: can't decide.. bleh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Anybody else's school hold saturday morning study for a few hours? I'm heading in now, it's the only time I really get good quality study done.

Anybody else's school hold saturday morning study for a few hours? I'm heading in now, it's the only time I really get good quality study done.

Nah they aren't getting my money :p But now that I'm up before 12 I might get a little work done...Nah Sunday night sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

I wish mine did that! That's such a good idea. I'd go if it was cheap.:P

By the way, if anyone's doing home ec, WHAT THE HECK DO YOU WRITE ABOUT IN THE RESEARCH IN THE FOOD MIXER ONE? Our teacher messed up and we did it on processors, which is wrong, so I've like, a week to totally redo it. :(

It's just the research I'm totally confused on. Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

What subjects do you all do and what levels?

I do all honours apart from OL Maths

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Irish - Exempted
    French - Exempted
    Maths - Ordinary
    Physics - Honours
    Chemistry - Honours
    Biology - Honours
    Art - Higher
    English - Higher.

• Advertisement

Irish - Exempted
    French - Exempted
    Maths - Ordinary
    Physics - Honours
    Chemistry - Honours
    Biology - Honours
    Art - Higher
    English - Higher.

Must be nice having all of those free classes to do homework ;)

I do:
    Irish
    Maths
    French
    English
    Physics
    Business
    Accounting
    Applied Maths

All Higher level

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Maths
    English
    Irish
    French
    Biology
    Geography
    Music

All higher level, hoping to keep it that way too but there's always room to drop if needs be!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Irish
    English
    Maths
    Biology
    Home Economics
    German
    Physics

Doing pass German, Irish and maths. :P

How do you do so many subjects? :eek:

EDIT: I'm an idiot, I counted wrong! Pass maths maybe?

Fergus_ wrote: »

I do all honours apart from OL Maths
    English, Gaeilge, Maths, Deutsch, Biology, Ag Science and Music! (: All higher level.. although I should be in pass Maths but c'mon 25 extra points. :P
    M&S* wrote: »
    Maths
    English
    Irish
    French
    Biology
    Geography
    Music

All higher level, hoping to keep it that way too but there's always room to drop if needs be!
    What set works in Music have you done so far? I feel like my class are way behind because we've only done Bach and Tchaikovsky. D:
    I wish mine did that! That's such a good idea. I'd go if it was cheap.:P

By the way, if anyone's doing home ec, WHAT THE HECK DO YOU WRITE ABOUT IN THE RESEARCH IN THE FOOD MIXER ONE? Our teacher messed up and we did it on processors, which is wrong, so I've like, a week to totally redo it. :(

It's just the research I'm totally confused on. Any help?

IT'S THE CATALINA WINE MIXER!! :D
    instantly thought of that. :pac: Sorry.. xD

Bubbleope wrote: »
    What set works in Music have you done so far? I feel like my class are way behind because we've only done Bach and Tchaikovsky. D:

We've done Bach, Tchaikovsky and Queen, not in depth but a generally idea! I wouldn't be worried, the course isn't huge to be fair!

We've done Bach, Tchaikovsky and Queen, not in depth but a generally idea! I wouldn't be worried, the course isn't huge to be fair!
    ah right, thank-you! (: we actually hardly have a normal class these days.. all we're doing is singing.. stupid stupid songs. Just wanna get going on the set works and know them inside out.

ah right, thank-you! (: we actually hardly have a normal class these days.. all we're doing is singing.. stupid stupid songs. Just wanna get going on the set works and know them inside out.

You're not alone here! We constantly do singing for "masses" that are upcoming but I'm not going to go too! :mad: My music teacher is a disaster I would actually love a good grade in music because I know it's achievable but I feel like we're missing out on bits of the course that are crucial to get a decent grade! :(

You're not alone here! We constantly do singing for "masses" that are upcoming but I'm not going to go too! :mad: My music teacher is a disaster I would actually love a good grade in music because I know it's achievable but I feel like we're missing out on bits of the course that are crucial to get a decent grade! :(
    mise freisin!! although I don't go to the mass choir practices cause.. just cause. stupid mass songs. xD
    And talk about disaster. Practical for my teacher equals solo singing or group singing. She doesn't even think about the students that want to play instruments.. although she does love the girls that play piano cause she's a pianofreak herself. No offence to piano players.. I love pianos! :D Just jealous cause I'm ****e at playing it.. xD
    Also, my teacher said that no-one hardly ever gets an A1 in music. O: I WANT AN A1!! O: won't be too possible with a teacher like mine..

That's basically my teachers attitude! To be fair though, she knows I get lessons in violin outside of school and I'll have all that sorted myself but there's a few people and they don't have a clue and she leaves them to the side to do singing!

I don't understand how it'd be any harder than other subjects? If you've got a good grasp at your practical, know your set works, make a good stab at melody writing! That's what I'm hoping anyways!

• Advertisement

Some teachers are just really cynical and will tell you that getting an A1 in such and such a subject is comparable to finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

Has anyone studied much for the Leaving Cert yet? I haven't really yet, I'm gonna start srsly after Christmas

That's basically my teachers attitude! To be fair though, she knows I get lessons in violin outside of school and I'll have all that sorted myself but there's a few people and they don't have a clue and she leaves them to the side to do singing!

I don't understand how it'd be any harder than other subjects? If you've got a good grasp at your practical, know your set works, make a good stab at melody writing! That's what I'm hoping anyways!
    awh violin. :) such a pretty sounding instrument. (:
    and I s'pose, (: already divided the tchaikovsky song into a billion sections for listnening to. xD It's on my ipod! :pac:
    Some teachers are just really cynical and will tell you that getting an A1 in such and such a subject is comparable to finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.
    you can tell when my teacher is lying though..
    i definitely don't think she was lying when she said that no-one ever got an A1 in her class.. she said they mostly get A2s at the best. S:

Has anyone studied much for the Leaving Cert yet? I haven't really yet, I'm gonna start srsly after ChristmasThe day before the exams

Me too:p

awh violin. :) such a pretty sounding instrument. (:
    and I s'pose, (: already divided the tchaikovsky song into a billion sections for listnening to. xD It's on my ipod! :pac:

It took a long time for my playing to sound in anyway nice! What do you play? I've them on my ipod too! I actually really like tchaikovsky, much better than bach those german lyrics do get stuck in your head though! :pac:

It took a long time for my playing to sound in anyway nice! What do you play? I've them on my ipod too! I actually really like tchaikovsky, much better than bach those german lyrics do get stuck in your head though! :pac:
    I play my voice. xD Ah no, I play guitar and piano. But I don't think I'm good enough at them so I think I'm just gonna do group singing and music technology.
    This is why I want to get full marks in the listening/written exams because I'm know I'm going to go down a few marks in the practical. meh. I'm one of those confused ones when it comes to the practical! Wish I was brilliant at an instrument. ah well
    And I like Tchaikovsky too! Pure bobbing my head to the music. XD
    Although it's really easy to tell what section you're in when it comes to Bach because of the lyrics.
    My teacher thinks Tchaikovsky will be the main question this year though.. :P

Me too:p

I am gonna try my best not to do that >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

We've done those and Bohemian Rhapsody, so you're not way behind! :)
    I do Honours:
    Maths,
    English,
    Biology,
    Chemistry,
    Music,
    Spanish.
    And Ordinary Irish :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Everyone seems to have done Bach except for me! :P We've done Tchaikovsky, Queen and Gerald Barry though, so I suppose it evens out. We'll probably be starting Bach soon, because we've finished the other 3 completely.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I do English, Irish, Maths, French, Business, History and Geography all at higher level :D

I'm raging I didnt ask my maths teacher about Applied Maths tbh. I planned to go to the OL maths class at the start of 5th year but was convinced not to and now I have an A1 streak going on since the third chapter :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement