Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry Spell

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

True dry spells for women are mostly self-inflicted, but I still think they're the same for men more often than men would like to admit. Lowering standards and/or getting over the fear of rejection and putting in a little more effort would make a big difference.

There are a lot of lonely women out there who are probably tired of being picked by drunks at the last minute, or older women who are tired of watching all the older guys going after younger women.

I agree to a certain extent, but why should men have to constantly lower their standards? Women have it easy enough without making it even easier for them. I think that women need to take some of the burden off men and stop being overly suspicious of every man that approaches them and actually take some initive and do some approaching themselves once in a while.

krudler wrote: »
    hell no, I love women, as batsh1t crazy as they can be sometimes (I apologise for nothing, they know they can be nuts :pac: ) I still love em, they look nice and smell fcuking lovely :D

You've obviously never accidentally walked into a spinning class ;)

I do agree though, they drive me nuts but make me happy to be alive at the same time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TaraFoxglove

Phat Cat wrote: »
    A agree to a certain extent, but why should men have to constantly lower there standards? Women have it easy enough without making it even easier for them. I think that women need to take some of the burden off men and stop being overly suspicious of every man that approaches them and actually take some initive and do some approaching themselves once in a while.

Agree, but also think no-one should lower their standards, male OR female.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

PC - You're preaching to the choir on that one. I agree that women should do much more approaching. I might be unusual on that one though, as I never had any problem approaching a guy for a chat, a number, or whatever. I was never any good at sending signals, so I did what had to be done. :)

I always encourage women to do this. For one thing, it gives them some understanding of what men go through and some empathy about that. For another thing, it just saves time.

And Tara, I agree re: lowering standards, however that's what it seems to me that women are expected to do whenever I see that "oh it's so easy for women" myth. Sure it's easy as pie, if you have no standards!

Agree, but also think no-one should lower their standards, male OR female.

Totally agree, too many people get hurt in the long run when that happens.

• Advertisement

PC - You're preaching to the choir on that one. I agree that women should do much more approaching. I might be unusual on that one though, as I never had any problem approaching a guy for a chat, a number, or whatever. I was never any good at sending signals, so I did what had to be done. :)

I always encourage women to do this. For one thing, it gives them some understanding of what men go through and some empathy about that. For another thing, it just saves time.

I like your style gargleblaster, if only more women were like you, threads like this wouldn't exist for one thing!

And Tara, I agree re: lowering standards, however that's what it seems to me that women are expected to do whenever I see that "oh it's so easy for women" myth. Sure it's easy as pie, if you have no standards!

Bah! And you were doing so well ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

I like your style gargleblaster, if only more women were like you, threads like this wouldn't exist for one thing!

very true i always find the schoolyard glances abit childish unless your going to approach that person.on a brighter note my dry spell ended last week thank f**k:D

beano345 wrote: »
    very true i always find the schoolyard glances abit childish unless your going to approach that person.on a brighter note my dry spell ended last week thank f**k:D

Congrats dude! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

:o

I'm just glad I deleted my original reply to this thread, or you might not be saying that! :pac:

• Advertisement

beano345 wrote: »

Yay!!! High five! :D

God, we're applauding sex now. :o

God, we're applauding sex now. :o

If the person has a penis and just came out of a dry spell then applauding them is the least we can do, trust me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

If the person has a penis and just came out of a dry spell then applauding them is the least we can do, trust me!

i felt like breaking out the champagne and party poppers meself:pac:

Exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Yep, I sobered up in two seconds flat and avoided the place like the plague ever since, but if there was ever an over reaction to anything, that was it!!!!

I got dragged to coppers once, asked a girl what time it was and she slapped me. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

amacachi wrote: »
    I got dragged to coppers once, asked a girl what time it was and she slapped me. :pac:

*note to self*

Don't use that line as an opener...

:P

amacachi wrote: »

lol, women are such drama queens :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Wow thats the kinda stuff men have to deal with? I'm feeling increasingly sorry for men in general,when it comes to women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Chnandler Bong

Lads do yourselves a favour, save up around €1000, buy a ticket to Newcastle go out ever night for a week and your guaranteed the ride, and fine looking girls too.

Ireland is a waste of time most of the wimmin think they are someting special and are fooking headwreckers.

Newcastle guys!! Great city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Drunken, highly strung women can be difficult for a man to deal with. My worst was a girl I had been dancing with accusing me of robbing her phone. Which involved getting friends over to shake it out of me. Wasn't how I planned on things ending!

Yes I know drunken men are hard to deal with too ladies!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Yeah but save 1000 to do it? :confused: Are things that bad here?

Lads do yourselves a favour, save up around €1000, buy a ticket to Newcastle go out ever night for a week and your guaranteed the ride, and fine looking girls too.

Ireland is a waste of time most of the wimmin think they are someting special and are fooking headwreckers.

There are probably guys saying the same in Newcastle about Dublin. Hence the popularity of Dublin as a weekend destination for English people. I'm not a fan of the whole "lets slag off Irish women" stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Newcastle? Really? I would have thought that cities like Liverpool, Manchester or London would be better options for Irish lads, but in fairness the success rate in any city in Britain would be guaranteed to be miles better then anywhere in Ireland.

Btw I would of said any city in Eastern Europe and I'm NOT talking about prostitution here, far from it actually. Any decent, well dressed, well mannered Irish lad could pull an absolute stunner in the likes of Prague, Bratislava, Budapest, Riga, Vilnius, Krakow etc, etc, without even a fraction of the mickey mouse bullshít that goes on over here in regards to women. Plus you wouldn't be able to spend €1000 if you tried!

But that would just be my preference, everyone is different obviously.

I'm not a fan of the whole "lets slag off Irish women" stuff.

TBH, you won't ever hear that stuff from a guy who is with, or has been with, good-looking and more importantly NICE Irish women. ;) Just the ones who haven't. I'm sure a fraction of men bitch about their nation's women in every country in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

TBH, you won't ever hear that stuff from a guy who is with, or has been with, good-looking and more importantly NICE Irish women. ;) Just the ones who haven't. I'm sure a fraction of men bitch about their nation's women in every country in the world.

Maybe because the combination of a good-looking and nice Irish woman is like gold dust and in the rare cases where there are good-looking Irish women that are nice, they are usually in long-term relationships with a host of potential suitors constantly monitoring their status.

Plus there is obviously a percentage of foreign men that bitch about their nations women for what ever reason, but there is probably an even larger percentage that are fiercely proud of their nations women and will always be very vocal about it. It's the total opposite in Ireland unfortunately, but rightly so IMO.

Raekwon wrote: »
    Maybe because the combination of a good-looking and nice Irish woman is like gold dust and in the rare cases where there are good-looking Irish women that are nice, they are usually in long-term relationships with a host of potential suitors constantly monitoring their status.

Plus there is obviously a percentage of foreign men that bitch about their nations women for what ever reason, but there is probably an even larger percentage that are fiercely proud of their nations women and will always be very vocal about it. It's the total opposite in Ireland unfortunately, but rightly so IMO.

Well, parker there seems to be defending Irish women. He is an Irish man in his 20s (I think he's in that age group) who presumably has had plenty of experience with Irish women at this stage. Why is he different?

And, I dunno, maybe other countries are less into the self-hating? As a nation, I do think we lack confidence and this is all part of it, IMO.

Well, parker there seems to be defending Irish women. He is an Irish man in his 20s (I think he's in that age group) who presumably has had plenty of experience with Irish women at this stage. Why is he different?

Because I am ridiculously good looking :pac:

Note: That is lies

There are plenty of nice and good looking girls in Ireland. UCD was full of them. The few places I have worked in has been full of them. I think the mixture of growing up in a female heavy house, doing a degree and masters that had more females than males and generally having a lot of female friends means I can have that view.

Because I am ridiculously good looking :pac:

Sorry, this had to be done:

38064.jpg

:pac:

There needs to be a blue steel smiley....this may do :cool:

• Advertisement

There are plenty of nice and good looking girls in Ireland. UCD was full of them. The few places I have worked in has been full of them. I think the mixture of growing up in a female heavy house, doing a degree and masters that had more females than males and generally having a lot of female friends means I can have that view.

That's really interesting because I got my degree in UCD and that's where my dislike for Irish women started (plus on a side note I drive past there every morning and the amount of fake tanned, D4, The Hills/Fade Street wannabes that go there must be utterly depressing for male students). I also have 3 sisters and even though I love them all to bits I would could never personally see myself with women similar to them that's why I probably levitated towards foreign women. Finally I work with alot of Irish women and they drive me around the bend on a daily basis, I mean the contrast of their attitudes and overall demeanour compared to their male co-workers is shocking at times.

Bah, I tried so hard not to make this thread into a 'male vs female' slagging match. Apologises if my crass generations offended anyone (apart from UCD women of course ;))

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement