Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

barryd09 wrote: »
    Hullomail is the tits!
    Screw you 15c a minute voicemail!!!!!!

Amen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 proinsiasmatt

My most used are:

BBC News,
    Haypi Kingdom,
    Tv Guide,
    iMovie,
    Angry Birds,
    PhotoSynth,
    Stanza,
    Facebook,
    Flick Kick Football,
    Amature Surgeon 1 & 2,
    Zombie Highway,
    Tesla Toy,
    Neon Mania,
    Cracked.

No real order there but all are good. Possibly world of goo and coin dozer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

ok cool!

I activated it I think, a lot of writing came up and a button with dismiss....?!

so do I just call the Hullomail voice portal to set my greeting etc up.

when I get a VM will it just pop up saying I have one?

any other free text apps? for texting people who dont have an app or without using webtexts? (too much to ask for ha :)
    hate the sig jelly sms puts in all of the free texts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Misticles wrote: »
    hate the sig jelly sms puts in all of the free texts!
    The paid version doesn't add any sig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

What's the best twitter app?

I'm too lazy to go back through a lot of pages to find out :p:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

BDJW wrote: »

I find Echofon the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭jaytobe

Any using this for Blueface? reviews are good on Myapps but want to make sure before paying the $5.

Can you call the 25 countries landlines at no charge via wifi. Understand it doesn't work over 3G (but who cares)

BDJW wrote: »

I used tweetDeck. Fairly happy with it. Easy to use but no TT.

jaytobe wrote: »
    Any using this for Blueface? reviews are good on Myapps but want to make sure before paying the $5.

Can you call the 25 countries landlines at no charge via wifi. Understand it doesn't work over 3G (but who cares)

If you've jailbroken you can try it out then buy it if you like it. Plus you can unrestrict the app from only wifi usage. Same with FaceTime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭jc_eire

Really hate the way that apple restricts the "find my iPhone" app to those with iPhone 4 or any 4th gen device..typical apple!!

• Advertisement

jc_eire wrote: »
    Really hate the way that apple restricts the "find my iPhone" app to those with iPhone 4 or any 4th gen device..typical apple!!

It's not restricted to 4th Gen, it just needs to be activated from a 4th Gen device. If you know anyone that has one just borrow and set up a mobile me account same place as email and activate find my iPhone. Delete the account from the device then log in on your own personal device with your details. (mobile me is the same as your iTunes account). You will then have find your iPhone on a non 4th Gen device. :)

http://tysiphonehelp.com/how-to-set-up-free-find-your-iphone-even-on-unsupported-devices/

And there is a video.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

cartoonatic....this is a fun free app..

best of a bad lot of reviews i could find on youtube..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Is there any free app to find your iphone.ie use your mac to find out where your iphone.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/find-my-iphone/id376101648?mt=8

I found the above but i cant find the corresponding mac software

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭silentbutnice

Any know if there's an equivalent game for the iphone like this one on the Nintendo DS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6cqngDHoxM

Exit on the DS is a savage little puzzler and I'm surprised that it hasn't transitioned to the iphone.

maybe there's a similar game that I just don't know about on the iphone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Fol20 wrote: »
    Is there any free app to find your iphone.ie use your mac to find out where your iphone.

TapTrace?

Works on any operating system as far as i know!
    Works like Find my iPhone.

Fol20 wrote: »

Well MobileMe tracking is completely free. You no longer need to pay the €100 subscription. Just activate the same as adding an email account and there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

Quackles wrote: »
    Hullomail takes over your voicemail for you, I'm with 3 and haven't looked back since I started using it!

nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Works fine

No, no it doesn't.

http://www.icecoldindex.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

'cartunes' has just gone free in the app store.
    very useful app...allows you to control music playing with swipes and taps of the screen...great for driving...

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cartunes-ipod-swipe-controls/id415408192?mt=8

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

I've got a 3GS and lo-mob is on it but it wont load, the app pic flashes up but thats all, anyone got any ideas how to fix it?

it's a brilliant photo app or so i'm told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

anyone know of a free substitute for jelly sms?

After ever message or two I'm getting the ad to upgrade and the whole app is lagging.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Antrim escape is a nice little escape the room game, keep me occupied for 30 minutes anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

free?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

bc dub wrote: »
    free?

I got it for free about two days ago, i think it may have been a limited offer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

coolegrain wrote: »
    'cartunes' has just gone free in the app store.
    very useful app...allows you to control music playing with swipes and taps of the screen...great for driving...

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cartunes-ipod-swipe-controls/id415408192?mt=8

not any more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

VEVO app is fantastic, so much better than the youtube app. Vidoes are great quality too. Plus you can scrobble to last.fm if you use that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Avg App to prevent virus entering your phone and check your that security center that firewall is switch on or else firewall wont work. check your that security center that antivirus is switch on or else antivirus wont work. so it wont happen to prevent the hackers invading your phone, after reading metro herald today 99.7% were hacked by hackers.

Prey project app

Prey project lets you keep track of your smartphone(android mobile / iphone) or laptop or computer at all times, and will help you find it if it ever gets lost or stolen. It's lightweight, antitheft software, and free for anyone to use. If your smartphone(android mobile / iphone) or laptop or computer gets stole, you can use prey to track down who stole it and report the thief to the police and get your smartphone(android mobile / iphone) or laptop or computer back. And you could annoy the robber with alarm siren and only you knows the password to turn off the siren because everytime the burglar turns on your smartphone(android mobile / iphone) or laptop or computer the alarm siren go off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    Avg App to prevent virus entering your phone and check your that security center that firewall is switch on or else firewall wont work. check your that security center that antivirus is switch on or else antivirus wont work. so it wont happen to prevent the hackers invading your phone, after reading metro herald today 99.7% were hacked by hackers.
    Unless you've jailbroken, your iPhone is pretty secure and doesn't need anti-virus, just keep the iOS up to date.

• Advertisement

Johnmb wrote: »
    Unless you've jailbroken, your iPhone is pretty secure and doesn't need anti-virus, just keep the iOS up to date.

I guess you didnt read todays metro herald or you known all that phones that were hacked were all androids phones not Iphones.

Advertisement