Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Futurama [Fox, Comedy Central, Hulu]

Options
  • 22-04-2013 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭

Comedy Central has decided to not pick up anymore episodes
    The 13 episodes coming on in the summer will be the last.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/04/22/futurama-not-renewed-comedy-central/

Now I'm a massive fan, but this time around I'm not that sad its ending.
    But I would like to see the writing staff move onto something new, the smartest writers in TV I would reckon.
    Post edited by pixelburp on

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Futurama Season 6 continued last night in the States with back-to-back new episodes called
    Neutopia and Benderama
    ! I've checked the sky planner and can't find when it's starting over here. With all the other big animations finished for the season, it's great to have Futurama back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Just catching up on the first half of Season 6. Some great episodes in there (Leathal Inspection being one of them, fantastic). Great to see it back on track after the dodgy DVD films.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Delighted! Cheers for the heads up. The new episodes last summer were fantastic. Let's hope it continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Neutopia was hilarious, Benderama was good with some decent laughs.. Two very solid episodes! great to have futurama back

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

I thought that &oth episodes were \/ery poor. I &arely laughed throughout. Seemed to ha\/e &een thrown together. Mor&o drunkenly saying ****£aced was the &est part o£ &oth. And I liked the molecular &enders making alcohol.

It seems like the writers e\/en knew themsel\/es they were poor episodes though. They had the jokes, &ut just not the charm to &ack them up. Didn't we already ha\/e a king kong &ender in an anthology o£ interest episode?

&ender: "Well that was dum&"

Yes it was. I couldn't agree with you more

• Advertisement

Yillan wrote: »
    I thought that &oth episodes were \/ery poor. I &arely laughed throughout. Seemed to ha\/e &een thrown together. Mor&o drunkenly saying ****£aced was the &est part o£ &oth. And I liked the molecular &enders making alcohol.

It seems like the writers e\/en knew themsel\/es they were poor episodes though. They had the jokes, &ut just not the charm to &ack them up. Didn't we already ha\/e a king kong &ender in an anthology o£ interest episode?

&ender: "Well that was dum&"

Yes it was. I couldn't agree with you more
    Are your 'B', 'V' and 'F' keys broke?

:o

How did you know?

Consider using an on-screen keyboard? It's free and easy

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-xp/help/on-screen-keyboard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I thought they were both good. Futurama works so much better as a 20 minute show with stupid laughs than as a overly long and complicated movie.

I thought neutopia was the better of the two. Benderama with too many benders on screen gets a bit much and predictable.

I'll be looking forward to watching it in the coming weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Neutopia is easily the best of the entire season 6 for me.

Good to have it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Ridley

Last night's Law and Oracle has been the best episode of the season for me so far. Been disappointed with season 6 alot of the time. Although I love:

Fox being more strict with what They can and can't do might have been better for creativity.

Law and Oracle was great, but I was sure there would be something about how the black robot cop's usual partner has always been Fry, considering how they have always sounded so alike - especially considering the time travelling nature of the episode. Disappointed when it didn't happen

"He was two days from retirement"

What happened to him?

"He took early retirement"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Heads up to anyone who hasen't seen season 6 yet (where have you been :D )
    From GotFuturama twitter..
    Ok UK people! Listen up! #Futurama season 6 starts FRIDAY on Sky1HD (& Sky1) with the first 2 episodes. ALL 26 episodes will follow weekly!

Just to confirm, that's 'Rebirth' & In-A-Gadda-Da-Leela' starting at 8pm Friday 22nd Sky1HD & Sky1. Rejoice UK! #Futurama

Lets hope this means BD/DVD release soon for over here....

I liked Law and Oracle (It happens more often then you think!)

Watched the latest one on Saturday night The Silence of the Clamps, and thought it was great.

Zoidberg was hilarious in this one, It was good to finally see him be good at something, especailly the filthy looks he was giving while cutting the pizza at the end.

This season has been pretty good so far. No classics just yet, but very worth watching.

wish the Silence of the Clamps had more Clamps in it, he was always my favourite minor character. Good episode though.

This new Leela one is the worst of the bunch. Awful

Leela-heavy is worse than Lisa-heavy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

that episode was so bad it could have been included in a recent simpsons season.

It has been announced that Futurama has been renewed for another 2 Seasons. This Season has been great for the most, so hopefully they can keep it up.

http://io9.com/5824123/futurama-renewed-for-2-more-seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

that episode was so bad it could have been included in a recent simpsons season.
    It ranks in my mind as the worst Futurama episode ever.....

Its also become the lowest ranked episode with only 42% on gotfuturama.com amung the die hard fans.

• Advertisement

Agreed, shocked at the poverty of that last episode. I don't know what they were thinking when they booked an episode around annoying children's puppet shows. I can't think of a worse episodes; like some are not great, but this is the first bad episode.

latest episode was quite meh

this whole season has been pretty poor, bar one or two gems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Ridley

latest episode was quite meh

this whole season has been pretty poor, bar one or two gems

All The Presidents' Heads? :eek: I loved it. Think it's replaced Law and Oracle for me as best Season 6 episode. Plus it's much welcome after that predictable and subpar Leela episode.
    "But Boston's 300 miles away, and Bender kicked our horse to death!"

"Freeze, or we will be forced to continue chasing you, as we don’t carry guns."

Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭irateghost

Ive also been dissapointed with season 6 when you go back and watch the episodes before they got cancelled every scene is hilarious somewhere during the futurama movies someone sent the funny writers to the suicide booth ) there has been some good wordplay gags but even fry and the proffesors back and forth has been eroded to some wierd fan fiction version of themselves

irateghost wrote: »
    Ive also been dissapointed with season 6 when you go back and watch the episodes before they got cancelled every scene is hilarious somewhere during the futurama movies someone sent the funny writers to the suicide booth ) there has been some good wordplay gags but even fry and the proffesors back and forth has been eroded to some wierd fan fiction version of themselves

yeah, something happened after it got cancelled and the magic just left the show. I havent been impressed with this season at all. it's not.. terrible, it's just ok which is terrible for futurama when you compare it to the earlier seasons.

agree with the above, it's been ok, just not spectacular. some things really bugged me about the Moby Dick episode last week, just lazy things (zoidberg being able to take off his helmet in space and eat food, leela putting on just a helmet without a suit but still being able to survive in space.. nitpicking perhaps, but they bugged me) but there were some funny lines (I loved the professor at the start.. "I remember it like it was interesting")

Haven't really loved any of the episodes of this season so far, but it's still enjoyable.

I quite enjoyed Mobius Dick although i thought it got a bit lame in the final act where we find out why the space whale does what it does; i guess it makes sense but i didn't think it was great. going around the
    spaceship graveyard
    was eery (brilliant), reminded me of an episode of Red Dwarf.

Ya i'd agree, they're not stellar, but i'm very happy to have it back and they're good episodes. I really like the heavy sci-fi as well.

Most recent few were great, especially the last one

There's have been a couple of poor efforts, but overall I'm very happy to have new futurama every week, and hearing that it's been renewed from another 2 is good news.

• Advertisement

the latest episode, Overclockwise, was brilliant. Some really funny lines and very heartfelt too. really, really good.

Advertisement