Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

God the X Factor is really terrible this year

Took the words outta my mouth - seriously !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Anyone else following the thread in AH about How you would would feel if your child was gay? Some of the posts are very overwhelming :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Anyone else following the thread in AH about How you would would feel if your child was gay? Some of the posts are very overwhelming :(:(

Happens every few months in one form or another on AH, I wouldn't take any notice. 1st world problems huh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

BanzaiBk wrote: »

Happens every few months in one form or another on AH, I wouldn't take any notice. 1st world problems huh.
    It's depressing reading. Ive seen worse in AH though. At least the majority seem to be saying they'd be ok with it. Normally it's the majority being homophobic whilst saying "im not homophobic but.... Gay people shouldn't be able to adopt

oh never mind them the vast majority are a bunch of no good trolls anyway .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,982 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

That thread in AH is not as bad as I'd expected. I have seen much much worse there.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

oh never mind them the vast majority are a bunch of no good trolls anyway.

That's what happens when a collective bunch of chimpanzees get their hands on a computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

That's what happens when a collective bunch of chimpanzees get their hands on a computer.

Unfortunately those same chimpanzees have votes... And a lot of them probably feel stronger than many more liberals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

oh never mind them the vast majority are a bunch of no good trolls anyway .

I wouldn't be so hast to brandish it as trolling. A lot of people in this country still have backward views in relation to homosexuality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Yeah you're right, it's just sad that people are still so closed minded about these things.. what can you do eh?

It aggravating seeing posts like "The child is gay because the parents are gay" They make it out as if it's a life decision!

How does being attracted to a person of the same sex define the type of person you are and what type of parent you could be? :mad:

Sorry about the rant :)

• Advertisement

Yeah you're right, it's just sad that people are still so closed minded about these things.. what can you do eh?

It aggravating seeing posts like "The child is gay because the parents are gay" They make it out as if it's a life decision!

How does being attracted to a person of the same sex define the type of person you are and what type of parent you could be? :mad:

Sorry about the rant :)

i see that often though. people saying off the cuff comments like 'if they decide to be gay...'
    and as for the child issue - the reasoning is usually disguised as worry that any child with a gay parent will get a thrashing and grow up thinking gay is normal. but in fact sounds just like a way to hide their prejudice.
    i understand that there would be some genuine concern for some. but in all seriousness. there are so many kids in foster care or orphanages and not enough people to take them. or possibly there would be if they didnt discriminate so much as to who can adopt and speed up the process a bit for the rest.

bed bound for the day - entertain me b!tches :P

bed bound for the day - entertain me b!tches :P
    `you can have a virtual muffin from the batch in the oven then :cool:

or will we just dance around in chicken costumes? :pac:

Aishae wrote: »
    `you can have a virtual muffin from the batch in the oven then :cool:

or will we just dance around in chicken costumes? :pac:

have i mentioned I love you Aishae?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

That thread in AH is not as bad as I'd expected. I have seen much much worse there.

I too was expecting much worse, the mods have really cracked down on most of the blatant and nasty bigotry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Met a boardsie today, she was cute too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

My Dad came up last night and we had a big chat. Lots of heart to heart stuff, whereupon he told me that my coming out 8 years ago has changed how he views gay people, and now he views gay people as just the same as everyone else.

It was his first time ever saying "gay" with me in the room. He even apologised for saying some ill advised words (he never meant them badly, he just didn't know exactly what language to use) and said he felt awful about it.

I knew he was ok with it generally, but hearing that from him, a proper Irish Dad, made my day.

So, see guys? Coming out, while parents can be weird and say odd stuff that might hurt, can be totally worth it in the end.

:)

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Met a boardsie today, she was cute too :P

*keeps ears open* who -who -who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

My Dad came up last night and we had a big chat. Lots of heart to heart stuff, whereupon he told me that my coming out 8 years ago has changed how he views gay people, and now he views gay people as just the same as everyone else.

It was his first time ever saying "gay" with me in the room. He even apologised for saying some ill advised words (he never meant them badly, he just didn't know exactly what language to use) and said he felt awful about it.

I knew he was ok with it generally, but hearing that from him, a proper Irish Dad, made my day.

So, see guys? Coming out, while parents can be weird and say odd stuff that might hurt, can be totally worth it in the end.

:)

That's awesome :) Love these kinda stories! I'll come out one day I swear :p

How's your PhD going by the way?

way cool bandc - your dad sounds great :D
    when i came out my mam said 'i know' (she figured it out before i did)
    my dad is grand. weve had a few funny moments about it. this hot lady walked past a few years ago. she had knee high f*ck me boots on and basically denim hot pants, a cow boy hat as well. now normally im not into in your face sexy but she had an amazing arse. dad and i had been walking along together when she passed. we both looked back and perved a bit then looked at each other realising we both perved at the same time and burst out laughing :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Aishae wrote: »
    when i came out my mam said 'i know' (she figured it out before i did)
    Same here, mammies have a bit of a sixth sense.

Same here, mammies have a bit of a sixth sense.

they do - honestly... she said she'd figured it out the way i talked about women. wish she'd have enlightened me, so :rolleyes:

307379_124509257654573_118031484969017_115269_1059340118_n.jpg

oooh sexy (!)

That's awesome :) Love these kinda stories! I'll come out one day I swear :p
    ?
    you better so i can date you and show you off to the world as the most wonderful weirdo I've ever known:p

you better so i can date you and show you off to the world as the most wonderful weirdo I've ever known:p

Haha

How was your date the other night?

Haha

How was your date the other night?

worst date ever - she kept fake laughing then -get this- she spits into my glass.

I just left after that

worst date ever - she kept fake laughing then -get this- she spits into my glass.

I just left after that

:eek: why did she spit in your glass?? :confused:

:eek: why did she spit in your glass?? :confused:

I dont know - she started laughing after she did It thats why i just got up and left

thats just bizarre :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

that's weird and disgusting, i've never heard of anyone doing that before

wow this thread has 3,000 posts now :O

Advertisement