Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

So I had WI this morning & was down 1 lb delighted with that as this week I was really not arsed & didn't really have much food in so was making do with bits I had in. Work was crazy so even though I had lots of nice meals cooked in rhe freezer I kept forgetting to take them out! Doh!!

I also made no soup this wk so on tues night at 10pm I was there peeling veg to make soup for lunch for weds-thurs & today so glad I did cos I think that saved me I had a sandwich Sunday, Monday & tuesday & I honestly realised as much as I love bread it don't love me & makes me feel bloated & yuck!

I was out on weds night for a gig & kept 6 points to have some drinks so all in all a good week socially I ate out twice Drank 3 times used all my dailies & weeklies & only got 3 days worth of exercise in rather than 5-6 so I'm very pleased with the result!

I'm gonna do the food shop tonight & get organised for the wk ahead I'm going to be working offsite for the nxt mth so will have to come up with diff lunches as I won't have access to a fridge or microwave so prep is key here!

I got a really nice boost last night I was around @ my mums & she told me how well I was looking & how much weight I seem to have lost :D then the real test came I was starvin marvin but had no points left but said feck it I'd make porridge my mum told me my stepdad was on the way home (at 8pm) with fish & chips from Burdocks!! I resisted temptation ate the porridge & then went home to my own house but the smell of them was very very tempting but being the night before WI spurred me on!!

16lbs gone 26 to go & 3 more lbs to get my 10% gone & 1 more after that to get into the 160's/ 11's bracket! :) I will stay on the wagon & I will keep this off I'm so flipping determined it's unreal!

Have a great weekend everyone & sorry for the long post!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Kay_80 wrote: »
    I got a really nice boost last night I was around @ my mums & she told me how well I was looking & how much weight I seem to have lost :D then the real test came I was starvin marvin but had no points left but said feck it I'd make porridge my mum told me my stepdad was on the way home (at 8pm) with fish & chips from Burdocks!! I resisted temptation ate the porridge & then went home to my own house but the smell of them was very very tempting but being the night before WI spurred me on!!

Good for you resisting the temptation. Don't think I could have! And well done on the 1lb loss, you're doing really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Well, I had my night out last night - food shopping:D. Called into M&S first & got a packet of the noodles Garden_gurl mentioned. I was stood in the shop with my calculator working them out! On the packet it gives the info for 1/4 packet cooked & right enough it is 2pp, so I got a packet to try them out. Also picked up a Count on Us fish pie.

Then off to Strabane to Asda. I wish it was closer, loads of the stuff I usually buy was so much cheaper (not just healthy stuff). Yes they had alot of WW stuff. A great selection of chilled & frozen ready meals, but I didn't buy any - they are just too processed for me. I might only eat 1 a month, if even that. On offer at 4 for £5, but I still couldn't be tempted. They had quite a few frozen WW pizzas, but they are very high in points (13pp) & too expensive, so I think I'll stick to making my own with mini naan bread. Couldn't find any WW mini naan breads there though & I'm sure I saw them there before.:(. Stocked up on Coleraine light cheese which I haven't been able to find anywhere in Derry the last few weeks (15g = 1pp). The porridge I eat was alot cheaper too. They had a dozen or more different WW bars/cakes/desserts & I bought a few to try. (WW Caramel cake bar gorgeous at 2pp for 1 or 5pp for 2). Great bargains in the other departments too & I had a great night looking round - it was lovely to be able to do it on my own with no time limit as it is open 24hrs & I didn't get home until 11.30pm.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend & good luck with WIs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I wish I was near an Asda! My mum lives in Armagh so when I'm up with her I always get a run round sainsburys, it's crazy how much cheaper things can be! Was in Asda in england a few weeks ago visiting my dad and I was so mad I couldn't bring things home!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I just realised I think I eat too many carbs. I have 2 slices of wholemeal toast for breakfast, then I often have pitta bread for lunch and then usually have some carbs with my dinner too.

Could this be a problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

I just realised I think I eat too many carbs. I have 2 slices of wholemeal toast for breakfast, then I often have pitta bread for lunch and then usually have some carbs with my dinner too.

Could this be a problem?

don't think so , well not with pro points as ww have made the plan around protein , carbs , fat , fibre so as long as you pointing you should be ok

Onnie wrote: »
    Great idea to keep motivated. I'm in!

well i need your official weight watchers weigh in by the end of today

well i need your official weight watchers weigh in by the end of today

Do we just send you our official weight for this week? Or our weight and the amount we lost this week?

Do we just send you our official weight for this week? Or our weight and the amount we lost this week?

whatever you weighed this week , as this week is week 1 on the table

ok people i have 10 members who are doing the Weight Watchers League Table , anybody else who wants to join please pm me your official weight watchers weight ( verified by ww ) today and i will add you and pm me by every friday with your weight loss / gain so i can do up the table on a weekly basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

i do believe.....i may still be drunk!

on my 3rd pint of water....flushing it all out....

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

sounds like you had a good night then Lainy :D

Here's the line up of the
    table so far

Eircom Sucks
    Layla0509
    Saexpat
    Misslt
    irishfm
    Aspie_mum
    Millieboo
    GT_TDI_150
    sillysocks
    Onnie
    ibarelycare
    rachelryan29
    jackmax

jackmax wrote: »
    sounds like you had a good night then Lainy :D

oh i needed it...and not a drink is passing my lips for at least 4 weeks....

i dont think too much damage last night....the panda eyes on me this morning...must have been sweating like a beast!

it'll prob be next week the drink shows on the scales but i'm off college next week so i can control what i eat and be extra good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    i do believe.....i may still be drunk!

on my 3rd pint of water....flushing it all out....[/QUOT

Glad you had a good night lainy, I badly need one soon! I find green tea is great at flushing alcohol out if you can drink it.:)

Sounds like a good night Lainy!

I wish I'd the willpower to give up alcohol for a couple of months...I enjoy my social life too much :o I have cut down from drinking wine at least twice a week, sometimes 3 times to just drinking vodka one night a week (and maybe the odd glass of wine one other evening if I feel I've deserved it and have PP leftover!) but I do use up all my weeklies on alcohol every week and it seems a bit stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

table so far

Eircom Sucks
    Layla0509
    Saexpat
    Misslt
    irishfm
    Aspie_mum
    Millieboo
    GT_TDI_150
    sillysocks
    Onnie
    ibarelycare
    rachelryan29
    jackmax
    Feck it - I'm in too!
    I'll pm you now! :)

how many pro points in a tea spoon of sugar , it used to be 0.5 on old plan ??? just don't have my guide with me and am doing my tracker

thank god there is no bread in the house....cos oh my god....i would demolish a loaf right now....i died a little standing at the micowave waiting for my porridge...not a hope in hell my ass getting on treadmill today...feet are in bits...

but i have a feeling i'll still be down on scales tomorrow....i think the excercise has shocked my system and few lbs have dropped....took a sneak peak yesterday...and took another peak this morning to see if there were any vodka lbs or.....huge scary water loss....this mornings number same as yesterdays number :P official WI (at home) tomorrow

how many pro points in a tea spoon of sugar , it used to be 0.5 on old plan ??? just don't have my guide with me and am doing my tracker

1pp per 5g(teaspoon)

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how many PP in 5g of Flora Light? I've been pointing it at 1pp for 5g, but after doing a search on this thread, there are some people saying it's 1pp for 10g? If it was just 1pp for 10g I'd be delighted, I love buttery toast, and I'd probably use 10g one one slice alone! At the moment I scrape the flora on and then put a bit of WW jam on top!

Does anyone know how many PP in 5g of Flora Light? I've been pointing it at 1pp for 5g, but after doing a search on this thread, there are some people saying it's 1pp for 10g? If it was just 1pp for 10g I'd be delighted, I love buttery toast, and I'd probably use 10g one one slice alone! At the moment I scrape the flora on and then put a bit of WW jam on top!

0-14g = 1pp
    15g = 2pp

i have to the say Iwatchr on the iphone is bloody great to have and use

it has its own ww calculater so when you'r in the supermarket you can point on your phone and store it as a favourite , instead of looking weird with pen and paper , you can store foods in it and their values and just log them in each day and to be honest i think its great and only cost €0.99 , its for the lazy people ( me ) who forget their paper trackers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tattoo86

table so far

Eircom Sucks
    Layla0509
    Saexpat
    Misslt
    irishfm
    Aspie_mum
    Millieboo
    GT_TDI_150
    sillysocks
    Onnie
    ibarelycare
    rachelryan29
    jackmax

Count me in, il pm you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Down 2lb last night so it was worth dragging myself along.

Although I wasn't too impressed with the leader (are there many good leaders out there?)

I mentioned to her that I was annoyed that I was up last week and would it be down to the fact that I'm doing a lot of exercise now and stuff.
    She just said "It's probably portion size" and indicated to the person behind me to move up.

Eh ok.
    You don't know me at all.
    I've been doing WW for a year and have lost 40lbs.
    Em, maybe you be a weeeee bit interested in what I'm saying and give me some real advice?
    :confused:

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    0-14g = 1pp
    15g = 2pp

Excellent news! Thank you!
    i have to the say Iwatchr on the iphone is bloody great to have and use

it has its own ww calculater so when you'r in the supermarket you can point on your phone and store it as a favourite , instead of looking weird with pen and paper , you can store foods in it and their values and just log them in each day and to be honest i think its great and only cost €0.99 , its for the lazy people ( me ) who forget their paper trackers etc

I wish I had an iPhone. These apps sound awesome
    dammitj wrote: »
    Down 2lb last night so it was worth dragging myself along.

Although I wasn't too impressed with the leader (are there many good leaders out there?)

I mentioned to her that I was annoyed that I was up last week and would it be down to the fact that I'm doing a lot of exercise now and stuff.
    She just said "It's probably portion size" and indicated to the person behind me to move up.

Eh ok.
    You don't know me at all.
    I've been doing WW for a year and have lost 40lbs.
    Em, maybe you be a weeeee bit interested in what I'm saying and give me some real advice?
    :confused:

Well done on the loss. Is your leader always that dismissive? I used to have one like that and I changed. My current leader doesn't mind spending an extra couple of minutes talking to you if needs be and he's very approachable so even if you wanted a private word at the end of class he'd be fine with that. If you're unhappy with your leader you should see if there are any other classes near you!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

There are 2 leaders in my area and yeah, I find them both like that.

I left the other one because she wasn't giving me any motivation at all to get to goal, and this one now seems kinda the same.

I asked some of the other girls who go to the classes and they find it the same.

It's a shame really, if you were inclined to leave then they would definitely convince you to give up, ya know?

If a few people think the same thing, then I'd be inclined to send an email or a letter to WW head office. Let's face it, we're paying a LOT of money to Weight Watchers!! If all we're paying that €10 a week for is a weigh in and a bit of a group chat, then we might as well just weigh ourselves at home and chat on this thread for free! I'm not saying leaders should spend 5 minutes with every single member, but if someone is feeling demotivated or stuck in a rut every once in a while, it's their job to offer support and guidance.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

its friday wohoo and im on easter holidays from work for two weeks.. have a busy weekend ahead going to dublin tomarrow and then out saturday nite and bbq sunday... going to be really good and stick to my pp:D...

• Advertisement

wowsers its picking up

we now have 18 members for the weight watchers league table :)

now make sure to pm me your correct weigh in results ( no cheats ) every week before saturday.

i wont be chasing results so if you dont pm me u will be chasing the pack

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement