Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

dar31 wrote: »
    if you dont mind me asking, what was the finished cost of the shed, and how much of it did you do.

fine job, nice and snug for the long winter evenings.

actually €2500 includes more area than the shed, there was a big section of wall at the front of the shed and concrete to meet existing yard..
    shed itself was €10500 inc VAT erection and large set of sliding doors on front, tegral sheeting and non drip on roof
    concrete was about €5700
    large amount of flag/heavy shale as site was a hole basically and needed to be raised alot, 15 lorries came to €1500
    digger approx €1000
    have about €1800 VAT to get back so just over 19k:eek:
    it ended up costing alot more than i originally thought but i dont know that i could have done it a whole lot cheaper either, did feck all of it myself, working full time so gone every day, well actually I made the small side entrance door..its the roughest bit of the shed :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

whelan1 wrote: »
    i tag my calves as soon as they are born... alot of the pictures on this thread the calves have no tags, when do ye tag them?... find it alot easier to tag the sucklers when they are born as it would be hard to catch them after

I'd be slow to put a clear picture of a tag of mine up here...big brother is never far away;)

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

Bizzum wrote: »
    A country road I came across.

There was a very similar photo like that shown on bbc country file :)
    Was it one of yours Bizzum? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

whelan1 wrote: »
    i tag my calves as soon as they are born... alot of the pictures on this thread the calves have no tags, when do ye tag them?... find it alot easier to tag the sucklers when they are born as it would be hard to catch them after

We always do them when were dehorning them so they would normally be done before 3 weeks, Its as handy really as your going to be catching them anyway.

Karen112 wrote: »
    We try to tag every week if possible, along with the online events. Of course it depends on work etc. But it's rare for our farm to miss anything. Liking that calf off Rocky redzerologen!:D Any more recent pics?

No unfortunatley, Most of those pictures were on my phone since last year. He turned into a smashing weanling though out of a limx shorthorn cow. Have a good few pics from a few weeks ago on the girlfriends camera, Will try and put them up one of the days!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

No unfortunatley, Most of those pictures were on my phone since last year. He turned into a smashing weanling though out of a limx shorthorn cow. Have a good few pics from a few weeks ago on the girlfriends camera, Will try and put them up one of the days!!

Your phone?? Jaysus you must be able to afford better then me with the pixel limit your phone has!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

There was a very similar photo like that shown on bbc country file :)
    Was it one of yours Bizzum? :D

Not that I know, or I'd be looking for royalties!

Your phone?? Jaysus you must be able to afford better then me with the pixel limit your phone has!

Samsung tocco lite 3.2 mega pixels and 120 yoyo's at the time if my memory serves me correct:D

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

Not that I know, or I'd be looking for royalties!

The one on the show had a mccormick driving down the road. The photo made the final 12, so you better check for royalties! :D

Samsung tocco lite 3.2 mega pixels and 120 yoyo's at the time if my memory serves me correct:D

Damn it.......looked at that phone and chose otherwise. Wrong decision.:mad:

• Advertisement

Mods, can we make this a sticky? Would mean more photos and viewing ability would be easier.

Damn it.......looked at that phone and chose otherwise. Wrong decision.:mad:

Every pic I posted on here was taken with a phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

new shed construction

Lovely shed there vander. Very well finished

You must be keeping your options open to use it for loose housing/calving pens when you galvanised the pillars and put in mass concrete walls? :rolleyes:

Raking last summer
    Photo0093.jpg
    Not my finest hour on the minidigger
    Photo0091.jpg
    Feeding weanlings in the winterage last winter.
    Photo0104.jpg

Great pic of half the mini digger! Lucky you had the door open before ya went south:D

I cannot stop laughing at the mini digger! You just made my night:D Sore arm and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

am loving this tread! Some great photos. It's nice seeing the good and the bad;)

Great pic of half the mini digger! Lucky you had the door open before ya went south:D

I would nearly have been as well off if i went with it with the bollocking I got afterwards:)

I would nearly have been as well off if i went with it with the bollocking I got afterwards:)

Still laughing..... cat is looking at me as if I have four heads by this stage!

Photo0091.jpg

fcuking hell, that took some doing :D

• Advertisement

Muckit wrote: »
    Lovely shed there vander. Very well finished

You must be keeping your options open to use it for loose housing/calving pens when you galvanised the pillars and put in mass concrete walls? :rolleyes:

well indeed, not sure if you see hayshed in those pics but leanto is fully slatted, usually have cattle in there and was thinking of using this shed in tandem..to be honest now thats its done and I have a few machines in there I would hate to have to let cattle into it. Im close to sea here and i just decided to try and do something that might last a bit better...i think the day of the block wall is gone now for any type of farm sheds, our loader has a share of damage done over the years........

Photo0091.jpg

fcuking hell, that took some doing :D

You would be suprised, if i was expecting a bottomless bog like that I would have kept out of it, It was in the bottom of a limestone valley, All the land around it was as dry as a bone. I was just tracking across it and the skin on the ground broke and every time you moved after that it went another bit. It had only gone the depth of the tracks first and I left it, Tryed tying it onto the 6830 then to use as an anchor then and it went that far and got the big digger then to pull it out after that. I wouldnt mind but I do be filling the hopper for another man in the bog with an ex120 with 18 inch pads and never had a bother, just never expected a swamp like that where it was....the picture always makes people laugh though:rolleyes:

You would be suprised, if i was expecting a bottomless bog like that I would have kept out of it, It was in the bottom of a limestone valley, All the land around it was as dry as a bone. I was just tracking across it and the skin on the ground broke and every time you moved after that it went another bit. It had only gone the depth of the tracks first and I left it, Tryed tying it onto the 6830 then to use as an anchor then and it went that far and got the big digger then to pull it out after that. I wouldnt mind but I do be filling the hopper for another man in the bog with an ex120 with 18 inch pads and never had a bother, just never expected a swamp like that where it was....the picture always makes people laugh though:rolleyes:

must be something onto the quick sand knight rider drove into when I was a young lad :D
    nice looking machine from the bit you can see, what size is it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Photo0091.jpg/Photo0104.jpg[/IMG]

Ya might give digging them drains a go from the bank next time instead of the bottom of it :p

Local fella has a much heavier machine, brought it out on bog bog on land that'd been left to him. Same lad is infamous for wreaking havoc with machinery. He sunk it down to the cab in the bog. Went home, came back with the big 4wd tractor and land drive trailer to "pull her out". Sank that too :pac:

Another fella with a machine had to be got to dig the lot out.

must be something onto the quick sand knight rider drove into when I was a young lad :D
    nice looking machine from the bit you can see, what size is it

Its a 5 tonne, lovely tight little machine to drive, Had it out in 2 minutes when we brought up the big machine thank god. Like I said I wasnt even digging there, Just tracking straight across it from one place to another and once it broke the skin on the ground it was gone. Its the last thing I expected to find where I was anyway!!

Its a 5 tonne, lovely tight little machine to drive, Had it out in 2 minutes when we brought up the big machine thank god. Like I said I wasnt even digging there, Just tracking straight across it from one place to another and once it broke the skin on the ground it was gone. Its the last thing I expected to find where I was anyway!!
    ya the auld fella sunk his ancient kubota 3 ton in a canal there a few years back, we had 2 tractors tied to it and couldnt budge it, had to get a lad with ex 120 or something like that, he just caught the blade with his bucket and pulled it free in 1 go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

mc10scp11aa.jpg
    A before and after of Hazel shrub clearing in the Burren. Over 12 hectares cleared altogether :eek: All the stumps had to be sprayed with some roundup biograde stuff. I got a week of spraying. Never again want to see a hazel bush haha. Ye might recognize the mini-digger in the ''before'' shot. It's on dry ground this time :)
    dscf0040ph.jpg
    The CAT, mulcher and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭stanflt

man oman heifer calf

004sxw.th.jpg

man oman heifer

• Advertisement

006oxt.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

finally posted correctly