Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭brian_t

http://www.filmsite.org/gone.html

"The title of the film "GONE WITH THE WIND" is displayed in gigantic, majestic words, each one individually sweeping across the screen from right to left above a red-hued sunset. As the titles and credits play, carefully-selected images of the Old South are portrayed as backgrounds - a green pasture with horses grazing, a river at night, magnolias, a mill constructed from bricks, slaves working in the fields, peaceful Southern plantations, the city of Atlanta, and a sunset."

"A pulled-back camera view shows Tara and a colorful, flaming sunset sky"

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

Ha, was thinking it was Gone with the Wind, thought I may have been wrong though. Cheers, brian_t.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

a film from the early 90s. an ice hockey player thats either injured or washed up. ends up joining forces with an olympic bound female ice skater to win gold. they originally start out hating each other but in the end i think they fall in love. the film ends with a box with the gold medal in it.
    wonder is it called "jagged edge"? "the cutting edge"?

a film from the early 90s. an ice hockey player thats either injured or washed up. ends up joining forces with an olympic bound female ice skater to win gold. they originally start out hating each other but in the end i think they fall in love. the film ends with a box with the gold medal in it.
    wonder is it called "jagged edge"? "the cutting edge"?

The Cutting Edge

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

woohoo!!! cheers man!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Turkana

I'm looking for an Irish movie, the details are a bit sketchy but it involves an African dude, I think he's an ex-priest of some sort, and some Dublin based Nigerian gang, and some Irish detectives... it's a crime / thriller. That's all I got! Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

Turkana wrote: »
    I'm looking for an Irish movie, the details are a bit sketchy but it involves an African dude, I think he's an ex-priest of some sort, and some Dublin based Nigerian gang, and some Irish detectives... it's a crime / thriller. That's all I got! Anyone?

The Front Line, perhaps?

IMDB Synopsis
    An African immigrant bank security guard turns the tables on Dublin's nastiest criminals when they force him to be the "inside man" on a bank robbery

SVG wrote: »
    The Front Line, perhaps?

This film will be on Movies4men 2 on Sunday 21st August at 9.00pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Turkana

Thanks SVG! That's the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

Sorry if this is really vague but when I was a child (I'm 21 now) I saw some film on TV where there was this tiny little person caught in a spider web in the forest and he was screaming "helllllllllllppppppp meeeee" in a squeaky voice and there were normal sized people walking by who didn't notice. Then the spider bit him and wrapped him up in silk, any idea? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

gypsy rose wrote:
    Sorry if this is really vague but when I was a child (I'm 21 now) I saw some film on TV where there was this tiny little person caught in a spider web in the forest and he was screaming "helllllllllllppppppp meeeee" in a squeaky voice and there were normal sized people walking by who didn't notice. Then the spider bit him and wrapped him up in silk, any idea?

reminds me of the original Fly movie (1958):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051622/quotes

there was a scene at the end when the character was screaming Help me! Help meeee!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭pink-mist

Epic idea!

Ok so I saw this movie about 10/11 years ago. It had 'time' in the name I'm pretty sure. Anyway it was all about these guys from the future who could teleport back to dates that huge disasters happened (eg. plane crashes, wars) and then there's the good guy who's chasing them... Its really vague but I've been wondering for ages what it is, probably no good these days but I loved it at the time!

pink-mist wrote: »
    Epic idea!

Ok so I saw this movie about 10/11 years ago. It had 'time' in the name I'm pretty sure. Anyway it was all about these guys from the future who could teleport back to dates that huge disasters happened (eg. plane crashes, wars) and then there's the good guy who's chasing them... Its really vague but I've been wondering for ages what it is, probably no good these days but I loved it at the time!

Timecop

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111438/

Epic idea!

The Time Shifters aka Thrill Seekers

johndoe99 wrote: »
    reminds me of the original Fly movie (1958):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051622/quotes

there was a scene at the end when the character was screaming Help me! Help meeee!

haha nice one I'll have to watch that, it isn't the one though, the one I watched was in colour I think. Maybe it was a television programme or something, I'm fairly sure it was a film of some kind though ,albeit a bad one ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14pIrRclWTY

Nevermind I think I found it, that's not the scene but it's probably the right film. Urgh, still gives me the creeps!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Hey lads not exactly a film but a video,

if someone has a sec i'd love to remember it.

details here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73843636

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

Epic idea!

maybe timescape http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104362/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I'm gonna feel really weird describing this film............

Don't know the year, don't know when the film is set. It's French, I'm pretty sure, and takes place inside a large manor or something that doubled as a school for young ballerinas. The scene that sticks out in my head all the time is when the girls are performing, and you briefly see the crowd, silhouetted in cigarette smoke. I saw it on television years ago and it made me uneasy, it was a very sinister film somehow. Can't find a thing about it online, and have been looking for it for a while, now.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Stray_Cat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

I'm gonna feel really weird describing this film............

Don't know the year, don't know when the film is set. It's French, I'm pretty sure, and takes place inside a large manor or something that doubled as a school for young ballerinas. The scene that sticks out in my head all the time is when the girls are performing, and you briefly see the crowd, silhouetted in cigarette smoke. I saw it on television years ago and it made me uneasy, it was a very sinister film somehow. Can't find a thing about it online, and have been looking for it for a while, now.

Maybe Innocence?

SVG wrote: »
    Maybe Innocence?

http://www.brightlightsfilm.com/53/innocence.htm

The girls are given costumes of butterfly wings, simultaneously symbols of their entrapment (Miss Edith's butterflies in the box) and of their future metamorphosis, escape and freedom (Miss Edith's biology lesson), and left to give a dance performance. But in Nadia's case it's made clear that the girls are being coerced into this: she tries to run off when she discovers there's an audience waiting for them and she's forced back on the stage, just as during the performance when she falls down and tries to run off, she is pushed back by Miss Eva.
    The members of the audience are all darkened silhouettes but it is implied that it is a male audience, with obvious sinister overtones. At only one time do we hear a voice — a male voice — from the audience, when a shadowy figure in a theatre box throws a rose to Bianca with a cry "You are the most beautiful one!" The sexual implications of this transaction are shown in the way Bianca stops, tucks the rose into her costume, and smiles up at the figure in the darkness, while Miss Eva's eyes flicker with foreboding as she watches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

YES, that's the one. Watching the trailer just now makes me think I may have just been put on a particular register.

Thanks, y'all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ItsAtrick

Lookin for a film about a group of brothers who go fight in the war. They join the navy and somehow end up on the same boat/submarine, with tragic consequences. It's in black and white. Seen it when I was young and me da cant remember the name of it!
    Any help would be great.
    First Post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Would it be The Fighting Sullivans? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0037323/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ItsAtrick

Would it be The Fighting Sullivans? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0037323/
    That's the one! Thanks a million, dont know how you knew that.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

13spanner wrote: »
    Ok this is really vague, any help appreciated.
    So the main character has a flashback ( I think ) to when he was a young boy, like 9 or 10. He's in an orphanage and him and the other boys break into the kitchens, or break out into the halls. Anyway he meets up with a young girl in the orphanage and he tries to help her get past a big steel gate seperating the 2 of them. She falls and dies, and his flashback ends.
    It's a memory I have since I was like 6 or 7.
    I think the movie is 'The Saint' starring Val Kilmer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

I`m trying to think of a movie I`ve seen around the time another movie came out called Catfish.

It`s based on the same thing as Catfish, but much more disturbing, a girl talks/meets some dude over the net then ends up being kidnapped and taken to this place I think is out in the woods and he does some bad things to her, near the end any ways he ends up putting her into a barrel and burring her alive, the thing about the end scene is that there`s no edits or what not, the camera just shows him digging the hole in real time, all the while you can here this girl screaming from the barrel, it must be about 10 minutes long.

Any ways some one asked me about it and I can`t remember the name of it, I think it was a longish title with a girls name in it, something like who killed...then the name, or have you seen...

Its bugging the hell out of me....

lewis wrote: »
    I`m trying to think of a movie I`ve seen around the time another movie came out called Catfish.

It`s based on the same thing as Catfish, but much more disturbing, a girl talks/meets some dude over the net then ends up being kidnapped and taken to this place I think is out in the woods and he does some bad things to her, near the end any ways he ends up putting her into a barrel and burring her alive, the thing about the end scene is that there`s no edits or what not, the camera just shows him digging the hole in real time, all the while you can here this girl screaming from the barrel, it must be about 10 minutes long.

Any ways some one asked me about it and I can`t remember the name of it, I think it was a longish title with a girls name in it, something like who killed...then the name, or have you seen...

Its bugging the hell out of me....

It's Megan is Missing Not a great film by any stretch of the imagination but the ending was interesting if heavy handed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

It's Megan is Missing Not a great film by any stretch of the imagination but the ending was interesting if heavy handed

THATS THE FECKER, jaysus me heads been wrecked trying to think of it, good man, Yeah I know it`s not the greatest movie, but heh, now I can relax...cheers!!

Advertisement