Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Futurama [Fox, Comedy Central, Hulu]

• 22-04-2013 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭

Comedy Central has decided to not pick up anymore episodes
    The 13 episodes coming on in the summer will be the last.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/04/22/futurama-not-renewed-comedy-central/

Now I'm a massive fan, but this time around I'm not that sad its ending.
    But I would like to see the writing staff move onto something new, the smartest writers in TV I would reckon.
    Post edited by pixelburp on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Futurama Season 6 continued last night in the States with back-to-back new episodes called
    Neutopia and Benderama
    ! I've checked the sky planner and can't find when it's starting over here. With all the other big animations finished for the season, it's great to have Futurama back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Just catching up on the first half of Season 6. Some great episodes in there (Leathal Inspection being one of them, fantastic). Great to see it back on track after the dodgy DVD films.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Delighted! Cheers for the heads up. The new episodes last summer were fantastic. Let's hope it continues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Neutopia was hilarious, Benderama was good with some decent laughs.. Two very solid episodes! great to have futurama back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

I thought that &oth episodes were \/ery poor. I &arely laughed throughout. Seemed to ha\/e &een thrown together. Mor&o drunkenly saying ****£aced was the &est part o£ &oth. And I liked the molecular &enders making alcohol.

It seems like the writers e\/en knew themsel\/es they were poor episodes though. They had the jokes, &ut just not the charm to &ack them up. Didn't we already ha\/e a king kong &ender in an anthology o£ interest episode?

&ender: "Well that was dum&"

Yes it was. I couldn't agree with you more

• Advertisement

Yillan wrote: »
    I thought that &oth episodes were \/ery poor. I &arely laughed throughout. Seemed to ha\/e &een thrown together. Mor&o drunkenly saying ****£aced was the &est part o£ &oth. And I liked the molecular &enders making alcohol.

It seems like the writers e\/en knew themsel\/es they were poor episodes though. They had the jokes, &ut just not the charm to &ack them up. Didn't we already ha\/e a king kong &ender in an anthology o£ interest episode?

&ender: "Well that was dum&"

Yes it was. I couldn't agree with you more
    Are your 'B', 'V' and 'F' keys broke?

:o

How did you know?

Consider using an on-screen keyboard? It's free and easy

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-xp/help/on-screen-keyboard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I thought they were both good. Futurama works so much better as a 20 minute show with stupid laughs than as a overly long and complicated movie.

I thought neutopia was the better of the two. Benderama with too many benders on screen gets a bit much and predictable.

I'll be looking forward to watching it in the coming weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Neutopia is easily the best of the entire season 6 for me.

Good to have it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Last night's Law and Oracle has been the best episode of the season for me so far. Been disappointed with season 6 alot of the time. Although I love:

Fox being more strict with what They can and can't do might have been better for creativity.

Law and Oracle was great, but I was sure there would be something about how the black robot cop's usual partner has always been Fry, considering how they have always sounded so alike - especially considering the time travelling nature of the episode. Disappointed when it didn't happen

"He was two days from retirement"

What happened to him?

"He took early retirement"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Heads up to anyone who hasen't seen season 6 yet (where have you been :D )
    From GotFuturama twitter..
    Ok UK people! Listen up! #Futurama season 6 starts FRIDAY on Sky1HD (& Sky1) with the first 2 episodes. ALL 26 episodes will follow weekly!

Just to confirm, that's 'Rebirth' & In-A-Gadda-Da-Leela' starting at 8pm Friday 22nd Sky1HD & Sky1. Rejoice UK! #Futurama

Lets hope this means BD/DVD release soon for over here....

I liked Law and Oracle (It happens more often then you think!)

Watched the latest one on Saturday night The Silence of the Clamps, and thought it was great.

Zoidberg was hilarious in this one, It was good to finally see him be good at something, especailly the filthy looks he was giving while cutting the pizza at the end.

This season has been pretty good so far. No classics just yet, but very worth watching.

wish the Silence of the Clamps had more Clamps in it, he was always my favourite minor character. Good episode though.

This new Leela one is the worst of the bunch. Awful

Leela-heavy is worse than Lisa-heavy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

that episode was so bad it could have been included in a recent simpsons season.

It has been announced that Futurama has been renewed for another 2 Seasons. This Season has been great for the most, so hopefully they can keep it up.

http://io9.com/5824123/futurama-renewed-for-2-more-seasons

that episode was so bad it could have been included in a recent simpsons season.
    It ranks in my mind as the worst Futurama episode ever.....

Its also become the lowest ranked episode with only 42% on gotfuturama.com amung the die hard fans.

• Advertisement

Agreed, shocked at the poverty of that last episode. I don't know what they were thinking when they booked an episode around annoying children's puppet shows. I can't think of a worse episodes; like some are not great, but this is the first bad episode.

latest episode was quite meh

this whole season has been pretty poor, bar one or two gems

latest episode was quite meh

this whole season has been pretty poor, bar one or two gems

All The Presidents' Heads? :eek: I loved it. Think it's replaced Law and Oracle for me as best Season 6 episode. Plus it's much welcome after that predictable and subpar Leela episode.
    "But Boston's 300 miles away, and Bender kicked our horse to death!"

"Freeze, or we will be forced to continue chasing you, as we don’t carry guns."

Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭irateghost

Ive also been dissapointed with season 6 when you go back and watch the episodes before they got cancelled every scene is hilarious somewhere during the futurama movies someone sent the funny writers to the suicide booth ) there has been some good wordplay gags but even fry and the proffesors back and forth has been eroded to some wierd fan fiction version of themselves

irateghost wrote: »
    Ive also been dissapointed with season 6 when you go back and watch the episodes before they got cancelled every scene is hilarious somewhere during the futurama movies someone sent the funny writers to the suicide booth ) there has been some good wordplay gags but even fry and the proffesors back and forth has been eroded to some wierd fan fiction version of themselves

yeah, something happened after it got cancelled and the magic just left the show. I havent been impressed with this season at all. it's not.. terrible, it's just ok which is terrible for futurama when you compare it to the earlier seasons.

agree with the above, it's been ok, just not spectacular. some things really bugged me about the Moby Dick episode last week, just lazy things (zoidberg being able to take off his helmet in space and eat food, leela putting on just a helmet without a suit but still being able to survive in space.. nitpicking perhaps, but they bugged me) but there were some funny lines (I loved the professor at the start.. "I remember it like it was interesting")

Haven't really loved any of the episodes of this season so far, but it's still enjoyable.

I quite enjoyed Mobius Dick although i thought it got a bit lame in the final act where we find out why the space whale does what it does; i guess it makes sense but i didn't think it was great. going around the
    spaceship graveyard
    was eery (brilliant), reminded me of an episode of Red Dwarf.

Ya i'd agree, they're not stellar, but i'm very happy to have it back and they're good episodes. I really like the heavy sci-fi as well.

Most recent few were great, especially the last one

There's have been a couple of poor efforts, but overall I'm very happy to have new futurama every week, and hearing that it's been renewed from another 2 is good news.

• Advertisement

the latest episode, Overclockwise, was brilliant. Some really funny lines and very heartfelt too. really, really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

I was reading the synopsis for some of next years episodes. This one sounds brilliant:

Richard Nixon runs for presidency yet again in the 3012 presidential elections. His opponent's legitimacy is called into question when he is incapable of providing an 'Earth Certificate' to prove that he is of Earthly origins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Sorry for digging up this old thread but up until about 2 days ago I didn't even know there was a Futurama Season 6,7 etc and I wanted to include my views.

Since Futurama cancellation there has been about 10 seasons of the Simpsons, a Simpsons movie and a handful of Futurama TV movies and all were poor imho. So I really came into Futurama 6 expecting to be let down once again.

However I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. These are really good quality episodes full of actual clever and coherent storylines (remember when the Simpsons had those?) and genuine lol moments. My favourite so far was ep 6.06 (where Bender goes to find the human that "approved" him) and 6.09 (the one about "Creaturism").

Like I said I only found out about the show a couple of days ago but I'm currently working through at such a pace that I'm already on ep 6.17 (and hungry for more). So much so is my enjoyment level.

A genuine surprise imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Lovelyguy

Anyone know if Season 6 Volume 2 will be released on DVD here?

37689-futurama-season-6-2011-r4.html

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I am sad! This season is big improvement over some of the dismal episodes from last season. Pity really.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Kif! Inform the men! We have been cancelled :(

That's a shame - there are some that argue the show has been a pale imitation of itself ever since it moved to Comedy Central, but I think when series 6/7 hit its stride it surpassed a lot of the Fox years with some pretty hilarious, touching - and often risque - material (although admittedly some of the worst episodes come from the latter series too)

Shame to see it go, but if indeed this is the end - and tbh, I'd nearly prefer that it was, rather than suffer another bout of renewal rumours - I hope the writers tie up all the knots and give the main cast a worthy ending.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

New eps last night was great. Episode two was very entertaining. Highway Star on episode one got me off my seat :D

Bad news everyone... Seth McFarelene will be voicing Seymour in a future episode. WHY!?!?

I read that during the week alright. Very,very risky move putting Seth as the voice of Seymour. They are no doubt trying to be ironic about it, but run the risk of ruining what many regard as the best, and most sentimental, episode (Jurassic Bark) and storyline of Futurama's series. But should hold all judgement until it airs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I thought the double-bill return of sesaon 7 (wrong thread? :)) was pretty poor tbh; there were a couple of laughs sure, but the whole thing feels so flat and by the numbers, honestly I got a little bored by the second episode.

pixelburp wrote: »
    I thought the double-bill return of sesaon 7 (wrong thread? :)) was pretty poor tbh; there were a couple of laughs sure, but the whole thing feels so flat and by the numbers, honestly I got a little bored by the second episode.

Yeah, I didn't dig them at all. Disappointing.

Up to speed with the new episodes and to be honest, they're not at all funny. This week's wasn't bad & there were a few chuckles, but overall the new series is hugely disappointing. I'm only watching out of loyalty to the show now and a desire to see how they approach the finale. Shame :(

• Advertisement

it's not like the season before this was any good either
    even then I watched every ep as it was released but I havent been bothered at all this time around. i think i'm happier not knowing

pixelburp wrote: »
    That's a shame - there are some that argue the show has been a pale imitation of itself ever since it moved to Comedy Central, but I think when series 6/7 hit its stride it surpassed a lot of the Fox years with some pretty hilarious, touching - and often risque - material (although admittedly some of the worst episodes come from the latter series too)

I'm one of those disappointed with a lot of the Comedy Central output but this 7B season has mostly been a pleasure to watch. Saturday Morning Fun Pit being an exception.

Unfortunate that it's taken till now to get it right again. "Yay Lamy!"

Yeah, to be fair the more recent episodes have actually been quite decent; the one broadcast last week - a blatant riff of The Thing - had a fair number of genuine laughs.

I still think on average the hit-rate was very low across the 7th season generally, and I only hope the finale is a fitting (and funny!) send off for the Planet Express crew

Won't be a patch on The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Just watched the final episode, it was the best of the last series and nearly brought a tear to my eye :(

Sad to see it go but it's finished and shouldn't be resurrected again. I say that as a big fan.

Really nice final episode, similar to "Devils hands are idle pay things"..........
    Now back to episode 1 for the re-watch :D

jb93zYW.jpg

So that's that: cya oodbye Futurama, you will be missed. Sure series 7 had too many duff episodes, but when it hit the mark it really scored, and it really knew how to tug on the heartstrings; this last-ever episode was no exception.

If I had one grumble, it's that the rest of the cast were relegated and played second fiddle to the question of Fry & Leela. If I'm honest, I never really bought them as a couple, so it seemed a shame that the series finale emphasised the love story at the expense of some quality Bender / Zoidburg time. Plus if the show was renewed yet again, the ending allowed just enough wriggle room to pick things up without fuss...

But in all likelihood, it's Goodbye to the Planet Express crew :(

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

As Terry would say, "Goodbye from the world of tomorrow!"

I still prefer the season 4 finale over this but this last episode had it's moments. Reminded me of some of the great ideas and gags the show brought to the table. May it rest well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

It would have been nice to end it with a tv movie.

Trotting out the "Good News Everyone" meme seems a little trite - and this was the most recent thread I could find - but ...

Honestly; I'm so-so on this news. The Comedy Central era was very hit and miss, and the ending we got felt good enough for the time. But I guess Hulu/Disney had another IP they could gouge for more nostalgia endorphin hits...

• Advertisement
Advertisement