Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby 2011 Video Games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

andrewdcs wrote: »
    Did they ever say why Europe and North america were delayed?

Problems with distributers over here, I believe. They're a small firm and didn't have the contacts in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

TheJims wrote: »
    20% off? hmm i was goin to get it on xbox, but no harm in saving a few euro..

Is RC going to have actual players, or will be be the real players stats wit knock-off names??

All the club/provincial sides have real players (apart from the South African teams) but only NZ and Australia are licenced from the international sides. RWC had all the other international licences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

All the club/provincial sides have real players (apart from the South African teams) but only NZ and Australia are licenced from the international sides. RWC had all the other international licences.

Wasted on them. Seriously bad game, not enjoyable at all. Glad I only rented.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

tolosenc wrote: »
    Problems with distributers over here, I believe. They're a small firm and didn't have the contacts in place.

This is in the end was only a small part of it.

The major delay was a licensing issue for the RB Pro 12 and the Top 14.

The European release will now be patched out of the box to Version 2.0. Among a number of really important improvements and bug fixes, patch 2.0 also unfortunately, adds some licence controls as mentioned above.

For example:

Pre patch 2.0 - you could take the Irish Team (or any Int'l team) go through the Pro 12 / Aviva / Top 14 / whatever league and just move the "REAL Players" into the team without editing them.

Now unfortunately you cannot do that. You must now go and edit each player name (fake names used in Int'l. squads). Not impossible to re-create the correct national teams but truly annoying and time consuming.

The same also applies to inter league transfers. You can transfer players between teams in a specific league (e.g. Pro 12) but you can't do inter league transfers (e.g. Pro 12 to Top 14) etc... So it makes it much more difficult to update squad rosters.

EDIT: Anyone who imported from Australia / NZ will be able to do all of the squad updates, setup the correct int'l squads etc... and then install the patch - or remove the patch and make the changes you desire and re-install patch. Can't do this on the European Versions as patch is straight from box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Uriel. wrote: »

The European release will now be patched out of the box to Version 2.0. Among a number of really important improvements and bug fixes, patch 2.0 also unfortunately, adds some licence controls as mentioned above.

For example:

Pre patch 2.0 - you could take the Irish Team (or any Int'l team) go through the Pro 12 / Aviva / Top 14 / whatever league and just move the "REAL Players" into the team without editing them.

Now unfortunately you cannot do that. You must now go and edit each player name (fake names used in Int'l. squads). Not impossible to re-create the correct national teams but truly annoying and time consuming.

The same also applies to inter league transfers. You can transfer players between teams in a specific league (e.g. Pro 12) but you can't do inter league transfers (e.g. Pro 12 to Top 14) etc... So it makes it much more difficult to update squad rosters.

EDIT: Anyone who imported from Australia / NZ will be able to do all of the squad updates, setup the correct int'l squads etc... and then install the patch - or remove the patch and make the changes you desire and re-install patch. Can't do this on the European Versions as patch is straight from box.
    Still showing release date on gamestop of 14/10/11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Still showing release date on gamestop of 14/10/11

the delay he is referring to is the delay to the 14th October, was meant to have come out last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

For example:

That sounds like a real pain. Pre-ordered the European version myself :( I take it the Project Nova update file won't work on the European version so?

That sounds like a real pain. Pre-ordered the European version myself :( I take it the Project Nova update file won't work on the European version so?

As I understand it I'm afraid it won't - its not clear yet if Nova will work in part or not at all (e.g aviva premiership players could be transferred to SH teams)

Work arounds may eventually become available

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Hmm. So can you actually re-create the national teams using the likenesses from other teams (pro12) at all? Or are you saying you can only re-name the players, and not actually use their likeness?

well the way I see it is that you can't transfer the club players to, for example, International sides Ireland, Wales, Scotland and France (examples)

But, you can create all the players yourself, trying to recreate their image and assigning them the stats you want, or just copy the stats assigned to the players that they have been given for their clubs.

As for project Novo, it depends on if they just transferred the club players straight in to the international sides/transferred them in and then edited the slightly, or if they created the players from scratch.
    If its the former it won't work but if its the latter it will work.

However, I'm sure the project Novo team or someone else would be willing to create the players from scratch if that's not what already happened.

Luckily for me I'm sorted as my copy is from NZ :)

• Advertisement

Ugh. I hope not. Don't fancy spending hours messin with sliders to recreate the mess that is DOC's face.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

You can still move players to international sides. The issues are with transferring between pro12/Aviva/top14. My teams are still all the same since the update anyway.

Edit: I'll check now and make sure

Just had a look there, it seems you can't actually move club players to international teams any more. I seem to be lucky though as all of my international teams that I edited before the patch have stayed the same.

It's not too bad though for you guys cause all of the players with fake names look exactly like the players that are meant to be there, they also have the same initials for the most part. Also all of the names are in the commentary already which I thought was great. All you have to do is edit the players on the team, it will take a while but its worth it in the end. I even have the South African teams complete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

this just looks like more hassle than its worth now

this just looks like more hassle than its worth now

just play with the default teams then

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

What's the game like in terms of difficulty? Is the AI clever in attack?

I had to move up to pro difficulty within 24 hrs of first playing it.

So far I am finding Pro pretty decent to be honest. I think you get a mix in it, with Leinster I am winning a lot of the games I should, but still having tight games against bigger teams, pulling off a shock away win to French sides but every now and then slipping up to a lower team like Aironi :(:o

Just completed my first six nations in career mode... I won 4 out of 5 games. Had a handy enough win at home to France, and away to Italy, I beat wales by a handful of points away and beat Scotland with a 80minute + drop goal from Rob Kearney, which was a cracking tough game and a great way to win.

Last game at Aviva against England for Grand Slam.... lost 17-6 while i dominated much of the game I just could not break down their defence line. Disappointing to lose, but in some ways I was very satisfied by the game nonetheless as there is a good element of difficulty mixed with realism in it at Pro level for me at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

the irish 13 still has bods face, the english 10 is floods. you just need to change the names.

anyone know how i'd go about removing the patch from and NZ version?

I'm wrecked, just played 11 online games in a row of Rugby Challenge :)

won 8 of the 11 so I'm happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Whats the controls like compared to wc 2011

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

So far I am finding Pro pretty decent to be honest. I think you get a mix in it, with Leinster I am winning a lot of the games I should, but still having tight games against bigger teams, pulling off a shock away win to French sides but every now and then slipping up to a lower team like Aironi :(:o

Just completed my first six nations in career mode... I won 4 out of 5 games. Had a handy enough win at home to France, and away to Italy, I beat wales by a handful of points away and beat Scotland with a 80minute + drop goal from Rob Kearney, which was a cracking tough game and a great way to win.

Last game at Aviva against England for Grand Slam.... lost 17-6 while i dominated much of the game I just could not break down their defence line. Disappointing to lose, but in some ways I was very satisfied by the game nonetheless as there is a good element of difficulty mixed with realism in it at Pro level for me at the moment

May have to give that a shot so. Have been playing on hard for a while and am finding it a little too easy, especially against the weaker sides. The only thing about Pro I'd be wary of is the place kicking. I still find it a little awkward on Hard....

molloyjh wrote: »

May have to give that a shot so. Have been playing on hard for a while and am finding it a little too easy, especially against the weaker sides. The only thing about Pro I'd be wary of is the place kicking. I still find it a little awkward on Hard....

Not much different to be honest. I still find it as tough. Interestingly I have a higher success rate with sexton and o'gara and about 15-20% lower with necewa and Kearney. Can't tell why it's harder with those players, I guess the cursor moves quicker or something

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    the irish 13 still has bods face, the english 10 is floods. you just need to change the names.

just delete the saved games file in the game utility. Make whatever edits you want/install project nova and then re-install patch

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭petebricquette

So from looking at people's reports on the Sidhe forum, it seems that you're basically screwed if you don't have Live for Rugby Challenge. From a longevity perspective at least. If you can't move players from league to league then your career mode is ballsed from the beginning. Is it just 13 seasons of the same league, does anyone know?

Really want to get this game but very unimpressed with the looks of the 'patched' EU version.

just delete the saved games file in the game utility. Make whatever edits you want/install project nova and then re-install patch

i've tried that, but the game automatically recreates a new patched file on boot up. It appears the patch is undeletable. Fcuk

So from looking at people's reports on the Sidhe forum, it seems that you're basically screwed if you don't have Live for Rugby Challenge. From a longevity perspective at least. If you can't move players from league to league then your career mode is ballsed from the beginning. Is it just 13 seasons of the same league, does anyone know?

Really want to get this game but very unimpressed with the looks of the 'patched' EU version.

the patch makes the game a hell of a lot better, the licensing issus are a pain in the ass though.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭petebricquette

the patch makes the game a hell of a lot better, the licensing issus are a pain in the ass though.

Cheers man. It's just very annoying as I don't have Live (no WiFi dongle thing for the 360) and I was really looking forward to a good in-depth career mode like the football and American football games have.

Last game at Aviva against England for Grand Slam.... lost 17-6

Ah FFS.

It's not perfect but it is the first in a hopefully long line of rugby challenge games that will get better with each iteration. If you like rugby and want to play a rugby computer game this is the only one to get. Rugby World Cup is a joke of a game, it was a complete waste of team licenses. Hopefully Sidhe can get these licenses for the next game.

The career is 13 season's with your chosen team/s you can pick either international & club or just one of them. It includes the world cup every 4 years, the heineken cup, six nations or tri/four nations every year as well as the domestic comps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 tosherhd

I had Rugby World Cup 2011 and it was pretty poor i must admit! Anybody know what day Jonah Lomu's is coming out?

Advertisement