Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5 - All questions, rumours, discussion goes here.

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

A bigger question about buying the 4S abroad is about Siri. Is the siri version native to that country? So if you buy it in the US will it be able to understand your West Cork accent? People should check this out before buying abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭touts

faceman wrote: »
    A bigger question about buying the 4S abroad is about Siri. Is the siri version native to that country? So if you buy it in the US will it be able to understand your West Cork accent? People should check this out before buying abroad.

Other non-approved accents are full of potential bugs and may even be a security weakness (proof: All of the 911 terrorists had non-iOS5 compatiable accents). iPhone users will have to adapt to the standard apple accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I would have assumed it would be set to whatever region the itunes account used to set it up is based in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

touts wrote: »
    iPhone users will have to adapt to the standard apple accent.

Which would sound like???:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

touts wrote: »
    iPhone users will have to adapt to the standard apple accent.

It's no longer a case of Apple saying "you're holding it wrong", now it's " you're saying it wrong"

Reminds me of that clip of the two Scottish lads getting stuck inside a voice activated lift and they are trying to speaking with American accents to get it to work:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I imagine that in the settings, there is a section for Siri where you pick the region.
    I'm getting one soon enough. So i'll report back

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Green Mile

Yes, this is an old thread. I've been posting here before as I was following the launch of the iPhone 5 (or rather 4s) last year. I hope it's ok?!!

Anyway, the iPhone 5 will be on display at Apples showcase tomorrow at 18:00 00GMT.

My question is:
    Can I watch the event live online? If not, where best can I watch a repeat (on the same day)?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Green Mile wrote: »
    My question is:
    Can I watch the event live online? If not, where best can I watch a repeat (on the same day)?

Unofficially, probably. Officially, no.
    Best bet is to like cult of mac or something on facebook and watch the stream they put up or that they are using.
    What you will be able to see is still images with audio and maybe a log of what is being said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

Green Mile wrote: »
    My question is:
    Think the 4s launch was shown on a youtube channel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

I watch from www.apple.com late in the evening in Ireland.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement