Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap prepay android phone(samsung europa) 39€

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Did anybody else who got it with a new sim get €38 credit on it already?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Alter-Ego wrote: »

Really? If thats the case I might get one for sure! Did you buy instore or online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

mawk wrote: »
    500mb is still quite a lot on a mobile. I browse a lot and use a few push notification apps but wouldn't hit 500 most months. I do use wifi at home though, since its faster so maybe if wifi was not available it might be tight.

Still its quite a lot

500MB really isnt much in my opinion. browsing and the odd bit of multimedia (normally low quality youtube videos).

If all you want to do is read pages fine, but if you want to listen to news snippets or anything else you need at least 1gb

Really? If thats the case I might get one for sure! Did you buy instore or online?

Online. Not sure if it's a mistake but, I'm able to make calls and texts. There was no mention of that much free credit when I bought it.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

cant wait to see what's on mine tomorrow and what its like. My first smart phone/touchscreen, I'll either love it or hate it.:D

Either way at €39 less €9.70 disc from fatcheese and now a possible €38
    phone credit as well....how bad!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Yes! :)

Nice surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

Just got my phone today, used the internet a few times and used up over 6 euro credit on the internet,
    Anyone know the story .... unlimited internet ??????
    Is there some settings I am missing...

Any suggestions before I contact them in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

danjo-xx wrote: »
    cant wait to see what's on mine tomorrow and what its like. My first smart phone/touchscreen, I'll either love it or hate it.:D

Keep us posted on what you get buddy....this will be the dealbreaker for me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Just got my phone today, used the internet a few times and used up over 6 euro credit on the internet,
    Anyone know the story .... unlimited internet ??????
    Is there some settings I am missing...

Any suggestions before I contact them in the morning

did you topup by €20 ???

yes, payed 20 euro with order for phone

• Advertisement

should that 20 euro already be credited to my phone when it was delivered

should that 20 euro already be credited to my phone when it was delivered
    Check among the packaging for a Top-Up voucher as it may come in that form.

no nothing in the packaging , really it should be added onto the phone automatically, will check with them tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

danjo-xx wrote: »

OMG I forgot to use fatcheese!!!!!

Mine's due for delivery tomorrow.

Anyone know if I can refuse delivery for a full refund?

Thanks for any advice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

I bought this phone for my mum, but she has 2 months left on billpay with 3, would she be able to put her own sim in this phone to use until her contract runs out, then use the sim that came with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,490 ✭✭✭✭Esel

chasm wrote: »
    I bought this phone for my mum, but she has 2 months left on billpay with 3, would she be able to put her own sim in this phone to use until her contract runs out, then use the sim that came with it?
    I am not an expert, but can't see why she can't use her current SIM, and keep on using it after her contract is up - no need to use the new SIM (unless she wants to change her number?).

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    I am not an expert, but can't see why she can't use her current SIM, and keep on using it after her contract is up - no need to use the new SIM (unless she wants to change her number?).

She hasnt decided whether to keep her original number or not, quite like the number that came with the sim pack myself, nice easy to remember one, i think she would be happy enough keeping her old number though, i assume it's easy enough to switch to payg from billpay once your contract runs out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Does it really matter how nice a number is these days? I only know my own number and one other due to number storage.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Does it really matter how nice a number is these days? I only know my own number and one other due to number storage.

My mum is an OAP and she was saying today that after 10 months she still has to double check the number she has now lol I used to know all my familiy's numbers but they keep changing them, Ive had the same number for 11 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,496 ✭✭✭✭noodler

keredern wrote: »
    OMG I forgot to use fatcheese!!!!!

Mine's due for delivery tomorrow.

Anyone know if I can refuse delivery for a full refund?

Thanks for any advice!

???

On what basis would you refuse the courior's delivery?

noodler wrote: »
    ???

On what basis would you refuse the courior's delivery?
    You have a 14day money back guarantee but it's likely you'd have to cover the cost of return postage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,496 ✭✭✭✭noodler

You have a 14day money back guarantee but it's likely you'd have to cover the cost of return postage.

Surely you will have to accept it from the courior and then return it though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Simi wrote: »
    https://www.fastgsm.com/en/samsung/samsung/galaxy-europa/unlock-code/network-unlocker

~7euro. You're not going to find any cheaper than that. Just used it to unlock one there. Straight forward and instant. There's even a step by step youtube video to guide you through it.
    This post says you can unlock it for only $10 so I'm going with them.

$20 for european models (that's us)

Onikage wrote: »
    $20 for european models (that's us)
    Nope I paid $10/€7 and unlocked it last night. The one you're looking at is unlocking it with the IMEI not USB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Whats the advantage to "rooting" these phones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Nope I paid $10/€7 and unlocked it last night. The one you're looking at is unlocking it with the IMEI not USB.

Oh, that's good

noodler wrote: »
    Surely you will have to accept it from the courior and then return it though?

Yep. Looking at the return form you need to call them up and get a REF number etc.. so rejecting the delivery probably wouldn't work.

Probably a lot of hassle just to save €7.90.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

How long does it take for the phone to arrive? The order status is "Dispatched" on the website since 3pm yesterday. Just wondering if I should be expecting it today?

I ordered mine at 2:30 on Monday and it arrived at 9:30 the next morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭wait4me

Ordered mine Tuesday 9:30 pm and it arrived this morning. Just needed to be signed for despite my worries above. ^^ Can't wait to see what its like, what call credit came with it and what it can do...:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement