Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    The way I look at it is - old consoles can't be switched on remotely. So you're going to have to stand up anyway! If you have the switcher somewhere handy it's just a matter of pressing one extra button.

Not disagreeing with you guys, was just wondering how it worked is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ah brilliant, thanks for the info! I'll be looking for that post again when I pick it up this weekend.

Actually I must prep an SD card while I wait for it to arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Not disagreeing with you guys, was just wondering how it worked is all.

Don't worry, we know your not like Retr0...who apparently feels swap discs ruins games due to having to get up :rolleyes::D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's not the having to get up that is that problem it's just the hassle of it is a psychological effect that means if you have to swap discs you're not going to bother with that console.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's not the having to get up that is that problem it's just the hassle of it is a psychological effect that means if you have to swap discs you're not going to bother with that console.

We just be buzzing is all dude, swap discs are trick

(double buzzing)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Where did you get the scart switchers from? I should grab one if I can..

Where did you get the scart switchers from? I should grab one if I can..

He's four left - they're stupidly cheap, & thats why I thought they'd be cheap knock offs but they're the real deal - http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140489238438

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

• Gamegear and instructions manual, in Logic 3 padded case
    • TV tuner and instructions manual
    • Nuby converter (SMS carts adapter)
    • DC wall adapter
    • Columns in plastic protector case with instructions manual, and
    • Leaderboard, boxed, in plastic protector case with instructions manual
    Everything in very good to near-new condition (TV tuner and Nuby are like 'just out of the box') and fully working, just watching BBC1 news on it as I post this.

Local Adverts.ie-style private sale, the whole lot for...£5 :pac: Watch this space for the eBay auction linky coming up shortly :D

Master of the Universe

Go my Everdrive up and running today. Great little thing so it is! I'm totally sold on it. Have it running on the Nomad into that 29 inch Trinitron. Only difficulty is trying to figure out which screen to look at, they're both so nice! :D

Going to look into getting one of those Snes ones next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

EnterNow wrote: »
    He's four left - they're stupidly cheap, & thats why I thought they'd be cheap knock offs but they're the real deal - http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140489238438

Cool, thanks. I think I might pick up two of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭DickyC

Go my Everdrive up and running today. Great little thing so it is! I'm totally sold on it. Have it running on the Nomad into that 29 inch Trinitron. Only difficulty is trying to figure out which screen to look at, they're both so nice! :D

I was waiting for an update on that to see how it worked out. What would a snes one work out at price wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Got Every Extend Extra on PSP for €5 on the way home from work, probably never gonna play it cos I put it in a the "to play" pile unfortunatly it's at the bottom of that pile and it's a huge pile

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Whats the max size SD card that will take? I think I'll definitely pick one up.

Also, is it SDHC compatible?

Steve SI wrote: »

2GB max, don't think it supports SDHC, I suppose no point at 2GB. Was debating getting one of these but my Snes gets no time these days so will park for now.

Master of the Universe

DickyC wrote: »
    I was waiting for an update on that to see how it worked out. What would a snes one work out at price wise?

I think about the same, around €60 or so delivered for the PCB only version and almost double for whole kit with a cart shell.

Here it is here. Don't be put off by the backordered bit, they seem to be quick enough getting orders fulfilled.

http://stoneagegamer.com/super_everdrive_ultimate.aspx
    Steve SI wrote: »

2GB max, don't think it supports SDHC, I suppose no point at 2GB. Was debating getting one of these but my Snes gets no time these days so will park for now.

Yeah there's no point in SDHC when the whole Megadrive & 32X Romsets comes in at under 2gb.

Maybe your Snes gets no time Andrew because you don't have an Everdrive for it? ;)

In unrelated news, it seems those Chinese guys have bought my Dreamcast SD reader. Should have that sent out for me in a week. Can't wait!

Maybe your Snes gets no time Andrew because you don't have an Everdrive for it? ;)

Hehe nah, if there was a Snes equivalent of the Nomad then I'd snap up the Super Everdrive.
    In unrelated news, it seems those Chinese guys have bought my Dreamcast SD reader. Should have that sent out for me in a week. Can't wait!

:confused:
    You linked something about that before? Was it not some project that never came to be? Folks bought it off you or you both it off them? :)

Master of the Universe

:confused:
    You linked something about that before? Was it not some project that never came to be? Folks bought it off you or you both it off them? :)

It is a project that came to be. But you can only buy them from this Chinese website that has absolutely no English whatsoever.

So I went through a Chinese proxy buying website instead.

You give the proxy site money via paypal, they buy the card reader from the Chinese site that's unreadable to use western folk and then when it arrives with them they ship it on to you. They charge for the service but the fee is tiny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

For the md fans,picked up this unusual version of zero tolerance game,its an eastern european/russian clone,game plays fine in english text.

For the md fans,picked up this unusual version of zero tolerance game,its an eastern european/russian clone,game plays fine in english text.

No Sega branding at all on the cart? You sure its not a repro...

No idea tbh,from what i gathered,sega themselfs never bothered with the russian market such was rampant piracy,the cart itself is sometimes seen on the russian auction sites.

Small brief mention of game here too- http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17316

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Interesting looking cart. Do you have the official version to compare it to see if there are any differences?

/edit - i mean gameplay differences..The cart itself is obviously pretty different! :D

Official its on its way,tbh i love this quirky stuff,most of it is rubbish but can be found on auction sites, novelty to have,look at this sort-

Master of the Universe

Ah tell me about it, it's the odd stuff that has me broke :D Just whatever you do, don't start buying prototypes and betas. It's all downhill from there!

I'm just interested in this as I bought a very early Zero Tolerance Prototype a while ago. I met a guy over on digital press who also has a ZT prototype, but it's a lot closer to the final version than mine (I think his one even has link up play).

So if your pirate one has some differences I'd really be interested in hearing about it. :)

Doubt there is tbh,the sequel was dumped and leaked while back,someone owns the orig cart here- http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13355&start=210&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

*and theres an general chaos proto on ebay.....you know you want it

Master of the Universe

Cool! I didn't know anyone had a Beyond Zero Tolerance beta. Lucky git!

Oh and I'm going to completely ignore the small print at the bottom of that post. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Retr0gamer wrote: »

You'd get a bunch of Everdrive's for that much :p

Master of the Universe

Pff, rare retail games are for noobs :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I'm still in work but got a text from my girlfriend. My Red Wii arrived at home :D

I don't really play the Wii that much but when I seen the red Wii I knew it had to be mine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

the red one has the original donkey kong on it, I bought herself Animal crossing the city with Wii speak on it for Mothers day, I cant go into the sitting room now without her and her sister talking over the speak thing about what fish they just caught or outfit they bought.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement