Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

The problem is, I'm out and she's done knowing to educate herself. Since I've come out, she's gotten a hundred times worse with no end in sight. I've had to delay transition because of her until I can move out and be on my own.

Good luck with your transition and your move, still hold onto hope though... when it becomes more real for her she will hopefully realise that she's still your mum and loves you no matter what :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

duplicate post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

agh mums. they really can be the worst at times.
    keeping your bedroom tidy and abiding to their rules is one thing (in their home) but them acting all 'transition, in MY home?!' is beyond the pale. feck her....
    you might even find you get on better with her when you arent living with her. she will also probably miss you. lets hope this can happen soon for you ITMA

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I hope I can get away soon too. Not for the sake of it, but for my sanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

<snip>

I would have been a little like that before I came out.

The only guy I met who had a problem with it turned out to be an absolute twat himself - and ironically was quite closeted himself in many ways - he was only really out "on scene" and to close friends/family.

If he liked you and is a decent guy I strongly doubt it will put him off. If ye hit it off good I can see that in the future he may want to discuss if you will ever want to come out, etc, as it sometimes can be hard to have a proper long term relationship if one of ye is in the closet.

Re people from your college, theres pretty much an unspoken (And sometimes spoken) policy among college LGBT societies of not outing people.

Id been spotted a few times by one member of our college LGBT society before I was out and he hadnt even told a few of the other members (cue awkwardness when I assumed they knew at a later point).

Even if they are not LGBT society types, there does kinda seem to be minimal "Outing" of people just cause they are spotted in a gay venue > perhaps just cause to the people who seen you, being in a gay venue is no big deal, so why would they go shouting it... And for that matter many people who go to gay venues are straight and there with friends...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

@ Killer Pigeon - don't worry about it! Your behaviour is perfectly understandable for someone who's not out. I know whenever I'm at a gay event/meetup or in a gay bar I'm always looking over my shoulder making sure nobody I know is there. It's a bad attitude to have but it's natural to be nervous about these things if you're not ready to come out.

It seems like the guy was really understanding of it all and if you both suggested to meet up again then it seems to be going well! Have you talked to him/texted him since?

If you meet up with him again, maybe suggest a non-gay venue where you can relax and chat and get to know him better.

Kp I'd say knowing you weren't really out he expected some little moments like that. We've all been there.

*string of expletives* my surgery next week was postponed till the following week due to a conference. That's not bad. It's just cutting it fine as I travel in November

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Anxiety attacks all over the place today :o Sometimes I really wonder if I'm cut out for this world at all.
    One of those days ! I was the same all morning .Making presentations aren't fun :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

One of those days ! I was the same all morning .Making presentations aren't fun :(

Awww, I love presenting. It's the best! A whole room full of people who HAVE to listen to me an pay attention. Awesome. :D

Guys bout time there was some great news in here - I'm single ;)

Ladies form an orderly Queue and no pushing :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I suppose I'll have to wait for Aishae and JCY to be done with you first :p

I think i saw ITMA and jaffa at fisticuffs in the carpark :eek:

im orderiing a new flap for the photobag i have - i really shouldnt have mentioned it right after i was talking about willies and widdly bits with dad, his mind went awol (long story... juno the dog ate spicy noodles then proceeded to lick her hole... i heard Johnny Cash in my head 'i went down, in a burning ring of fire....')
    i come from crazy stock :pac:

Aishae wrote: »
    I think i saw ITMA and jaffa at fisticuffs in the carpark :eek:

im orderiing a new flap for the photobag i have - i really shouldnt have mentioned it right after i was talking about willies and widdly bits with dad, his mind went awol (long story... juno the dog ate spicy noodles then proceeded to lick her hole... i heard Johnny Cash in my head 'i went down, in a burning ring of fire....')
    i come from crazy stock :pac:

seriously babe what are you on ? :P ....didn't mum teach you to share :D

ha!! a little sunday scratching post leaning

314861_2268279378752_1001581877_32652869_240909303_n.jpg

ha!! a little sunday scratching post leaning

314861_2268279378752_1001581877_32652869_240909303_n.jpg

bout time you uploaded a pic of yourself Aishae :p

The girl i really like just kissed another girl right in front of me :(

That sucks. Did she know how you felt?

Correction, she kissed two different girls right in front of me. I think she did know..and if she didnt at the time she certainly does now cos stupid drunk me had to send her a text later on that night

Correction, she kissed two different girls right in front of me. I think she did know..and if she didnt at the time she certainly does now cos stupid drunk me had to send her a text later on that night
    Phones need a breathalyser so we can't drink and drunk call / drink and text!

If she knew then that sucks. Even if she didn't feel the same she didn't show consideration there.

Phones need a breathalyser so we can't drink and drunk call / drink and text!

If she knew then that sucks. Even if she didn't feel the same she didn't show consideration there.

She is a proper <snip> for doing that hey if you need to vent just pm me hun - ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Arrived in the uk for college yesterday, wife came over for the night and just put her on the train back to Luton airport. Heartbroken.

Yeah, well she was extremely drunk but that kinda made it hurt more - that even when she's that drunk I'm not good enough for her. I always kinda knew that I wanted more out of us than she did (as in, more than just sex) but I was fine with that. But now she doesn't even want me for that :rolleyes: I suppose it's my own fault for assuming there was something there.
    She is a proper <snip> for doing that hey if you need to vent just pm me hun - ok?

Thanks pal. Sorry to hear about you and your gf by the way.
    RiseToMe wrote: »
    Arrived in the uk for college yesterday, wife came over for the night and just put her on the train back to Luton airport. Heartbroken.

Ah no. How long will you be in the UK for? Is she considering moving there with you?

I'm starting to think I'm the only person that doesn't give a flying f"ck about sex!
    Honestly - gis a movie, a box of chocs, possibly a snuggle and a smooch.
    I love having a dirty mind though. I'm partial to a bloody good double entrende

Thanks pal. Sorry to hear about you and your gf by the way.

babe its cool she thinks monogamy is f*ckin other women before I come visit her:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Yeah, well she was extremely drunk but that kinda made it hurt more - that even when she's that drunk I'm not good enough for her. I always kinda knew that I wanted more out of us than she did (as in, more than just sex) but I was fine with that. But now she doesn't even want me for that :rolleyes: I suppose it's my own fault for assuming there was something there.

Woah woah woah nothing in that situation is your fault at all Hun. First things first, get that idea of your head.
    What she did was really dismissive and uncalled for.
    The basis of all relationships with somebody is respect whether that relationship is mutually exclusive or not.
    As much it hurts right now and will for, possibly a long time it's not as much as it couldve hurt if you ended up even more involved.
    This is all a reflection on her not you.

Only here for a few weeks until I'm home again and then back after Xmas but we're only home from honeymoon and the longest we've spent apart in like a bazillion years has been like 4 nights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

So I waas out for my early morning cycle today. There I was, cycling away happily until I notice that some car is trying to drive me into a ditch. I usually am totally zen on the bike but it was going on for at least 2 minutes and was really starting to grate. Accelerating, braking, weaving.

I'm furiously waving them on, beckoning them to overtake me. Someone starts beeping the horn. Livid now, I turn into the ditch and hop off my bike. In my head I start to rile myself up, ready to start the yelling. Turning around I see the car has now also come to a stop and I can make out the figures of 3 women sitting in the car. I hear the passenger door unlock and I become a bit worried.Unclipping my helmet I walk over to the car as the other two doors click open. Smoke clouds and waves of perfume gush out to the fresh air before 3 imposing ladies walk to the front of the car.

This is middle of nowhere Cork countryside.

It is a little after half seven in the morning.

Three drag queens are lost and looking for directions after performing in the city overnight.

Yikes! Probably not the best (or safest) way to get some help

babe its cool she thinks monogamy is f*ckin other women before I come visit her:rolleyes:

Seriously??? <snip> :mad:
    RiseToMe wrote: »
    Woah woah woah nothing in that situation is your fault at all Hun. First things first, get that idea of your head.
    What she did was really dismissive and uncalled for.
    The basis of all relationships with somebody is respect whether that relationship is mutually exclusive or not.
    As much it hurts right now and will for, possibly a long time it's not as much as it couldve hurt if you ended up even more involved.
    This is all a reflection on her not you.

Only here for a few weeks until I'm home again and then back after Xmas but we're only home from honeymoon and the longest we've spent apart in like a bazillion years has been like 4 nights!

Ah I know but like I shouldn't have got myself involved when I knew it was just sex. Well, I thought there was a small chance of something more but I was just clutching at straws really. We weren't exclusive. In that way, it's my own fault for letting myself get so attached to the idea of being with her. But anyway, we'll see how things pan out! We haven't talked about it. I don't know whether I should bring it up to see once and for all if I have a chance with her :rolleyes:

Oh well at least you'll see her before Christmas :) That must be hard though if you haven't gone 4 nights away from her in ages!! Where did you go on your honeymoon? Congratulations by the way!

Seriously??? What a <snip> :mad:

Ah I know but like I shouldn't have got myself involved when I knew it was just sex. Well, I thought there was a small chance of something more but I was just clutching at straws really. We weren't exclusive. In that way, it's my own fault for letting myself get so attached to the idea of being with her. But anyway, we'll see how things pan out! We haven't talked about it. I don't know whether I should bring it up to see once and for all if I have a chance with her :rolleyes:
    !

IF I was you I'd personally just cut my loses and move on .
    I know what I'm about to say will hurt - she clearly doesnt think much of you if she was doing what she did
    So now the ball being in your court - I'd just walk away darlin' :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,055 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Please stop using abusive language beginning with C and B

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement