Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Did the photoshoot for this years Emerald Warriors catalogue yesterday! The make up guy looked at the tattoos on my chest and asked were they my kids. When I responded yes he said oh that's sweet how many other straight guys are on the team. I didn't bother correcting him but find it amusing that bi-sexuality is not even considered a possibility :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

So lunchtime first day of college and walked into canteen with all my class. It's like america. The black guy the Asian kid and lesbian (me!) are the only ones sitting at tables on their own. Thank god for smartphones.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

What are you studying RTM. Really came into my own in College, was a bit of a bauld bítch.

What are you studying RTM. Really came into my own in College, was a bit of a bauld bítch.

Doing a science based degree.

Aye im staying with two students who I get on like a house on fire with but I've previous quals so they are in different groups to me and we only cross for a few lectures a day.

At least it means I can study hard for the day and then get an early start on the drinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

@Jaffa- if it helps a few months before my GF and I got together she kissed a guy in front of me in the George. She was drunk and really pissed I wasn't making a move on her, so in her infinite wisdom (?) she thought making me jealous would be the best possible plan. :rolleyes: So you never know, but you should have it out with her, for sure.

@RiseToMe- I know how you feel, I'm in my 3rd long distance stint with my GF, she's in London for college too- it really blows. Have you got all your bases covered? Need any tips on how to manage the time away? By this stage I am zen master of LDR's...

• Advertisement

@RiseToMe- I know how you feel, I'm in my 3rd long distance stint with my GF, she's in London for college too- it really blows. Have you got all your bases covered? Need any tips on how to manage the time away? By this stage I am zen master of LDR's...

Just back from college n took a spin to the shops with housemates. Aye it's tough being away. Thankfully the first day really distracted me, think it'll be the weekends that will prove tough.

RiseToMe wrote: »
    Just back from college n took a spin to the shops with housemates. Aye it's tough being away. Thankfully the first day really distracted me, think it'll be the weekends that will prove tough.

Well, we do 2 things that really help feel close to each other.

1) Watch something on TV/ DVD/ downloaded at the same time, and be on gchat or whatever making comments at the same time. We tend to watch x-factor and Glee doing that. It's great, it makes you feel like they're there, a little. really helps to know you're doing the same thing at the same time. Plus if you can make one of them a Saturday night thing, it acts as a date. almost. Something to look forward to. I know what you mean about weekends, they're horrible.

2) We send a picture on email or MMS to each other every day. Like, something stupid we see, or a pic of us in what we're wearing that day. This one is especially important if one of you is away and they other maybe doesn't now what the area you hang out in looks like, or whatever. it helps as well when you're chatting about your day if they know what your desk in the library looks like, or the inside of the bus, or whatever. This one was a lifesaver when herself was in China for 3 months.

HUGS! it sucks eggs.

Well, we do 2 things that really help feel close to each other.

1) Watch something on TV/ DVD/ downloaded at the same time, and be on gchat or whatever making comments at the same time. We tend to watch x-factor and Glee doing that. It's great, it makes you feel like they're there, a little. really helps to know you're doing the same thing at the same time. Plus if you can make one of them a Saturday night thing, it acts as a date. almost. Something to look forward to. I know what you mean about weekends, they're horrible.

2) We send a picture on email or MMS to each other every day. Like, something stupid we see, or a pic of us in what we're wearing that day. This one is especially important if one of you is away and they other maybe doesn't now what the area you hang out in looks like, or whatever. it helps as well when you're chatting about your day if they know what your desk in the library looks like, or the inside of the bus, or whatever. This one was a lifesaver when herself was in China for 3 months.

HUGS! it sucks eggs.

Cheers darlin.

Had a nice evening with housemates, we all had dinner and then did our assignments together and just cracked open a few bottles. Helps with the loneliness.
    Wife is away in Europe with work for a few days so once she's back I'm gonna start the things you recommended it's a real smart idea, thanks a million x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

I dont stay single long at all - just waiting for the auditions for the next gf to close I think found another potential suitor :D

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

Since we're on the topic of long distant relationships, in June next year my gf is of to Spain [or another Spanish speaking country] for 7 and a 1/2 months
    kinda worried about it tbh :confused: but it's not tell June so i'm trying not to think about it

• Advertisement

allydylan wrote: »
    Since we're on the topic of long distant relationships, in June next year my gf is of to Spain [or another Spanish speaking country] for 7 and a 1/2 months
    kinda worried about it tbh :confused: but it's not tell June so i'm trying not to think about it

Well, let's hope it's Spain, because at least that's in the same time zone (which helps hugely!)

What are you worried about? That you'll loose that connection? That she'll stray? That you'll stray? Those things could all happen- there's no gaurantees. But out of the last two years I've been long distance with my GF for 16 months. It's really really hard. But if it's somewhere that's within reasonable distance, my advice is to make sure that you always know when you're going to see each other next. If that's next weekend, great, if it's next month, fine, but just KNOW when it is. And make sure that the travel back and forth is equal. Don't assume she'll come home loads, or that you'll always be the one visiting. It quickly becomes a case of "well if she's not bothered to come home, why am I bothering with visiting?" and all that rubbish. it starts about flights but it can soon become about investment in the relationship.

It sucks, guys, but I've noticed more and more lately it's becomming a feature of a lot of peoples lives, as one partner has to go away to look for work, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

If I ever have a gf and if one of us has to move away, I'm totally going to baby and crumble for some advice :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My week off work is turning into a total sleepfest. 10 hours sleep last night and I'm giving a lot of consideration to a nap in the next while...

My week off work is turning into a total sleepfest. 10 hours sleep last night and I'm giving a lot of consideration to a nap in the next while...

Haha love it! That's not like you though, right? I always get the impression you're super woman from all the running and stuff you do :p

Speaking of fitness, been doing 2 hours of intense boxing training and a 40 min uphill cycle home recently. Has me wrecked! Not gonna be able to keep all this up on top of college work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Am very envious!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I dont stay single long at all - just waiting for the auditions for the next gf to close I think found another potential suitor :D

That's quick. The single life is torturous. I don't like the idea of having to explain transition to any woman.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Haha love it! That's not like you though, right? I always get the impression you're super woman from all the running and stuff you do :p
    It's really not like me, unfortunately. I've had issues lately with low iron levels, and that's basically sabotaged my running for the last month. Frustrating, but these things happen. :(

That's quick. The single life is torturous. I don't like the idea of having to explain transition to any woman.

It must be so hard to meet lesbian/bi women when you haven't transitioned yet :( Hope you're keeping well though! Any luck with finding work?

It's really not like me, unfortunately. I've had issues lately with low iron levels, and that's basically sabotaged my running for the last month. Frustrating, but these things happen. :(

Yup I learned that lesson the hard way. Ran a half marathon a day after donating blood. Now that I think about it, it was fúcking stupid.

It must be so hard to meet lesbian/bi women when you haven't transitioned yet :(

I don't even try.
    Hope you're keeping well though! Any luck with finding work?

Getting there but haven't had an interview in ages.

• Advertisement

If I ever have a gf and if one of us has to move away, I'm totally going to baby and crumble for some advice :D

an awesome chick like you wont stay single long - chin up babes;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

went swimming earlier - i tend to go once or twice a week but hadent the last couple. thought id better get a few laps in, build up the ole stamina for mexico.

long story short - i had surgery in aug last year to remove a spinal tumour which they couldnt get at but they tried. so that left the ole legs in a bit of a drunken-looking-aishae state. i was on a rolling walking frame till january when i met up with my cousin for coffee, whereupon we decide we're going to central america later in the year (id been saving years but didnt know where id go) so i said... right, im not taking the freaking roller there.
    started using the walking stick some days when i could manage. after a couple of weeks i always used the stick unless i was going out for the day. byu march, the only time i took the roller out was when i needed a lot of grocery shopping (cos its handy :P) and when i go swimming, poolside is a wobbly place.

tonight i went swimming with just the stick. and i also left the stick in the locker. i was wobbly and probably looked slightly locko but it was done.

bring on mexico. :pac:

Get in there Aishae !!! :D

an awesome chick like you wont stay single long - chin up babes;)

'Stay' single? More like 'continue to be single' :D Story of my life :( :pac:

On a positive note, go Aishae! Keep up the swimming! It'll be great for ya :)

i tell you, there is no better physio than aqua aerobics. i started that last oct, my aunt suggested i join her class.
    so i now i mix that with regular swims.

'Stay' single? More like 'continue to be single' :D Story of my life :( :pac:

clearly the girls near you are brain dead.

Aishae I love how your posts make me smile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭MOSSAD

Came across this on youtube-looking for songs for the nieces and nephews-all sorts of versions of Kermit the Frog's "the Rainbow Connection", this one caught me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTb9-eDmvKQ
    God what a voice!

i cannot smile
    so i make other people do it

cheaper than plastic surgery :D

too many good people on the shelf. i wager theyre all a spanner short of a toolbox (the others who dont see these good people on said shelf)

I cant mum I've a date Saturday
    mum: wtf you only just broke up with a girl :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

Aishae wrote: »
    i cannot smile
    so i make other people do it

aw :) *hugs hugs!!!!*

Advertisement