Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst place you've been hit?

• 07-10-2011 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

Just home from a CQB game in Cork and got hit in a few sore places, I know airsoft is essentially getting hit by a projectile and is gonna hurt but theres always gonna be those spots that are extra sore...

The worst place I've ever been hit would probably be the skin just above the nail on my finger, still hurts over 2 1/2 hrs later! after that then theres loads of places, forehead, ear lobe, nose, back can be sore too... oh yea cheekbone is sore too if you don't have a mask on!

I know two guys who got their teeth chipped also that can't be nice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Hit in the ear on a cold day and before I had time to run around and get the adrenaline going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Front tooth, chipped the bloody thing. Expensive fix too. :(
    & a busted ankle, slipped on wet ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Had a few blackened thumbnails over the years. Wear gloves :-)

Have kneeled on my fair share of hidden rocks. Wear kneepads :-)

Still have my photo somewhere of my mouth after it got a burst of full auto from a drogheda gun at berget 7, 3mm higher and that was definitely my bottom teeth gone, lip swelled up for a few hours. Still don't wear face pro :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Worst for me was a nut shot from about 15ft,top of my ear and inbetween 2 of my knuckles.

It was a shot to the chest that caused me to mess up my knee and fall in a shurub of nettle wareing a t-shirt tho :P

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭mememo

I have being lucky so far only had one really sore hit i dropped a mag and while bending down to pick it up i got hit in the spine just at the base of my neck by some guy from around 10ft away i swear he was not there when i started to pick up the mag i think some airsofters unfairly employ magical teleportation techniques :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Right in the ear canal. I had a pain there for about a month afterwards.

Wear, er, ear protection people! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Back of the throat. I was in the middle of shouting something and took one round straight to the back of my throat (steady now...).
    Cue instant gag-reflex and a lot of coughing for a few minutes. Evidentally, I swallowed it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Anywhere skin is tight on bone will hurt to get shot in. The worst places for me are the unexpected ones - I wear lower mesh mask w/goggles, and it's the shots that creep in that hurt more, cause you feel like you're protected there.

The worst time being shot though was paintball; got shot in my recently healed collarbone, but there's a nerve that sits in front of it now, and my arm literally went dead for about 5 - 7 minutes...mostly due to the surface area of the paintball though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Full auto burst to the crotch from a couple of inches away. I still Tear up thinking about it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

On a monthly trip to Predator a few years ago I snuck up on a 'newbie' with an AK Spetnaz.
    Tapped him on the shoulder and offered him a bang kill, he literally jumped out of his skin and his finger seemed to stick on the trigger.
    I got blasted from a few inches across the chin lips and cheek.
    I was cut along the whole bb path and both lips were split. Ouch!!

I know keep my mouth covered with mesh or a shemagh.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

First hit I ever took was to my left ear lobe.
    Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Thehandviolent

i got shot on the arse on wed by my own team member from about two feet away, still painful to sit down, not the worst but the most annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

Playing the warehouse, lads decided to turn of all lights and do night scenario, from about 3 feet my own teammate got spooked and full auto'd me in the nuts:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 GHOST_WARRIOR

Got a Burst to the Crotch one time... Left Testi and the meat, but thankfully the meat took most the shots!

Fingernail once...

More Recently some exposed love handle at close range.... that left a mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

More Recently some exposed love handle at close range.... that left a mark!

Airsoft: The best of the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Most painful for me was the ear. Stung for about five minutes while I sat there 'bleeding', too exposed for the medics to come get me.

About 20 minutes later my ear started to get really, really painful. Put up with it for the next hour, then I went back to the safe area, which is a cabin, thinking it might be the cold air or something.

Took some kit off while I had a quick bite to eat, then realised my ear was a little itchy. Tentatively scratched it and... the BB I'd been hit with earlier fell out of my ear! :pac: Was fine after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

on a cold day in the warehouse in one burst i was hit on the tendon for my right hand index finger making my trigger finger unusable, and on the big muscles that runs down the side of your neck [i'm not a doctor so i don't know it's proper name]

suffice to say it was unplesant

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

The tip of the ear, that stung.

But recently, full auto to the nipple at 2 metres... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

SgtBob wrote: »

But recently, full auto to the nipple at 2 metres... :(

kinky :D

for me, getting hit in the neck from about 10 feet with 3 8mm bb's from a shotgun, ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭thebillynator

Adams apple from about 8 feet, double tap in CQB! Felt like i swallowed it....

Also was standing too close to a stained glass window and some glass splintered into my cheek, because some kid was testing "da power of me pelleh gun"...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

In cqb vs a chinese team, wearing gloves but got hit about 1 foot away on the knuckle, it bent back with the force i was hit with.

Couldn't even shout out with the pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

In the face from 10 feet away by about 6 rental players, couldn't even shout hit from being bombarded with BB's. had to scream at the top of my lungs for them to stop...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Sligo. Theres no where worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

horgan_p wrote: »
    Sligo. Theres no where worse.

Yes..There Is....Roscommon.......

Yes..There Is....Roscommon.......

or leitrim...................

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

i was shot in the Dardanelles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

In my wallet...

In my wallet...

thats the one place ive been hit that ill never recover from :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

Saw a lad In RedBarn in april get shot in the nuts....TWICE !!!!!!! his reaction was funny to say the least couldn't even stand up the second time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

Saw a lad In RedBarn in april get shot in the nuts....TWICE !!!!!!! his reaction was funny to say the least couldn't even stand up the second time!

At the risk of jinxing myself, i've actually never been shot in the nuts... I can imagine the pain alrite tho!

Advertisement