Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap prepay android phone(samsung europa) 39€

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Maybe you shouldnt have called yourself x lol.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

damn parents! :pac:

their customer care said to just try and order and it might be declined or not again. not very good. or alternatively i have to post them things to see why I was declined, lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

Tar.Aldarion - Somebody said in an earlier post that CPW was selling them also but at €49 - that could be your way around this.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hey thanks, 3 themselves have it for 49 as well in the shop! I have emailed them and if it doesnt work out all i ahve to do is get somebody else to order it for me. i cant actually understand how you could be refused buying a phone off somebody! My fatcheese still shows me as getting the money but i doubt i will, which is reallly annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Ordered through Fatcheese on Tuesday and got the phone today with €38.70 credit plus the 5 I paid for with the order.

Word of warning its not the all you can eat data package. I must have to pay €20 myself to switch to that. Used €1.40 data in a flash without even knowing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

CPW have it on o2 for 49 too if anyone is thinking about unlocking it etc, i presume you get the usual 30 euro credit

TheDriver wrote: »
    CPW have it on o2 for 49 too if anyone is thinking about unlocking it etc, i presume you get the usual 30 euro credit
    Are you sure? I don't see it on the CPW or o2 website.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

it was in the shop yesterday, they had 49 euro for o2 and something about the same for other networks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

When it comes to unlocking is it any harder if the phone has come from 3 or O2 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,906 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I Linked the phone to my gmail account. Anyone know how to unlink it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I Linked the phone to my gmail account. Anyone know how to unlink it.
    Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Gmail > Clear Data.

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Gmail > Clear Data.

I went into gmail>remove account> msg... this can only be done in Privacy>Reset Factory Settings

I was a bit nervous but took the plunge:D and after a few worrying minutes in the dark all's well.

If you add gmail account everything in it is then on your phone. Imagine if you then loose it.

tnks all the same.

BostonB wrote: »
    When it comes to unlocking is it any harder if the phone has come from 3 or O2 etc.
    I shouldn't think so. I unlocked mine from Three easily enough (if I can do it anyone can ;))
    I went into gmail>remove account> msg... this can only be done in Privacy>Reset Factory Settings

I was a bit nervous but took the plunge:D and after a few worrying minutes in the dark all's well.

If you add gmail account everything in it is then on your phone. Imagine if you then loose it.

tnks all the same.

But how else are you going to check your GMail?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

I'll be damned! My one arrived yesterday morning but after reading this thread I checked the sim just now and there's €38 on it! Wow! I had just paid the €7 to unlock it and was using it with my ol' o2 sim.

When you ordered online did you add €5 credit or did it let you stay with none?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

But how else are you going to check your GMail?
    Use K9 mail to access your account via IMAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

amby666 wrote: »

You have to take 5, 10 or 20 credit

amby666 wrote: »
    None.
    You have to take 5, 10 or 20 credit
    Nope.

tnks all the same.

I reset mine too but when I try to get on the Android Market it's asking me for account details again. Is there no way around it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,906 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jecca1

Hi, I got the phone on the 39e deal too and got 39e credit with it. Delighted.

However i just cannot get it to log onto my home WIFI. WHAT am i doing wrong? It will scan, pick up the network and as soon as i try to connect it says out of range.

Any ideas!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

jecca1 wrote: »
    Hi, I got the phone on the 39e deal too and got 39e credit with it. Delighted.

However i just cannot get it to log onto my home WIFI. WHAT am i doing wrong? It will scan, pick up the network and as soon as i try to connect it says out of range.

Any ideas!
    *moves closer to router*

I'm standing right beside it!!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

What time of day do they usually deliver - is it morning time?

My order was confirmed on Wednesday 10/8/11 at 4.10pm, and then updated as 'dispatched' at 09.27am on Thursday 11/8/11, so expected it today, but it's nearly 10 and there's no sign!

Based in Dundalk if it matters - do they deliver in the evenings?

I'm standing right beside it!!!!!
    Okay, I'll stop messing with you :D

Has it ever connected to the network before? If so, see if you can "forget" the network and try again.

I have the network stored on the phone alright will try forgetting it and connecting again.
    Although that didnt work yest.

Timbuk2 - Mine was delivered by Nightline couriers and was here before midday, if thats any help.

I have the network stored on the phone alright will try forgetting it and connecting again.
    Although that didnt work yest.

Timbuk2 - Mine was delivered by Nightline couriers and was here before midday, if thats any help.
    We have Vodafone At Home broadband and sometimes we need to restart the "box" before it allows a device to connect to it.

I shouldn't think so. I unlocked mine from Three easily enough (if I can do it anyone can ;))

You haven't met me:D which crowd did you use!

Have restarted the box but it still wont connect.

It will scan, remember network and as soon as u click connect it says not in range. :mad:

Thanks for the help though.

• Advertisement

Right, dont know why but if i turn the fone to airoplane mode i can connect to the Wifi.
    Really cant figure out what is wrong with this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement