Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry Spell

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Raekwon wrote: »
    IMO Irish guys haven't really got high standards at all (compared to most countries anyway), you only have to go out on a Saturday night for proof of this. On the other hand, Irish women have fairly high standards and that's where some of the issues, that have been posted on this thread, begin.
    Eh no we just choose to ignore our standards. I could say the same about women based on some the women I've pulled in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TaraFoxglove

I would consider older women to be 20 years. 10-15 years they can still look pretty mint

I don't understand. 20 years older, you mean? Sorry, just being a bit dumb here. :o
    IMO Irish guys haven't really got high standards at all (compared to most countries anyway), you only have to go out on a Saturday night for proof of this. On the other hand, Irish women have fairly high standards and that's where some of the issues, that have been posted on this thread, begin.
    Eh no we just choose to ignore our standards. I could say the same about women based on some the women I've pulled in the past.

Yeah, I reckon everyone has standards, both genders, though Raekwon is right in that women are MUCH more harshly judged on their appearance in other countries, especially continental Europe. It's socially unacceptable to look a certain way. But, having said that, there's nothing wrong with either sex having some standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Yeah sorry. When I was 18/19 I'd a thing with a woman that was 10 years older and to me she wasn't that much older, but 20years older would seem like an older woman to me

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Hmmm, I dunno. I'm not even going to try and deny that older men with money can cherry-pick women, they can, but I'm late 20s and was recently chatted up by a guy in his early 40s and I gotta tell ya, I wasn't horrified! And I have no idea what his financial status was (and we weren't in a venue for the moneyed either). Reverse the sexes and how would it have played out?

I think women in their mid 30's and early 40's can be still very sexy. I worked with some very classy ladies over in London that oozed sex appeal & sophistication, that were around that age, and if they weren't attached they would differently give some of their younger counterparts a run for their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Seriously though, most blokes would get up on anything over here, period! :pac:

• Advertisement

Phat Cat wrote: »
    I think women in their mid 30's and early 40's can be still very sexy. I worked with some very classy ladies over in London that oozed sex appeal & sophistication, that were around that age, and if they weren't attached they would differently give some of their younger counterparts a run for their money.

Well, that's because women in their 20s, whilst having the advantage physically, tend to be more neurotic than their 30-something and 40-something counterparts. My mother says she gets more chilled with every decade that passes! :)
    Seriously though, most blokes would get up on anything over here, period!

Is that just for lack of better options though? :pac:

Yeah, I reckon everyone has standards, both genders, though Raekwon is right in that women are MUCH more harshly judged on their appearance in other countries, especially continental Europe. It's socially unacceptable to look a certain way. But, having said that, there's nothing wrong with either sex having some standards.

Yeah this is what I mean. Most foreign guys I work with laugh at the state of some Irish women yet these same women have no problem getting a decent Irish man. But I agree, everyone should have standards of some description, without standards people lose their morals :p

Is that just for lack of better options though? :pac:

Probably :p

Yeah this is what I mean. Most foreign guys I work with laugh at the state of some Irish women yet these same women have no problem getting a decent Irish man. But I agree, everyone should have standards of some description, without standards people lose their morals :p

But those same foreign guys might put a hell of a lot of pressure of their other halves to look a certain way so screw 'em! :pac:

But those same foreign guys might put a hell of a lot of pressure of their other halves to look a certain way so screw 'em! :pac:

To quote myself, just a thought.

Maybe foreign women sometimes prefer Irish men over foreign men because they might put less body pressure on the women?

Some foreign couples, I known - jesus! :eek:

• Advertisement

True, but most of those women have much healthier lifestyles so staying in good shape isn't really a choir for them.

True, but most of those women have much healthier lifestyles so staying in good shape isn't really a choir for them.

Yeah, but from some foreign couples I know, pressure is heaped on already healthy girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

This aspect is often ignored by men and women out of shape (myself included at various times). I had a weekend of fun and frolics with a Polish girl recently and on one of our trips around Wicklow, she went to the shop to get snacks. I expected the usual Irish shít storm of heart attacks in bags but she brought back grapes and nuts. We just eat too much crap in the UK and Ireland.

Note: Fun and frolics sounds way kinkier and sex related than I meant!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Well, that's because women in their 20s, whilst having the advantage physically, tend to be more neurotic than their 30-something and 40-something counterparts. My mother says she gets more chilled with every decade that passes! :)

That's very true, some younger women can be a real handful.............in the literal sense of course :pac:

This aspect is often ignored by men and women out of shape (myself included at various times). I had a weekend of fun and frolics with a Polish girl recently and on one of our trips around Wicklow, she went to the shop to get snacks. I expected the usual Irish shít storm of heart attacks in bags but she brought back grapes and nuts. We just eat too much crap in the UK and Ireland.

Fun and frolics, eh? :pac:
    Phat Cat wrote: »
    That's very true, some younger women can be a real handful.............in the literal sense of course

:pac:

Yeah, but from some foreign couples I know, pressure is heaped on already healthy girls.

I don't doubt it, but most of these girls are in such perfect shape that even their partners have nothing to complain about ;)

Yeah, we do eat way too much crap over here and in the UK, it's a very sensitive subject though so I'm not going to get too much into it because I nearly got banned for using the words 'overweight' & 'Irishwomen' in the same sentence on these boards in the past.

But when you go abroad you can spot the difference in lifestyle immediately. For example, I went to Copenhagen last year and was shocked at how many people cycle around the city. Also when we went to see The Little Mermaid (which was a huge anticlimax I have to say) a street vendor near by was selling oatmeal cookies, sweetpeas in their pods, spring water & juices........that's a far cry from that unhealthy crap that would be sold at an equivalent attraction in Dublin.

Yeah, we do eat way too much crap over here and in the UK, it's a very sensitive subject though so I'm not going to get too much into it because I nearly got banned for using the words 'overweight' & 'Irishwomen' in the same sentence on these boards in the past.

Well, without getting too much into myself, it would be unfair to single out women here, we're ALL bad in this country.
    But when you go abroad you can spot the difference in lifestyle immediately. For example, I went to Copenhagen last year and was shocked at how many people cycle around the city. Also when we went to see The Little Mermaid (which was a huge anticlimax I have to say) a street vendor near by was selling oatmeal cookies, sweetpeas in their pods, spring water & juices........that's a far cry from that unhealthy crap that would be sold at an equivalent attraction in Dublin.

I always wanted to cycle when living in Dublin but just found it way too dangerous. I bet cyclists are much better accommodated in Copenhagen than Dublin.

Also, oatmeal cookies can be quite bad for you, despite the presence of oats! Lots of sugar in there also. And juices actually too. Juice isn't really advised for a healthy diet, more veg and stuff.

Well, without getting too much into myself, it would be unfair to single out women here, we're ALL bad in this country.

I always wanted to cycle when living in Dublin but just found it way too dangerous. I bet cyclists are much better accommodated in Copenhagen than Dublin.

Also, oatmeal cookies can be quite bad for you, despite the presence of oats! Lots of sugar in there also. And juices actually too. Juice isn't really advised for a healthy diet, more veg and stuff.

My post spoke about us as a nation, not in terms of women v men. I think his reply (which you replied to) was in that vein as well.

I get what you mean about oatmeal cookies and fruit juice being high in sugar. But a bottle of orange juice and nuts is far, far better for you that a can of coke and a Twix.

I get what you mean about oatmeal cookies and fruit juice being high in sugar. But a bottle of orange juice and nuts is far, far better for you that a can of coke and a Twix.

Nutrition-wise, yes of course, but it is VERY easy to go over the top on those healthy foods too.

Nutrition-wise, yes of course, but it is VERY easy to go over the top on those healthy foods too.

That's where the better lifestyles and attitude towards food that these people have comes in. They DON'T go overboard.

That applies to all in shape, healthy people from any country.

Not sure what this has to do with dry spells though. Although me considering us walking around Glendalough with grapes and nuts as fun and frolics probably explains my dry spell :D

• Advertisement

Not sure what this has to do with dry spells though. Although me considering us walking around Glendalough with grapes and nuts as fun and frolics probably explains my dry spell :D

Huh? You mean the fun and frolics was good, clean fun? Jaysus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Okay this thread has gone totally off topic and I reckon it has run its course too so Im closing it.If anyone has a valid reason to re open it drop me or one of the other mods a PM and we will look at it.

Thanks to all that contributed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement