Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst place you've been hit?

• 07-10-2011 1:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Just home from a CQB game in Cork and got hit in a few sore places, I know airsoft is essentially getting hit by a projectile and is gonna hurt but theres always gonna be those spots that are extra sore...

The worst place I've ever been hit would probably be the skin just above the nail on my finger, still hurts over 2 1/2 hrs later! after that then theres loads of places, forehead, ear lobe, nose, back can be sore too... oh yea cheekbone is sore too if you don't have a mask on!

I know two guys who got their teeth chipped also that can't be nice!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Hit in the ear on a cold day and before I had time to run around and get the adrenaline going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Front tooth, chipped the bloody thing. Expensive fix too. :(
    & a busted ankle, slipped on wet ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Had a few blackened thumbnails over the years. Wear gloves :-)

Have kneeled on my fair share of hidden rocks. Wear kneepads :-)

Still have my photo somewhere of my mouth after it got a burst of full auto from a drogheda gun at berget 7, 3mm higher and that was definitely my bottom teeth gone, lip swelled up for a few hours. Still don't wear face pro :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Worst for me was a nut shot from about 15ft,top of my ear and inbetween 2 of my knuckles.

It was a shot to the chest that caused me to mess up my knee and fall in a shurub of nettle wareing a t-shirt tho :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭mememo

I have being lucky so far only had one really sore hit i dropped a mag and while bending down to pick it up i got hit in the spine just at the base of my neck by some guy from around 10ft away i swear he was not there when i started to pick up the mag i think some airsofters unfairly employ magical teleportation techniques :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Right in the ear canal. I had a pain there for about a month afterwards.

Wear, er, ear protection people! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Back of the throat. I was in the middle of shouting something and took one round straight to the back of my throat (steady now...).
    Cue instant gag-reflex and a lot of coughing for a few minutes. Evidentally, I swallowed it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Anywhere skin is tight on bone will hurt to get shot in. The worst places for me are the unexpected ones - I wear lower mesh mask w/goggles, and it's the shots that creep in that hurt more, cause you feel like you're protected there.

The worst time being shot though was paintball; got shot in my recently healed collarbone, but there's a nerve that sits in front of it now, and my arm literally went dead for about 5 - 7 minutes...mostly due to the surface area of the paintball though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Full auto burst to the crotch from a couple of inches away. I still Tear up thinking about it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

On a monthly trip to Predator a few years ago I snuck up on a 'newbie' with an AK Spetnaz.
    Tapped him on the shoulder and offered him a bang kill, he literally jumped out of his skin and his finger seemed to stick on the trigger.
    I got blasted from a few inches across the chin lips and cheek.
    I was cut along the whole bb path and both lips were split. Ouch!!

I know keep my mouth covered with mesh or a shemagh.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

First hit I ever took was to my left ear lobe.
    Yum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭Thehandviolent

i got shot on the arse on wed by my own team member from about two feet away, still painful to sit down, not the worst but the most annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

Playing the warehouse, lads decided to turn of all lights and do night scenario, from about 3 feet my own teammate got spooked and full auto'd me in the nuts:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 GHOST_WARRIOR

Got a Burst to the Crotch one time... Left Testi and the meat, but thankfully the meat took most the shots!

Fingernail once...

More Recently some exposed love handle at close range.... that left a mark!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

More Recently some exposed love handle at close range.... that left a mark!

Airsoft: The best of the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Most painful for me was the ear. Stung for about five minutes while I sat there 'bleeding', too exposed for the medics to come get me.

About 20 minutes later my ear started to get really, really painful. Put up with it for the next hour, then I went back to the safe area, which is a cabin, thinking it might be the cold air or something.

Took some kit off while I had a quick bite to eat, then realised my ear was a little itchy. Tentatively scratched it and... the BB I'd been hit with earlier fell out of my ear! :pac: Was fine after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

on a cold day in the warehouse in one burst i was hit on the tendon for my right hand index finger making my trigger finger unusable, and on the big muscles that runs down the side of your neck [i'm not a doctor so i don't know it's proper name]

suffice to say it was unplesant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

The tip of the ear, that stung.

But recently, full auto to the nipple at 2 metres... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

SgtBob wrote: »

But recently, full auto to the nipple at 2 metres... :(

kinky :D

for me, getting hit in the neck from about 10 feet with 3 8mm bb's from a shotgun, ouch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭thebillynator

Adams apple from about 8 feet, double tap in CQB! Felt like i swallowed it....

Also was standing too close to a stained glass window and some glass splintered into my cheek, because some kid was testing "da power of me pelleh gun"...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

In cqb vs a chinese team, wearing gloves but got hit about 1 foot away on the knuckle, it bent back with the force i was hit with.

Couldn't even shout out with the pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

In the face from 10 feet away by about 6 rental players, couldn't even shout hit from being bombarded with BB's. had to scream at the top of my lungs for them to stop...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Sligo. Theres no where worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

horgan_p wrote: »
    Sligo. Theres no where worse.

Yes..There Is....Roscommon.......

Yes..There Is....Roscommon.......

or leitrim...................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

i was shot in the Dardanelles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

In my wallet...

In my wallet...

thats the one place ive been hit that ill never recover from :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

Saw a lad In RedBarn in april get shot in the nuts....TWICE !!!!!!! his reaction was funny to say the least couldn't even stand up the second time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

Saw a lad In RedBarn in april get shot in the nuts....TWICE !!!!!!! his reaction was funny to say the least couldn't even stand up the second time!

At the risk of jinxing myself, i've actually never been shot in the nuts... I can imagine the pain alrite tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Mr. Tezza wrote: »
    At the risk of jinxing myself, i've actually never been shot in the nuts... I can imagine the pain alrite tho!

That's the kiss of death. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

I actually shot a guy in the nuts five seperate times in a game, twice with a rifle and 3 times with my pistol and he returned the favour by sneaking up on me and getting me on the inside thigh just down from the sack as i was lying down with my rifle! now that hurt the most actuallt thought i needed a medic for real

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Shadow Mozez

First time ever playing in a CQB site in Dublin. Thought to myself "they have my whole body to hit, hands will be ok". NEVER again from that day on would I play without gloves. Got hit on afew finger knucles(bad speller) still sore two months later. Second worst place roof of my mouth, dunno how? But hurt like hell. Never in the balls thank god. :) haha

• Registered Users Posts: 15 frostbite

A single shot to the tip at very close range not a pleasant memory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

To the tip of what ????? LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

I got hit in the back of the throat and up the nosteral in the same day.Both were experiences I wish to forget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Full auto from above me to the top of my skull in G-TAC Urban a few years ago. I was not wearing any head protection (hat or helmet) at the time and it was the worst pain I had come across. Went back to the respawn and returned to the game only to have the same guy shoot me in the same place again!!!!!! BBs broke the skin and it bled a bit for a few minutes. I was not impressed.
    I never skirmish without a hat any more (no hair on my head to cover the marks!) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I got absolutely riddled point blank range with an rpk and it fúckin cut my chest.

Just a few weeks ago i shot some poor bástard in the face with a multi shot shotgun and i felt so bad.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I got absolutely riddled point blank range with an rpk and it fúckin cut my chest.

Just a few weeks ago i shot some poor bástard in the face with a multi shot shotgun and i felt so bad.

Now that's just mean, I got shot fair and square in the chest last nite, called giv and yer man shot me again in the head for gud measure, hurt like f**k...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Miscreant wrote: »
    Full auto from above me to the top of my skull in G-TAC Urban a few years ago. I was not wearing any head protection (hat or helmet) at the time and it was the worst pain I had come across. Went back to the respawn and returned to the game only to have the same guy shoot me in the same place again!!!!!! BBs broke the skin and it bled a bit for a few minutes. I was not impressed.
    I never skirmish without a hat any more (no hair on my head to cover the marks!) :D

Shooting a young fella in the top of the head with a pistol from a landing, and having him not take it, was the most impressive non hit taking I've witnessed. Had to have stung like ****, and he just kept coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭flashinbluelite

Can't think of any one worst place....but this thread does raise interesting questions and thoughts..... IF we all were hit in real war in the places we had been hit in airsoft there would have been alot of blue on blue but most importantly, the amount of "death" by crotch shot is shocking.....

Remember a team mate rubbing his eye under his goggle while under light cover and a bb hitting him on the cheak JUST below the eye...... Scary to hear "HIT" shouted with proper fear in ones voice!
    Keep those goggles on chaps....

[Dilios is putting a patch over his eye]
    King Leonidas: Dilios, I trust that "scratch" hasn't made you useless.
    Dilios: Hardly, my lord, it's just an eye. The gods saw fit to grace me with a spare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭GreenCarver

At my first time at a CQB site I got hit in the knuckle and it hurt like a bitch made a big blood blister, no worries though, somebody shot and burst it in the next game ! and for good measure the same guy shot me well, just about everywhere on my right hand including that knuckle just as the day was almost over. Needless to say I bought myself a good pair of gloves before going back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭Miscreant

At my first time at a CQB site I got hit in the knuckle and it hurt like a bitch made a big blood blister, no worries though, somebody shot and burst it in the next game ! and for good measure the same guy shot me well, just about everywhere on my right hand including that knuckle just as the day was almost over. Needless to say I bought myself a good pair of gloves before going back :)

Gloves, headgear, facemask and a "box" (to protect the frank and beans) seem to be the order of the day for CQB then.... at least for blokes! :D

Only been to two skirmishes and got hit in the face both times. A richochet got me on the chin right at the edge of my face mask the first time. Got shot full auto in the face at very close range the second time. Most of the bb's hit my goggles but one hit just above them and took a nice chunk of skin out of my forehead. Hurt like hell and didn't heal up for almost two weeks :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

First started wearing one of those special forces helmets with the gaps on the ears, never again, i actually got dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭thegrayson

Just under my jaw, right on top of the artery, nearly blacked out, kind of sat/fell down very heavily, head was very fuzzy for several minutes, neck muscles bunched up and cramped. Not pleasant at all. Will be wearing a shemagh next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lux-et-veritas

was down at the old G-TAC site, sneaking (or so i thought) through some scrub when i get riddled with a tommy gun, bb's started at mt knee and ran right up to the two vedge, couldent even say hit, just turned and waddled away...:eek:

was down at the old G-TAC site, sneaking (or so i thought) through some scrub when i get riddled with a tommy gun, bb's started at mt knee and ran right up to the two vedge, couldent even say hit, just turned and waddled away...:eek:

Ouch!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Worst place i've ever been hit?

Sweden, damn 700fps sniper:)

Skatedude wrote: »
    Worst place i've ever been hit?

Sweden, damn 700fps sniper:)

Wow, if it hurts being hit at 320fps or thereabouts I can't imagine what it feels like to get hit at 700fps!

• Advertisement
Advertisement