Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Colourful Characters of Waterford

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

mary 7up?

im not sure of her name but she has a golden labrador

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

im not sure of her name but she has a golden labrador

Has anyone figured out who this is? My girlfriend told me some crazy wan walking a Labrador spit on her car and I didn't believe her, I said yer woman probably had bad aim or somethin' but lo and behold about two weeks ago I was turning off the Cork Rd in the Punto and same wan turned and spat at the car! WTF!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

batm!ke wrote: »
    Has anyone figured out who this is? My girlfriend told me some crazy wan walking a Labrador spit on her car and I didn't believe her, I said yer woman probably had bad aim or somethin' but lo and behold about two weeks ago I was turning off the Cork Rd in the Punto and same wan turned and spat at the car! WTF!

I know where she lives , if your passing her house she accuses ya of stalking her or something , she's so damn aggressive , wonder why her brother ever lets her out tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Francie Duggan and his donkey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Chap works for the corporation with the biggest curly amount of hair ever

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭MsBojangles

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    The other daughter.. well the look she would give you when passing her by, would turn you to stone.

you sure you not on bout his sister?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

seanybiker wrote: »
    Chap works for the corporation with the biggest curly amount of hair ever
    If he wear´s glasses his name is Shapes

Yeah that's him. Sound fella him.
    Anyone remember the young fella white dude with the ginger fro. What a legend. Think he busked a bit aswell.

Anyone remember the young fella white dude with the ginger fro. What a legend. Think he busked a bit aswell.

Think the Ginger Afro guys name was Colm Power r somethin like that, he was a Forum head AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Does he have a beard as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

U cant forget The Minister , what a man

anyone knw a bald lad id say he is in his 30's, he has a load of tatoos and and always weres a metal band t shirt ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Master and commander

I know where she lives , if your passing her house she accuses ya of stalking her or something , she's so damn aggressive , wonder why her brother ever lets her out tbh

I think I came across this wan before. Is she 5'6"ish, dark curlyish hair and kinda hefty?? If that her i met (passed) her walking her lab dog down on the disused part of the WSVR in bilberry. It was around where the dog pound is. I was walking against her and when i had passed by, she turned around and shouted some thing like; "did you get tired of looking did ya? you black f*cker! There's no black f*cker going to jump out of the bushes and attack me!......."

I was shocked, never experienced this kinda thing before while walking, I had gone there many times before. I replied "what are you on about, i didn't do anything to you???" Then she called me a black f*cker once more and continued on her way.
    For the life of me, i can't unterstand why she was calling me a black f*cker. I'm white and irish FFS! This happened last summer.
    Crazy oul bat. All very strange.

Does she live down that way?
    I thought maybe she did live down there and was pissed off cos people were walking on the tracks behind her home, but now reading this i realise she s just a mad oul wan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Master and commander

These are the ones i remember seeing and hearing of:

How-do man - old geezer who goes around saying how do to passers by. Hilarious. Always around the library and barronstrand st.

Shammy - Now dead. He used to go around talking truckers CB slang all the time 10-4 10-4. Dead a while now. From around ferrybank. He was found dead in a shed a while back.

Tramore road man: Allways sitting on a deckchair near the halfway house on the tramore rd, with a pile of dutch gold and cider cans beside him. Always pissed and laughing/shouting at passing cars. Sometimes wearing alternately; a santa suit, full camoflage or more usually a hi vis get-up.

Neo - a lunatic going around ferrybank usually with a shaved head, and with sunglasses and black trenchcoat. GF said he used to be in McDonalds in town after a night out and they used to send him upstairs to the jacks to find agent smith. Nutter. I think he's moved onto some other style now.

There was a crazy bum that used to live behind argos/Mcdonalds in the carpark, hold up in the arches under the old city walls.

Also the guy in Larkins(i think) butcher shop. This place hasn't sold a piece of meat in 20 yrs but yer man still opens the old fashioned shop every day and the city's older folk call in for a chat. It was in the paper at one stage, and a cutting of it is taped to the shop window. Interesting.

Theres also that scruffy oul fella with the kinda rough goatee beard thats always sitting on a bench in the Lisduggan shopping centre

Then there's Mr. Madigan in Madigans offie. Jez that place is some kip. You go in and he wipes the dust off the cans before you get them and wraps bottles in newspaper. And the amount of crap stuck to the wall in the back shop is unreal. It's like some kind of dirty sticker protest. Sometimes you see yer man with the checkered jacket, and wellies rolled down to his ankles and he would be mullocking away with crates of beer in the yard around the corner near tesco. He has a really squeeky vioice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

. Any you see yer man with the ckecker jacked and wellied rolled down mullicking away with crates of stuff in the yard around the corner near tesco. He has a really squeeky vioice.

What? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Then there's Mr. Madigan in Madigans offie. Jez that place is some kip. You go in and he wipes the dust off the cans before you get them and wraps bottles in newspaper. And the amount of crap stuck to the wall in the back shop is unreal. It's like some kind of dirty sticker protest. Sometimes you see yer man with the checkered jacket, and wellies rolled down to his ankles and he would be mullocking away with crates of beer in the yard around the corner near tesco. He has a really squeeky vioice.

Ah, that'd be Bosco Madigan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Anyone remember 'The Whistler', he was an oul fella who walked around the town all day with a dog whistling at the top of his lungs.

shockwave wrote: »
    Anyone remember 'The Whistler', he was an oul fella who walked around the town all day with a dog whistling at the top of his lungs.

You serious, he should have put that dog on Britains Got Talent - Simon Cowell was crying out for an act like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

jimbojazz wrote: »
    You serious, he should have put that dog on Britains Got Talent - Simon Cowell was crying out for an act like that

:D:D:D

I'm sure a lot of people would remember Frankie Byrne from the Villa football club. Dedicated his life to the club, a good man.

Speaking of Football Clubs, the guy who looks like Santa at all the Tramore AFC games is a total ledgebag (!) He's even got a Tramore AFC tattoo on his leg! Philly or somethin his name is. Plays Santa around town at Christmas, and I even saw him performing with a gospel choir in Red Square the week before the Tall Ships! Supposedly a really nice guy, my da knows him fairly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

shockwave wrote: »

I remember The Whistler:D! Used to see him a lot in Darrers. He was an uncle of a woman my mother worked with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

batm!ke wrote: »
    Speaking of Football Clubs, the guy who looks like Santa at all the Tramore AFC games is a total ledgebag (!) He's even got a Tramore AFC tattoo on his leg! Philly or somethin his name is. Plays Santa around town at Christmas, and I even saw him performing with a gospel choir in Red Square the week before the Tall Ships! Supposedly a really nice guy, my da knows him fairly well.

That's Geno Kavanagh, my friend's Dad:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭cbl593h

73Cat wrote: »
    I remember The Whistler:D! Used to see him a lot in Darrers. He was an uncle of a woman my mother worked with.

Tommy Kinsella. There used be a painting of him on the wall in Shefflins back in the day. Wonder where it is now???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭RC88

anyone remember joe fag(used to hang around shops asking ya for a quid, always be smoking a fag) or sqippy(old c*** with a frame that used to whack anyone smaller than him until you pushed him of it) from dungarvan

joe was bit annoying but harmless but i hated sqippy with a passion

plus anyone know anything bout the fella who used to dress up as neo in ferrybank

Tommy the **** engine. Jaysus he was an awful idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

There was a man in the early 80s who used to hang around Burgerland. He had a wild, red, straggly comb-over and was known as Fuckthepig/Screwthepig because legend has it that he had. I always wanted to feel sorry for him but he was an aggressive so and so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Where was Burgerland, beside the Book Centre?

Nolanger wrote: »
    Where was Burgerland, beside the Book Centre?

Up by sherwoods

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Tommy the **** engine. Jaysus he was an awful idiot.

Is that Tommy Power from Hillview? Famous for being caught **** out a window apparently.

That'd be Kev Power. Pretty sure he was in Australia for a while and kept the fro the whole time. Must have been roasting. Good musician is Kev. Still meet him the odd time around town.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Is that Tommy Power from Hillview? Famous for being caught **** out a window apparently.

Tommy barry. Yeah that's the fella.

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »

EEjit, he should have got a grip of himself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement