Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    I guess you didnt read todays metro herald or you known all that phones that were hacked were all androids phones not Iphones.

Not to sound smart assed but the title of the thread is apps for iphone and ipods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    I guess you didnt read todays metro herald or you known all that phones that were hacked were all androids phones not Iphones.
    Yeah, Metro always knows best :rolleyes:
    But in this thread, unless you are recommending an actual anti-virus app, it's not really on topic.

Just read that article now, it's the already reported stuff about Android phones, nothing new, and nothing to do with iOS devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Hi anyone know of a spam blocking app my imac stops them but not my iphone.
    Many Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Adverts.ie app now on iTunes!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Emperor Tomato Ketchup

On my new iphone4 I can't seem to make youtube links work from either Facebook or Safari which is pretty annoying as it comes pre-installed with apps for all three. I tried the new facebook upgrade and it didn't seem to solve the problem either. When the youtube link stalls in Facebook I can bring up an option to open it in Safari but that doesn't work either.

Having to copy the title of a youtube link into the search function of youtube and then have it lookfor it is not what I bought a super duper up to the minute peice of tech for.

Any solutions? I've looked around on settings and stuff and can't find anything to resolve it and link the YT and FB apps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

super 8 app...free at the moment...dunno how long for though,...

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/super-8/id435739918?mt=8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

On my new iphone4 I can't seem to make youtube links work from either Facebook or Safari which is pretty annoying as it comes pre-installed with apps for all three. I tried the new facebook upgrade and it didn't seem to solve the problem either. When the youtube link stalls in Facebook I can bring up an option to open it in Safari but that doesn't work either.

Having to copy the title of a youtube link into the search function of youtube and then have it lookfor it is not what I bought a super duper up to the minute peice of tech for.

Any solutions? I've looked around on settings and stuff and can't find anything to resolve it and link the YT and FB apps.

I have the same issue ever since one of Facebooks recent updates. Their app has been going downhill steadily over the last few updates.

i was asking about an app like this on here recently...and i found this one myself...

http://bambuser.com/

basically it streams live from your phone camera to a page on the interweb :)

and it does it perfectly..no lag...i was very impressed...and its a free app.

http://itunes.apple.com/se/app/bambuser/id344600665?mt=8

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭masadjie

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Adverts.ie app now on iTunes!
    I have downloaded the application on my iphone. But unfortunately I did not succeeding when trying to create a new advert (Place an advert). I was thinking it could be because i use 3 big pictures (1 M each). After waiting for 5 minutes for uploading I gave up and place the ad from my PC.

Btw. It's cool application. I can check the ads quickly without PC.

Hi there,

Is there any application in itunes for iphone like LockCalendar in jailbreak version. It basically display content of your calendar on lock screen. I upgrade my IOS to latest version & lazy to install jailbreak software again.

• Advertisement

masadjie wrote: »
    Hi there,

Is there any application in itunes for iphone like LockCalendar in jailbreak version. It basically display content of your calendar on lock screen. I upgrade my IOS to latest version & lazy to install jailbreak software again.

do you want just a calendar displayed on your lockscreen or more (events, birthdays etc?)

CMpunked wrote: »
    do you want just a calendar displayed on your lockscreen or more (events, birthdays etc?)

Yes, I need the one which can display todays event, appointment, etc. And it can be set to display event for the next 1 week or 2 week and so on.

I heard some how that it is impossible right now due to restriction from Apple API to access lock screen or something like that.

Thanks

masadjie wrote: »
    Yes, I need the one which can display todays event, appointment, etc. And it can be set to display event for the next 1 week or 2 week and so on.

I heard some how that it is impossible right now due to restriction from Apple API to access lock screen or something like that.

Thanks

Yeah i know how you mean now.
    Unfortunately there is nothing really to accommodate what you need it for at the moment.
    Best i would suggest is Q-calendar, i know theres been a few updates since i had it so maybe they have upgraded the features too. Give it a look and see what you think?

CMpunked wrote: »
    Best i would suggest is Q-calendar. Give it a look and see what you think?

Do you mean this = "Quick Calendar".

I have tried and installed that one. It just create wallpaper which includes calendar. I need to create wallpaper every day and then put it as wallpaper. I don't think it fit my need. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Hootanany wrote: »
    Hi anyone know of a spam blocking app my imac stops them but not my iphone.
    Many Thanks in advance

Bump

good golf game in app store free for 48 hours only...golf battle 3d

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/golf-battle-3d/id411944607?mt=8

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

jarvis wrote: »
    I've started playing rugby 2010. It's quite good. I'm number one in the world at countdown conversions in Game Centre!!!!!
    Granted, there doesn't seem to be a huge number of people playing it.

anyone wanna take my title????

I'd have a cut off ya, but I can't find the game!:o

Is the full name "rugby 2010"?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Photosynth is pretty damn cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Ive been playing Doodle God for the last two days. Brilliant game. The best so far on the iPhone.
    It's one of those games that takes a little while to get going but grows and grows as the game goes on. A must buy.

i just want to mention bambuser again...free app

last night i was here in the house pointing the phone at the tv screen (boxing was on) and my pal who was at work in wales was watching it streaming live to his phone, and said it was perfectly smooth.

be good if you were at a gig and had a bit of 3g coverage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

viber acting up? - messages coming in twice a good while later after the first!

anyone getting this?

Nike+GPS free today

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭lollb

Hi

Can anyone tell me why the rte channels have disappeared from the app~??? ive tried refreshing it but they still are missing!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

lollb wrote: »
    Hi

Can anyone tell me why the rte channels have disappeared from the app~??? ive tried refreshing it but they still are missing!!:mad:

Go into settings and change it to Ireland, id say it set to UK on yours, that happened to me.

Can you get an App that will do conversions?, weight, length, Km etc
    Cheers.

STIG83 wrote: »
    Can you get an App that will do conversions?, weight, length, Km etc
    Cheers.
    Convert Units app does it all, and it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I use an app called multiconvert. Easy and converts EVERYTHING

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭lollb

STIG83 wrote: »
    Go into settings and change it to Ireland, id say it set to UK on yours, that happened to me.

now why didnt i think of that??????????/ thanks a mill :D:D

lollb wrote: »
    now why didnt i think of that??????????/ thanks a mill :D:D

No problem, hope that solved it for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Opera Mini 6 now available for download on iPhone and iPad.

Advertisement