Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Last night when Fiz asked the cop if he had children and he said "Do I have children..?" I was half expecting him to continue with, "You tell me, did Maria go through with the abortion?" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭perri winkles

ah here what!?! Steve gets Tracey pregnant!?
    The writers have totally ruined Steve and Becky I loved them as a couple and now they went and fecked it all up.

Tracey cannot act to save her life, and I wont be tuning in to hear her gloat for the guts of a year about how she got steve back into bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

iguana wrote: »
    Last night when Fiz asked the cop if he had children and he said "Do I have children..?" I was half expecting him to continue with, "You tell me, did Maria go through with the abortion?" :)

I'm confused; did he play a different character before.

Epicurus wrote: »
    I'm confused; did he play a different character before.

Yeah. He actually played 3 different characters in Corrie. I remember him best as John Arnley in '02+'03. Toyah's lecturer who she dated but he had an affair with Maria and got her pregnant. Fiz, Maria and Toyah lived together at the time and Fiz knew about Maria's affair and who the father was so didn't support Maria when she had an abortion.

DC Redfern
    DC_Redfern.JPG

John Arnley
    John_Arnley.jpg

Both played by Paul Warriner who was also Angie's boyfriend, Ben back in the early 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Wow. He got hotter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,486 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ah here what!?! Steve gets Tracey pregnant!?
    The writers have totally ruined Steve and Becky I loved them as a couple and now they went and fecked it all up.

Tracey cannot act to save her life, and I wont be tuning in to hear her gloat for the guts of a year about how she got steve back into bed

They did the same to Karen and now Becky :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    They did the same to Karen and now Becky :rolleyes:

And Victoria before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I don't like Becky so I don't mind her leaving. But I can't believe they're giving Tracy such big storylines. She can't act. She is alright at sarky one liners but anything involving a sliver of emotion - forget it.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

If Tina had eased that neckline down another half-inch, Graeme's choice would have been a no-brainer. :rolleyes:

So I guess that was the start of James turning out to be a fraudster.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Oliverdog wrote: »
    If Tina had eased that neckline down another half-inch, Graeme's choice would have been a no-brainer. :rolleyes:

Graeme himself is a no-brainer.
    iguana wrote: »
    So I guess that was the start of James turning out to be a fraudster.:rolleyes:

Yeah, I got that impression too. Another screwed up Barlow, no surprise there then.

I enjoyed tonights episodes, bit of vintage Corrie with a bit of good script. Dev with the shower cap, Roys mother being caustic but funny at the same time and the interfering Indian aunts and Julies ex showing up. Though I get the impression I'll be sick of the aunts and Julies ex before long. Plenty of good dialogue in it, and not so dark and depressing as the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mistyeyes321

Going down hill fast at the moment Corrie don't know what their thinking! Steve & Tracey oh how wonderful cannot wait:rolleyes:
    The Story line right now with the Suni/ Dev & "AUNTIES" Pathetic & I'm being Generous:eek: Can't stand any of them get them off please..
    Is Tina going out of it too? With Grey picking the other bad Acctress?!
    I know it need's shaking up from time to time but seriously never seen so many bad Actor's all in one place!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Poor Tina!! :(

Xin is well due a good slap in the jaw!

I love Roy's mother! 'Were you just browsing?!'

There was a little bit of classic corrie thrown in there tonight! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Graham is an idiot!!! Tina is so beautiful and so nice!!! Xin is ugly and stupid and sooooo irritating!

Xin is ugly and stupid and sooooo irritating!

Hamster cheeks :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I find it pretty unbelievable that dopey Graeme could have two beauties lusting after him but then this is soapland. I was trying to put myself in his position (I wish!), to see which one I'd choose. While I would've picked Tina up until a few weeks ago, I'd be definitely going with Xin now.

Who would you choose if you found yourself in a similar situation?

Ladies feel free to express your opinion, if you've ever felt that way inclined ;)

Tina!!!! Xin is not pretty! Her face is weird!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

What ever happened to Dev's uncle. Was reminded of him with the two aunties. Dont know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Xin is ugly and stupid and sooooo irritating!

And played by an actress with the emotional range of a goldfish.

Tina!!!! Xin is not pretty! Her face is weird!!

I think Xin is very attractive. I first realised this when I saw her climbing the ladder to clean Emily Bishop's windows. ;)

• Advertisement

ollaetta wrote: »
    And played by an actress with the emotional range of a goldfish.

Omg, you really have managed to sum up her blandness!

And she has the most annoying accent EVER!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I'm disgusted with Graham...and that Xin one. All Tina risked lending the little bItch her home and her boyfriend:mad:. Xin had her sights set on him from the beginning, what a disloyal friend:(. (yeah yeah-I know, it's not real...it's only a soap)

Ann22 wrote: »
    I'm disgusted with Graham...and that Xin one. All Tina risked lending the little bItch her home and her boyfriend:mad:. Xin had her sights set on him from the beginning, what a disloyal friend:(. (yeah yeah-I know, it's not real...it's only a soap)

Poor Xin. None of this would've happened if the actor who plays Graeme hadn't decided to leave the soap. ;)
    I reckon he'll be back with his tail between his legs after a year or two. I hardly think he's Hamlet material. :D

bijapos wrote: »
    Yeah, I got that impression too. Another screwed up Barlow, no surprise there then.

Oh FGS!!!!

Coronation Street's Ken Barlow will reportedly be left for dead after discovering that his grandson James has stolen from him.

Ken (William Roache) discovered he had another grandson last year when he was reunited with his long-lost son Lawrence. However, it soon became clear that Lawrence and James - played by Roache's real life sons Linus and James - are estranged due to James's sexuality.

When James recently returned to the Street, Ken allowed him to move in with the Barlows as he worked in a homeless shelter with Sophie Webster and Sian Powers. According to The Sun, James is encouraged by the charity to scam his grandfather so that it can purchase a property to create a new halfway house.

A shocked Ken will later discover that James has taken out a loan against his home, with the Barlows unable to afford the large repayments.

"How could you do it?" Ken asks him. "You come into my house as a guest, as my grandson, as my own flesh and blood - and then set about robbing my family of everything we've ever worked for. You're nothing but a cheap conman, a two-bit crook!"

James apparently hits back: "I'd rather be a crook than a doddering old hypocrite like you."

As Ken attempts to call the police, a panicked James hits him, leaving him on the floor to be discovered by his wife Deidre (Anne Kirkbride).

A source said: "It'll be weird for James watching himself punching his dad, but they're gripping scenes."

• Registered Users Posts: 85,486 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a324436/summer-of-love-on-coronation-street.html

Several Coronation Street characters will apparently find love over the summer.

Eileen (Sue Cleaver) will fall for a firefighter called Paul, who is yet to be cast. Son Jason (Ryan Thomas) will reportedly be embarrassed by the romance, and "flippant" Paul won't get along with everyone, The People reports.

Audrey (Sue Nicholls) will finally get together with cross-dressing friend Marc Selby (Andrew Hall) after the pair become tipsy at her 71st birthday party.

Meanwhile, Rita (Barbara Knox) will start a relationship with the recently returned Dennis Tanner (Phillip Lowrie), and the pair plan to marry. Roy's mum Sylvia Goodwin (Stephanie Cole) will compete for Dennis's affections.

Newcomer Eva (Catherine Tyldesley) - Michelle Collins's on-screen daughter - flirts with Steve McDonald and Gary Windass before getting involved with new boss Nick (Ben Price).

Finally, Dev's daughter Amber (Nikki Patel) will get with Tommy Duckworth (Chris Fountain) after being expelled from university. However, Tommy is using Amber for Dev's money.

"Everyone loves a good romance. Producers saw the popularity of the royal wedding so are giving the public what they want on the street as well," a source said.

"We are expecting at least 14 characters to find love over the summer; some with disastrous consequences and others with happier endings."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Is that feckin Tommy still in it? Bloody hell:rolleyes:.Why wont they someone murder him?:p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a324436/summer-of-love-on-coronation-street.html

Several Coronation Street characters will apparently find love over the summer.

Eileen (Sue Cleaver) will fall for a firefighter called Paul, who is yet to be cast. Son Jason (Ryan Thomas) will reportedly be embarrassed by the romance, and "flippant" Paul won't get along with everyone, The People reports.

Audrey (Sue Nicholls) will finally get together with cross-dressing friend Marc Selby (Andrew Hall) after the pair become tipsy at her 71st birthday party.

Meanwhile, Rita (Barbara Knox) will start a relationship with the recently returned Dennis Tanner (Phillip Lowrie), and the pair plan to marry. Roy's mum Sylvia Goodwin (Stephanie Cole) will compete for Dennis's affections.

Newcomer Eva (Catherine Tyldesley) - Michelle Collins's on-screen daughter - flirts with Steve McDonald and Gary Windass before getting involved with new boss Nick (Ben Price).

Finally, Dev's daughter Amber (Nikki Patel) will get with Tommy Duckworth (Chris Fountain) after being expelled from university. However, Tommy is using Amber for Dev's money.

"Everyone loves a good romance. Producers saw the popularity of the royal wedding so are giving the public what they want on the street as well," a source said.

"We are expecting at least 14 characters to find love over the summer; some with disastrous consequences and others with happier endings."

Audrey is 71. What age was she when she had Gail. She looks like if she is not far of 71 at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Audrey is 71. What age was she when she had Gail. She looks like if she is not far of 71 at times.

Was Gail's 50th when David found her diary saying she was going to have an abortion with him?

Is so that was about 3/4 years ago, making her about 53-54?

So Audreh had her in her late teens?

EDIT - Just checked Wiki, Gail was born in 1958, so she's 53. Boo yah! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement