Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson Ariva HD Combo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Tonks

I have a Ferguson Ariva HDCombo and have tried a few different USB drives with it.
    Two different USB hard drives in an externally powered USB enclosure overheated because they would never spin down.
    I tried a USB key (Corsair voyager mini) but this gives me problems with timesync. Video is often jerky and sometimes gets out of sync with the audio.

I considered buying the Segate FreeAgent but don't know if this will work well.
    What USB hard disks have people used that work well with the Ariva HDCombo?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭RCSATELLITES

Can someone post up a good channel list for the 28.2 free to air for the ferguson arriva 200 combo hd
    so i can put it on a usb and transfer the channels to the box

thanks in advance

The ferguson arriva 200 combo is a great box, its tiny compared to the Edision argus combo and the remote looks great. But i would say its a cheaper model than the edision argus its defo way over priced at 189.00 in some satellite shops would not pay more than 150.00 for it. thats my opinion anyway but then i defo would not pay for the triax tr112 110 euro for what 4-6 channels, that i never watch anyway. Anybody thinking of buying the walker or triax for that price should think again, you will always need two remotes to switch from english fta to irish digital then turn off both boxes then turn on both boxes its a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

I bought an iomega 500 gig independently powered harddrive (Harvey Norman), seems to work okay, I have recorded a few programs and used live pause without issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

Hi,
    The manual says you can update the channel list by RS232 (Page 27) , how do you do this using usb, I assume you save the userdb file but I cannot find an option to export it or import it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

Tonks wrote: »
    I have a Ferguson Ariva HDCombo and have tried a few different USB drives with it.
    Two different USB hard drives in an externally powered USB enclosure overheated because they would never spin down.
    I tried a USB key (Corsair voyager mini) but this gives me problems with timesync. Video is often jerky and sometimes gets out of sync with the audio.

I'm using this with my 200 ariva .. seems to work fine and doesnt feel too hot..

http://www.memoryc.ie/products/description/750GB_Hitachi_X750_2_5_inch_External_Hard_Drive_USB2_0_Black/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mick_ser

Anyone be able to tell me how to save channel list and transfer onto new box via USB for the new Ariva 200?
    Seems totally different to older model. Thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭patrickpc

Has anyone else been having problems displaying the EPG (program lists) on the Ariva HD Combo (original model) ?

Mine stopped displaying Now and Next when I press the (i) button just recently. It also doesn't seem to display the program schedule when I press EPG. It appears to be effecting both Terrestrial and Satellite stations. At least one station is still working - 3e I think.

Strange thing is that I can still get the full Terrestrial EPG on my DTT enabled Panasonic TV which is feeding off the same aeriel.

I am located in Greystones and my box is running the latest (last) firmware.

Anyone else experienced this. Any advice ? I have tried rebooting and re-scanning the stations etc... :confused:

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pigeon1916

patrickpc wrote: »
    Has anyone else been having problems displaying the EPG (program lists) on the Ariva HD Combo (original model) ?

Mine stopped displaying Now and Next when I press the (i) button just recently. It also doesn't seem to display the program schedule when I press EPG. It appears to be effecting both Terrestrial and Satellite stations. At least one station is still working - 3e I think.

Strange thing is that I can still get the full Terrestrial EPG on my DTT enabled Panasonic TV which is feeding off the same aeriel.

I am located in Greystones and my box is running the latest (last) firmware.

Anyone else experienced this. Any advice ? I have tried rebooting and re-scanning the stations etc... :confused:

Thanks.

I don't mean to be smart, But have you got the epg on the correct day.
    It is easy enough to skip ahead a few days and you may see nothing on the epg.

Other than that mine is working fine.

does anyone know how to copy a channel list onto a usb drive so to transfer it to another box, cant seem to find were i can copy the channels list to the usb. i know in the edsion box there is a simple backup to usb button

thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭AstralTV

Got an Ariva on test, and for the price the box has excellent picture quality, is user freindly , and works well with 1.1 m motorised dish.
    you can save channel lists by ' dumping ' them to USB

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mick_ser

Hi Astral where in the menu can you 'dump' onto USB? I used the rs232 to transfer channel but would like to know how to do it via USB
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Got the Ariva box on friday and I must say its an excellent box, easy to use and the picture quality is great. I lov how user friendly it is and at about 155 quid posted you can't go wrong. Will be getting another for upstairs!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭victory10

Tonks wrote: »

I use a 750GB (maximum specified in the manual) External HDD from Western Digital
    MyBook Essential. Must format it in FAT32 (NOT NTFS).
    Timeshift works well.
    If you want to record anything overnight, set the recording start and finish time and switch the box off. If you don't then it will not switch after finish and will keep spinning and making humming noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Lads, what format does the recording come out as? Is it .dvr by any chance? I've an openbox and I sometimes see tools for a ferguson been used on a openbox

pigeon1916 wrote: »
    I don't mean to be smart, But have you got the epg on the correct day.
    It is easy enough to skip ahead a few days and you may see nothing on the epg.

Other than that mine is working fine.

I do have the EPG on the right day. I even get the issue when I press the i (info) button which shows Now and Next on both Terrestrial and Satellite. The display just says No Information for both lines displayed. The software version I am using is 025 dated Oct 20 2010.

The EPG appears to be working on RTE1 now but no other station. Anyone else having this issue?

HELP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

It happened me occasionally. If a reboot (power cycle) doesn't work, I noticed that switching to a different satellite position seemed to cure it, but I had a motorised dish connected. If you just have a normal fixed dish, I'm not sure what to suggest...maybe go into the menus and do a scan on hotbird or whatever, see if that helps.
    patrickpc wrote: »
    I do have the EPG on the right day. I even get the issue when I press the i (info) button which shows Now and Next on both Terrestrial and Satellite. The display just says No Information for both lines displayed. The software version I am using is 025 dated Oct 20 2010.

The EPG appears to be working on RTE1 now but no other station. Anyone else having this issue?

HELP!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Nightwing1234

Does anyone have an up to date channel list for this box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭leshogan

Would be very much appreciated!

rurs wrote: »
    It happened me occasionally. If a reboot (power cycle) doesn't work, I noticed that switching to a different satellite position seemed to cure it, but I had a motorised dish connected. If you just have a normal fixed dish, I'm not sure what to suggest...maybe go into the menus and do a scan on hotbird or whatever, see if that helps.

Power cycling the box worked. I just left it switched off a couple of minutes before switching it back on and the EPG started behaving properly again.

Thanks for your help.

-P
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Does anyone know if you can pause, rewind live tv on the ariva 200 combo if it's connected to a hard drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭victory10

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can pause, rewind live tv on the ariva 200 combo if it's connected to a hard drive?

This worked in the Ariva HD Combo, I don't see why it shouldn't work in the 200 Combo.
    If you have an external HDD, just try it and if get any problems, we will try to help.

Mr Moon wrote: »

I'm pretty sure you can. It may not work with a USB stick however- you'll have better luck with a powered USB drive. The Previous Ariva Combo had a HDD limit of 750MB for some strange reason. I don't know what the limit is on this newer box though.

is everyone running the latest firmware : A200Combo_2.11B7 ?

just updated mine last night .. lost channel list.

Anyone have one before I waste an hour or 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

zod wrote: »
    is everyone running the latest firmware : A200Combo_2.11B7 ?

just updated mine last night .. lost channel list.

Anyone have one before I waste an hour or 2!

I have one but its almost a 2mb zip and the limit here is 1mb .

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Tony wrote: »
    I have one but its almost a 2mb zip and the limit here is 1mb .

You could throw it here :) : http://www.senduit.com/

Tried that but keep getting this message "We seem to be having technical difficulty. Please try again in a moment. " I'd be happy to try another site if you have one

zod wrote: »
    You could throw it here :) : http://www.senduit.com/

Tony wrote: »
    Tried that but keep getting this message "We seem to be having technical difficulty. Please try again in a moment. " I'd be happy to try another site if you have one

any of these .. thanks

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/15-great-free-online-file-sharing-alternatives/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Nightwing1234

Thanks Tony...
    does that list have the DTT channels also?

Advertisement