Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Relationships :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

The yaa...ahh..h thread was a bit too happy and cheery so:
    I, for one, am disappointed in jumpguy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I have to walk to school and it's pissing rain! :(!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Yeah but I hate the college too.. :( It's not even the work, the work is grand, easy if anything. I already switched course too, yet I'm still not happy here.. :(

NOT TELLING YOU TO DROP OUT but find out the date (I think it's in october) where you can leave college and not be liable for fees when you do decide to do another course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Yeah but I hate the college too.. :( It's not even the work, the work is grand, easy if anything. I already switched course too, yet I'm still not happy here.. :(

Aww Noel :( if you're really not happy you shouldn't make yourself put up with it. There's no shame in dropping out! And if you like the actual course, maybe you could see if there is any other colleges that offer something similar? If you want to give it a go and living on campus is pissing you off most, maybe try and get a room down town? I know how sh1t living on campus is; it was definitely a factor in me taking time off college a few years ago! And like Sarah said, you have until the end of October to drop out without having to pay fees if you go back to do a new course :) Give me a text/PM if you need a chat!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

So lads.. I actually did it.. I dropped out.. I know it's a decision that loadsa people will probably think I was stupid for and stuff, but I really don't care. I'm putting my happiness before it.. and I will go back to college, I'll go back next year!

Thanks to all the boardsie who offered advice.. really means a lot:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Noel, sorry to hear that! I had no idea that you weren't enjoying college (on the contrary, I thought you were really liking it - I know that you switched courses though), so this is a bit of a shock!

What part of it was bothering you? Was it living on campus? Because there's often easy remedies to problems that don't involve dropping out, unless you think you're in completely the wrong course!

You can PM if you ever need to talk/vent and don't want to put it on the public forum! Hope you get what you want next year anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I think someone stood on my toe last night.. I'm not sure. But it's like..oh gosh!!! really sore and probs infected. oh no :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I think someone stood on my toe last night.. I'm not sure. But it's like..oh gosh!!! really sore and probs infected. oh no :(
    UL is very slowly doing away with you. :P

Noel, sorry to hear that! I had no idea that you weren't enjoying college (on the contrary, I thought you were really liking it - I know that you switched courses though), so this is a bit of a shock!

What part of it was bothering you? Was it living on campus? Because there's often easy remedies to problems that don't involve dropping out, unless you think you're in completely the wrong course!

You can PM if you ever need to talk/vent and don't want to put it on the public forum! Hope you get what you want next year anyway :)

Thanks Tim! :)

Ah yeah I LOVED Maynooth, don't get me wrong. I just grew to hate my course, the structure of everything here, and the whole living situation.. It was all just way too much to live with..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

So lads.. I actually did it.. I dropped out.. I know it's a decision that loadsa people will probably think I was stupid for and stuff, but I really don't care. I'm putting my happiness before it.. and I will go back to college, I'll go back next year!

Thanks to all the boardsie who offered advice.. really means a lot:)
    Fair play man, that's a really brave decision to make. Haven't you dropped out before the fees deadline anyway? So you're grand if you wanna reapply next year? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Thanks Tim! :)

Ah yeah I LOVED Maynooth, don't get me wrong. I just grew to hate my course, the structure of everything here, and the whole living situation.. It was all just way too much to live with..

I think its much more mature to make that decision Noel, than sticking it out where you know you don't like it, and ending up costing yourself/your parents much much more in the long run. Well done! :)

jumpguy wrote: »
    UL is very slowly doing away with you. :P

slowly and succesfully.. Sigh. I've an awful cough as well. Grrrrr.. Looking forward to going home so my mammy can nurse my toe back to health :P haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Had the week from hell this week, thank god it's nearly over.

My subjects this year are horribly dry and difficult. My best friend dropped out and I used to hang around with her ALL the time, I miss her terribly :( And I don't even have her around to complain to so as well as feeling lonely I'm kind of bottling everything up and not talking about it. The other people I'm good friends with are either leaving altogether or transferring to different courses in the next few weeks. My timetable is AWFUL. I've been getting less than five hours sleep a night and yesterday I was so tired that I was in agony and could barely stand. I'm completely and utterly broke so I can't do any of the printing/photocopying I need to do, so I've already fallen way behind. :( I want to go back to last year, everything was okay then but now it's just shít. In a few weeks I won't have any proper friends in my class, which is a scary prospect. And because I'm so shattered every tiny thing that goes wrong feels like the end of the world. Being so dissatisfied just makes me want to go on Erasmus next year even more, in the hope that things would be better. I really am so down now, though.

jumpguy wrote: »
    Fair play man, that's a really brave decision to make. Haven't you dropped out before the fees deadline anyway? So you're grand if you wanna reapply next year? :)

Yeah I rang the grant people too, and they'll pay the reg fee, etc, next year too! Here's to a year out.. :) haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Yeah I rang the grant people too, and they'll pay the reg fee, etc, next year too! Here's to a year out.. :) haha

Really sorry to hear college wasn't working out for you Noel, I know dropping out is a horrible decision to have to make, but coming from someone who has been there it's hands down the best decision I made. I have no regrets about it at all. I'm here if you want to talk to anyone about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

How am I supposed to fit my whole life into 30kg? I hate packing.

Had the week from hell this week, thank god it's nearly over.

My subjects this year are horribly dry and difficult. My best friend dropped out and I used to hang around with her ALL the time, I miss her terribly :( And I don't even have her around to complain to so as well as feeling lonely I'm kind of bottling everything up and not talking about it. The other people I'm good friends with are either leaving altogether or transferring to different courses in the next few weeks. My timetable is AWFUL. I've been getting less than five hours sleep a night and yesterday I was so tired that I was in agony and could barely stand. I'm completely and utterly broke so I can't do any of the printing/photocopying I need to do, so I've already fallen way behind. :( I want to go back to last year, everything was okay then but now it's just shít. In a few weeks I won't have any proper friends in my class, which is a scary prospect. And because I'm so shattered every tiny thing that goes wrong feels like the end of the world. Being so dissatisfied just makes me want to go on Erasmus next year even more, in the hope that things would be better. I really am so down now, though.

Aww pet, that definitely sounds like the week from hell!! **hugs** Would you consider having a chat with the counselling service on campus or anything? Not saying you need counselling, but it's always good to have someone impartial to have a rant to and stuff. Like I know the ones in my college have been unreal to me for stuff like that before. I'm always here if you need a chat too!! <3

My teeth have been annoying me recently, they're so sore! I thought I was already wise enough but apparently not :pac: :pac: Also it's really wet outside and I want coke, buuuut I don't want to walk to the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Sleep is for the weak, and apparently I'm weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Battlefield beta won't let me get a server to play, I've tried for like half an hour fffuuuuuuuuuu-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

ohthebaby wrote: »
    How am I supposed to fit my whole life into 30kg? I hate packing.
    You're leaving?!

And my passport would expire a week after I turn 18, so now have to wait ages for a new one, and I can't get a Garda ID without it. Trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Namlub wrote: »
    You're leaving?!
    Ya bbz. Hello France. I have too many clothes that I love and want and need. STRESS.

Ya bbz. Hello France. I have too many clothes that I love and want and need. STRESS.

Forever? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Take with you? :(
    I need details, how long are you going for, where are you going etc.

My voice is nearly gone, like ridic hoarse..... Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I really must get into this noise the kids are on about. Noise and eventual deafness, I think it's called in the slang. It's very socially limiting not to.

One of my best friends is moving to France really soon too! I'm going to miss her loads :( Wear as much clothes as possible on the flight over? :pac:

tumblr_l3z0h8Levc1qb9tg5o1_500.png

I need to stop being so lazy >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

(A bit late but...)

Well done Noel, it's a hard decision to make but if you really didn't like the course then there was no point in staying there. And anyways, Waterford ain't so bad for a bit, to Masons with you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Fair play Noel, that was a really hard decision to make. You'll benefit so much more from taking a year out, and really looking for something you'd like to do. And you won't have the stress, distraction and pressure of the LC.:)

And you're still young..you'll be 19 when you start college next year, so it's not like you'll be older than your peers and stuff!

Come to UCC next year btw..it's legendary >_>

• Advertisement

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Fair play Noel, that was a really hard decision to make. You'll benefit so much more from taking a year out, and really looking for something you'd like to do. And you won't have the stress, distraction and pressure of the LC.:)

And you're still young..you'll be 19 when you start college next year, so it's not like you'll be older than your peers and stuff!

Come to UCC next year btw..it's legendary >_>

UL TBH.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement