Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving Equipment - For Sale/For Trade/Free

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Smart Guy

As you said in the first post, you wanted to sell the whole lot together and I can understand that. So as far as Im concerned you have a purchaser for the whole lot, while I might be disappointed sell away.

Smart Guy wrote: »
    As you said in the first post, you wanted to sell the whole lot together and I can understand that. So as far as Im concerned you have a purchaser for the whole lot, while I might be disappointed sell away.

+1, whatever's handiest for you Padi.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

hi guys, just a quick update to say sorry for buying the lot:o

you can rest assured they're going to a good home;)-items are in the post so'll let you know how i get on when they arrive- dying to try em out..:)

hey guys- package arrived this morning as promised, all present and accounted for.
    many thanks to Padi and i would have no problem recommending/dealing with him in future.

:Dwoohoo:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I have a nearly new Merkur Vision for sale. It was used twice and I think its a little too intense for me seeing as I'm a bit of a newb.

It cost me €95 in Dublin city and I'll take €60 for it. Its just been cleaned and disinfected so is ready to go.

There is a very small nick out of the metal on the top but doesn't affect the opening mechanism or shave quality.

I'm based in Rialto so it can be collected from there or I can meet you in Dublin city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Gents.... I've decided to sell the aforementioned due to little use. I paid over 50 squids for it with shipping from the states. If you're after a scuttle this is supposed to be the best out there. I'm more of a face latherer so unfortunately it's just taking up space in my cramped little bathroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Scuttle is now SOLD gents

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Got this for my birthday, it was a gamble and I lost.
    Used once and I'm not fond of the smell and if someone were to offer like €20 they could take it away in it's box if you like.
    Living in Carlow.

Got this for my birthday, it was a gamble and I lost.
    Used once and I'm not fond of the smell and if someone were to offer like €20 they could take it away in it's box if you like.
    Living in Carlow.

Hi GC,

I'd take it off you but its prob 6e in postage, i'm in dublin:)
    If you were selling it for 10e + postage costs <6e i'd buy it off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

thebullkf wrote: »
    Hi GC,

I'd take it off you but its prob 6e in postage, i'm in dublin:)
    If you were selling it for 10e + postage costs <6e i'd buy it off you.

I'll find out about postage tomorrow at lunchtime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Anyone interested in a H 3 (1962) Gillette Slim Adjustable?

Some plate loss inside one of the doors but most of the paint is still in the numbers. €15 by Paypal.

photo0734.jpg

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Anyone interested in a H 3 (1962) Gillette Slim Adjustable?

Hmmmm. Can't seem to edit that post, but anyway it's sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

Progress long-handle http://www.shaving.ie/products/Merkur-Progress-Long-Handle-510001.html and stand designed to hold it http://www.shaving.ie/products/Muhle-Nickel-Stand-with-Bowl.html for €30 together including postage in Ireland. Both as new. This is a great razor, especially for beginners/learners.

Please PM me if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Michael G wrote: »
    for €30 together including postage in Ireland.

That's a steal, great bargain. If I needed it, you'd have had a PM by now. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

micheal you have a pm;)

Shaving soap (stick)

A Spanish LEA shaving stick, free for the taking. I will cover postage, 50g and small, shouldn't be too painful..

lea2boardsie.jpg

lea1boardsie.jpg

Note for loitering boardsies and disposable users etc.. There is no point grabbing this from me if you don't have a shaving brush to activate the soap on your face. No point.

Only take it if you intend to put it to good use.

If you want it, leave a comment on thread, send me a PM with an address of some sort and it'll be posted out to you. Cheers.

My 'Shaving Bucket' is full.. need to make room.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I'll be in Spain in June. Plan to pick up some La Toja, anything else anybody wants/recommends...

MadsL wrote: »
    I'll be in Spain in June. Plan to pick up some La Toja, anything else anybody wants/recommends...

I guess you could try find the Spanish Floid aftershaves, Vigoroso and Suave. I think the Spanish Floid Blue may still be about - the Italian Floid Blue was discontinued recently.

Also Myrsol aftershaves if you can find them.

Nice offer on the shave stick too. I would be tempted to take it off if I didn't already have too many soaps and creams :D

hitemfrank wrote: »
    I guess you could try find the Spanish Floid aftershaves, Vigoroso and Suave.

Spanish Floïd Vigoroso is readily available, between €4 and €9 euro, depending on location.. avoid the Chemists, enough said. Try and find it in a Supermarket.

La Toja in DE friendly form was harder to find, but there is very tall (creamy) shaving foam cans available, with the same wonderful La Toja scent. For a shaving foam, it's very unctuous.

Thanks all, The floid had definately crossed my mind - I'll also try and pick up La Toja in some form.

• Advertisement

TAKEN

lea2boardsie.jpg

lea1boardsie.jpg

Taken by boards.ie member Raoul.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I have a bottle of Speick Eau de Cologne up for trade. I'm not too gone on the scent.

speick-cologne__97937_thumb.jpg

If interested, let me know what you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭gaza123

Hey Amalgam. I'd like it. But do you lather it with the brush on your face? Is it any good compared with soap lather in a bowl? Trying out different things with my new Parker de razor. Seen the soap sticks but haven't looked into how they work.

Soaps sticks can be great for travel (no bowl) - try the palmolive for about €2 in Tesco. Just wet face, apply stick, apply brush. Shave:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/40-Tutorial-how-to-use-a-shaving-stick

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭hairypigeon

Hi guys looking for a merkur futur if anyone had one a begging
    relatively new to safety razors so far i've had great success with bio oil tea tree oil on a brush and a merkur progress but i'm not a fan of the plastic adjuster on the base

• Registered Users Posts: 41 CottonMouth

~8 packs of Derbys available gratis,
    taking up space on a shelf the kids can now reach :eek:
    PM address (Irish only) if you need them

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Cottonmouth you have a pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 CottonMouth

~8 packs of Derbys available gratis,
    taking up space on a shelf the kids can now reach :eek:
    PM address (Irish only) if you need them

Going to Greenfly.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭RandomUsername

I have a Mekur Progress short handled version here lightly used but I prefer my 3 euro Wilkinson Sword . I think i have the origional box .
    Great condition only on small ding on one corner where my nephew dropped it . I don't think this effects the shave at all
    Razor is the same as this: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQx_CIuQ8__ic9wfDoPuO1tT49jgOAC7OimWnL-bslIXHbeombe

It would suit someone who is considering moving onto that style of razor but not fully convinced

These are 42 sterling on most sites .

I want 25 euro delivered and I'll throw in 10 derby extra blades to get you started

PM me if interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭RandomUsername

kevinfox wrote: »
    I have a Mekur Progress short handled version here lightly used but I prefer my 3 euro Wilkinson Sword . I think i have the origional box .
    Great condition only on small ding on one corner where my nephew dropped it . I don't think this effects the shave at all
    Razor is the same as this: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQx_CIuQ8__ic9wfDoPuO1tT49jgOAC7OimWnL-bslIXHbeombe

It would suit someone who is considering moving onto that style of razor but not fully convinced

These are 42 sterling on most sites .

I want 25 euro delivered and I'll throw in 10 derby extra blades to get you started

PM me if interested

Sold to thebullkf
    Best of luck with it & thanks to Boards

Advertisement