Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

mmmm scones! Perfect on rainy wednesdays :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

An LBT forum

hmmm...

Lettuce, Bacon, Tomato :)

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

Mmmm pick n mix jellies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

stephen_n wrote: »
    Did the photoshoot for this years Emerald Warriors catalogue yesterday! The make up guy looked at the tattoos on my chest and asked were they my kids. When I responded yes he said oh that's sweet how many other straight guys are on the team. I didn't bother correcting him but find it amusing that bi-sexuality is not even considered a possibility :-)

or that Gay people could have children of their own

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Results just out Got a 2.1 Masters - close to a first

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Congrats :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

Aishae wrote: »
    Mmmm pick n mix jellies

Ahh Starved :p

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Congrats man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Also: I know there are a few gamers on here- I think you might enjoy this

:D

• Advertisement

Congrats mango!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

TylerIE wrote: »
    or that Gay people could have children of their own

True I know a few people that do, it's just the thought only straight males have children I suppose that I found amusing.

I feel too grown up. I am preparing for an icy winter and a shift to cold weather already- I don't want to get caught out this year! (Ended up waiting for a bus in Laois doing fieldwork last December- 2 hours in -11 degrees is not fun. When I started to feel myself falling asleep I got super scared...)

So I have bought a pair of those ice grip shoe cover things, and I'm researching wool boot liners for my Docs. God, I miss the time when my parents had to deal with this and all I had to do was go "SNOW!!!!!!!!!" and run around like a lunatic.

RIP Steve Jobs :(

Oh my God. That's actually a huge shock. RIP indeed. :( The man was a genius, for sure.

Bandc I bought a pair of those ice grippers when the last big freeze was thawing - for next time. I just hope they work!

R.I.P Steve jobs. He did a lot for technology

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Those ice gripper things are great, walking around feeling like a boss while everyone else slides all over the place :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I must buy a pair of ice gripper things. After the snow melted last year the meltwater froze over so my estate was like an ice rink. I remember marching around so I was less likely to slip. It works but I looked like an idiot.

It works but I looked like an idiot.

No it does not - i tried it and landed on my h*le

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

oh ya i must get some as well! how much are they? during the snow last year i just didn't go outside but i guess that's a tad anti-social :D

• Advertisement

£15 + shipping on Amazon for the walker model. Have been meaning to order them.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

great thanks, i better get them soon incase all this talk about snow in october, does in fact happen

allydylan wrote: »
    great thanks, i better get them soon incase all this talk about snow in october, does in fact happen
    I got mine in dunnes for 15 euro. I've seen em since.

Walked up to mam earlier with a plate. 'why did you buy all of those muffins???'
    Oh thinks I. They look good enough.
    I said 'ER I made them...'
    When she got over her heart attack she said 'lie!!'
    She had no complaints after eating one and no one is dead.
    Score!

Friend of mine asked 'did you just have a mad notion to start baking today?'
    Me 'pretty much, I was eating a muffin in BB's and thought I wanna make these'

Bbs do the best crunchy top muffins but 2.30 a piece

Apple n cinnamon FTW!

Aishae you legend :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Hiya everyone :) I'm new to this forum :D I hope everyone is well.

Nice to see more Dream Theater fans around here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

First user to actually get my Avatar :D Dream Theater are my favorite band!

I think I'm going to fit in here nicely :)

Aishae wrote: »
    I got mine in dunnes for 15 euro. I've seen em since.

Walked up to mam earlier with a plate. 'why did you buy all of those muffins???'
    Oh thinks I. They look good enough.
    I said 'ER I made them...'
    When she got over her heart attack she said 'lie!!'
    She had no complaints after eating one and no one is dead.
    Score!

Friend of mine asked 'did you just have a mad notion to start baking today?'
    Me 'pretty much, I was eating a muffin in BB's and thought I wanna make these'

Bbs do the best crunchy top muffins but 2.30 a piece

Apple n cinnamon FTW!

I got my ice grippers for €14.99 in Decwells hardware on Georgres St. handy yokes.

And I LOVE baking. If I'm having a rubbish day or feeling crap I bake. I have some recipes that have been handed down through my family and, if I may so so, are AMAZEBALLS. I tend not to eat much of my baking though, I usually bring them in to the office.

There's something to satisfying about baking, producing something like that, isn't there? And they are so cheap, like a batch of 12 muffins will cost like, less than a fiver in ingredients!

I haven't baked since school! So the fact they came out grand is gas. I'm the girl that blew up the microwave cooking a sausage roll (I was 9 but no one will let me forget it even though it's not like I've cooked since - that story shall pass down through the generations like the one about my treat granny being thrown in the joy for selling fruit outside a church)

I enjoyed it. Gonna try banana nut ones next

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I give up on women :rolleyes:

What's everyones plans for the weekend? :)

Advertisement