Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

"If I go down, you're going down with me."
    RUN FIZ, RUN!! He's a psycho!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Well, that was very dissapointing!

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Well, that was very dissapointing!
    It was pretty boring alright. *Yawn*

It won't be any good until Thursday or Friday... and I'm just sick of Steve or Becky and have lost all interest in what happens to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

i'm starting to lose interest in the show, tonights episode was very bad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I didnt know it was on tonight.I'll have to have a look on the player.Seems I did not miss too much action;).By the way, them bloody ads on the player gets right up my nose too:mad:

• Advertisement

jimmyw wrote: »
    I didnt know it was on tonight.I'll have to have a look on the player.Seems I did not miss too much action;).By the way, them bloody ads on the player gets right up my nose too:mad:
    it's on at 9 every day next week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Bloody hell, should be interesting.

I really wish Graham and Xin would hurry up and feck off, I lost interest in that storyline after about 2 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

seanybiker wrote: »
    Don't like that xian one at all. Give an inch take a mile. Hope she never gets another acting job lol
    Jesus :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,919 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Four Coronation Street stars have today been tipped to leave the soap at the end of their current contracts.

Holly Quin-Ankrah, Will Thorp and Finton Flynn - who play Gray trio Cheryl, Chris and Russ - are among the cast members bowing out and they will all finish filming with the Weatherfield drama towards the end of the year, according to reports in The People and the News of the World today.

Meanwhile, Sacha Parkinson - better known as Sophie Webster's girlfriend Sian Powers - will reportedly depart the cobbles in early 2012.

The decision to write out all four characters was apparently confirmed at a recent Corrie storyline conference, where upcoming plot developments were mapped out by the soap's team.

In a forthcoming twist, estranged couple Cheryl and Chris are expected to reunite and leave the Street with son Russ, causing heartbreak for their new partners Lloyd Mullaney and Maria Connor.

Sian has also been tipped for heartache before her departure as The People claims that Sophie is to embark on a new relationship with Dev Alahan's daughter Amber, who is returning to the programme.

In the story, Amber is expected to return home from university and it soon becomes clear that she has been questioning her sexuality.

Craig Charles, who plays Lloyd, will also disappear from Corrie later this year, but only on a temporary basis as bosses have granted him three months off to film new episodes of Red Dwarf. His Weatherfield commitments will continue as usual once he has reprised his role as Dave Lister for the project.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Four Coronation Street stars have today been tipped to leave the soap at the end of their current contracts.

Holly Quin-Ankrah, Will Thorp and Finton Flynn - who play Gray trio Cheryl, Chris and Russ - are among the cast members bowing out and they will all finish filming with the Weatherfield drama towards the end of the year, according to reports in The People and the News of the World today.

Meanwhile, Sacha Parkinson - better known as Sophie Webster's girlfriend Sian Powers - will reportedly depart the cobbles in early 2012.

The decision to write out all four characters was apparently confirmed at a recent Corrie storyline conference, where upcoming plot developments were mapped out by the soap's team.

In a forthcoming twist, estranged couple Cheryl and Chris are expected to reunite and leave the Street with son Russ, causing heartbreak for their new partners Lloyd Mullaney and Maria Connor.

Sian has also been tipped for heartache before her departure as The People claims that Sophie is to embark on a new relationship with Dev Alahan's daughter Amber, who is returning to the programme.

In the story, Amber is expected to return home from university and it soon becomes clear that she has been questioning her sexuality.

Craig Charles, who plays Lloyd, will also disappear from Corrie later this year, but only on a temporary basis as bosses have granted him three months off to film new episodes of Red Dwarf. His Weatherfield commitments will continue as usual once he has reprised his role as Dave Lister for the project.

No great loss in my opinion. Oh no that Amber one is back...I hated her the first time around and now she's a lesbian...good god!!! :rolleyes:

more like grey trio they are that miserable:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Mmm A Fizz shower scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Johnnyq79

Mmm A Fizz shower scene.

There was no need for it at all.

in all my years watching the street i've never seen a shower seen until now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Shelga

The Fiz shower scene was bizarre! Also, am I the only one who didn't know it was on last night and is a bit out of the loop now?? ITV just stick it on whenever they want! :mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I was watching the shower scene thinking, "This is why we had to wait until after the watershed for Corrie?":(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

I was expecting a tribute to Psycho during that shower scene, with John stabbing Fiz to death with a carving knife. Throw the body in after Colins. He could get Xian to help him in return for murdering Tina so she is left with Graeme. That would give him the street murder record as well. Happy Days.

At this stage Chesney and co have been locked up for 10 or 14 days. John seems to bring them a sandwich and a bottle of water every few days, but they shoudl be starving to death or be in total dehydration by now. Also where do they pee and crap, and FFS I know Chesney is young but either himself or Charlottes father must have a bit of stubble after a fortnight.

Props dept seem to have lost Fiz's handbag, she didn't look in it once the last couple of days. With any luck they threw it out with Kevins jacket.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Johnnyq79 wrote: »
    There was no need for it at all.

What did posters on here ever do to Fizz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Just want to say, John Stape is the greatest character ever. A legend. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭optogirl

Absolutely hilarious - comedy murderer - bumbling about with feeble excuses, visibly sweating as his wife look on with a slightly perturbed facial expression (when it's not buried in her handbag of course!!)

I hear Amber is set to make a return - let's see how many 'man's she can fit in a sentence, man.
    Can't wait for her revealing her sexuality to Dev...should be a masterclass in acting from him
    First he'll need to show his anger by raising the volume of his voice in inappropriate and outlandish ways
    Next he, after some soothing and wise words from Sunita, will realise he could lose his daughter and convey this new found realisation by whimpering and sitting at the bar in the Rovers knocking back whiskey and being comedy drunk

It's going to be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

When Mr Hoyle attempted to get the hammer off John at the top of the steps.. he was on his way for a much needed peepee. John tied him up again and the widdle was totally forgotten about:confused:.

How fast did Fizz get out of her clothes??!! She stormed up the stairs and the shower was switched on the moment she reached the top..the next second she was in it..clothes all over the place. I personally found the shower scene slightly unsettling....I'm not used to bare skin in Corrie:(.

I wish she wouldn't do that lip trembly thing...it's so false. And I hate the way she stares all wide eyed at the ground ...in her efforts to look traumatised. I can't really explain in words what she does that annoys me...even the way she talks, it's something to do with her thin lips and tiny little gappy teeth..she sounds like a gummy person..:(.

Am pleased to see the back of Cheryl and co. I haven't warmed to her. It might've helped if they pronounced her name as 'Sheryl' not 'Ch' as in 'cherry', that annoys me. Poor Lloyd:( Hope as we see the back of their heads as they go off in the taxi, Chris giving her a clip round the ear:).

Becky would have a decent chance of getting to keep Max if she stopped behaving like a scumbag and was a bit more polite to the 'social'. I know she's had a bad time with them in the past but she should use her tiny brains and do a spot of brown nosing if she really wants to keep the little lad. He's just gorgeous isn't he? Bit village of the damned but sure no matter.

Am not impressed with Graham leaping from one bed to another..tut tut! They should've showed him coming clean to Tina that he was in love with Xin not persuading her to let him jump on her bones within 5mins of clambouring out of Xin's bed:mad:. It's so unlike his character to do it. Suppose he can't believe his luck having two stunning women competing for his lurrve.

Ann22 wrote: »
    Becky would have a decent chance of getting to keep Max if she stopped behaving like a scumbag and was a bit more polite to the 'social'. I know she's had a bad time with them in the past but she should use her tiny brains and do a spot of brown nosing if she really wants to keep the little lad.

What got to me last night was the solicitor telling Steve that due to Tracey's behaviour over the last 6 months he and Becky stood a good chance of getting even full custody of Amy. What about Becky's behaviour? It's been every bit as vile, far more public and often criminal. She obstructed the police in their investigation of Claire, smashed her way into the Platt's and physically attacked David and Kylie, she has a monthly drunken rampage and is regularly seen swigging hard liquor from a large bottle - even on her good days and would have kidnapped Max and Amy if Jim hadn't decided to rob a bank.

Added to the fact that Becky and Steve both have criminal records while Tracey doesn't, as her conviction was quashed. Steve would definitely get access, but as long as he's with Becky full custody is out of the question.

iguana wrote: »
    What got to me last night was the solicitor telling Steve that due to Tracey's behaviour over the last 6 months he and Becky stood a good chance of getting even full custody of Amy. What about Becky's behaviour? It's been every bit as vile, far more public and often criminal. She obstructed the police in their investigation of Claire, smashed her way into the Platt's and physically attacked David and Kylie, she has a monthly drunken rampage and is regularly seen swigging hard liquor from a large bottle - even on her good days and would have kidnapped Max and Amy if Jim hadn't decided to rob a bank.

Added to the fact that Becky and Steve both have criminal records while Tracey doesn't, as her conviction was quashed. Steve would definitely get access, but as long as he's with Becky full custody is out of the question.

I'd say if swearing on soaps was allowed..she'd curse like a fishwife. It'd be 'You f*****n' b*****ding c*nting *b*tch Tracy!!. Yeah she's always staggering about the place in the middle of the day dressed like a lap dancer swigging out of a bottle. Shameful behaviour for a mother to be at. Every time she has a problem she's away on the p*ss. You can't be at that craic if you're trying to get custody of a child. Even when they were trying to adopt she was dog ignorant to the social worker and she was a decent woman who did want to help.

Ann22 wrote: »
    I'd say if swearing on soaps was allowed..she'd curse like a fishwife. It'd be 'You f*****n' b*****ding c*nting *b*tch Tracy!!. Yeah she's always staggering about the place in the middle of the day dressed like a lap dancer swigging out of a bottle. Shameful behaviour for a mother to be at. Every time she has a problem she's away on the p*ss. You can't be at that craic if you're trying to get custody of a child. Even when they were trying to adopt she was dog ignorant to the social worker and she was a decent woman who did want to help.

Yup, Tracey is a nasty bitch and I wouldn't want her for a mother but Becky has alcohol dependency issues along with no self control. She'd be a thousand times worse. She'd probably love the child more in her own way, but it would be a toxic type of love that could easily turn to abuse as the child gets older and starts disagreeing with her.

I was roaring at the telly for Maria to answer her bleeding phone...feck sake..there was no reason why she couldn't answer it. The child was quiet:confused:. She could at least have looked to see who was ringing her. Poor John's totally lost the plot:o.

Xin has absolutely no patience at all..It's clear Graham's confused and is having trouble deciding who he wants. She's beyond annoying.

I laughed at Lloyd doing his nut when Steve said he'd told social services about them buying Max:D. I wonder when that happened btw..he didn't mention it in the phone call we saw him making (or did my brain switch off for a few seconds?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Just want to say, John Stape is the greatest character ever. A legend. :)

I whole-heartedly disagree. For some reason or other I missed him kidnapping Rosie, but I hear it is more of the same. I could like him, if he was some kind of evil genius, a Moriarty type figure, well schooled and well educated. Someone who properly thought out what his plan was. and executed it flawlessly. Instead I find his oft holier than though attitudes toward education and educating, coupled with his bumbling attempts at covering up his messes, and his slow descent into madness to be just tedious and often times cringe inducing. I like how this is finally playing out, partly, because it means it will soon be over, but also, it is finally a bit of drama, not slap stick comedy.

Surprisingly, it seems it is Steve who has turned into the evil genius, managing to sew up Tracy and Kyle in one fell swoop. The only remaining threat to his plan is Becky. Maybe he should lock her in the basement? I know I would.

I don't mind John so much....he's a halfwit I know, things never work out right for him. His problems all started when he started shagging Rosie Webster-the harlot..if only he'd kept his trousers on.

Fiz is an awful nag, no wonder he's gone off his trolley:(...he can't have grizzly secrets in peace with her following him about and incessantly asking him questions...freakin' nuisance:mad:. He does annoy me a little bit the way he hunches his shoulders and takes tiny wee bouncy steps around the sitting room..think he does it to give the impression the room's bigger or maybe it's to give him time to complete his line before he marches out of the room. Tyrone is also a regular tiny bouncy step taker.

The worst thing about John is that he's so arrogant about how smart he is when he is clearly an utter dimwit. He was so stupid he started shagging one of his students - who lived on the same street as his girlfriend. Then when it all came out and Kevin thumped him he went to the police and had Kevin sent to jail ensuring that there was no way on earth he could keep what happened quiet.

Then Fiz forgives him and he inherits his nan's house. He could have tried his hand at adult education at that point. In time, he probably would have talked Fiz into moving into his big, detached, large gardened, mortgage free house. But no, Genius John becomes a cabbie, tries to force Fiz to move without discussing it with her and while her brother, who she has custody of, still hates him. And when that doesn't work out he blames Rosie for being a stupid slut and kidnaps her and imprisons her in his nan's attic (it has an en suite, so there was no need for "comfort breaks") and tries to make her read the classics. And to make matters worse he befriends the Websters and pretends to help them look for Rosie by sending them on false trails.

Then when, amazingly, Fiz forgives him once more, marries him and most of the street accept him back into the community, he won't even consider taking a reasonably decent job that doesn't require a CRB check, like the museum guide, which John would most likely have enjoyed. Because this fuçking dufus thinks he has so much to give to the children.:rolleyes::mad:

• Advertisement

iguana wrote: »
    The worst thing about John is that he's so arrogant about how smart he is when he is clearly an utter dimwit. He was so stupid he started shagging one of his students - who lived on the same street as his girlfriend. Then when it all came out and Kevin thumped him he went to the police and had Kevin sent to jail ensuring that there was no way on earth he could keep what happened quiet.

Then Fiz forgives him and he inherits his nan's house. He could have tried his hand at adult education at that point. In time, he probably would have talked Fiz into moving into his big, detached, large gardened, mortgage free house. But no, Genius John becomes a cabbie, tries to force Fiz to move without discussing it with her and while her brother, who she has custody of, still hates him. And when that doesn't work out he blames Rosie for being a stupid slut and kidnaps her and imprisons her in his nan's attic (it has an en suite, so there was no need for "comfort breaks") and tries to make her read the classics. And to make matters worse he befriends the Websters and pretends to help them look for Rosie by sending them on false trails.

Then when, amazingly, Fiz forgives him once more, marries him and most of the street accept him back into the community, he won't even consider taking a reasonably decent job that doesn't require a CRB check, like the museum guide, which John would most likely have enjoyed. Because this fuçking dufus thinks he has so much to give to the children.:rolleyes::mad:

Well dip me in sugar and call me a doughnut, Iguana, I'd totally forgotten most of that:confused:. I'm not going to feel a bit sorry for him now when he lands on his head (assuming he leaps off a roof somewhere...popular method for doing away with folk in soapland).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement