Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap prepay android phone(samsung europa) 39€

Options

Comments

I believe so. I had the same problem where I was waiting and waiting. I eventually plucked up the courage to select "Exit" and all was well. The actual unlocking process must have been only seconds long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

[QUOTE=Deleted User;
    There's no codes. You use the USB cable and software:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73750691&postcount=160

[/QUOTE]

Install device driver

Close Samsung PC Studio, Samsung Kies & Kies TrayAgent and any other applications that block COM ports & Modems.

Van did you have to close any of these or anything else off first.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Install device driver

Close Samsung PC Studio, Samsung Kies & Kies TrayAgent and any other applications that block COM ports & Modems.

Van did you have to close any of these or anything else off first.
    I had none of that stuff even installed. All I had open was Firefox.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Chris Hansen

Ok unlocked :)

Can i buy another through my fatcheese account (which i already used to buy one) on a different card say and get cashback for that one too does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Chris Hansen

Whats the deal with the €38 credit? surely there must be a catch? does it expire or something?

• Advertisement

big freeze over here...everything went kaput:D battery low now so will try again tomorow. No harm done it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Ordered mine thanks, 3pay has been cheaper for both my wife and I that any vodafone or o2 billpay priceplan we were on before. The 15gb data has knocked another fiver off our bills go three.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

So just by topping up €20, you get 30 days of free internet access (even out of wifi), free Three-to-Three calls, free texts to any networks and free weekend calls to any Irish network - is that right?

If I've gotten that right, that sounds like great value!

Don't forget it also includes free weekend calls to landlines. :) On another note does anyone know when these free weekend calls start and finish?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭franciec

Don't forget it also includes free weekend calls to landlines. :) On another note does anyone know when these free weekend calls start start and finish?

No according to three the weekend starts at 12.01 Saturday morning and ends 12.01 Monday morning. Got caught out by this before I checked the small print.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Don't forget it also includes free weekend calls to landlines. :) On another note does anyone know when these free weekend calls start start and finish?

Can't see the landlines mentioned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Where abouts? I dont see anything about landlines? Im following the link from phone though so maybe that bit isnt showing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,028 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ Spammer - flagged in Feedback.

Edit: Not thesandman :D Spam post has been deleted.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Where abouts? I dont see anything about landlines? Im following the link from phone though so maybe that bit isnt showing up.

Appleblossom42 who said it included landlines. I left out the t :o I ment Can't see land lines mentioned.

Ah right. Its not just me so lol. I would be surprise if it does. I might interrogate them in the shop today if Ive time.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

I'm sure it was on the website or somewhere on the net during the week but I can't find it now. I did ask instore and was told it included landlines. It was a big plus for me. Ok just rang a landline now, on it roughly five minutes and wasn't charged for it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

would the same unlocking code work on another phne or what do they give you? two of us got em here

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

would the same unlocking code work on another phne or what do they give you? two of us got em here
    I would assume it is based on IMEI. Otherwise post it up and share :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ye probably is, if everybody post there's maybe i can extrapolate the algorithm for making them :p

Fastgsm unlocking.

Cant find the unlock button in my Fastgsm a/c. tried all the options. There is an option under use chosen service to enter an imei code for a list of ten Alcatel phones but that doesn't seem right.

Fastgsm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,243 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Read the tutorial video.

EDIT: Watch even.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Read the tutorial video.

EDIT: Watch even.

been there done that and have the teashirt, my questiion is about where in my account is the unlock code.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,243 ✭✭✭✭noodler

danjo-xx wrote: »
    been there done that and have the teashirt, my questiion is about where in my account is the unlock code.

Sorry, I thought you were using the software lock (thats the one thats 9.99)

I thought their IMEI codes were 19.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Question RE the Europa & and on unlocking.

I'm living out of country but got one of these sent to home address, which will be forwarded on to me.

What exactly is in the box? Phone, charger, sim, .... Is there a usb with it? Is there headphones?

Reason I'm asking is I'm not getting the box posted, just the bare essentials to keep postage down.

Also, RE unlocking the phone, do you need the 3 sim card in the phone while unlocking it?

looder wrote: »
    Question RE the Europa & and on unlocking.

I'm living out of country but got one of these sent to home address, which will be forwarded on to me.

What exactly is in the box? Phone, charger, sim, .... Is there a usb with it? Is there headphones?

Reason I'm asking is I'm not getting the box posted, just the bare essentials to keep postage down.

Also, RE unlocking the phone, do you need the 3 sim card in the phone while unlocking it?
    Yes to there being a USB cable. Yes to there being headphones. No to needing the sim card to unlock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Thanks for the quick reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭brennra

Just ordered one.
    Is the sim a normal sim or is it a micro sim? whats the best (cheapest) website to unlock the phone?
    cheers :D

brennra wrote: »
    Just ordered one.
    Is the sim a normal sim or is it a micro sim? whats the best (cheapest) website to unlock the phone?
    cheers :D
    Normal sim and FastGSM.

While we are discussing SIMs, does it come with a memory card like the Vodafone one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

1gb micro memory card included plus adaptor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭brennra

can anybody get skype video calls working on it? can it handle it? I cant find skype settings to even check :S

I have the Desire S with a front facing camera and wont do proper skype video calls. its just the app thats crap .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement